My Ex Fiancée

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CharlieB4
CharlieB4
1,256 Followers

"Where was this?"

"Renwick I think or one of the nearby eastern suburbs."

"What time did your neighbour contact you about the noise?"

"I'm not sure, I'll check my phone it should have a time for the text," I grabbed out my phone and went through my messages. "At 11.45 pm."

"I want to show you a couple of pictures on my phone. They are of the men we have in custody; please tell me if you have seen them before."

"Is this standard procedure?"

"It's just a hunch; these two don't fit the profile of rapists. They are look more like young office types to me."

He held up his phone and swiped between the images, I did my best to look stunned then angry.

"What! Is this a joke? Why have you got pictures of Tom and Karl?"

"Who are Tom and Karl?"

"Tom is my best man! Karl is one of my groomsman! What do they have to do with this?"

"They were the two naked guys we found at your apartment, why weren't they at your party."

"They left Brisbane early; they had to work tomorrow .... So they said." I slumped in the chair; I tried my best to look deflated.

There was a voice from behind me, "Excuse me Mick can I have a word."

It was the policewoman I had seen in my apartment.

"Could you step outside for a minute please Mr Spenser."

I stood up and made for the door, leaving my phone on my chair. I had set it up to record my conversation with the sergeant and knowing what they were talking about could be very helpful later. They spoke to each other for about a bit then both left together.

"I'll be back with your fiancée........sorry, Georgia shortly."

I retrieved my phone plugged in my earpiece and listened to what they had said.

The policewoman started, "We have done all the checks, I've got down a statement but she hasn't signed it yet."

"What's your gut feel on this one?" The sergeant asked.

"Well, err, that's why I didn't get her to sign it. It seems a little off. She has definitely had sex but I think consent may not have been an issue. Her story reads like a script from TV, maybe we just caught her having one final fling before her wedding day."

"I am tending to agree. The two guys in custody don't seem to fit the crime; they're preppy creeps but probably not rapists. We have got enough with the drugs to hold them for the night anyway. Her boyfriend? I can't put my finger on it but he comes across like he is trying too hard to be shocked. How do you think we should proceed?"

"Come with me and read Georgia's statement, see if you can think of anything to ask that I have forgotten. I have been the good cop so before we get her to sign, you can give her the penalty talk for giving a false statement."

"Ok. How hard can I go? Is she likely to flip out? We are talking about someone who is a potential victim even if we are not entirely sure."

"That's what feels off about her, I don't think she is traumatized. More likely really guilty or perhaps just worried she got caught. I'm thinking you might be able to put the frighteners on her and get the real story."

"Let's go see then!"

There was the scrapping of the chair as the sergeant stood up then silence until I stopped the recording.

I sat wondering what Georgia would do. I checked my watch; it was time to start the wheels of revenge in motion. I looked through my phone contact list selected the number and dialled.

"The Herald, Eric Town speaking."

Eric wrote in the business section, he was in charge of a grubby little gossip section called CBD. No one admitted to reading it but everybody did. I had met him at a political fundraiser and we had hit it off.

"Hi Eric, its Adam."

"How the fuck is you? And what are you doing up at this ungodly hour?"

"It's a long story that I will tell you later over a beer but I was just wondering if your column was bedded down for tomorrow's edition." I asked hopefully.

"Only just. I hate the start of the financial year; it's always terribly quiet on the gossip front. Have you heard something I should know?" His interest was piqued.

"Is it too late to put it in?"

"It will be if you don't tell me straight away!" He always was impatient if he thought he was missing a big story.

"Would you be interested in two young up and coming boy geniuses on the fast track to the board room languishing in an interview room on drug and sexual assault charges?"

"Hell yes! That would be the best gossip I've had in weeks. Can I use names? Please tell me I can use names!" Eric pleaded.

"If you want to get sued you can used names. This would be strictly in the "Guess who? Don't sue!" category."

At the end of his columns Eric had a "Guess who? Don't sue!" section where all his unsubstantiated juicy titbits were put with no names. Every morning tea break in the city little clusters of office workers would be trying to put names to the allegations.

"Spoilsport! Now you know how I work, I need some background so I can make up my cryptic clues. Spill the beans brother!"

"Tom and Karl." I said trying to keep my voice level.

"Your best man and groomsman? You're shopping your mates? Who did they attack? Your mother?"

"My fiancée or should I say my ex fiancée." I tried but I couldn't help but be bitter.

"Ohm." Eric was silent, something about his response was different than I expected.

"Did you already know about this?" I enquired.

"Err No, umm I suppose I should say I'm not completely surprised." He said cautiously.

"What's that supposed to mean!" I raised my voice and got a harsh stare from a passing nurse.

"Umm, well, there has been some scuttlebutt for some time about Georgia and her boss. I haven't been able to get a handle on it so I didn't mention it."

"She is fucking her boss too?" I half shouted again.

"Well....probably but. The story was she was offered as an incentive to prospective clients." Eric said sheepishly.

"Fucking hell! How could I have been so blind?"

"It's called love Adam. Anyway do you want me to go nuclear on this?"

"That's why I called, burn the bastards."

"Consider it done!"

We said our goodbyes and disconnected. The policewoman was walking down the corridor towards me. She had a really good figure, walked with confidence. Oh those women in uniform! She stopped I front of me.

"I'm Constable Haven; I work with victims of sexual assault. Do you mind if I have a quick word? Georgia will be along shortly and hopefully I can help you both get over this trauma together."

Not likely, I thought. But I put my smiley face on and allowed her to counsel me. It was a bit tedious until she squatted down to get better eye contact but I mostly just stared at her chest.

Georgia came towards me with Sergeant Potts beside her. I stood and made like a concerned soon to be husband. Moving towards them and taking Georgia in my arms. She started crying and I'd patted her back and head like a sad puppy making comforting remarks about how everything was going to be alright, that I would be there for her, all that sort of shit. In the back of my mind I was scheming, I had three of my bridal party in trouble but there were still two to get. Both police officers gave me their cards then we left.

On the way home Georgia sat sniffling and thanking me. Saying how great I was and how she loved me. Back at our apartment I started cleaning up, Georgia appeared keen to get me into bed but there was no way I was going sloppy thirds on the bitch. Who knows how many times I had before? I made a mental note to get a check-up with my doctor.

"Come on baby I need you to cuddle me." Georgia moaned.

"I just want to clean up, you go to bed I will be there shortly."

Exhaustion must have been setting in for her as she gave up on me and went to bed.

I had much to do; first I downloaded the video from the hard drive and reviewed it. It was perfect. From the moment they entered my apartment it was obvious there was no rape. Georgia couldn't wait to get her clothes off and start sucking the guy's cocks. One charge of making a false complaint. Maybe if the prosecutor had a hard-on perverting the course of justice.

The boys were more interested in getting high and their big mouths helped me out again. They said they got the drugs from Tony. I knew he always had drugs I didn't know he was a dealer. That's another groomsman on a drugs charge. Later on they went even further, Georgia asked why they had so much and they said that Tony had just made a big buy. He had needed some extra money so they had lent him some. They hoped to double it in the next couple of weeks as Tony shifted the product. Slam dunk! Three possessions with intent to supply charges. They probably would get good enough lawyers to keep them out of jail but there business careers were fucked. The three of them got down to business after that so I still had to get something on Geoff if he was involved.

I had originally thought I would e-mail the CCTV footage off to the police around midday but given the Sergeants misgivings about me I decided to ring now. At 3 am I thought I would just get their message services but it would show I wasn't trying to hide stuff. I dialled the Sergeant first and was surprised when he answered.

"Hello, Senior Sergeant Potts." He sounded annoyed; I hoped I hadn't woken him.

"It's Adam, umm, Adam Spenser. Err I met you at the hospital when I picked up my fiancée. I didn't wake you did I?"

"No of course not! I'm on the night shift; I don't get to sleep till 8 am!" His mood wasn't improving.

"Look I don't want to take up your time but mum," I paused as if I was struggling to hold it together. "There are three CCTV cameras hooked up to a hard drive in my apartment." I snuffled and cleared my throat, I had to try and sell this.

"Oh right," that got his interest. "Why didn't you say anything before? Have you looked at it?" I could almost see him suddenly sitting upright leaning forward expectantly.

"I guess in all that was going on I forgot. I umm I.... I have," I paused again and blew my nose. "Sorry, it's hard.... You know..... I looked at it and....and." I stopped completely and the Sergeant bit hard on the bait.

"What? What did you see Adam? Adam? Are you still there?"

"I, umm, I don't think it was rape, they....... oh god! They came in together, laughing and kissing!" I let out a strangled cry and pretended to sob.

"Was there anything to do with the drugs?" The Sergeant demanded he had already suspected the rape was bogus but he still seemed to want to nail the boys.

"I didn't look at much after that but they were putting them on the coffee table." I lied.

"I need to see that footage, there are two high powered legal eagles here making a lot of noise about lawsuits, and can you send it to me?"

"I could e-mail it I think."

"Hold on and I'll give you an address, we need to get it quickly!"

He gave me the address then hung up. I went to my computer and sent through a copy of the entire footage from the three cameras.

I went to the spare room and tried to get some sleep but just managed to roll around with my eyes closed. I couldn't believe that I had been such a bad judge of character of my girlfriend and my mates. Sometime around five my phone rang.

"Sorry I hope you weren't in a deep sleep." It as Sergeant Potts and he sounded a lot happier.

"I was in bed but I'm having trouble getting any sleep." I said tersely.

"Yes, well, that's understandable. Err you know, given the circumstances. Look I won't keep you, could we get together for a coffee when I get off at eight? There are a few developments that I want to talk with you about."

"Sure, I've got nothing planned." The bitterness was strong in my answer.

"There is a coffee shop in Surrey Hills just down from the Oxford tavern, do you know it?"

"Yes, don't go in there much too many coppers!"

"Yes, I suppose there is, well I will see you at eight."

He disconnected and I went back to rolling around trying to sleep. I got up at 7am and had a shower. Georgia was still sound asleep or at last pretending to be. I doubt she was very keen to talk to me until she had time to make up a story. I flicked on the morning TV shows trying to find something to take my mind off the past twenty four hours. The lead story on the 7.30 news soon had my attention.

"Drug squad police carried out a dawn raid in the beachside suburb of Bronte. A two storey house was raided and two men detained in connection with an inner city drug ring. Neighbours of the house said the occupant was a nice young fellow who worked for a bank in the city. Police are not giving any more details as yet but confirmed that a large quantity of drugs had even seized. Also that they were holding other individuals who they hope can help them with their investigation."

Ohm yeah, fucks you, you bastards! Sergeant Potts would be pleased.

I dressed and was on my way out to meet the sergeant when I remembered my conversation with the gossip columnist. I went back to the computer and checked the online addition. At the bottom of the CBD column under the bold heading Guess Who Don't Sue.

"Which high profile PR exec and girl about town upcoming nuptials are on hold after she was caught "in flagrante deflector" with a couple of the bridal party. Unfortunately she soon to be ex fiancée and rising star in the private banking world wasn't one of them."

Delicious! That would have the suits in the city yapping up a storm around the water cooler this morning. Suddenly I thought of Georgia's parents, they were really good people and didn't deserve to find out second hand about the upcoming problems. I rang them straight away, Jack, Georgia's father answered.

"Hi Adam, how is the bucks weekend going?"

"It came to an early conclusion after some fracas in Brisbane, could I meet up with you and Janice sometime this morning?"

"What's wrong Adam?" I sensed a tremor in his voice.

"I don't want to go into it over the phone Jack." I said softly.

"It's not got something to do with the paper this morning?" Jack had worked in the city all his life before retiring three years ago. He still read the business section first every morning.

"I'll tell you later Jack; can you make it into town?" They deserved to be told face to face.

"Alright, we will be in around eleven. Where do you want to meet?" He sounded resigned to getting bad news.

"How about that little pastry shop outside your old office building, they still bake the best cakes and treats around."

"Okay we will see you there, just one thing Adam. Please don't make any rash decisions until you know everything!" Jack pleaded.

"I already know too much Jack, I'm sorry." I felt the tears welling in my eyes for real this time. After saying goodbye I went out the door.

It was a glorious sunny day in Sydney; late autumn is always the best. The sun has lost its searing heat and the humidity is generally lower. I decided to walk to my meeting it would make me a little late but I didn't care.

Sergeant Potts was standing to leave when I walked into the coffee shop.

"I thought you bankers were punctual?" he scolded.

"I'm still on holidays." I grumbled as I slumped into the chair opposite to where he was standing.

He sat down opposite me; his scowl was replaced with a smile. "Luckily for you we got a result last night. That CCTV footage was very informative, we couldn't use it as evidence but it gave us enough background to work them over. We had them split up so when we started asking about buying a shipment of drugs they both thought the other had sold them out."

The waitress came over and I ordered some orange juice while Sergeant got some warm milk. The police force is not what they used to be.

After taking a sip he continued. "We got Tony's name from them and then we raided the house and found more drugs. The drug squad were ecstatic. Tony stayed quiet for a while but as we outlined what we had found out from the other two he gave up. He is trying to cut a deal by shopping the name of his supplier."

"So what happens to them now?"

"The first two were remanded to appear at a bail hearing tomorrow morning, maybe Tony as well if he can work out something with the prosecutor."

"Public hearing?" I enquired hopefully.

"Oh yes," he chuckled. "Their lawyers are trying for an out of session hearing, but the prosecutor wants this on the media. As it appears do you!" He lifted the morning Herald out of his lap neatly folded exposing the CBD column.

"I .... I don't know what you mean." I tried to look innocent.

"A likely story! I wonder if that CCTV system of yours has remote access." He sat back in his chair an amused expression on his face. "I'd wager that it also is a time card in it that lets you know at what times it's been checked. Maybe I should get a warrant and have a look for myself."

"Why chase the victim here! Maybe by the time you got a warrant the hard drive may be damaged."

The Sergeant's smile turned into a laugh, when he had composed himself he sat forward and said in a low voice.

"Keep your shirt on Adam, you just confirmed my suspicions. I'm not interested in you but I do want to know what you want to happen to Georgia."

"What do you mean?"

"Well there could be a charge of making a false statement. It wouldn't stick of course, I'm sure she could get it dropped as a first offense or maybe we just forget it. It's hardly worth the time to fill out the paperwork unless you are after some retribution which by the look of things you are." He lifted the paper again to emphasize his point.

"Umm I'm not sure what you mean." I acted dumb.

"Okay, you're a careful guy, give me a call after 6 pm today if you want me to push for the charge otherwise I'll bury it." He stood and left leaving me to ponder my choice.

I finished my juice and went out into the bright sunshine. I continued walking towards the city, the next part of my revenge was to turn up at work dishevelled and downcast. That would leave the gossip readers in doubt who was involved. The humiliation for me wouldn't be fun but I think it was one way to ensure Tom and Karl positions' at the bank would soon be vacant.

Upon entry into the bank foyer it started, one of the security guards elbowed another and pointed in my direction. That continued as I walked to the elevators, I got in the first one going up and a couple of others joined me. The mail guy bustled in with his trolley just as the doors were closing. Obviously he didn't read the business section of the Herald.

"He Adam! How was the weekend man?"

A secretary pretended to lose her balance and knocked the trolley into the mail guy's shins.

"Ouch! Careful Miss!"

The elevator stopped at the next floor and he exited still rubbing his shins. For the rest of the ride there was silence from the others. They suddenly found the floor very interesting to look at. I was going to the top floor as I was hopefully going to get to see the CEO and there was only the secretary who had silenced the mail guy left by then. Just before we exited she put her hand on my arm, I turned to face her.

"I'm sorry about what's going on. If you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on here's my number." She slipped a piece of paper into my hand, then left walking away with an exaggerated swagger drawing attention to a killer set of legs and tight buns.

I looked at the number; I hadn't seen her writing anything in the lift so she must have had it written before. I screwed up the note and deposited it in the nearest bin; I think she probably had a stack of them in her pocket.

I made my way to the CEO's office; his secretary was a fearsome woman with a sharp tongue. She sat behind a high desk and peered at people over glasses perched on the end of her nose. I entered her office and as is her way she kept her eyes down ignoring the intrusion into her day. I waited for her to stop her designated task; I had earned her wrath for speaking before she spoke before. She looked up like a cobra waiting to strike but when she saw me she softened.

CharlieB4
CharlieB4
1,256 Followers