My Fantasy Girl Ch. 02

Story Info
First date with my fantasy girl.
6.8k words
4.45
11.7k
2
0

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/16/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

PREPARING FOR THE DATE

I was really excited that Melissa had agreed to go to dinner with me but now I had a few things to think about before I picked her up.

For one, where would I take her. Dinner would take some time but how about afterward. The easiest decision here would be to go somewhere that has music. But I was a really bad dancer and I doubted there would be a place within a reasonable distance where you simply listen to the music. And if we wound up with hours of conversation I was concerned because I wasn't a joke teller or even an interesting conversationalist, and I wasn't sure we'd have anything in common to talk about what with our age difference.

Perhaps more importantly, I had to be able to answer two questions that were almost bound to be raised, marriage and age. The marriage question was actually the easier of the two. I could just be honest. I had never asked a young lady out in all my years of marriage but I was now sure Joan and I were headed for divorce. Melissa might not believe me but it was true. This issue might not come up but after five years in the consulting field I was very aware of the power of the informal communications systems at our client locations. It seemed that almost before we started a project the office people knew all about us, not just professionally but personally as well. This could have even been the reason Melissa hesitated as long as she did before saying yes when I asked her out.

The age question would be more difficult. If it came up early in the evening it would indicate that it was a real concern for Melissa. No doubt the spread from twenty-three to thirty-eight was a huge gap! I did look young for my age so I could shave a few years off in my answer, but that meant telling her a lie, something I was loath to do. I figured out at a young age that I was not a good liar. Playing nickel-dime-quarter poker in high school, a game you could hardly bluff in, the others seemed to know when I had a good hand and when I didn't. Apparently, my face was a dead give-away. The solution for me over the years was to tell the truth or say nothing, if that was an option. And, of course, I quit playing poker at a young age.

Later in the day while meeting with Tom Chambers, the programmer, I asked him if there was anyplace nearby that had live music. "oh," he said. "You've got to go to the new Holiday Inn! It's a bit of a drive but it's the only place that has live music during the week and it has really good food too if you want to eat dinner there. It's a new concept Holiday Inn has started and we've got one of the first ones. They call it the Holidome." Of course, I didn't mentioned to him that I was taking Melissa.

One of the things I did not think about was the fact that I would be cheating on my marriage to Joan. In my mind just taking a woman to dinner on a personal level (as opposed to a professional level, which I had done) was a form of cheating. But surprisingly, I felt no guilt, had no pangs of conscience. I really did consider my marriage over!

THE START OF THE DATE

I arrived at Melissa's house right at 7PM. Another of the things they stressed in "consulting 101" was that arriving early was almost as bad as being late so I followed this practice in my personal life as well as my professional life.

Her parent's house was a small very thin building. It reminded me of my grandparents' houses in South Philadelphia, except it was free-standing whereas theirs were row houses. It was just one room wide, about 12-15 feet, and stretched to the rear. I assumed that it had a living room in front, then a dining room and finally a kitchen in the back, just like my grandparents had. It was a two-story building so the bedrooms would be on the second floor. There was an open porch in the front and the porch light was on. I went up onto the porch but before I rang the bell the door opened and Melissa came out. She must have been looking out the window, then put her coat on and buttoned it up as soon as she saw me.She doesn't want her parents to see me.

She was wearing a long overcoat (it WAS January in central Pennsylvania!) which had three large buttons, one at the neck, one at the breasts and one at the waist. The coat was open from the waist down. Melissa held the two sides of the ankle length coat closed with one hand. When we got to the car, I opened the door for her and swiveled the seat so she could sit down directly from the curb. After she sat I told her to raise her feet, then swiveled the seat back to its regular position. All this time she kept the coat closed with her hand. I pulled out the seat belt and gave it to her to fasten, then I went around to the driver's side of the car. As I got in I could see that she was sitting very stiffly, still clutching the flaps of her coat. I noticed she was wearing the same shoes she wore to work, the ones with the three inch full heels.

"Wow, this is a really nice car! What kind is it?"

"It's an Oldsmobile. Of course, it's not mine. It's a rental car and it is nicer than what I usually get."

"Well, it sure is fancy and these seats are so plush, and I've never heard of a car where the seats swivel." The seats were covered in velour, a much warmer fabric than leather or plastic.

By now I had moved the shifter on the center console to drive and we were on our way.

"Where are we going for dinner?"

"I talked with Tom this afternoon and he said the Holiday Inn is very good. Have you been there?"

"I went once to go dancing but I've never eaten there."

"Well, good. Since you've been there you can help me if I make a wrong turn. Incidentally, I notice everyone at work calls you Lissa, but I think Melissa is a beautiful name, so I hope you don't mind if that's what I call you."

"Not at all. There are plenty of people who call me by each of the names. Tell me Bob, how old are you?"

That didn't take long. Two minutes to admire the car and then BANG!I've GOT to lie!

"I'm thirty-three." I shaved off five years because that would make time adjustments easier, like when I graduated from high school or college.

"Oh, I thought you were younger, about twenty-eight."

Oh, no. I could have taken off ten years and she would have accepted it.

"Well, I'm thirty-three and you're twenty-three. I don't think ten years is all that much of a difference."

"Actually, it's more like nine years. I'll be twenty-four next month."

"Oh, when is your birthday?"

"The twenty-fourth of February."

"Ah, so you'll be twenty-four on the twenty-fourth."

From that point on we made small talk for the rest of the trip. I asked her about her job, though I already knew what she did. I asked about her daughter, but I avoided anything to do with her marriage or divorce. During the entire trip which took about 40 minutes she sat very straight and held her coat closed even though the car temperature was very comfortable.

The front of the Holiday Inn was certainly a big step up from the typical Holiday Inn found in small towns at that time. There were plenty of available parking places near the entrance so I skipped the covered circular drive at the entrance. I opened the door and swung Melissa's seat out for her. She stepped out, still holding her coat shut.

As we passed through the check-in area one of the clerks behind the counter told us there was no one assigned to the coat check room but our coats would be safe if we wished to hang them up there. I had a London Fog raincoat with a zip-out lining which I wore both winter and summer. I hung up my coat but Melissa said she wanted to keep her coat with her. By now I was dying to see what she was wearing under that coat!

We passed through a doorway into a huge open area. The hostess greeted us, "Two for dinner?" I answered, "Yes" and she led us to a table. It was a white tablecloth restaurant, very formal looking. About half the tables were occupied, probably not bad for a Wednesday. All the men and women at the tables were dressed nicely in suits and appropriate dresses.

The entire space was open. Right in front of us were dining tables, off to the right I could see a small dance floor with a bandstand, now empty, and some tiered seating with small cocktail tables; to the left was a large open area and some doors leading to the kitchen and other service areas. Beyond the dining area were some plants and trees and beyond those was the swimming pool. Two floors of rooms surrounded the swimming pool on the other three sides. And the whole thing was indoors, a plastic roof covering the entire structure. It was nothing like the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta of course. That hotel had a 23 story high atrium with greenery hanging from the balconies running around each floor, but it was very impressive, especially for a less populated region.

DINNER

The hostess led us to our table and asked if we wanted a cocktail before dinner. "Yes, please." I answered. Melissa said, "I'll have a seven and seven."That's what I ordered when I first started drinking as a teenager. Either she doesn't drink much or perhaps hers is a beer drinking crowd.

"I'll have a gin and tonic." As the hostess gave me an odd look I said, "Yes, I know! It's a summer drink but I've become addicted to it and I drink it all year round, even in the dead of winter." She smiled, then headed for the kitchen area.

The moment of truth had arrived. The hostess had pulled out one of the chairs for Melissa and I went around to help her off with her coat. She was wearing a very short dress with a full skirt, made from a soft material in pastel colors. The primary color was a very light gray with a pattern that included pink, light blue, lavender and light yellow shades. Because the material was soft the hem of the full skirt fell straight down after flaring out for her hips giving the dress the appearance of being a little longer than her black skirt, but I think it was probably the same length and simply sat differently.

The top covered her completely with a plain neckline and short puffy sleeves. The front consisted of four wide vertical pleats. There was a belt of the same material at the waist, as wide as a cummerbund, with a large bow in the back. All in all it was a very attractive dress, though rather puritanical. If Melissa looked like a junior high schooler going to class in her black skirt, she now looked like that same student going to church.

"I noticed the hostess took your drink order with no questions. Don't you get carded?"

"No, never."Am I the only one who thinks she looks like a teenager.When we first came in and everyone looked up as people in a restaurant always seem to do, I felt uncomfortable, like everyone was excoriating me as the old lecher with the young girl.

Melissa asked me to drape her coat over her chair, then she sat down. The bow was so large and it drooped down so she was sitting on it when she sat. As I sat across from her I made a comment about how attractive the place was. Then our waitress came with our drinks. "Cheers," I said and took a swallow of my drink. "I'm really glad you wore a dress tonight. Don't get me wrong. You looked very good in the slacks you wore to work today but a dress is so much nicer on a date. I guess because it's more feminine, and you really do look nice."This is a date and I've just acknowledged it as such.I hadn't done that when I asked her to dinner.

"Thank you."

We opened our menus. I scanned mine quickly. It looked pretty much the same as the menus I'd seen at other Holiday Inns, a couple of steaks at the top, then proceeding down through ham, pork chops, fried chicken, and spaghetti. I decided a steak was the best bet, closed the menu and picked up the wine list.

I soon laid it down too, at which time our waitress came over.

"Are you ready to order?" I could see Melissa was still looking at the menu so I told the waitress to give us a few more minutes.

We spent the next several minutes sipping our drinks while Melissa still had her head buried in the menu. The waitress started over again but I motioned her away by shaking my head from side to side.

Gosh, she could have that menu memorized by now. What's taking her so long? Wait, in the few dates I had before I got married I never took a girl to such a nice restaurant except Joan, and by the time I took her to a good restaurant she knew me well enough to know she could order whatever she pleased. I wonder if Melissa is uncomfortable because she wants something expensive but doesn't want to seem like she's extravagant. And, of course, the woman always has to order before the man so she can't just follow my lead. I've got to put her at ease.

"Do you like steak?"

"Oh, yes." I could see the relief on her face.

"Good! Why don't we both get filet mignon. That way we can share a bottle of wine."

I signaled to the waitress that we were ready. When she came to our table she stood beside and slightly behind Melissa, facing me. "We've both decided to have the filet mignon." I said.

"Very good. How would you like yours cooked miss?"

Not looking up from the menu, Melissa answered, "Well done."

The waitress grimaced and looked at me in exasperation. I mouthed the word, medium. The waitress nodded to me, then asked Melissa if she wanted a baked potato or french fries. Melissa chose a baked potato with sour cream.Well, thank goodness for that.I'm a purist; you always get a baked potato with any good steak, except a T-bone. For some reason french fries do seem to go better with a T-bone.

We finished ordering and I selected a medium priced cabernet sauvignon, telling the waitress to please bring the wine when she served the salads.

In just a couple of minutes we were digging into our salads and one of those small heated loaves of bread many restaurants serve. It was obvious that Melissa had a good appetite. Since we now had the wine to drink I deferred when the waitress asked if we wanted another cocktail.

The steaks and potatoes arrived exactly as we finished our salads. Perfect timing and service!

My steak was delicious and Melissa said hers was too. I wondered if we were just lucky or if Holiday Inn had upgraded their food for their new motels. Either way, the meal matched favorably to steaks I'd had in some really expensive restaurants.

We didn't talk much at the beginning of our meal. We were both enjoying the food. As I refilled our wine glasses I noticed that Melissa was only a little behind me. She was obviously enjoying the wine too.

I now had the opportunity to look at her more closely. She did not appear to be wearing any makeup; certainly no lipstick, and no blush on her cheeks, no eye makeup either though it was hard to tell since she wore glasses. And I hadn't detected any odor of perfume when we were in the car, only the fresh smell of someone who has recently taken a bath or a shower.

There could be two explanations for the lack of makeup. One would be that Melissa knew I was married and didn't want to do anything which could be an embarrassment to me after I went home. The more likely reason, however, was that she simply did not use any makeup or perfume. Her boss had commented during his cocktail party about how strict her parents were so it was my guess that she had never worn makeup before she got involved with the boy who got her pregnant. As for the intervening years, perhaps she never saw a reason to start using makeup. At twenty-three she was attractive enough she really didn't need any help.

Finally, at one point Melissa looked up and our eyes met. "You're staring." she said.

"I'm sorry. I just think you're very attractive. But of course you know that! I mean attractive people do know that they're attractive, don't they?"

I don't know if my directness shocked her or not but she was obviously thinking of what to say before she answered. "Overall, I am pleased with the way I look. I'm especially glad that I'm so petite. There are just two things I wish I could change."

"Oh, what are they?"

"For one, I wish I didn't have to wear glasses, but I can't afford contact lenses."

"But your glasses look so good on you. Their color and style are just right."What am I saying? I've been wearing contacts for nearly twenty years. I always hated wearing glasses. Now I'm criticizing someone else for wanting contacts!"On the other hand, I can understand your desire to not have to wear glasses. I've been wearing contact lenses since I was nineteen and they really are more convenient than glasses for me."

Editorial note: In 1975 only hard lenses were generally available. They were much easier to detect than soft lenses.

"You wear contact lenses? Wow, you sure do wear them well. I can usually tell when someone is wearing contact lenses but I sure couldn't tell you wear them." Melissa leaned forward and looked intently into my eyes.This is the first time she's really looked at me.

"I still can't see them. Turn your head so I can get a profile view. Oh, now I can see them . I've never known anyone who wore them as well as you do."

We settled back into our seats. "So what's your other imperfection?" I asked.

"Well, I'm sure you've noticed, I'm completely flat-chested."

"I have noticed that every outfit I've seen you in seems to have what I call a busy top. You know, pleats like your dress tonight, which look very nice incidentally. They make your dress look elegant. At work I've seen you wearing vests and cardigans with flower appliques and such, so I figured you were probably pretty small breasted. But that's okay by me. I'm a leg and butt man myself and you are outstanding in both of those places."

"Thanks. Those are definitely my best features."

We took a few more bites before I started talking again. "Well, tell me, since you've been back, have you done much dating?"

"No. When I first came home, I quickly got into an affair with one guy. It was strictly a sex thing. You know, after the things my husband said and did I had to prove to myself that I was desirable. I was sorry for it quickly and broke it off. Now I'm looking for a true relationship."

Was that an innocent though very open comment or is she now looking for me to come clean about my marriage.

"So, does that mean you've only been with two men in your life?"

"Yes."

"Well, actually, that's more sexual experience than I've had. I've only been with one woman, my wife." I studied her face closely as I said this but I did not see any expression to indicate she was surprised to hear I was married. "I'm still married but things are going very badly right now. As attractive as I think you are, I wouldn't have asked you out if it were not for my situation at home. I hope you believe me. You are the first woman I've ever asked out since I got married."

Melissa looked downward with a sad look on her face."Well, I do know something about how bad things can be at home."

With that, we went back to concentrating on our meals. By now the band, a four person rock group, had started their first set of the evening. By the time they got into their third song I concluded they were quite good for such a venue. I said as much to Melissa.

"They actually work full time for Holiday Inn." she said. "There are five or six groups who rotate every two weeks or so between the Holiday Inns in this area. This group is probably the best."How does she know so much about how the entertainment is set up? Surely she's been here a lot more than one time. Of course I'll bet that between sets some of the band members hit on her so that's how she would know their playing schedule. Her sexual escapade may even have been with one of the band members. Well, that's not really my business.

We finished our meals and were working on the last of the wine. Our waitress came over to clear our plates and ask if we wanted coffee or dessert. Melissa said she wanted neither so I asked for the check. "We are going to go over to listen to the music and would like a couple of drinks. Do you want to add them to our bill or should we start a new charge?"

12