New Beginnings

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No one ever intrigued him, until he saw her. She was something special. She was someone he wanted to know.

Fashion waited. He suspected that the young Ms. Darksky belonged to him. He sensed something unique about the young officer. He was rarely wrong. He knew the Ivanov's would want to meet the young man, but believed that Navarro Smith would be a welcomed addition to the Ivanov clan.

*****

Watching from the balcony of the mansion stood Ivan. Ivan Graven wanted Christy. He'd waited almost six decades for the one promised to him. Esmeralda owed him and before her demised she vowed that he would have her daughter. Sadly, Cantar was married now but her daughter was not. He'd been watching her. He made sure she knew she was different. When she was younger, he posed as a teacher at her school. He made it his business to keep the young Christiana subdued.

She grew and developed into a beautiful woman. He recalled the first time he saw her uncovered. She had just left home for college and he wired her private dorm room. Every night, he watched her dress and undress. She was perfect. He could not wait to taste her again. He'd had her before, but she was unaware.

With the help of some fake friends, he was able to get her lone for a few minutes after drugging her. He wasted no time, suckling her breast, tasting her center, breathing her scent, he was aroused beyond belief. He was about to have her when her guards found where they had hidden. Most wanting to be caught, He vanished leaving a drunken naked young woman in a closet. The vampire guards took her, and she became heavily guarded. He never forgot her taste. He would have her. This gala would help him reach his goal.

Then he glared at the Indian. He had to go. No man, especially a nobody like Officer Smith, would take his prize away. Ivan growled, and turned away. He had to move quickly. Claiming Christiana Darksky was his only objective.

*********

Navarro stared at the man before him. Hugh smiled. "How old are you young man?"

"I'm 32." Navarro answered.

"OK, what is your actual age?" Hugh demanded..

Navarro smiled, "132, how did you know?" he asked curiously. He often masked his true nature, and Hugh Fashion was one of the few men that eyed him strangely.

"I knew when you entered my territory ten years ago. I left you alone because I understand that some people don't want to be bothered. However, witnessing your interactions with the young Ms. Darksky, I think you need to come out of hiding." Hugh sighed. "Where is your clan?"

Navarro sighed. He remembered his parents. His mother was a maiden that was sired by a soldier that found her mortally wounded. For three centuries, the couple existed, surviving many man-lead atrocities. They traveled the world and soon he was born. His mother explained that his father, Red was upset. He didn't want children, but she loved him enough for them both. On one of their travels, the couple found themselves with their small child stranded in an inner city area. Being unfamiliar with the region, Red sought assistance. He was attacked. Being a vampire, he destroyed his assailants immediately. Red found himself being assaulted form all sides. Umbi and Navarro vanished and Red shielded them. RUN! was his only command. Under a cloak of invisibility, she grabbed her son and ran.

The police arrived, but could not halt the assault. Red was destroyed, and many of his assailants were killed as well. Umbi cried as they fled. As they got farther and farther away her body gave. She fell, taking Navarro down with her. She felt Red's love but she knew he would not survive. The last time she collapsed, he sent her and his son a final good bye. Navarro remembered screaming as he lost contact with his father. Those humans took his dad from him, and one day he'd avenge his death. Umbi, walked. Crying with each step, she moved on remote. An older Native American couple found them and gave them sanctuary.

Navarro never found out where his father was interred, but he knew that he had departed this life. At the reservation, Navarro adjusted. At first, he cried every night. He could not be free and let his vampire out. Umbi chastised him often to reign in his beast, but he still acted out on occasion. Umbi told him to hide his vamp. Humans would fear him, and he could be hurt. So for over a year, they masked. Father often said that humans could not know what they were. As a small child, he often wondered what happened to his father. He knew he had crossed over, but where was his remains. Most vampires turned to dust when killed. Sadly, this did not happen to Red. In the city, Red's body was taken to a morgue. His face was so disfigured he was unrecognizable. After no one came forward, his body was cremated by the city and eventually forgotten.

Umbi and Navarro lived with the tribe that gave them sanctuary. A year passed, and each night, Navarro watched his mother waste away. Without Red, Umbi held on as long as she could. She knew her son needed her, but in the end she soon died of a broken heart, leaving Navarro on his own. Navarro was then place in foster care, where a judge authorized that he be placed in a group home. It was over one hundred years ago that he realized he could never reveal who and what he truly was. He was vampire, but no one could know.

Hugh paused. It was obvious that Navarro was thinking. "I have no clan." He answered.

Hugh paused, "Who were your parents? Hugh's heart began to race. In the vampire world, there were rumors of a child of a man that was shot to death by humans. That was one reason vampires often treaded careful when interacting in the human world. Could this young man be that missing child?

"It doesn't matter, sir. My parents are gone. I realize I'm trespassing in your territory. I will move on." Navarro stated.

"Calm down, Navarro. You don't have to leave." Hugh sighed. Who were your parents?"

Navarro sighed, "Red and Umbi Smith, my parents died years ago."

Hugh gasped, his eyes widening in shock, "You're him. We heard stories, but no one could find you. Son, you are no longer alone."

Navarro glared at him. "Mr. Fashion, I'd rather be alone." He turned to walk away.

Hugh spoke. "Her family won't allow you to isolate her. I know the Ivanovs' and if I'm right, Christiana is more than a passing fancy for you." Navarro became agitated, so Hugh changed tactics.

"Come to the gala tomorrow. You came tonight. You must spend time with her." Hugh suggested.

Navarro nodded. He'd spent so much time on his own, that he was not sure he could do a relationship. Navarro sighed, "I'll think about it."

Hugh smiled, "OK, tomorrow night, the dance starts at seven, I expect you here by five. Don't disappoint me young man."

Navarro frowned. "Mr. Fashion, I..." Lesvia joined them. She smiled.

"Officer Smith, Please come. It will be such a treat for our guest." Lesvia suggested.

Navarro exhaled and mumbled he'd be there. He left wearing a smile. Tomorrow he'd have a chance to get to know the beautiful Christiana.

"Well wife, I need to call Corliss. He needs to be prepared for this." Hugh whispered as Lesvia flowed into his arms.

"Love, we can't interfere, remember." She reminded him.

Hugh sighed, and soon the two went inside to join their guest.

*****

Rosita was annoyed. The directions were simple. She knew she was relatively new at this, but he supervisor seemed to think she had the mental capacity of a three year old. She was instantly annoyed whenever the man entered the room. It was sickening how every other wolf fawned over him. It was as if gold dripped from his lips. She tried to connect, but her second night here revealed how he felt about the young female from Texas.

Rosita simply did her job. It wasn't all bad, her sisters were here, so when she finished working she could visit with them.

"Rosita, I see you are daydreaming again. The group will be returning to their rooms' shorty, cocktails need to be available. Why is the bar not completely stocked?" Nials demanded.

"I'm almost done, Nials. Kalen is bringing scotch from the basement." Rosita explained.

"Tomorrow night, I'll make sure someone else is on this detail." Nials stated rudely.

Rosita was hurt. She worked longer an twice as hard as everyone else, yet he still found fault.

"What is your problem, Nials?" Rosita stated. I've done everything you've asked, yet you keep having this attitude."

Nials hissed, "You're here because of who your family is. There are many other wolves that deserve the chance at a job like this. You don't need it, so why waste our time. You< Rosita Cortez, are a spoiled brat."

He turned to walk away. Rosita snapped. "How dare you? You have no clue what my life is like. How dare you assume to know what I deserve." She fumed. Blocking his exit, Rosita ranted.

Nials froze, "Are you done?"

Rosita heaved; her anger a living and breathing entity. "Clear your locker, you're done." Then he walked away.

Rosita stood just as Kalen entered. He knew someone had upset her. "Rosas, what's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing, I was just terminated, that's all." Rosa explained.

"Wait, what happened?" Kalen demanded. Rosita was family, and he would not stand y and allow anyone to mistreat her.

"Kalen, it's alright. Nials doesn't like me." She sighed, and turned away. Kalen felt for her Rosita wore her heart on her sleeve. Often she would bear the brunt of the ill feeling of others, much to her own detriment. Kalen was annoyed. He was not blind to the interactions of the wolves. Most were friendly, but the head beta wolf, Nials seem to have issue with Rosa. Tonight, he was confronting him.

"Pulling Rosita into a tight embrace, Kalen used touch to help calm her wolf. Having grown up with the Leos Pack, he knew touch was important to all were-creatures.

"Hey, let's set up, then we can go for a walk." Kalen whispered.

Rosita smiled, and they finished setting yup the bar. Nials stopped one he was out of sight. He watched. She was very friendly with that bloodsucker. He did not like it one bit. As soon as the next shift began, he was having a long talk with Rosita Cortez. As long as she was here, she was under his leadership. Vampires and werewolves had no business becoming involved. The way she clung to the bloodsucker, it was obvious something else was there.

Soon, Kalen and Rosita walked out, and Nials hid. He watched, fuming as they walked away with Kalen's hand securely placed on her waist.

They were out of his sight, when he decided to move. Unfortunately, Kalen walked Rosita to her room and returned for the older wolf.

"Nials, let this be your final warning. I don't repeat myself. Tomorrow, Rosita returns to work. You fuck with her, and I promise your life will become a living hell. Don't push me. You think my uncles are all you need to fear. You really don't want to piss me off. She's family, and if you ever threaten her again," Kalen smiled as Nials stared at him terrified. He returned so quickly.

He opened his mouth to speak, but Kalen patted his cheek. "Nod if you understand me." Kalen ordered.

Nials nodded and Kalen smiled. "Good, apologize to her in the morning." Then he vanished.

Nials looked around. He hoped no one witnessed his encounter with Kalen. He went to his quarters, clearly quiet and distracted.

What was Rosita doing with the blood sucker? He claimed kinship, but she was of no real relation to him. Was she sleeping with him? That thought did not sit well with his wolf. Another beta called his attention and Nials joined them in conversation. They discussed the beautiful female at the gala, and wishing they had a chance to mingle. However, when Rosita was mentioned, Nials was more than aware of the lustful gleam in his cohort's eyes.

"We are here to work, not mingle. Don't forget your place." He reminded them. His friend laughed. "Oh, Nials, we know the lovely Ms. Cortez is off limits. But your surly attitude is going to ruin any chance you might have with her. Lighten up, show her your playful side." He teased.

Nials frowned, "I'm here to work and so is she." The guys laughed. Nials was a goner, and they all knew it.. Unfortunately, he was in denial and poor Rosita had no clue that she was claimed.

*****

Nails retired for the night. He couldn't sleep. Kalen defense of Rosita made him question. He claimed kinship with the she wolf, but they were not blood relations. He saw how she smiled at him when they talked. He even noticed that several male earned her approval. However, with him, she was stand-offish. She was tense. True he was a hard task master, but even their bosses, Mr. and Mrs. Fashion saw a softer side of Rosita. His thoughts went back to Kalen. Kalen Ivanov was handsome. He could understand a woman's attraction to him, but he was concerned about Rosita.

Although the species could not cross breed, they could be lovers. Nials, if she was sleeping with the blood sucker, she had another think coming. Nils did not sleep.

Rosita retired after talking to Kalen. She would no longer serve, but now attend the gala as one of the guest. The next morning, Rosita requested a meeting with Madam Fashion.

Lesvia was gratuitous, and told her to enjoy the rest of the week. She needed to speak to Nials.

Nials awoke. He reported to the main office, Madam Fashion was waiting. Nials was concerned. He knew last night he went too far.

"Nials, what happened last night with Rosita?" She asked.

"Ma'am, she has a hard time following orders. Last night, I gave explicit instructions and she still failed to follow through." Nials explained. he would not look her in the eyes.

Lesvia watched the wolf before her. He was hiding something. She'd known Nials for a few decades. He was serious at times, but a mellower male you'd never meet.

"Ok, she can mingle and possibly meet her mate then. I'll inform everyone else of the change." Nials stared at her, dumbfounded.

"Madam Fashion, I can talk to her this morning. I may have overreacted." He exhaled. "It's just that this event is very important and I am concerned about the smallest screw up."

"No, you dismissed her. It stands." Lesvia smiled. He was beginning to panic. It was about time. For too long, Nials thought he could bully his way into position but in matters of the heart you needed more than force. It was time to teach an old dog some new tricks. It was obvious to her that Rosita was more than another worker to him, but he had to admit it to himself.

Nials retreated, "Yes ma'am. Is that all?" he asked.

Lesvia smiled. "You know, when I met Hugh I thought he was a thunderhead. He was so conceited and rude I never thought I'd fall for him. Then one day, he showed me the real Hugh Fashion That's the man I fell in love with." Lesvia reached out and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"You've shown her your strength. Now you have three more days to show her your soft side. Nials, if she is yours, you have to let her know." Lesvia then excused herself leaving the wolf staring behind her stunned.

How many others realize how I feel about Rosita? he wondered. I thought I kept my feeling hidden.

Kalen knocked on Rosita's door early. He walked her to breakfast. She told him that she was a guest now and would join the parties. Kalen smiled. He was happy for her. He was especially happy that he would no longer have to dismember Nials.

*****

Navarro reported in to work the next morning. Because the island was so small, the gala was the social event of the year. The sheriff's department was small and all six deputies were on call. Three worked day shift, moonlighting as security at night, and three worked the night shift. Navarro was not surprised when the chief asked to see him.

"Smith, Fashion called. He said that you still refuse to work the gala. You know I can order you to do it, but that means we lose a man on the field. It's only a few extra hours and they pay well. Work the gala son. It's just three more nights." He explained.

Navarro looked at his boss. The portly man meant well, but he had no clue who or what those people really were. He had no clue of who worked for him.

"Sir, I really don't want to be around that many people." Navarro explained.

The chief shrugged. "I know you're shy but son, you have to get out there. I've seen the way women watch you believe me the right girl will help you come out of that shell." Then he paused, He swallowed, "You do like girls?" he asked.

It was Navarro's turn to laugh. "I'm not a homosexual chief, not that there is anything wrong with it. But I don't know if I can deal with a bunch of spoiled rich kids."

The chief nodded. He smiled, "Spoiled rich kids huh? Son, you and I both know that you are not some down on your luck drifter. Actually, I was surprised when Marjorie told me that your name was mentioned several times in Lakota Journal. Why you want to be a deputy sheriff is beyond me, but I'm glad you're here. Truth be told, I know that you're just as wealthy as the people at that mansion. I'm not gonna put your business out there, but I really need your help. Work the gala, as a favor to me." He pleaded.

Navarro smiled and he thought of a dark haired beauty. He smiled. "I'll do it, but I must tell you that I take my job seriously. If they need me there, I may stay for both shifts."

The chief clapped his hands. "That's fine. Officer Smith, thank you. Thank you."

Navarro nodded and then went out on patrol.

*****

Ivan needed fresh air, so he joined some of the other males for a run. The beastly wolves shifted and the males took off. He had one thing on his mind. He wanted Christiana and he would have her this time.

They neared the small town and the wolves turned back and headed back to the safety of the mansion. The vampires stayed and purchased trinkets for the females they were pursuing. Ivan would not spend one cent on her. She was his prize, and as soon as he could catch her, he was marking her.

She was aware of him, for he'd sent her several messages. For over a decade he managed to stay hidden. He knew the incident at the college put her family on high alert but they still had no clue who he was. Ivan chucked to himself. Years ago he carefully manipulated his way into the home of Kale and Brenwan Ivanov. He listened in as the family had discussion about the safety of their children. Brenwan was especially concerned for her niece. Some man molested her, and they still had no clue who he was. He hid, smiling. For months he insinuated his way into the small family. Then one day, Brenwan freaked and ordered him to go. He left, but not without knowing more about the illustrious clan.

Garrick had him investigated. He knew he would, so all connections to Esmeralda from his past were buried. He did not find anything. Christy did not venture far from her family, so he rarely had a chance to see her. He was careful not to speak. She might recognize his voice.

Ivan closed his eyes. He remembered his lover from so long ago. For over seven years, she was with him. Esmeralda was a magnificent lover. She used him often. A few weeks before her life was taken, he asked for Cantar. She laughed. "You can have that dried up little twat." Esmeralda sneered, "She'll be perfect for you. She's never known a man, and you can really enjoy breaking her in. I've fixed her so she can't get pregnant. You can just enjoy." Then she looked wistful, "I wish...,", she stopped. "Never mind, that old fool will die soon any way." They laughed and then she left his bed.

Ivan wanted Cantar, but things happened and he lost his chance with her. But her daughter, she was perfect. He wondered if she was still a virgin. She was the night he tasted her sweetness. It mattered not, he'd still rip her open and ruin her for any other man.