My Girlfriend's Mum Pt. 01

Story Info
I can't believe she would do this to me...
6.6k words
3.79
64.5k
21
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Manndee
Manndee
119 Followers

How many people say, 'take a look at the Mum because that is what your girlfriend will look like when she gets older'? That always worried me when people said that! It was always older family friends that would tell me that! It usually finished with one of them laughing at me and ruffling my hair. I guess the saying was one of those things that stuck in my mind.

I grew up in the East End of London; pubs were places where real people went to be social and catch-up with each other. No FACEBOOK or TWITTER in the 80's - you had to do things verbally. For some reason, it was a time when everyone would go on holiday and send postcards to all their friends. She was telling them about the shit they had done by the beach - they usually got back from the holiday before the postcard dropped on all the doorsteps. But, like lemmings, that is what people did.

The pubs where I drank when I was younger were very male orientated, unless it was a Saturday night. If it was a Saturday night, the men would wear suits and Crombie's, and they would all call their wife 'The Duchess'. The women would all wear dresses and pearl necklaces with fur coats. Saturday nights in the East End where I lived was all about going out and getting dressed up. All the pubs where I lived and drank did 'afters'; pubs in those days closed at 11pm, unless you were a regular. In the 80's, it was family gathering time on a Saturday night - the same old music act would arrive just before 8pm - they would set up at the piano and then it was show time! It was songs from 'Chas and Dave' and 'Frank Sinatra' that got all the singers amongst the crowd, after 6 pints of bitter, up on stage, doing what is now called 'Karaoke'. They were fun times and real people - they all worked really hard and not many of them reached 75. Quite often, years of smoking and booze would eventually kill them. In fact, I think most of the 1980's and 1990's was spent going to funerals of the characters that I knew from when I was a youngster.

In those days during the week, the same pubs were full of card players and men laughing and joking, playing darts. Pubs were smoky but social places where men met their mates, filled in betting slips, and talked about football and young girls. But when it came to it, they had all been married for 30 years, loved their wives to death, and didn't know any different. Some men did have affairs - it was usually a mid-life crisis - shock-waves would go through the pub when gossiping women would meet up. The wife who had been cheated on would lose weight and be protected by several heavy, big-breasted angry wives, and eventually she would be dragged out on a Saturday night so she wasn't left at home and forgotten by her friends. The wife who had been cheated on would start to look really fit, usually lost weight from doing aerobics - then several months later, the husband would return with his tail between his legs. He would be very quiet and very submissive, and all the women in the pub would hate him for cheating on this fantastic looking new woman. Eventually, things would return to normal, but the women would still hate that man. But, life would go on because that was how the East End worked.

Then a new drama would hit the pub - a regular or several regulars would get arrested for committing something like armed robbery. I knew quite a few faces in their early 40's that would always be in and out of jail for various things, but that was how they lived their lives! Every one of them had dreams - they were all going to win the football pools and retire! That was the way it worked. There was no eBay for cheap bargains; if you wanted something cheap, you asked someone down the pub, who had a friend who knew someone who could get it cheap.

When I first met Emily, it was just like those freeze-frame moments they do in those 1980's movies - our eyes just seemed to meet over everything that was going on around us. Emily was very pretty; she was the sort of girl that other women would hate because she was just pretty - she could make anything that she wore look good. Emily was the barmaid in the pub where I drank with family and friends - I was 23 at the time. I didn't have a girlfriend and as some would say in those days - I was in the market for a new bird. A few weeks had gone by and I didn't realize just how much I looked forward to seeing Emily on a Saturday night. It was the only night she worked there, and I really liked her.

One night a very good family friend asked me if I liked the barmaid. I said casually "Yeah, she's nice!"

He nudged me and said "Well ask her out, you Dickhead!"

I remember smiling and saying "No, she couldn't deal with my dick...it would be too big for her!" I then burst out laughing in a very false laugh... but I really did want to ask her out. I just didn't know how to find the right time or what to say to her.

Before I could go through in my mind what to say, the family friend appeared and said "She's working on Wednesday night over at the Nelson pub...she finishes at 8pm and she would like to go out for a drink with you! You better talk to her now about the finer details!" He patted me on the back, burst out laughing and walked off.

I couldn't believe what he had done. I was excited, but I was embarrassed that he had asked her out for me! I walked over to her at the bar; she finished serving someone, smiled at me and walked over.

"Hi! Yes, I would like to go for a drink on Wednesday...that would be really nice! You can pick me up at the Nelson pub...I finish at 8! Oh by the way, just in case you get the wrong idea, I'm just a barmaid there!" She laughed, touched my hand, and walked away to serve someone else.

I was mesmerized by her posh voice, and her fantastic looks - she was really pretty! I couldn't believe I was actually going to take her out! The next four days were torture as I prepared to be ready for my date. It kept playing on my mind what she said "I'm just a barmaid there!" I went for a quick beer after work on Tuesday evening and decided to drop in to conversation with the lads about the Nelson pub. "Why would she say what she did?" I saw one of the older guys at the bar sitting on a bar stool reading a paper. "Hi Trev! You know that pub, the Nelson...what's it like?"

Trevor looked at me and smiled, "Why you asking?"

"I've got to meet a mate there on Friday!" I decided to not tell the truth.

"Oh right! Well it's the stripper's pub, isn't it? It's where all the strippers go to learn to dance! It's actually really good...you will enjoy it!" He carried on reading the sports page.

'Fucking hell, she works in a stripper's pub, what the fuck?' I thought about it as I took the beers back to my friends. I didn't really hear what they were saying because I now had the Nelson pub on my mind.

Wednesday afternoon came quite quickly; I left work, went home, and had a shower. I then had a shave, put on my smart white t-shirt and a lemon coloured LaCoste cardigan, a pair of tight Wrangler jeans, and I sprayed myself with some Hai Karate aftershave. I still lived at home with my Mum. I told her I might be late and made my way over to the Nelson pub.

When I got there, the music was really loud and the pub was packed with guys, most of them seemed to be in just one part of the pub. The bar area was actually empty. I walked over to the bar and saw Emily talking to a girl - she was wearing a black PVC all-in-one, thigh high boots, and had long blonde hair.

Emily looked up smiled and walked towards me. "You still came then?"

I smiled trying to look cool. "Of course...I said I told you I would buy you a drink, didn't I?"

She burst out laughing "Take a seat over there...I will get you a lager! The dance is about to finish, so I will be busy in a minute!"

I sat down on the stool; the girl in PVC walked over and said "Well hello, Darling!"

I heard Emily shout "Oi...leave him alone, Jade...he's my hot date!"

The girl burst out laughing "OK Hun...if you own him, I won't touch...promise!" she smiled at me and it felt like an honest smile. "You never been here before, have you?"

I couldn't lie, so I nodded. The girl smiled; she had 2 great big pint jugs with handles on, she leaned over kissed me on the head and said "Right...let's get the punters to fill my jugs!"

The music stopped and the cheers and clapping filled the pub. The bar became a wild, wild, west of loud men laughing and drinking beer. Emily was fast at serving with 2 other girls who I had not seen, all the guys were hitting on her and she just ignored them. Then the DJ announced that Jade was now on stage - it was like a tidal wave - the men suddenly just disappeared and virtually ran to see the PVC-clad Jade standing on stage with a whip in her hand.

Emily came over to me and said "Are you ready? I can go now!" she grabbed her leather coat from the bar and I walked out the Nelson with the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Quite a few guys looked at us, or rather at her, as we weaved our way out of the pub. I looked back to see Jade reeling in a guy with her whip towards her naked pussy. The cheers were really loud as the door closed behind us and we seemed to be back in the normal world.

"So, you like Italian food?" Emily smiled at me.

"Wow! Italian on our first night out? Yummy...yes please!"

I felt her hand grab my hand and we walked down towards the high street where the restaurant called 'Spaghetti Junction' was. We got to the doors of the restaurant, Emily walked in first. A young Italian waiter virtually jumped on her as I followed behind...

"Table for two, Sir?"

I looked him in the eye and said "Yes please, waiter!" he knew I was pissed with him dribbling over Emily. We sat by the window and then got the menu's.

"Would Sir like to order drinks?"

Emily smiled "You order!"

I looked at the waiter and said "A bottle of Asti Spumante please!"

The meal was really nice, but I spent the whole night going eye-to-eye with most of the men in the restaurant - everyone was looking at Emily. I asked for the bill. It was later than I realized, nearly ten-thirty.

"Where do you live?" I said.

"I live about ten minutes away in a taxi with my mum! Do you want to come back for coffee?"

"Yeah, that would be nice!" I paid the bill and asked the waiter to call us a taxi.

When the taxi arrived, we got in and sat in the back together, Emily put her head on my shoulder and held my hand, "That was really nice, Pete...thank you!"

It was virtually 10 minutes exactly when the taxi stopped at some very expensive houses. Emily got out, I paid the taxi, and we walked to the biggest house in the row.

"Pete, my Mum is probably still awake! She is emmm...how do I say it? Very forward in asking things! Don't let her get the better of you! She is quite dominating at first, but I know you will like her!" She opened the door to a large hall with stairs leading upstairs about ten feet from the doorway. "I'm home, Mum...I bought a guest with me for coffee!"

I heard some footsteps on the stairs, looked up and saw a woman dressed in a cream negligee, she had cream fluffy mule slippers and her long black hair flowed over her shoulders.

"Well introduce me, Darling...who is this gorgeous man?"

She was a mature woman, probably early 50's, but she was stunning in her looks.

"This is Pete, Mum...keep your hands off him, he's mine! OK!? Not yours Mum...mine!"

The woman walked down the stairs slowly towards me. "Do you like what you see, Darling? My name is Josephine, or you can call me Mummy!"

I knew I was blushing, I didn't say anything. She got to the bottom of the stairs and walked into the lounge deliberately brushing her satin nightgown against my arm.

"Follow Mummy, Darling...let me find out all about you!" The lady started to talk like a quiz show host, but she never took a breath. "Answer these questions for me, Darling? How long have you known my beautiful daughter Emily?" As I went to answer the question she asked another question. "Have you ever been married? Where do you live? What type of job have you got? How much money do you earn? Are you a virgin?" Each time I tried to answer her and slow her down, she just got faster and faster. "Are you a gender-bender, Darling? I hope you are! Why you wearing a yellow cardigan?" she paused, flashed her eye lashes at me and said "Would you consider going out with another woman...an older woman?" She laughed out loud.

Emily appeared in the doorway with 3 mugs of coffee. "Mum, behave...stop winding Pete up...he will run out the door! Leave him alone!"

The effect was strange on the Mum; she stood up and just walked off in silence leaving Pete sitting on the large, leather 3-seater sofa. Emily smiled as her Mum walked past her in silence. "Sorry Pete, she gets lonely! Since Dad died, it's left a big gap in her life...sometimes she has a drink and remembers the good old days when she was treated like a Queen! She's not always like this, don't worry!" Emily walked over to the coffee table and put the tray down and passed me a coffee. I didn't know what to say so I smiled.

Emily's Mum appeared again in the doorway with a makeup bag and a photo album under her arm. "Can I have her when you're finished with her, M?"

Emily squirmed "Mum...stop it! Either go to bed or be quiet!"

She walked past Emily and sat right next to me, "OK...I will sit next to Pete! You don't mind do you, Pete? You can help me, can't you? I know you want to...you will help Mummy, won't you?"

"Sorry Pete, she's playing games! She's teasing you, aren't you Mum?"

An eerie silence fell in the room; it seemed to make everything feel very awkward. "What do you need me to do, Josephine?" I said.

"I love him, Emily! Do you love my daughter? I love her very much! She is so pretty, isn't she? OK Darling, help me paint my nails! What colour do you think? Girly pink? Emmm... girly pink...in fact I think it's your colour, Darling...it would look really good on you! What do you think, Emily? Girly pink nails for Pete?"

Emily was getting angry; I could see a straight pissed off face staring at her Mum. "Mum, you can do his nails another night...not tonight! It's our first night out Mum...he's going to think you're mad!"

I looked at Josephine; she seemed to be upset, I could see her eyes going glassy. I could also smell whiskey on her breath.

"Has Emily told you about her Dad, Tom? He was my world, alongside Emily! Look...here he is!"

She opened up the photo album and started to show me photos of all of them. I don't know why, but it was really nice - pictures of Emily at school and at Christmas when she was younger, family holidays, they were happy photos of happy people. We sat there laughing for probably thirty minutes. It was strange, but the simple photo album seemed to break the ice between all of us. I didn't notice, but Emily had come over to look at the photos and was sitting on the arm rest right next to me, she had her arm round me. She really was stunning.

Josephine went quiet "Oh look, Em...look at Daddy! Look at how thin he was?"

The pictures and the mood changed, the photo just looked miserable it was a man who had clearly lost weight! He was wearing clothes that were too big for him.

"He lost weight and was really sad, wasn't he Em? It all happened so quick, didn't it?"

The picture was really sad. I looked at both of them; they were quiet, the fun and the laughter we had had suddenly stopped.

"This was the last picture of Daddy, wasn't it? It all happened so fast, didn't it Em? He got a cough...it got worse...next thing he was in hospital...he just went downhill so quick. I remember the phone call in my salon...I just knew it was bad! I got the bus to the hospital and asked the girls to try to contact Emily for me! I knew I had to go to the hospital! When I got there, I ran onto the ward...I remember shouting "Tom, Tom!" One of the nurses grabbed my arm and took me to a private room where Tom was sitting in bed...I could hardly see him because of the tears! The room was so bare...just my Tommy, a cabinet, and the bed that he was sitting in. I ran over to him and hugged him so hard...he held me, but was so weak, I could hardly feel him! He looked up at me and said "I need a whiskey, Jo...get me a whiskey!" Typical bloody East End theory...get a whiskey...that will solve it! I looked at the nurse, she went out the room. I held my Tom so tight and could hear his shallow breathing on my neck. I lay in bed sometimes and remember that moment, that closeness of Tom breathing on my neck. I remember the nurse walked over and handed me a glass of whiskey for Tom. "Just the one, Jo...it won't kill me, will it?" He laughed "Mmm..." said Tom "...fucking needed that!" then he started to cough. I leaned forward to my Tom and rubbed his back, he looked up and smiled and said "You have my instructions don't you, the nurse has got a letter for you to read he said. "You do know I'm not gay, don't you?" God, I always remember him saying that, bless him! We both burst out laughing! I remember it was so funny! I said to Tom "Don't worry...I'm bisexual!" it made us both laugh.

Tom looked at me and said "Do you know how much I love you, Jo? I'm sorry I was away sometimes...I always got caught, didn't I?" We both laughed when he said that, I remember those kind loving words. He was so handsome, and now everything had been taken away from him. I couldn't see him for the tears in my eyes. "Get into bed, Darling...I'm cold!" I took my shoes off, pulled the covers down and got into bed with my Tommy. "Mmm, that's nice, Darling...thank you! Hold me please?" I remember holding the skeleton of Tommy in my arms. Tom started to breathe heavily and said "I love you so much, Jo!" I held him close and told him I loved him too. We laid in the bed in silence in each other's arms. God, I remember suddenly waking up in the bed...I looked up and saw the nurse in the room...she was crying. "He's gone, Jo...I'm so sorry, he's gone!" I realised where I was. I looked over at my Tommy's lifeless body; she was right, he was gone! It wasn't my Tommy lying next to me...my beautiful Tommy had gone. I remember the nurse...she was so sweet...we cried in each other's arms. She said that she would look after my Tommy now! I got out the bed and kissed him on the head!"

Jo stood up and went to the fireplace, took a picture frame off the wall and handed it to me. "Please read this, Pete! Read it out loud so we can both hear you!"

I looked at the picture frame, inside was a hand-written note which said the following.

If I should die today

It would never be goodbye,

For I have left my heart with you,

So, don't you ever cry

The love that's deep within me,

Shall reach you from the stars,

You'll feel it from the heavens,

And I promise it will heal the scars.

When tomorrow starts without me, and I am not here for you-

feel how much you love me as much as I love you-

And each time you think of me I know you'll miss me too

So, when tomorrow starts, don't think that we're apart-

For everytime, you think of me... I'm right here in your heart.

I looked up at Emily and Josephine; the tears were streaming down their faces. I walked over to Emily; she grabbed me tight and began to sob on my shoulder. Josephine stood up, put her hand on my head, kissed my hair and said "I hope we see you again, Pete!"

Emily seemed to hold me forever, "Are you going to see me again, Pete?"

I looked into her eyes and said "Em, I couldn't be more happier to see you again! Yes Em...I would love to see you again!"

"I should go and see Mum!"

Manndee
Manndee
119 Followers
12