My Mate Pt. 02

Story Info
Rejection and new resolutions.
4.5k words
4.62
16.9k
37

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/27/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello, this is my second chapter. Thank you for the comments and for following me. I hope you like the development of the story, though it is still in progress and you will have to wait for the hot parts. But, don't worry, good thing come to those who wait.

Jenny XXX

*****

Jenna

The night was chilly and silent. The stables were a large complex of wood structures that had space for at least more than 200 horses. I tended most of them. My tasks were from bathing to feeding them. Perhaps, it was a menial task, because it was something the help would do, but I loved it. Tending horses was an activity that I looked forward to doing every day. These powerful animals were beautiful and lovely. Tonight, I was feeding Thunder. He was a special property of the Wolf's. Its dark mane of hair was shiny and he had a white spot between his eyes. He loved carrots and I was more than happy to pamper him.

By the time I was almost finished feeding Thunder, I was deep in thought about the opportunity Mrs. Harvey and Mrs. Wolf had presented to me today. They asked me to teach at the school. As the children loved my presentation, they thought it was convenient for me to be part of their education. Besides, I was almost an adult and by my behavior among the pack, I had already proved I was neither a trouble maker nor a threat. I always respected their laws, and above all, minded my own business.

My thorough meditation was interrupted when the door was opened. It was Lucas. He was silent and was walking at a super-fast pace towards me. His eyes were a magnificent shade of blue. I didn't understand it, but they seem to shine. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and his chest was covered in a thin layer of sweat. His thick dark brown hair was wilder than normal. How could he, if it was very cold outside? Once he was at a five foot distance from me, it was possible for me to see his expression clearly. His face was flushed and his nose moved, it seemed like he was testing the air around him, the pupils of his eyes were dilated and he was breathing hard. Every breath he took made his muscular defined chest more difficult to ignore. I didn't know what to make of this weird moment and tried not to look at him. One moment passed, and we were silent, his eyes looking at me restlessly. What was his problem? His hands were rolled into fists, making his knuckles white.

I knew a lot about pack law, now, about their behavior, it was the opposite. Uncomfortable and completely nervous, I said the first thoughtless thing that came to my mind:

"What do you want Lucas?"

----

Lucas

What do I want? She shouldn't have asked that question. My mind was everywhere and here at the same time. My wolf wanted to take over me and claim her at this precise moment. What do I want? I want to show you who you are to me, you are mine, and you are the void that is missing in my heart. Though, none of that crossed my lips. I knew better. How could she be my mate? A human. I was the next Alpha in line, there certainly was a mistake. We were never meant to mix. She was inappropriate on so many levels.

We have learned that humans are impossible to trust. Our history dealing with them has been stained by envy, treason and violence. A long time ago, they chased us almost to our extinction. Apart from that, they were unable to understand what the mating bond meant. Finding a mate for us was the most expected moment because our whole existence was completed. They could never understand what unfaithfulness or divorce could do to us. Their tendency to replace cruelly people from their life, wasn't something we accepted.

But my wolf was in charge in this moment. I couldn't control smelling the air to find her sweet scent: chocolate, strawberry and cinnamon. It had my wolf hungry for a delicious morsel. Her heart was beating fast. Maybe, she had never been so close to me before, or maybe she was afraid. My hands wanted to touch her porcelain skin. Her body was tiny, compared to mine. She was just 5'3 girl, but her body had the curves of woman. Her chest ripe and handful. My hands were eager to know if she liked me to touch her there, her tiny waist or her round hips. My wolf was salivating at the sight of her. Jenna's face was one of an angel. Her eyes reminded me the color of the forest during spring and her lips were full and pink.

Her attitude always stirred something in me. I was used to having things done my way, but Jenna always defied me and I am always game for a challenge.

"Who said I want something from you? Do you have something to give me little human?"

I chuckled as I knew she hated to be called like that.

"Would you stop doing that? As far as I know we are both 18. I am human, but it doesn't mean I could never beat you or any of your friends."

"Is that so? Why don't you try to attack me? Let's see what such a tiny little thing like you can do."

Jenna's cheeks turned pink. She was flushed and affected by my presence, at that moment her scent was powerful, I could almost savor the sweetness of her blood.

"Let me go Lucas, I don't want any kind of problems. It wasn't my place to talk to you like that."

She looked sad and defeated. It made me feel like a jerk to see her this way.

----

Jenna

I didn't need this tonight. It wasn't fair that the only guy I was attracted to was a complete bully and someone so out of my league. I was hurt. Why did he always had to give me the "human" remark? I was tiny, but I wasn't weak. I didn't have an athletic complexion like most of them had, but I loved my body, and I knew I was beautiful. So, why did he always pick on me? His words affected me, hurt me to an entire different level. I could never explain why I was always eager to please him, to know that I had his attention, even when he was mean.

The space between us now was much reduced, I felt his body heat and the temperature in the stable had risen a lot. I wanted to go, scape from here to my safe place. When I looked up, he was looking intently at me. Blue against green, his eyes searching mine. I was sad, and I knew my eyes could tell what I felt. Nothing prepared me for what came next.

"Sorry", his voice was lower and full of sincerity.

Lucas continued whispering his apology, touching softly my left cheek. His index finger awaking my skin with warmth and tenderness. His eyes were hungry and were clouded with an unnamed emotion that I couldn't identify. Suddenly, I could sense his chest next to mine, he was deliciously invading my space. His mouth was over my face placing soft kisses in my cheeks and nose. I was perplexed. My body consumed by his proximity. I could hear his heart singing along with mine. I closed my eyes and surrendered to the enchanting taste of his lips when they got to mine. The kiss was slow, his lips soft and demanding. I could feel his hands in my waist and my right shoulder, getting my body to bend to his will, meanwhile his tongue asked for entrance in my mouth. I had never been kissed, but Lucas was showing me what to do, how to dance through this kiss with him. I tasted him, his scent was all male and earthy. It reminded me the smell of the ground when it rained. His lips conquering each part of my mouth. I felt myself relax in his arms and a delightful sound scape my mouth I didn't think I was capable of doing. His taste made me hungrier for him, taking as much as he gave, I kissed him with all I had. My hands going to his hair, wanting him closer.

Lucas, bit my lip softly, making our lips apart. Our foreheads rested together now. I felt out of oxygen. I opened my eyes to find his eyes locked to mine. In that moment I could see myself reflected in them. It was something completely new to me.

"Fuck, Jenna, your lips are the sweetest heaven I've tested", Lucas stated as our bodies parted.

My mind was foggy and for a few minutes neither of us said anything. Lucas gave me a shy smile that melted my heart. Sometime later, I realized what had happened minutes ago. With this kiss, we had trespassed the invisible barrier between our races. I went still and his arms were not surrounding me anymore. Along with his taste, something else came to my mouth. The flavor of ashes. Something sour and burnt that tasted badly.

Realization came to me like a flashlight. Lucas had had sex with someone and my heart knew it. This taste also made my heart rage with jealousy and bleed with desperation. Why had this made me feel like this?

"Did you sleep with someone?"

Lucas was surprised and apologetic at the same time. His eyes avoided mine for a moment.

---

Lucas

How do you explain your human (inappropriate, but insanely beautiful) mate that she was not meant to be mine? How do I tell her that I convinced myself that Camille was my mate because I never thought my wolf would pick up a human?

"This is as unexpected for me as it is for you Jenna. Do you know what happens when werewolves have sex for the first time?"

Her eyes grew bigger and her entire face turned a light shade of red. She gave little steps back from me, but the more she tried to escape, the more I walked towards her. When she was against the wall, I surrounded her with my arms above her head. My body was on fire, I wanted to explain everything to her. Jenna opened her cute pouty lips to answer me, but seemed to have trouble finding her words. Finally, she said, almost stuttering:

"N-no. How am I supposed to know?"

She looked at me annoyed, her eyes blazing. If I knew her better, I would say that she was angry because I was always telling her about our differences.

"You'll see, when we have sex for the first time, we have the chance to find our true mates. If she is among our pack, our wolf awakens and gets desperate to find her. I was certain Camille and I were true mates. We have been together for a year and the chemistry we shared was awesome. Imagine my surprise when it turns out, she is not mine and my wolf leads me here to find you. You are an unexpected surprise for me, Jenna. We are taught to never get comfortable among humans, never to trust them. What am I supposed to do now? By our laws, we are not enemies, but we aren't friends either. My heart wants to reach to you in every sense, however my mind is battling with my instincts. I am not rejecting our bond, but I am not accepting it either till I talk to my father. I need to know some answers."

Once I finished, I was breathing hard. My wolf cried loudly inside of me not to reject her, to love and cherish her. Frustration and anger were visible in her posture and face. Rising her hands to my chest and pushing me aside, she said:

"Wow, and am I supposed to be flattered that your beast chose me to be your mate? Sorry to tell you that even if we were not different, it doesn't change that I have a say in this bond, link, whatever you call it. I am human, but I have feelings. You have no right to give and take without consequences. I am not yours, Lucas. Reject me all you want, because I don't want you."

Jenna was angry, even sad, I could sense it in her scent.

"Did you feel my scent in our kiss? I felt yours. Did you feel the pull of your body to mine? I did. Did you feel how your heart beating at the same rhythm as mine? I did. I feel you now in every cell of my body now, Jenna." Turning to her moving figure, as she walked to the door, I continued, "I was taught you cannot feel what I do for you, it's not in your nature. How am I supposed to give myself to you like that? I need to know why it happened to me. I want to see if something can be done about this situation."

---

Jenna

I was a situation, one Lucas wanted to erase. I had enough. I walked outside the stables. I wanted to think it was a dream, a bad one, were the feeling of inadequacy could be over when I woke up. However, Lucas's judgment was hard. He didn't even bothered to ask me what I had felt. He never gave me the time to explain that I could feel all those things and more, that the fact that I was human didn't mean I had a dead heart. Our kiss, my first kiss was what I always wanted. I felt my heart, mind and soul join his in a delightful moment of pleasure. How could he think less of me?

When I got to my cabin, my sight was blurred with tears. I couldn't sleep. Sadness and anger took every space of my human heart. At a distance, I could listen the howl of a wolf. It was an anguished sound of sorrow and loneliness. I knew it was Lucas.

-----

Lucas's beast didn't get why he had rejected their mate. Enraged, it ran through the night recklessly, looking for the silence of the night. It was rare for a were to be in disagreement with his inner beast, but the prejudice Lucas felt was as strong as steel in his heart. Above all, his feelings were of fear. Lucas was afraid to give his heart to someone that couldn't understand the kind of devotion he has seen between his parents. His wolf called him a coward.

Tired of running all night, Lucas got to the Wolf manor at dawn. He knew it would be impossible for him to sleep. He wanted to talk to his father as soon as possible.

Stewart Wolf could feel something happening to his son last night. Through their family bond, he could feel his anguish, despair and agitation. So it was not a surprise when he found Lucas waiting for him at the feet of the stairs very early in the morning.

"You look tired, son. Why are you so disheveled in this early hours? I expected you to be in a different mood today. Weren't you with Camille last night?"

Hunching his shoulders, Lucas finally gave a long sigh, ready to explain what happened last night. Stewart didn't seem amazed Jenna was his son's mate. He already had sensed a weak link between them in the past, but now he was sure his instincts were right. It was easy for the Alpha to understand that conflict in his son. Lucas was aware of his responsibility as future Alpha, and wanted to do what was right. However, if his wolf had made its choice, he would have to accept his mate. It was a useless battle. There was their law, but it never was beyond the mate instinct. If Lucas wanted to be happy, he needed his half part, no one else could ever replace that person for him.

"What do you plan to do Luc? You know what Jenna means to you now. Have you asked her how she feels about it?"

"I don't know what to do dad. I think I'm not ready to accept her yet. She doesn't want me. Her words, not mine."

Giving a reassurance squeeze to his son's shoulder, Stewart said:

"Luc, don't let pride and fear make you walk away from happiness. The best memories of my life have been with your mom. I don't remember what my life was like before I found her. Spend time with Jenna. Teach her about you. Don't give her up even when you have just found her."

"Dad, mom and you are the same. You cannot compare the relationship you have with her to mine and Jenna's. I won't be able to share half my life with her being human. As her mate, I would need to be aware of her every time in every sense, but she won't need or feel the same. My body is going to be at her mercy all the time, missing her soft curves, yearning her touch almost to obsessive point. Though, for her it would never be like that. Besides, as future Alpha I need a strong woman by my side, someone who can understand our people. Humans are weak and, by our history, deceitful creatures. I'm not going to risk the future of the pack for this."

By the time Luca had finished speaking, his mother was by Stewart's side listening in silence. She couldn't believe that his son was rejecting his mate without giving her a chance.

"Luc, we taught you better than this. I cannot believe you are going to make both of you suffer because you won't be brave enough. You don't know Jenna, and you are taking for granted her feelings. If you think so highly of yourself just because she is human and you are a were, she is the one who should reject you, not the other way around."

"Give yourself time to think things Lucas. But mind it, your wolf is not in agreement with you attitude. Don't ignore it. That is not something you want to live with."

Lucas went upstairs to his wing, looking at his messy bed, he remembered that no more than a few hours ago he had everything planned for his future with Camille. Now, uncertainty was plaguing his destiny. Deciding to take his time, Luc sat on his bed. He wanted to talk to Camille, he wanted to make sure she wasn't telling others what happened, although Lucas was sure she was proud enough to be quiet about last night events.

---

Camille

I can't believe what I witnessed last night. After the best experience of my life, Lucas ran away from me. He couldn't even turn to see my tears or ask me how I felt. His wolf commanded him to run. At first, I didn't want to run after him. I was ashamed and humiliated, but I also knew that if he had run, it was because his mate was among our community. Who could that be? I was so sure we were meant to be together and now my instincts proved to be mistaken.

When my hesitation calmed a little bit, I took my clothes back and tracked Lucas scent. When I realized, I was near the stables. I didn't hear anything and thought my nose had taken me to a dead end. But then, I heard a female voice. A soft, very human voice. Oh.My.God. It was Jenna's voice! I got close enough to hear their conversation.

"Did you sleep with someone?"

"Duh. Obviously, me, little human." It was unacceptable. Lucas was there looking sad making excuses for having sex with me to this? I mean, I knew he wasn't mine the minute he left the room, but a human? How was he going to face his future with someone as weak as her? There must be something wrong with his wolf. My past feelings of humiliation were replaced with jealousy and anger. Jenna was an intruder in our pack. She should have never come here in the first place. Now, she was taking one of ours, the next Alpha in line, of all. How dare she!

I was aware that this was a private moment, but my curiosity got the best of me. I stood there watching as Luc rejected her. His objections made my heart feel elated. Her face was the one of a broken heart person, her eyes were about to burst with tears. "Believe me darling, I know how you feel." I thought in that moment. As Jenna ran away from the stables, I started my way to my house.

Today, Lucas would have some explaining to do.

---

Jenna

I looked terrible today. My face and hair were a mess, my body ached everywhere, my heart felt sad and heavy, and it hurts every time it beats. A sensation of loneliness and loss overwhelms me. Since I came to the pack, I was always aware I wasn't one of them because of their reservations against humans, I was fine. But now, the rejection I felt was unbearable. I never had expected to be given the precious gift of love, to have it ripped from me merely seconds after. I felt the mating bond the very second I picked Lucas's scent, his lips and body telling me I was his, that we belonged together. But Lucas didn't want me. He was disappointed I was his intended mate, I could see him in his eyes. That fact made me angry. I never asked him to choose me. It was not my fault his wolf or instincts had picked me. So despite my looks and feelings today, I would show him, I could care less about what he wanted to do. I was mature enough to take rejection well, even when my heart was broken.

Today Mrs. Harvey was waiting for me at the school to show me my room and the ropes of teaching young weres. I decided to wear an elegant and chic forest green lace hem dress with my favorite suede black high heel boots. There is nothing better like beautiful clothes and shoes to make a girl feel less heartbroken.

"Good morning Jenna. Glad to see you again", Said Mrs. Harvey when I got to her office. It was nice that she never made me feel inferior, her warm smile and affectionate tone was welcoming and friendly. Once sitting there, she presented me my schedule. She wanted me to teach 4 graders the ethics and society roles of wolves. It included pack manners, how to treat their elders with respect, manners at the table and all kind of etiquette rules they needed. Mrs. Harvey thought it was good to teach them how to treat humans properly, in that way prejudice could not be a trouble for future generations. I agreed to teach 3 times a week because I also wanted to learn more about art. Mr. Giroux, a French were, taught every Thursday night the contemporary art class. I had asked if I (being human) could attend. Mrs. Harvey agreed without hesitation.

12