Nanny Sarah Pt. 03

Story Info
The conclusion of Connie and Sarah's story.
24.3k words
4.92
190.6k
338

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 04/08/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is an edited version of Nanny Sarah. Once again, a huge thank you to Bi_Cathy for helping proofread. Hopefully we've caught 99% of the typos now.

This is the third part of a three part story. Please read the other parts first. All characters in explicit scenes are over eighteen.

*******

Sarah had been correct. As soon as the sky outside showed any hint of color a mop of curly hair bounced through the doorway and climbed up next to me. I was facing away, my arm wrapped around Sarah, who had turned in the night so I was spooning her.

Little hands shook my shoulder, making me roll over onto my back. "Mommy, mommy."

"Hmm, what is it, sweetie?"

"Why's Nanny Sarah in your bed?"

My pulling my arm away caused Sarah to stir, rolling towards me and sliding her arm over my belly under the covers.

"S'matter?"

"That alarm clock you mentioned is here. I think we're busted."

Sarah's eyes opened and she laid her head on my shoulder. "Morning, Heidi."

"Good morning. Did you get scared last night?"

"Hmm?"

"Mommy only lets me sleep in here when I get scared of the thunder lightning."

"Oh." Sarah chuckled. "No, honey, I wasn't scared. I'm going to be sleeping in here from now on, OK?"

"Why?"

I decided to take over. "Because, honey, when two adults love each other, sometimes they like to sleep in the same bed."

"Like Auntie Lauren and Uncle Rick?"

"Uh-huh, just like that."

"So you love Nanny Sarah?"

I nodded. "I do."

"And Nanny Sarah, you love my mommy?"

"Yes, sweetheart, I love her very much."

A tear began to form in Heidi's eye, her voice shaking like when she was trying to settle down from a tantrum. "So are we a family?"

Sarah pulled her arms out from under the covers and held them out, and Heidi wasted no time in clambering over me and into them. "Oh, honey, of course we are."

Heidi clutched at Sarah, sobbing. I put my arms around both my girls. "Are you okay, Heidi?"

"Yeah." She turned back to me, wiping her nose on the sleeve of her Elsa nightgown. "They're happy tears."

We snuggled together in bed, the three of us, for another half an hour before I got up to take Heidi wash her face and brush her teeth. Sarah took the opportunity to sneak back to her room for some real clothes. By the time I had Heidi dressed the shower was running.

Breakfast was well on the way when Sarah came down, and she slipped her arms around my waist as I stirred the eggs. "Morning, sweetie."

"Hi. We need to get you really moved into our room today."

"Yeah. I thought about it yesterday while Heidi was at school, but, um, I wasn't sure about..."

"About where to put things?"

"Yeah. I didn't want to move your dad's stuff around. Y'know, without you here."

I nodded my understanding while emptying the eggs into a white ceramic bowl. When mom died, dad had given all of her clothes to charity very quickly, saying she'd made him promise. So when I'd moved into the large bedroom after he died, I'd just taken over her mostly empty dresser and closet space. It had made me feel closer to her. Dad's stuff was still in his wardrobe and hanging in one corner of the walk-in closet. Eventually my stuff expanded to fill the empty spaces.

I took a deep breath. "Yeah, I guess it's time to get rid of my dad's clothes."

I had some empty, folded up boxes in the attic left over from my move home, so by noon we had everything ready for Goodwill. Being a lawyer my dad had some really nice suits. Someone was going to score well with those.

Over lunch at McAlister's we talked about the next step. Dad's wardrobe just wasn't appropriate for Sarah, although she insisted it would do. I wanted her to have something of her own.

So we went shopping. Heidi made a point of walking between us and holding both our hands "Like Sylvia does." But whenever she'd run off to look at something I'd find my fingers intertwining with Sarah's without any conscious thought.

I'd like to say I didn't notice the looks either, but that would be a lie. But every time I saw someone looking at us, I felt a great swell of defiance and, well, pride. I got it now, fully understanding why gay rights parades were called 'Pride Marches'. It wasn't about pride in being gay. It was about choosing to live your life openly, pursuing the relationship you wanted, loving whomever you chose to despite societal judgments. There is great pride in that.

We stopped at three different stores before finding our way to a little antique mall in Carmel. Sarah's face went all dreamy as soon as she saw it, something that hadn't happened all day. It had a lovely three-part mirror with the same number of large drawers on either side of a central vanity cut out. The info card said Spanish style, made from oak, and the matching bench style seat was included.

Sarah ran her fingers over the red-brown wood and along the framing. She reached for the price tag and her face fell. A sad smile followed and she took my hand to walk on.

I didn't move. "You like this one, don't you?"

Sarah looked back over at the piece. "Yeah, it's beautiful. But I can't afford it."

I turned over the tag. Ouch, she wasn't kidding. But I hadn't bought a really nice item of furniture since dad died. "Let's get it."

"Connie, no, it's..."

"Sweetheart, we can afford this, if it's the one you want. Is it?" I saw a little smile break and she turned back to the vanity. She did her due diligence, checking each of the drawers, the feet, everything. Finally satisfied she nodded to me.

"I really like it."

"Okay. I'm gonna go get the sales lady."

Before I could turn away Sarah pulled me into a hug. "Thank you." The kiss she planted on my cheek made me all melty inside, and I couldn't keep the silly grin off my face as I moved away.

From behind I heard Sarah talking to Heidi. "We're going to get this one. Do you like it?"

"Yeah, Nanny Sarah, it's pretty."

Half an hour later we'd paid and arranged for delivery and haul away of dad's old wardrobe.

Since we hadn't had family pizza and a movie night yesterday we stopped at Napoli's and got a couple of brick oven pizzas on the way home. Heidi wanted 'Homeward Bound', so I grabbed a box of tissues before we snuggled up on the couch. Heidi sat on the floor, but my hand was firmly in Sarah's as she leaned against my shoulder. It was so lovely and I couldn't, in that moment, understand why there had ever been any distance between us.

About half an hour into the movie Sarah's phone buzzed on the end table and she reached over to grab it. "It's Linda."

I whispered to Heidi that we needed to pause the movie as I grabbed the remote and hit the button.

"Hey, Linda. Yeah, let me put you on speaker." Sarah pressed the appropriate icon and set the phone on her leg.

"Okay, you're on. Connie's right here."

"Hi Linda." I called out as Heidi climbed up into my lap.

"Hi Connie! Just hoping you're all still coming up for Christmas."

Heidi looked at me wide eyed. "Who's that, mommy?"

"Oh, is that Heidi? Hello!"

My daughter looked at me shyly, and I whispered back. "Go ahead, say 'Hi'."

"Hi."

Sarah smiled at her. "Heidi, this is my brother's wife. She's inviting us all for Christmas. What do you think?"

Heidi's eyes went wide. "Really?"

"Yeah, I want you and your mommy and Sarah to all come."

I ran my fingers through Heidi's curls. "What do you say sweetie?"

"Yeah! When do we go? Tomorrow?"

Sarah laughed. "No, but that's what we're going to figure out."

"Rebecca and Jonathan will be here the day after Christmas. Do you want to shoot for that?"

I nodded when Sarah looked at me. "Sure, sounds good." She paused for a moment. "Um, is mom going to be there?"

"She's coming, but I doubt she'll stay the night. She knows you're all coming."

I reached out and took my lover's hand. "We have to see her sometime."

"Okay. Linda, well see you then." We'll give you a call Tuesday when we're on our way."

Everyone said 'goodbye' and Linda disconnected. I restarted the movie, noting that Sarah was holding my hand a bit tighter.

Later that night we were lying in bed, my fingers running gently through her hair. "You've been quiet tonight. Worried about seeing your mom?"

"I just don't want to drag you into my family's drama. Especially Heidi. She won't understand. I'm worried mom'll say something that'll upset her."

I wiped a tear off her cheek. "Sarah, as much as I hate to admit it, if we're going to be together, Heidi's going to have to get used to stuff like that. I remember what high school was like."

Sarah looked at me confused. No one had suspected I was gay in high school. Not even me.

"I mean Megan. She was six feet tall when we were freshmen. Played basketball and threw shot and discus. Even kept her hair cut short. People just assumed, and they gave her hell for it. Which is ironic, 'cause there's not a bi-curious bone in that girl's body."

Sarah chuckled. "Really?"

"Yeah. Absolutely, completely boy crazy, I swear. But guys wouldn't give her the time of day. It was hard, but she survived. Heidi'll get through it, too."

Sarah touched my cheek. "Look at you, being all sensible."

"Well I've been hanging around this amazing woman. She makes me a better person, I think."

Her cheeks colored and she grinned. "How so?"

"Well," I kissed her gently, "I'm more relaxed." My lips feathered up her jaw line to her ear. "I smile more."

Sarah gasped as I took her earlobe between my teeth. "You do?"

"Oh, yeah." My tongue traced the ridge of her ear, earning a delicious sigh. "And, I'm much more of a giver."

"Wha? ... Oh!"

I slipped under the sheets, lifting up her pajama top and licking around her navel, where I knew she was ticklish. Laughing and squealing, she tried to push me away. I used the fact that her body was suddenly in motion to strip off her bottoms, and I let her push my head down towards its true goal.

My mouth found the sensitive skin of Sarah's inner thigh, and her giggles fast turned to moans. Up and down her legs I went until the smell of her arousal became too much, and I had to taste it. I never could get enough.

Slowly I brought her to her full, and my love came like a waterfall, gushing into my mouth. When I was convinced I'd taken in the last drop of her essence I crawled out from under the covers and took her into my arms as she nuzzled into my neck.

"Mmm, I love you." A soft kiss. "My darling."

My fingers ran gently through her hair as I pressed my lips to her forehead, hearing her purr as I did. "My precious girl."

A long day, combined with the relaxation of her orgasm had my lover asleep in my arms moments later. I just held her there, thanking God for being so good to me.

***

I'd thought I'd be more emotional when they took my dad's old wardrobe away, but it was okay. The new piece fit perfectly, and an hour later Sarah had the last of her stuff moved into our room.

My heart melted a little as Sarah sat at her vanity with Heidi in her lap, pretending to put on makeup. After dinner we sat in our living room watching the snow fall quietly outside, while our fire danced about and the lights on our tree chased each other around the ornaments. Carols filled the air as we sang along. A holiday at home with my family.

Christmas morning dawned crisp and clear, with just enough snow to cover the ground. We'd told Heidi she couldn't come into our room until it was light out, so as soon as the sky even thought about beginning to brighten a mop of curly brown hair poked its accompanying head through our door.

"Mommy?" It was a forced whisper, barely containing her excitement. "Is it light enough yet?"

Sarah rolled towards me and kissed me on the cheek. "You know we're not getting any more sleep, right?"

I sighed. "Yeah. Okay, munchkin, you can come in."

Heidi bounded across the room, flumping onto the bed and bouncing up and down on her knees. "It's Christmas! Time to get up!"

"Okay, okay! You want to go see if Santa came?" Heidi nodded her wide-eyed approval, sliding off the bed and racing out of the room. "No opening anything until we come down!" I heaved a sigh and settled back into my pillow, looking into Sarah's lovely green eyes.

"Merry Christmas, darling." The sound of her voice soothed away any irritation I might have been feeling over being up this early.

I reached and stroked her hair. "Merry Christmas. You're the best present ever.

The corner of her mouth twitched up. "Really? You're in advertising and that's the best you can come up with?"

"It's early." Her little grin said that excuse wasn't going to cut it. "Alright, fine. How 'bout this?" I pulled her to me and claimed her mouth with mine, rolling her gently onto her back. For a moment she giggled and tried to fight me, but then I felt her relax and sink into the kiss, which I made as deep as possible. I shifted my leg, drawing my thigh over her core, earning a moan and shudder. I pulled away a few inches.

"That better?" Sarah nodded wordlessly, and I bent down to kiss her again.

"Santa came! Santa came! C'mon! Let's go!" Heidi barged through the door and jumped up on the bed.

I groaned and leaned into Sarah's neck, who patted me on the shoulder. "Should I go make coffee?"

"Oh, God, yes." I kissed her again and rolled away.

"Mommy! Get up!"

"Heidi, go with Nanny Sarah, I'll be down in a minute."

Sarah tied off her robe and held out her hand. "Let's go, munchkin." Heidi grabbed on and dragged her out into the hall and down the stairs.

As soon as they were gone I climbed out from the warmth of my bed and headed into the bathroom before wrapping myself in my own robe and sneaking into my office. In the bottom drawer of my desk was the box from Barrington's. I hadn't gotten it out while we'd been laying out the gifts last night. I wanted it to be a surprise.

I slipped it into my nightgown's pocket and headed downstairs. I could hear Sarah bustling about in the kitchen and the whir of a coffee grinder, so I stole into the living room and slipped the box into her green stocking while no one was looking.

Heidi was on her knees in front of the tree inspecting every package, looking for her name, which she could recognize now. I eased myself over to my favorite chair and set my phone to camera mode. A minute later a steaming mug of coffee appeared next to me, and I inhaled the aroma of java and vanilla creamer.

"Thank you, sweetie."

"You're welcome." Sarah sat on the sofa, tucking her legs underneath her in that adorable way she does. "Shall we get started?"

"Yeah, yeah!" Heidi was bouncing up and down on her knees.

"Okay, go ahead."

With a squeal of four-year-old joy Heidi tore into the first package, and the bacchanalia was on. I'd let myself go a little overboard with presents, but other than my brother she didn't have aunts, uncles, or grandparents to pick up the slack.

Her first score was a set of plastic 'My Little Pony' figures to go with the castle she'd gotten for her birthday. Several other brightly colored bits followed, including a couple of play sets from Uncle Reggie, but the real highlight was a good-sized box from Sarah, which contained an Easy-Bake oven.

Heidi squealed and launched herself into Sarah's arms. "Thank you! Thank you!"

"You're welcome, sweetheart. Now, you're only allowed to use it when your mommy or I are with you, okay?" Heidi bobbed her head quickly. "Alright, now, can you give this to your mommy? It's for her."

"Thank you, honey." I took the package from my daughter. The tag read 'To the woman who keeps me warm at night. Love, Sarah.' She was smiling sweetly at me as a tear burned in my eye. I made myself tear off the wrapping, grinning widely as I pulled out a beautiful new winter coat.

It was black, with a faux-fur lined hood, and an attached belt that cinched it at the waist. So many coats I'd tried had looked odd because of my height, but as I held it up I knew this one would be long enough.

"Oh, Sarah, it's beautiful." I held it up to my body and smoothed it with my hand.

"Try it on."

I nodded and stripped off my robe. The coat fit perfectly, and I could already tell it was going to be warm.

"You're going to need it when we go up to Michigan. It's not the tropical clime we have here."

I glanced outside, where the three inches of snow we'd had two nights ago were barely hanging on in the thirty-eight-degree weather.

Soon the packages were depleted. Sarah loved the Bath & Body Works basket, and 'Heidi' had gotten me a long woolen scarf in hues of blue, purple and red to add some color to my new coat.

I jumped up to grab the stockings from the mantle, setting my own, which was heavier than I remembered, by my chair. I handed over Heidi's, who immediately and unceremoniously dumped its contents onto the carpet.

Sarah laughed, and my mind remarked to itself how much it loved that sound as I sat down next to her, still holding her green stocking. She looked at me with a happy, contented smile, which flowed away at the seriousness of my expression. I placed what I was holding in her lap.

"Merry Christmas, Sarah."

She looked down, drawing in a breath as she saw the blue box, which was now poking out the top. She drew it out almost reverently, her mouth open slightly.

"Oh, Connie." She ran her fingers over the soft covering before opening the clamshell and gasping, her hand over her mouth.

The lights from the Christmas tree danced over the precious metal and through the diamonds. There were two hearts, one simple, pure yellow gold, the other white gold inlaid with tiny diamonds all along the face. The two were interlocked, together for always.

"Do you like it?"

"Darling, it's beautiful." She leaned over and kissed me, a tear in her eye.

I brushed it away as it began to roll down her cheek. "You're beautiful."

"What's that?" Heidi poked her head over the coffee table.

"It's Nanny Sarah's necklace. You remember buying it?"

"Uh-huh."

Sarah pulled the chain out of the box and turned her back to me before pulling her hair to the side and handing me the necklace. Once it was in place she faced me, one hand touching her new jewelry.

"What do you think?"

"I think I love you."

"You better, you shouldn't give things like this to just anyone."

We laughed and kissed, and had a wonderful Christmas. Carols sounded through the house while Heidi played happily with her new loot. Soon the aroma of baking ham filled the air, along with mashed potatoes and several other assorted yummies. Heidi and Sarah even used Heidi's new oven to bake cookies for dessert.

I read to my daughter from one of her new storybooks before retiring to our room, where Sarah was running a bath.

"Join me?" She gave me a sweet pleading smile, as if there were any other place on earth I'd rather be.

Soon we were relaxing in the water in our normal positions, her sitting between my legs, resting against me as my arms encircled her from behind.

My fingers caressed her skin as I whispered in her ear. "Did you have a nice Christmas?"

"I miss my dad, but yeah. Best in a long time. You?"

"Same, at least since my mom died." I hugged her close. "It's good to spend it with family."

We sat like that for a few minutes, but soon I could feel Sarah's energy change.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, um." She held my arms tightly, almost possessively. "I need to ask you, or tell you something. But I don't want you to take it wrong."

"Oh, God, what'd I do?"

Sarah gave a nervous laugh. "No." She kissed the back of my hand, which made me feel better. "I love my necklace, and I love the dresser you bought me. I just... I want you to know you don't have to buy me expensive things. I mean, I get you have money from your dad. But it's not why I'm with you. I need to know you believe that. 'Cause it's true."