My Sweet Little Angel Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nick took out his wallet and fished out a card.

The cop glanced at it. 'Queen Computers? You work in the office where our systems come from?'

Nick nodded.

The cop studied Nick for a minute. 'I heard that you are a Karate black belt? Like your buddy, Matthew.'

Nick nodded again.

'No wonder. Nice work,' the cop said. 'And you didn't hear me say that. I will be in contact if I have more questions.' He walked out, shaking his head.

'Questions. They always have questions, always need more evidence.' The doctor scowled and raised his voice. 'Margaret, bring me the camera.'

The nurse popped in a second later.

'Stay here as a witness, Margaret,' he said. 'Let's go ahead and document this clearly, just in case there's any question down the road.' The doctor's face was grim. He snapped pictures of Fiona's back, then taped up the whip marks and sewed up the ones too deep to butterfly or glue shut. More pictures on her front, and he sewed up the slice across her stomach. His exam was thorough, and he took a picture of every scar, from her hands down to her leg.

Through it all, Nick sat quietly, holding her hand, and murmuring when something hurt.

As the doctor wrapped her wrists with gauze, Matthew walked into the cubicle.

'What is this, Grand Central Station?' the doctor snapped. 'Who the hell are you?'

Fiona actually giggled. 'It's all right. He's the other one who saved me.'

'Well, fine then,' the doctor grumbled. He shook hands with Matt, then grinned and looked from him to Nick. 'Good job, guys, and I don't care who hears me say it.'

Nick barked a laugh.

'Now then, I am releasing you. Come back here or see your doctor if there's any sign of infection. I will give you a prescription for pain...'

'I don't want one,' she interrupted. 'I won't take them.'

'Ah. All right.' He rubbed his chin. 'Tylenol or ibuprofen. Avoid aspirin for a couple of days. The nurse will be in to get you unhooked from the IV and give you instructions about the stitches.'

Shooed out by the nurse, the men waited in the parking lot for her. When the nurse wheeled her out, they helped her into Nick's car.

'Are you all right, Fiona?' Matt asked as he took the seat belt from her and fastened it.

Her friend count was low, she thought but Matt and Lisa never made her feel so. She smiled at him. 'I am very much all right. I feel like I have been caught in a blackberry tangle, and someone just cut me free.' Her eyes filled with tears as she whispered, 'Thank you so much.'

He actually grinned. 'No problem, although Nick had all the fun. Now go home and work on healing.' He patted her shoulder. 'You can expect to see Lisa soon.'

As the car started, he glanced at Nick. 'Are you taking her to our apartment or...'

'She will be at her house,' Nick said flatly. 'I will look after her.'

'Excellent.' Matt nodded and closed her door.

'Nick...' Fiona started. He shouldn't have to take care of her. 'I can go to Lisa's ...'

'Don't bother to argue. We are both going to have nightmares. You will be in my bed and in my arms when that happens.'

Nightmares. He was going to have nightmares? Oh, God, he had killed a man for her. She took his hand. 'You killed him. I am sorry, so, so sorry.'

He looked at her blankly before snorting. 'I don't have nightmares from killing cockroaches, sugar. But knowing he had you...hearing you scream...seeing you all bloody? Now that's going to bother me for a long time. And you are going to have to stay with me till it doesn't.'

'All right.' She couldn't think of anywhere else she would rather be. It seemed wrong to hope he would have nightmares for at least three or four days, but...

He put the car into gear. 'I figure in a year or two, I might be okay.'

***

'What did you just say?' asked Nick, trying to hang onto temper as he stared at Fiona.

'I want you to move back into your apartment.' She took a step back, then crossed her arms and raised her chin.

It had only been a couple of weeks since he had brought her home from the hospital. It pleased him to see that her body was healing and she was getting back to normal. But what she just said was too hard for him to process. Don't get angry. Don't shout. 'Why the hell do you want me to go back?' He winced at the snap in his voice.

She bit her lip, then stepped forward and wrapped her arms around him.

He held her close and rested his chin on top of her head. Did he look like he needed a hug? 'Okay, baby. Tell me what's wrong.'

Her arms tightened. 'I need to know that I will be able to live on my own. I... I love being with you, and I don't want you to go. But you have to. It doesn't make sense to stay with you, just because I am scared to be alone.'

'I understand, doll. But till how long?' he asked as he pulled her apart. He knew the "face-your-fears" technique. He cupped her face and dropped a kiss on her forehead. 'How long should I bear this punishment?'

'I don't know,' she said and looked away. 'I will let you know whenever I am ready.' Her voice shook as she spoke the last few words.

She turned around and was about to talk away, when Nick pulled her back and she landed against his chest. Wrapping his arm around her waist, he held her close.

'Look at me, sweetie,' he said softly, forcing her to raise her chin and look at him.

Her eyes shined with unshed tears and he knew that she was on the verge on crying. She tried to lower her face but he held her chin, not allowing her to get away from his scrutinizing gaze.

'Look at yourself, Fi. You are ready to cry,' he whispered and dropped a kiss on each of her eyes. 'Are you sure you really want to do this?' he asked.

She nodded and offered him a wry smile.

'Okay, Fi. I won't stop you. Let me grab a few of my things and I will be gone,' he said and with a final squeeze, walked towards the bedroom to collect all that he needed.

***

'Hey, Fi. What's up?' he asked, as soon as Fiona's name flashed on his phone.

'Where are you?' she asked, relieved to hear his voice.

It had been a week since she had been living all by herself. Nick had called her up every evening just to check on her and make sure that she took her meals and her medication. But he had stopped spending the evenings with her. And after months of staying with him, it was too difficult on her part to stay alone. She craved for his presence, everyday and as the week progressed, her need intensified. She couldn't sleep alone in her bed anymore. She missed being in his arms, hearing his heart beat and knowing that she was at home with him. She stared at the ring which he had given her. After the stunt with Robert, Nick had made her wear his ring as soon as they were back from the hospital. And she had loved the weight of it. The ring spoke about the fact that she was his. If only she hadn't asked him to leave...

'What's wrong, doll?' he asked, sensing the sadness in her voice. 'Shall I come over?'

'Yes, I would love that,' she said, her heart whooping with joy and then she realized that maybe he had some prior appointments. 'I mean ...' she faltered searching for words, '... if you are not busy...'

'I will be there in a bit, sweetie. Do you want me to pick up something for dinner?' he asked, checking the time.

'No, don't,' she replied hastily. 'I will cook something for both of us. Okay?'

'As you wish, Fi. So, I will be there and don't overdo anything. Till then, take care.' With that the line went dead.

She shut the phone and walked into the kitchen to cook his favorites. The past week had been enough to make her realize that without Nick, life had no meaning at all. And moreover, she had to apologize to her guy for forcing him to move out of, what he had considered, his home.

***

Nick looked down at Fiona. She looked so peaceful in her sleep. It had been an hour or so since she had been sleeping. He had spent the past hour relishing the feeling of being with her. Dinner was fun with the both of them sharing everything that had taken place within the last week. It just felt like the olden days when he used to spend his evenings at her place. He had cracked some stupid jokes about his work, making her smile. She expected him to be upset with her but that wasn't true. Nick was everything but not upset with her. Knowing that it was close to midnight, he hauled her into his arms and carried her into the bedroom. Placing her on the bed, he drew the covers till her chin. He took her wrists into his and brushed his lips faintly against the healing flesh. It hurt to see her all wounded. If only he hadn't left her alone that fateful day... Letting out a sigh, he laid down her wrist and dropped a kiss on her forehead.

'Good night,' he whispered softly and was about to leave, when he felt her stir and clutch his hand into hers.

'Nick?' she mumbled and he stroked her hair, forcing her to open her eyes and look at him with sleep laden eyes.

'I am here, Fi,' he answered.

'Where will you sleep?' she asked groggily.

'I will take the couch in the living room,' he answered and ruffled her hair. 'Go to sleep, doll. Just holler if you need anything. Okay?'

'Will you sleep with me?' she asked and drew back the covers. She looked at him with an anticipated gaze, her teeth biting her lower lip nervously.

'Are you sure, Fi? Because I can't keep my hands off you if I... Hell...' He cursed and lowered himself onto the bed and took her mouth for a scorching kiss.

'I missed you,' she admitted and wrapped her arm around him, pulling him down.

'I missed you too, sweetie,' he said, lying down on the bed. He turned towards her and ran his hand over her back. 'How are you? Does anything still hurt?'

She shook her head and answered, 'I am fine. It's just that the scars are too ghastly.'

'It will take a few more weeks, Fi. Don't worry about them,' he said and pulled her into his side but she rose on her elbows and looked down at him.

'I am sorry for whatever happened last week. Come back home, please Nick,' she said, running a finger over his soft lips. 'I know that you hate me for ...'

He silenced her with his finger. 'I don't hate you, Fi. I understood what you wanted. And I was happy to know that you wanted to fight. But do you really want me to come back here? I don't mind ...'

'I mind, alright,' she said and dropped a kiss on his cheek. 'The past seven days have made me realize that I can live alone but I can't live without you,' she admitted and looked away.

'As you wish, Fi. I will be more than happy to move back, doll. Now, be a good girl and smile,' he said, stroking her back.

Then suddenly she remembered what she had actually planned to do ...

'I want to wear something for you. Tell me if you don't like it,' she said, hopping down from the bed and dashing into the bathroom even before he could reply.

Whatever she was going to wear, he knew that it would be no short of a torture for him. With a sigh, he pulled the covers up and looked towards the ceiling. He still needed to give her the necklace. It had been a good thing that he had brought it along with him. Tonight, he thought and nodded. The bathroom door jingled open breaking his thoughts. He turned towards the door and the sight before his eyes took his breath away.

Clad in a skimpy, lacy, see-through black negligee, Fiona looked like a model as she leaned against the frame. The dim light from the washroom cast a faint glow over her, making her look angelic. The more he kept looking at her, the more she fidgeted.

'Come here,' he said finally, patting the empty space on the bed beside him.

She walked seductively and he could see the perfect way in which the material cupped her body. Knowing that she was bent on torturing him, he caught her hand and pulled her towards the bed. She landed against his chest, her mouth inches away from his.

'You do know how to torture me, don't you?' he asked before capturing her mouth for a kiss.

She moaned as soon as his lips touched hers. She ran her hand through his hair, as he intensified the kiss. His lips travelled a path across her jaw. His hands cupped her breasts through the material of the negligee. His thumb found the nipple and flicked it, making her shiver. He lowered the straps and peppered a line of kisses across her milky white shoulders. But before he could do proceed further, she rolled him onto his back and cupped his face. Running her fingers over his stubble, she dropped a kiss on his lips and then slightly bit the skin of his jaw, leaving her mark. Undoing the buttons of his shirt, one at a time, she kissed each and every bit of his delectable body. By the time his shirt was unbuttoned, there wasn't a single place on his chest, where she hadn't kissed.

He raised his arms as she pulled his shirt away from his body. Wetting a finger, she circled his nipple with it. He groaned as she bent and took one of his nipples into her mouth. Sucking, biting and nipping, she played with it, making him clutch the sheets.

'Fi, please...,' he groaned as her hands reached his jeans. She ran a finger above the waistband of her jeans. With an innocent smile, she lowered the zipper and snaked her hand inside, cupping his cock. Nick moaned as she gave it a couple of firm strokes, making it swell and grow. Releasing his cock from her hold, she reached the hem of her negligee and pulled it over her head. Her breasts swayed and he raised his hands to cup them. But Fiona slapped his hands away and moved them towards the headboard.

'Don't move your hands,' she ordered sharply and went back to work on his jeans.

'My my ... Who are you? My sweet Fiona was never this dominating,' he said with a smile as she tugged down his jeans.

As soon as his jeans came off, she bent and whispered against his ear, 'Make love to me, lover.'

It was all Nick needed to hear as he flipped her onto her back, careful not to put too much pressure on the sensitive skin. He parted her legs, giving him easier access to the soft curls between her thighs. 'I am going to make love to you all night. I don't think I will ever get tired of it,' he whispered as he pressed his lips to hers.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, trapping him against her. Her body squirmed, restless, hot, aching and needing. She wanted what only he could give her.

She felt flushed, sexy and alive. Like she was the only woman in the world. The only woman he would ever want. It was a heady feeling. She was lost in the electric sensations of his lovemaking.

As he moved over her, covering her with his body and nudging her legs apart with his thigh, she arched into him once again. She gripped his shoulders, her nails digging into the thick muscles as he slowly entered her. His eyes were fastened to hers, locking them together as he moved into her, making them one.

Tears glistened on her eyelashes and she tried to blink them away. He kissed them away instead as he came to a stop within her.

She locked her legs around his hips, seeking to seat him further inside her. He moaned a delicious, desperate sound. A man valiantly trying to maintain control over his raging need. She smiled... a temptress confident in her ability to drive him mad.

She began to move restlessly against him, spurring him to more action. He growled possessively and kissed her savagely, moving forward with deep, soul wrenching thrusts. But his touch was gentle, his hands touching her almost reverently as if afraid she would shatter into a million pieces. And she felt dangerously close to doing just that.

Her release built slowly, then faster, higher and more powerful until she feared she could take no more. Then suddenly as she heard him call out her name, she burst into flames, the explosion within her violent. She clutched desperately at him, wanting to anchor herself to him amidst the storm.

His lips, his hands, moved over her like feathers, his soothing words a balm to her heated skin. He caught her against him as he found his own release. They lay there, wrapped tightly around each other, neither moving, neither breaking the moment.

She closed her eyes, holding back the tears of exquisite pleasure. Everything she had ever dreamed of. Here in her arms. Her bed. Her heart. I love you.

For a moment she thought she spoke the words aloud, but Nick remained quiet against her, his hand idly stroking her hair. 'I missed you so damn much, Fi,' he said. 'I don't mean that sexually,' he continued on, his voice catching oddly. 'I missed your smile, your presence, your scent, your laugh, your love and most importantly, I just missed being with my love. I love the way you make me feel when you are around. I love you, doll.'

She shivered beside him, her heart pounding wildly.

He kissed her again and she relaxed, giving over to the demand of his lips. 'Are you all right? Was I too rough?' he asked in concern as he cupped her face.

She smiled and kissed him, effectively silencing him. 'If it was any righter, I would die.'

He grinned wickedly at her. 'Now, I have something for you.'

With that he climbed off the bed and walked over to the closet and came back with a box. He settled down on the bed and pulled her, so that she sat between his legs.

'What is it?' she asked as he handed her the box.

'Open it and see for yourself,' he said, brushing her hair to her side and dropping a kiss on her nape.

With shaky hands, Fiona opened the box. As soon as the box opened, she was mesmerized by the piece of jewellery in her hand. It was a beautiful, exquisitely designed diamond necklace with emeralds in between the sparkling stones. There were matching earrings as well. And the entire set matched really well with the ring. She turned around and looked at him with sparkling green eyes and a huge smile.

'You bought that for me?' she asked.

He nodded and extricated the necklace from its confinement. 'Turn around,' he said and clasped the necklace into place. Dropping a kiss on her shoulder, he murmured huskily, 'I know you wanted to have one.'

He knew that the next part was going to be difficult. 'I bought it the day he took you... I didn't go to the office. I went back to the store to buy this and when I came back...' His voice shook and Fiona squeezed his hand in assurance. 'I wish I hadn't gone back, Fi. I wish I had stayed back or atleast made it back in time... I wish you didn't have to experience all that .... I am so sorry, baby....'

Fiona turned around and wrapped her arms around him.

'Don't say that you are sorry, Nick. You are not the one who is supposed to be guilty. I don't blame you, lover. I never did and I never shall. It's over, isn't it?' she asked and dropped a kiss on his lips. She knew that no words would convey her emotions but she hoped that a hug would do. She squeezed him all her strength, making him laugh.

'Don't crush me, sugar,' he said, pulling back and dropping a kiss on her cheek. 'I know it's over, Fi. Now, go and see how my gift looks,' he said, waving his hand towards the dressing table.

Collecting her skimpy piece of lace, she shrugged it on and walked towards the mirror and stood before it. She turned her neck, admiring the sparkle of the stones in the nightlight.

'I hope you like it, doll,' he said, as he walked over and stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. 'If you don't like it...'

'I love it, Nicholas,' she admitted and looked at their reflection. She turned around and looped her arms around his neck. 'But you shouldn't have bought something so costly, Nick. You already bought me a ring and this seems a little too much,' she admitted softly. 'You shouldn't waste ...'

'Who the hell are you to tell me?' he asked, faking his anger. His eyes looked at her with a naughty gleam as he continued, 'I like buying gifts for my fiancée and as far as I am concerned, she shouldn't have a problem whatsoever. So, no more discussion about what I buy for the love of my life. Is that clear?'