Naked Ch. 01 (rough)

Story Info
Dramedy romance between a liberal feminist and a businessman.
1.6k words
3.29
7.9k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is an attempt at writing a script for my original story, a graphic novel that I have been developing alone for many years. The women marching and the overall reaction to Trump's election has motivated and inspired me to start writing and drawing art for it. I hope to someday publish the finished story online for everyone to see. Thank you everyone.

-Jay Juno

*

Story summary for Naked:

Naked is an original story and concept created, drawn, and written by Jay Juno. Naked is intended to be a graphic novel set in the early 2000s in the state of Tennessee of the United States of America.

The protagonist is Sappho Höst, a young woman who grew up and lives in Athens, Tennessee. Sappho was originally meant to be born a man, but her mother convinced a witch to change Sappho's sex to female before birth. Sappho spends her childhood confused about gender identity. She starts working at a men's magazine company disguised as a man. The man who runs and edits the magazine is Matthew Winters, a conservative businessman who looks down on liberals and their ideals.

In the beginning, Sappho meets an old woman who tells Sappho about her future. The old woman then transports Sappho into the future in the late 2010s. After some struggle, Sappho gets back to her time and reality in the early 2000s. Except for a couple of items such as a pc tablet and smartphone, Sappho has nothing to prove that this time travel event happened. No one else knows about it except for a catholic priest who she confides in.

Sappho is an independent young woman who wants to travel the world and spend years in school. However, seeing her future family and life in the 2010s is an experience that makes her doubt how much control she has over her life and reconsider what she needs to be happy. She starts consuming marijuana and drinking alcohol for the first time and experiences with a cybersex relationship. Some events and people from the alternate future soon appear in her life in her own time... including her future husband.

Naked is being approached as a mix of comedy, romance, drama, time travel and slice of life. Naked is meant to be an online comic (josei manga) for a mature audience (18+) and depict themes of adult relationships and marijuana use by characters.

To see concept art for Naked, visit my profile for more information.

*

NAKED

WRITTEN BY JAY JUNO

DAY -- SPRING OR SUMMER

We see a tall building. The building is the office for a men's magazine publication that publishes nationwide. The area looks like downtown area of a small city. A young androgynous woman is standing outside in front of this building, an angry glare written in her face.

This woman is Sappho Höst, the protagonist. She appears to be of small stature with pale skin, short brown hair and blue eyes.

SCENE CHANGE-

We see inside this same building and see what appears to be a typical office setting set in the early 2000s time period. There are many men in professional and casual business attire standing and sitting in various places in this office, talking and laughing.

CUT TO-

The front glass doors to the building burst wide open, and the men are startled. Sappho is standing in the doorway, her arms still stretched out from pushing the glass doors. She has a determined and steel like demeanor about her.

SAPPHO

What is this shit that you guys are publishing?!

Sappho holds up the latest issue of the men's magazine.

SAPPHO

It's like you hate women!

Sappho turns to a man standing nearby- his expression seems shocked and scared. She shoves the magazine towards his face.

SAPPHO

Explain yourself, you bastard!

The other men standing around also have worried expressions on their faces.

SCENE CHANGE-

CUT TO-

We see an office. This office is higher up the building and requires an elevator or stairs to get to. Men in business attire are standing around, a small group that seems familiar with each other. The men are smiling and appear relaxed, a few with drinks in their hands and one man puffing on a cigar.

In this office, there is a desk that is centered near the window that looks over the city of Athens. Sitting behind this desk is Matthew Winters, a man of large build and stature. His hair is cut short and combed, his hands clean and his nails polished, his business suit pressed, and his age appears to be in the mid to late 30s. There is a wristwatch on his wrist and a large coffee mug on his desk. There is a title card at the front of the desk that reads "Mr. Winters".

Suddenly, man #1 opens the door and enters the office. The peace is disrupted.

MAN #1

Boss, we got a problem.

MATTHEW

*cocks an eyebrow*

Hmmm?

Man #1 walks up to Matthew's desk.

MAN #1

Some crazy feminist is running through the building like a screaming banshee out of hell!

Sappho bursts through the office door, scaring the men. She is still holding the magazine issue in her hand.

MEN

AHHHH!

MATTHEW

...

Matthew looks to Sappho's face.

Sappho looks around, her expression angry.

SAPPHO

Where is your f***ing editor?!

Sappho then turns her face to Matthew and their eyes lock. Matthew looks into her eyes and Sappho stars back, defiant and looking annoyed. Matt is in awe but tries to keep his facial expression neutral.

SAPPHO

Are you the asshole who approved this crap to be published?!

She holds up the magazine for him to see. In response, Matthew cocks a sly smile.

MATTHEW

Miss, I...

Sappho immediately gets her feathers ruffled.

SAPPHO

It's Ms. Höst, actually.

Matthew widens his smile, slightly.

MATTHEW

Miss Höst.

Sappho yells "Asshole!" in her mind but only expresses annoyance in her face.

Matthew coolly glides from his desk as he gets out of his chair.

MATTHEW

I am terribly sorry that you are upset by our articles.

Matthew starts walking across the office floor towards Sappho, the other men moving away to allow him passage.

MATTHEW

At this magazine, we strive to be objective, informative, and impartial.

As Matthew is walking towards her, Sappho starts to slowly back away in her posture and her face shows some worry. Matthew walks up to her and their eyes lock again, but her eyes are more vulnerable and his are staring down into hers with confidence and tease.

MATTHEW

But this magazine...

Matthew reaches for the issue in her hand and takes it from her. Then he holds it up for her to see.

MATTHEW

...will publish what it desires and sees fit. Even if it gets some girl's panties in a twist.

Matthew smiles wider with a cocked eyebrow. Sappho instantly feels annoyed.

SAPPHO

Now look here...

But Matthew interrupts her.

MATTHEW

And I will never apologize for anything we publish. Nor will I retract it. Your reaction and those of the other girls makes me feel that we should publish more articles of this nature.

Matthew is now smiling widely, his eyes gleaming.

SAPPHO

Thinking "Geez, what a smug bastard"

Matthew then steps forward, the magazine held at his side, and his body towering over Sappho. His height of over 6 feet and large body frame overshadows Sappho, who is a few inches over 5 feet and petite.

Sappho looks nervous as she looks up into his face.

SAPPHO

Listen, you...

But Matthew interrupts her again, and raises himself on his front toes for a second.

MATTHEW

Let me guess- you are taking women's studies in school now, right? Freshman in college?

SAPPHO

-surprised-

Yes, how did you...?

MATTHEW

You are learning about the poor iron jawed angels starving for votes? Reading about the bra burners struggling against the horror of patriarchy?

SAPPHO

Yeah! Yes... actually...

But Matthew interrupts her again.

MATTHEW

You must also be doing work study in the women's studies office at your school. Am I correct? They have a little library of feminist books for you to read to your heart's content?

SAPPHO

-flabbergasted-

Yes, and...

But Matthew interrupts her again by placing his hand on Sappho's back. He leads her towards the front door while casually swinging the magazine issue in his other hand, back and forth.

MATTHEW

Miss Höst, I suggest you come back to this office when you have finished your education. And I would prefer you read more books from that little library of theirs. You will want to get The Second Sex under your belt...

Matthew chuckles. Sappho looks shocked.

SAPPHO

Hey!

Matthew then opens the door for Sappho

MATTHEW

You will then want to read The Feminine Mystique. After you realize what a dry and flawed piece of writing it is, then you should watch a college performance of The Vagina Monologues. Do that, then please come back here. Come back here, and I will gladly verbally combat you in debates that will last seasons.

SAPPHO

Hey, Betty Friedan was a...!

MATTHEW

It was wonderful meeting such a spirited young lady as yourself. I appreciate hearing your feedback.

Matthew, using the hand he placed on her back earlier, then gently pushes Sappho out the office door while hold it open with his other hand still holding the magazine issue.

Sappho looks back behind her up at Matthew, in awe. Matthew looks back down into her eyes, full of confidence.

MATTHEW

Have a blessed day, Miss Höst.

Matthew is smiling at her as he shuts the door in her face.

Sappho stands there in front of the closed door, stupefied.

SAPPHO

...

Sappho then frowns, looks down, a slight blush on her cheeks.

Within the office-

MATTHEW

Thinks to himself "Brat" as he walks back towards his desk

-END CHAPTER ONE-