My Mystery Mate Ch. 03-05

Story Info
On the Run.
5.2k words
4.8
26.2k
45

Part 2 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/12/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,294 Followers

For five days, Joe never left her side for more than a couple minutes. Since this was a Werewolf hospital, he stayed in her room. They had detachable rollaway bed extensions to allow mates to stay together, but still get access from both sides to the patient when required. He took his meals at the bedside table, but most of his time was spent in bed with her. Most of the damage was to her left side, so he stayed to the right.

Doc allowed this because experience showed that the presence of the mate improved vitals and healing rates. It also reduced stress for the healthy mate, who sometimes was more of a pain to deal with than the patient. They wanted, no they NEEDED to be together, that was part of what it meant to have a mate.

Wendy walked in, Joe barely stirring in the bed as he cuddled up to her side. Her trends were good, she thought; another day or two and it would be time to bring her out of the coma and solve the mystery of who she was. She had topped the charts simply with "Mrs. Joseph Miller."

In pencil.

She was finishing her look at the traces on the machines when Joe looked up at her. "Good, you're awake. Have you been doing the exercises I showed you for her?"

"Of course, Doc. Every four hours, I massage her, rotate her in the bed, and move her limbs to restore her range of motion. Now that the casts are off, the swelling is almost gone and I can feel that she is recovering." Doc nodded; even before a full mating, mates could sense pain in the other, even while sleeping. It was a defense mechanism Luna had built in to allow the other to feel and protect a mate in distress. "Any progress on who she is?"

"No, I talked to Alpha Merino earlier this morning. Our contacts in the FBI tell us that her fingerprints are not on file. We notified all Packs within 500 miles, but none have reported a missing woman. We even ran her photo against missing persons reports in three states and nationally, but no one matching her age and description has been reported. It's like she dropped out of the sky or something."

"Luna's got a sense of humor, I've found out. I went fishing hoping to catch a trophy and came home with my mate!" Doc laughed along, the change in Joe had been immediate. His spirit had returned to him, he was fun to be around again, even if he was completely focused on his new mate. The entire pack seemed to be in a better mood since he found her.

"She's going to be out for another day or two. You need to take a little time for yourself, Joe, and let your wolf out. I can tell he needs it."

"I can't leave her alone, Doc."

"She won't be alone. I'll be here with her, and Maria is coming over this afternoon as well. Why don't you grab Richard and go out hunting? You can't tell me that some fresh kill wouldn't settle your beast." She could almost see the thought bubbles over his head as he talked with his wolf. In the end, his wolf's need to get out won over his need to stay close, only because he trusted Wendy with his life.

"OK, he's going to be here in a few minutes. You want us to bring you something back?"

"No, I'm good, I've got leftovers in my fridge. Take your time, get a good run in, it will help you settle down."

He got up, clad only in boxer shorts, and gave her a hug. "Take care of my love, we'll be back after dinner." He headed out just as Richard came in to give his mate a lingering kiss. "Come on, Richard, let's find some deer." They stepped out of the hospital, tossing aside their clothes and shifting smoothly into their wolf form. Joe let out a howl, celebrating the start of the hunt, and then they ran off into the nearby canyons and grasslands to start the hunt.

Five hours later the two returned, each carrying the haunch and rear leg of a large buck in their mouth. After checking again with Wendy, they carried the portions to the main hall where they were soon surrounded by a dozen hungry juvenile wolves. Leaving the portions in the grass, they watched in amusement as the young ones tore into the still warm meat and ate their fill.

"It's like a school of piranhas, isn't it?" They had been so focused on the children they didn't notice Alpha Merino had come up behind them. Nodding in respect, they laughed as two six year old girls fought over a leg bone. "You guys should go clean up. I got a call from the Alpha of the Telluride pack, they may know who your mate is, but they have to see her in person. They are coming in a few hours, so be ready to meet them."

"Yes Alpha, we will be ready. I'll wait with my mate until you call for me." Joe turned around and headed for the hospital, he used the shower in her room and Richard had brought a bag full of clothes from his room a few days ago. He had no plans to return to his room until he was carrying his mate into his bed.

A few hours later, Joe was sitting up in the bed with his mate laying back on his chest and sitting between his legs. This "conversation time" helped to reduce the chance of her getting bedsores, but it helped him at least as much. It settled his wolf to have her in his arms, the tingles between their bare skin both excited and comforted him. He rested her head against his shoulder, her nose close to his neck where she could get his scent. "I've been thinking about our home, love. I found a spot to build it, far enough from the Pack house to have some privacy but close enough to stay involved. It's on a hill, overlooking a small pond that has ducks and geese in it. I don't know what kind of house you want, but I want a big porch area, with a swing by the front door. I want to rock back and forth with you while we watch out grandchildren play in the yard, while our music plays through the open window. I'll hold you against me and tell you how much I love you, and how lucky I am to have you. I love you, my"

"JOE, GET YOUR MATE AND MEET ME OUTSIDE NOW. THEY ARE COMING TO KILL HER." He could tell the panic in Richard's voice. Jumping into action, he unhooked and turned off the monitors and the IV lines. Wrapping her in the blanket, he carefully picked her up and walked through the hospital and out the front door just as Richard was pulling up in his Expedition. "Get her in the back and buckle up, we've got to move."

"What's going on, why the rush?" Joe laid her on the back seat, using the available belts to secure her so she wouldn't roll off. He carefully moved into the front seat and buckled up as Richard left the compound area, his lights still off and as quietly as he could.

"The guys who came here from the Telluride pack aren't here to find a missing person. They want her dead. I know the leader, you don't send your expert interrogator and torturer on a missing person case. Something's fishy." Richard was focused on the road, they were pushing eighty miles an hour on the back road and they hadn't even hit pavement yet.

"I'm sure Alpha Merino will protect her, she's my mate after all." He looked back at her with concern, what the hell had she done to get a hit squad sent after her?

"Wendy was in the next room, she had the photos and medical records. They didn't care, they verified by smell she is here. They will force Alpha Merino to give her up. When I left she said he was on the phone to the Alpha Council and it isn't going well. I couldn't take the chance, I owe you my life and I won't stand by and watch them kill her, I don't care if she did that or not. That's why we have to get out of here. If I don't get outside the range of his Alpha command before he realizes we are gone, he'll order me back."

"I won't go, I'd sooner leave than give up my mate." Joe was fisting his hands, his wolf wanted out, the threat to his mate forcing his wolf forward in his mind.

"I know, but MY mate is back there with him. If between her and the Alpha she can delay them for ten more minutes we have a chance." Richard started braking hard, they made the turn onto the main road and he gunned the engine again. Soon they were running just under the hundred mile an hour, bumping up to the governor limit of the big SUV.

"Why do they want her, and why won't Alpha Merino stop them?"

"He can't, not for this. They say she snuck into their Pack house last week and poisoned their Alpha Female. They chased her but she fell into the river and when they didn't find the body, they started looking. When they heard we found a woman, they sent the men down here. They have her backpack, Joe. It's her scent. Your mate is a killer."

Joe looked out the window. He was afraid for the first time in his life- afraid for his mate, afraid for his life, afraid of his Pack and his Alpha. By now they most certainly had discovered she was gone and who had taken her.

Most likely, he could never go back. Everything he knew, everyone he cared for, all gone unless they turned around and gave her over. Then, maybe he would be punished and forgiven, but he'd still have his home and his Pack. Now? He was a rogue, loose and wandering, and a target for any Pack wolf he came across.

Yet, there was no way in HELL he was losing his mate. To hell with the Telluride pack, to hell with his Alpha, to hell with the Council. He'd gotten a second chance and by Luna he wouldn't survive another loss. He unbuckled the seat belt and moved back to his mate. She was still out, her breathing steady and her heartbeat strong by now. He knew the drugs that had been keeping her in the coma would wear off, probably in the next twelve hours. His wolf was going nuts, they were on the run, passing through other Pack territories and his mate wasn't even tied to him.

Luna forgive him because she might never. Doing this without consent was frowned upon, it was not just LIKE forcing yourself on someone, you really were. He felt his canines push through as he partially shifted his jaws, then he lunged forward and bit her at the junction of her neck and shoulder. His wolf howled in glee as his razor sharp teeth punched through her skin. He tasted her blood on his tongue, the coppery taste sweeter than anything. He would have kept his teeth in longer, tearing slightly back and forth to ensure it scarred well, except for what she did.

His mate cried out, her eyes opening for a moment before she fell quickly back into a deep sleep.

"What the FUCK did you just do, Joe?" Richard was looking in the mirror at the bloody shoulder. "You marked her?"

Joe nodded. "I had to. My wolf has been going crazy, and he wouldn't go another moment without it. He's already freaking out from the danger to her. He- heck, I- want to be bonded to her so we can help protect her." He reached up to his right shoulder, he could feel sharp pains there, proof of the bond that now existed since he could feel her pain. When the headache came, he began to wonder if it was a good idea. He raised his hands to his head and clenched his jaw against the pressure, it felt like his head was going to explode.

"You all right, Joe?" Richard looked back at him, worry on his face. "You don't look so good. I have some Advil up here in the glove box, why don't you take a couple of them." Joe sat down and buckled up, then reached in and fetched four pills and swallowed them down with some water from a bottle in the cup holder. "I'm all right, I'm pretty sure it's not me, I'm feeling her pain now. She's so beat up, Richard... I'm glad she's slept through it."

"Yeah, but what was with that scream? Did you bite her that hard?"

"I don't know. It was probably just a matter of the bond forming, it pushed her consciousness forward just for a moment. Let me rest for a while, maybe I can get this headache to go away."

"Yeah, well, you just wait until she wakes up and figures out what you did to her. You might have to run to the Telluride pack for sanctuary." He laughed as Joe grimaced at him, another shot of pain going through his head. "It serves you right, you just couldn't wait until she woke up, could you?"

"Nope." He looked out at the road, they were heading west along back roads and were definitely out of El Paso pack territory. "Where are we going, Richard?"

"Well, it's like this, Joe. The Lone Ranger and Tonto were riding along through a desert canyon when suddenly Indian Warriors appear on the cliffs above. The Lone Ranger looks over and says, 'Tonto, looks like we are in trouble.' Tonto looks up, looks back at him and says, 'What's this WE shit, white man?'" Richard looked into his eyes. "WE aren't going anywhere." Richard pulled over to the side of the road and turned the truck off. Grabbing some silver laced rope they used for rogues, he jumped out and went in front of the truck where the headlights illuminated him. "Take this and tie my arms behind my back."

"That's silver, Richard, that's going to eat away at your wrists!"

"No shit. Just do it, Joe, we don't have much time." A minute later his arms were securely tied behind his back, and he could already smell the silver burning his skin. "There's about twenty grand in cash in the center console, it's yours. Consider it a mating gift from Wendy and I. Get out of here, ditch my truck where it will get back to me eventually, then go someplace no one will ever find you."

"I can't leave you out here like this, Richard."

"You have to. I'll tell them you forced me to drive you out and stole my truck. You had a Glock filled with silver tipped bullets and I had no choice. If I don't get questioned too hard directly by the Alpha, I might get away with it. Just fucking do it, Joe. Get out of here and make a life for you two."

"All right. I owe you, buddy."

"You don't owe me anything, we're even now." Joe hugged him before turning around. "Wait, Joe... knock me out."

"What?"

"It'll give you more time, if the Alpha is in range and he calls me I'll have to respond. Just don't bust my teeth out." Joe walked up and Richard closed his eyes and stuck his chin out. Taking both hands together, Joe swung them up and away and caught him right on the underside of his jaw. Richard flew up and back several feet before landing bonelessly on the sand shoulder. Joe walked over, checking his pulse to make sure he was all right, then turned and walked into the truck.

He pulled back onto the road and kept it floored until he was on the governor again. As he drove, he thought about where he could go. It had to be somewhere with no pack around, which meant no mountains or woods or wilderness area. Someplace so boring and out of the way that no one would ever think of going there, a place he could nurse his mate back to health.

Pulling into a scenic overlook, he leaned over and checked the glove compartment. He found a regional map, and having decided the Great Plains met his criteria, he looked for the center of nowhere. His finger tapped a small town deep in corn country. "Superior, Nebraska, here we come." He traced how to get there, he had to avoid the interstates and stick to the back roads. He also had to dump this car. Sooner or later, they would find a way to track it down; vehicles these days had GPS and cellular connections, and he couldn't risk staying here much longer. Nothing would be open this late, so when he passed an old Ford Explorer for sale at the end of a country driveway, he pulled around and drove in. It was late, but the light was still on. He walked up to the door, the motion sensor turned on and a forty-something Hispanic man opened the door, his wife behind him. "I'm here about the Ford?"

"Well, let's go down and take a look at her, then." The man grabbed the keys by the door and walked out with him. Along the way he got the story, it was high mileage but ran well. A short test drive and negotiation later, and a stack of hundreds was in the man's hand and he had the title.

"Could I ask you to do something for me? I borrowed this truck from my buddy in El Paso, and my wife got sick and I have to head out of town. Can you take it down to the city and park it at the UTEP student union? Just lock the keys in it and he'll use his spare set to get in. I'll pay you for your time, it will save me all kinds of time if I don't need to drive back there."

"You mean in the morning, right?"

"No, right now. He's got to be able to use it in the morning when he gets back from his buddy's house."

The man considered, then after agreeing on an extra $200 shook on it. "Come on, I'll give you a ride back." Joe was back on the road, now with an vehicle that couldn't be tracked. "Superior, Nebraska... the most nowhere place in America, I hope." He drove through the night, each mile putting him farther away from all those who wanted to hurt his mate.

It was the truck honking that woke her up.

She opened her eyes, blinking several times to clear them while she used the rest of her senses to figure out where she was. She looked up, a stained ceiling was above her. She could smell the mildew and disinfectant in the room, along with a strong smell of a werewolf. Slowly turning her head on the pillow in the direction the bed was sinking, she saw a man asleep on his stomach, his arms under the pillow. She raised her head and looked down his body, he was naked except for a pair of plaid boxers.

"He's cute, do we get to have fun with him?" The voice in her head jolted her awake, and her cat continued to look at him appreciatively. "I... I don't know. Who is he? Where are we?" She sat up, looking around the hotel room, and nothing made sense. She looked again at the sleeping man, he hadn't stirred. The clock by the bed showed 10:42, and by the bright sunlight through the curtains it must be late morning. She looked down, he was in a thin gown that was tied at the back, and as she looked she noted she was not wearing underwear.

"First things first," she thought, "I'm hungry and thirsty." She stood up, her muscles were sore and she almost fell. She had to concentrate to move, and she slowly walked over to the sink area and unwrapped one of the plastic cups. She drank four glasses before stopping.

Looking around, she didn't see her clothes. Heck, she didn't even see his clothes, or a bag. "I suppose you decided to have a dog scratch your itch, you shameless cat." Her cat stretched in her mind. "I don't remember, but I wouldn't mind scratching him now. Look at those muscles, this wolf is RIPPED. I bet he knows how to use all that too..." She chuckled as she moved into the bathroom, she felt grungy and a quick shower would help. Tossing the gown over her head, she quickly washed her body and hair and dried off in front of the mirror.

"Who are you?" She looked at herself in the mirror, her face scrunching as she tried to cut through the fog. She looked at her face; she had to look hard to see the beauty over all the damage. She had been shaved on the side of her head, and the stitches and scars covered a large area above her ear. Her face still showed some bruising, especially around her nose and cheek. Looking downward, she could see scars still fading along with the evidence of deep bruises on her side. She poked her ribs where the bruises were worst, and could feel that the breaks hadn't fully healed yet. Her ankle was still a little swollen and the bruising went halfway up her calf. In short, she was a mess. She wrapped herself in the cheap white towel and walked back out.

She didn't see anything to change into except the shorts and T-shirt tossed on the chair by the bed. They stank of him. She walked over to the bed, kneeling down where she could see his face and tried to figure out who he was. "Hey... wake up." She tried tapping his arm, then pushing him on his heavily muscled shoulder, but he just grunted, turned his head and started snoring. Her stomach picked that moment to growl.

"Fine... I'll get my own breakfast." She pulled on the shorts, the waist was way too big so she cinched the belt up until they wouldn't fall off. The T-shirt came down to mid-thigh on her, so it wouldn't be obvious. Looking through the stuff on the dresser, she pocketed the car and room keys. She opened the wallet, pulling out a Texas driver's license. "Joseph Andrew Miller, El Paso." She noted he was 28 years old. She put it back and looked through, there were a couple credit cards but no photos. She took the cash out- it was a couple hundred- and slipped it into her pocket. She quietly slipped out of the room, and he didn't move as she left.

partwolf
partwolf
2,294 Followers
12