New Beginnings Ch. 04

Story Info
The darkness grows stronger. Kalen finds his wife.
6.3k words
4.76
8.9k
14

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/06/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers

Here is chapter 4. Chapter 5 will be written soon.

All of the characters are above the age of consent.

This is self-edited and I know there may be some errors. I ran this through spell checker, but alas, I'm not perfect. I hope any errors you find don't distract from the story.

Please leave feedback.

Note: I hope you are really enjoying this story.

Chapter 4

Heaven talked as Nevaeh listened. Both girls were happy for Rosita, the shyest of all the girls. Savannah knocked and joined in, after making sure Christiana was alright. Christy relaxed, and for the fifth time that day she smiled.

"Oh no, dish." Savannah demanded. "Ok, he's a cop. He's gorgeous. Is he as good as I think?" She queried. Christy blushed.

"Vannah, stop. We talked and kissed a few times; that's all." Christy replied, as her family members laughed.

"Look, we'll ask Rosita for some pointers when we can get her way from Nials, ok. But really Christy, you need to a little more than just kiss." Savannah teased.

Christy laughed. "Wait, I heard you were met someone?" She asked.

Savannah smiled, "Yes, but he wasn't for me. His mate was from Kingsley."

"Oh, that's OK. You'll meet your mate one day." Christy added.

Someone knocked and it was Kalen. "Ladies, checking in, are you all good?"

"We're fine. Stop pretending you're working. We know Uncle Kale sent you to spy on us." Christy teased.

Kalen laughed, "You figured it out. I'll tell Dad that I'm busted."

"Let me go. You ladies have to dress." As he was leaving, Rosita returned. "Rosa," he teased. "You look different."

Rosa laughed, and said, "Shut up, Kalen. Go find your own woman."

Kalen walked away laughing when he felt a sudden burst of anger. He heard voices and went to see what was going on. Some of the guards had accosted a female digging in the trash. She wasn't a guest, and from what they gathered, not the type that belonged in this neighborhood.

They were calling the sheriff when Kalen entered the room. Her eyes flew to his, silently begging for mercy. He froze. He could not move. She was human. She was filthy. She was not the type of person his family ever wanted them to meet, but she belonged to him.

"Kalen. The sheriff is on his way. We can stay here with her." One of the wolves suggested.

Kalen nodded. "I'll wait with you." He offered.

The wolf was offended. "Look bloodsucker, you aren't security. What you think I'll hurt her?" He stated.

Kalen backed down, "No. Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any offense, but I wanted to help in some way." He stood. "I can leave."

The girl gasped and whispered. "Don't go." Sitting in an iron chair with her arms wrapped around her body, Kalen could see that she was terrified.

The guard sighed, "Ah she speaks. Stay bloodsucker. At least your pretty face helps with something." Kalen gave the wolf a censoring look. The wolf stepped aside.

Kalen sat next to her. He examined her and realized she was much too thin. The girl watched him. She was too small, too frail.

"What's your name, little one?" Kalen whispered.

The girl looked away. "Sweetheart, tell me you name." Kalen whispered.

"My name is Keeley. Keeley Rose." The guard snorted, and her body trembled even more. Kalen started to warn him when the other guard looked in. She looked at the guard. He was big, but for some reason this guy made him less scary. She relaxed a little.

"OK, Keeley, I'll stay here with you until the Deputy arrives. Can you tell me why you came here and what you were doing?" Kalen asked. He knew. She was starved. She reeked. Her clothes were too big for her small frame. However, that did not matter, she would never want for anything again.

Keeley sat thinking of her loved ones at home. They had not eaten all day as their small ration of food had run out. They just needed food for tonight. Tomorrow, she'd go back to the pantry. She grabbed Kalen's arm, gripping his bicep. "Mister, I can't go to jail. They need me. I just needed some food. If you let me go, sir, I promise that I'll never come back here." She pleaded.

Kalen froze. He scented her. She did not carry the scent of one with young children, but she was human.

"Who needs you Keeley?" he asked.

"My family, I'm all they have." She answered.

At that moment, the deputy arrived as did Navarro. "Officer, she meant no harm. Let me take her home." Kalen offered.

"Sir, I'm sorry. Mr. Fashion told us to deal with all intruders. She goes with us." He reached for Keeley. She grabbed Kalen's sleeve.

Kalen fought his anger. "I'll meet you at the station." He declared as the officer led the sobbing young woman away.

Navarro stopped him. "Let's take my car." He offered and headed to his Dodge Charger. Before the officer could put Keeley in his cruiser, Lesvia stopped him. Hugh joined them and the girl was released. She went straight to Kalen.

"Let's get you something to eat and I'll take you home." Kalen whispered. The cook packed a huge basket for her family and Kalen drove her home. She was embarrassed as they approached the small shack she lived in with her aged parents.

"Keeley, is that you?" a frail voice called.

"Gammy, it's me. I have food." She answered. Kalen carried the basket inside.

Keeley kneeled beside an elderly gentleman, "Gampy, wakeup; I have food." She whispered.

He opened his gray eyes. He could not see anything, but he knew someone else as there. "Keeley, who is with you," he asked.

"A friend, Gampy. He helped me to bring the food." She then unpacked the soup and fed her grandfather first as her grandmother tried to eat on her own. Kalen stepped up and helped the old woman to feed herself. Soon they finished and he faced Keeley. "You need to eat." He stated.

"No, I'm fine. I need to change his bandages and grandma needs her medicine." She explained.

"I'll help." Kalen stated as he stepped in and assisted her grandfather as she went on to help her grandmother.

As he helped the old man, the old man spoke. "She deserves better than this. She has taken care of us her whole life. Her mother was a disappointment. We were too old to have a child but we had her anyway. Gammy was forty-nine when her mother was born. We named her Miracle. Miracle had Keeley when she was sixteen. When Keeley was little, she tried to give her to a man. Keeley was just five years old and we took her. That was twenty-four years ago. We raised her as our own and when I couldn't work anymore, she worked. Now we are a burden on her. She deserves better." He cried softly.

Kalen listened. "Sir, she will never want for anything again. You have my promise."

"Are you vampire or wolf?" The old man asked.

Kalen froze. Human did not know about others. The old man smiled, "Son, I've lived almost one hundred years. I've seen some things."

Kalen relaxed. "Vampire, I'm from the Ivanov Coven."

The old man gasped. "She will be loved. "Take her from here tonight and don't let her return. She needs to be free."

Kalen paused. "Sir, like her I will not abandon you, either of you. You are her family and that makes you my family now. We will stay here tonight, but tomorrow arrangements will be made for all three of you."

Keeley and her grandmother entered. "What are you talking about?" Keeley demanded. If he thought to take her grandparents, she was fighting.

Kalen smiled, "No, I'm taking you all some place safe. You can get the help you need and your grandparents can have people there to look out for them."

Her grandmother sighed. "Where are you taking us? She asked.

Kalen smiled, "A little town in Texas called Loess Falls."

Keeley relaxed. She wasn't alone anymore and for some reason, she trusted this man. Kalen wasn't finished. "Keeley, you need to eat. Do you two need help getting into bed?" He asked, and they did. So he helped them.

When he emerged from their small bedroom, Keeley was waiting.

"You shouldn't have promised them that. But for now they are at least happy. Thank you." She whispered.

Kalen watched her. "Have you eaten?"

"I will. You can go now. Thank you Mr.?" she paused as she realized she didn't know his name.

"I'm Kalen, Kalen Ivanov, and I'm not leaving you here." He whispered.

Her heart pounded as she looked into his eyes. A lone tear fell. "Thank you." She sighed, as she sat down to eat her soup.

Kalen watched her. In his entire life, he never felt the need to completely possess someone like he did Keeley. She did not eat enough, but for now he'd let it go.

He looked around the sparse space and noted the wire bare sofa. This is where she slept. How? He wondered. Keeley talked.

"It wasn't always like this. Gampy worked at his own business for over fifty years. Then the recession hit and customers could no longer pay. He cut back as much as he could until the banks demanded payment. We'd just learned that Gammy was battling cancer. She needed treatments. Gampy mortgaged everything to take care of her. I quit school to find work. It wasn't enough. I found this place, and bought it dirt cheap. We moved in ten years ago. It's not much, but it's ours." Keeley explained.

Then she frowned. Why did she feel the need to explain anything to this man? He was a stranger. Why did she agree to let him fly her and her grandparents to Texas? She didn't know him.

Kalen could sense her doubt, and wanted to calm her. Soothing her racing thoughts, he willed her to sleep. As she dozed, he placed her on the sofa and made an important call.

Javon was in his study. He was hiding out. His youngest daughter was driving him, Thaddeus, and Blaine insane. It didn't help that his oldest grandchild was often in on the plans with her. Elise decided that after she practically raised Ares, Aria and Vince, he would have the joys of handling this brood.

His phone rang. "Hello, Kalen, I'm surprised to hear from you." He answered. "Has something else happened?" he asked, knowing that Christiana just escaped the hands of a kidnapper.

"No and yes. Uncle Javon, I need your help." Kalen paused and then explained the situation.

Javon did not hesitate for a moment. "Bring them, they are welcomed." He answered.

Kalen smiled. He knew he could count on them. He would have taken them home, but they were human. He wasn't sure if they could adapt. Besides, the older ones were so frail, he prayed the trip to Texas wasn't to taxing on them.

He then called his father. "Father, I've met her."

Kale sighed, "It's about time. What coven is she a member of?" he asked.

Kalen sighed, "Neither, she's human. She's also very frail."

Kale grew concerned. Humans were weak. They were constantly dying and carrying diseases. "Kalen, are you sure about this. The fates can be very selective in choosing our mates. Could you be mistaking compassion for something else?"

Kalen was instantly annoyed. He understood that is father did not mean to be offensive, but Keeley was his wife. " I know who she is. Father, I won't abandon her. Keeley Rose is my wife." Kalen insisted.

Kale sighed, "OK, when can we meet her?" Kale asked. He was actually impressed that for once Kalen didn't back down. That was a sure sign that this girl was the one. Kale laughed. Where he encouraged his son to meet people, his Mom was ever so wary. Brenwan Ivanov suffered from the "mother hen syndrome. She would definitely want to meet this young woman. Kale chuckled. "Have you told your mother?" Kale asked.

Kalen sighed, "No, I called you first. I'll send her a message. You know how Mom is."

Kale laughed, "She loves you. You are her baby, remember. I would say something, but you have to tell your mother. I'm staying out of this one."

Kalen laughed, and Keeley looked up. He smiled at her and she visibly relaxed. The two talked a bit more and Kalen explained that he was taking them to Loess falls. Kale understood, and told him they would look out for them. Brenwan entered and Kalen told her about Keeley. Brenwan knew right away, if this girl was at Loess Falls, then she would visit often to make sure she recovered.

The family disconnected as Kalen resumed watch over the other half of his soul. He thought about Rosita and laughed. She was right. "He'd met his wife and she threw him for a loop."

*****

Rosita joined Nials in his private rooms. He held his mate close and they talked.

"So, tell me about your pack." She queried.

"Well, our family is not very big. Alpha Nyric and Madam Alpha Chandra have ruled since the joined over two centuries ago. My mother was a widow and going rogue when Madam Alpha found us and took us home. Mom was a servant for many years and she trained me." Nials explained.

We're as close as can be. Not like finishing each other's thoughts close, but we look out for each other. I'm head theta in the pack. I am in charge of all service positions. That's one of the reason the alpha sent me here to help supervise the gala." Nials explained.

Rosita sighed, "Amazing, and so humble. I am so lucky to have found you."

Nials smiled, "No, I'm blessed. I knew who you were the moment I laid eyes on you. Then that bloodsucker hugged you. I wanted to strange him." He admitted.

Rosita laughed, "Kalen is like a pesky younger brother. He likes to think he's older than me, but I can bring him down a peg or two." She sighed, "He said you were jealous. I thought he was crazy."

"Babe, I know you think of him as a cousin, but all I saw was another male touching the woman I was falling in love with." Nials explained.

"So you know how I felt every time one of these women stopped you for something. Did they really have to touch you so much? I mean seriously, I wanted to break some of their arms off." She added blushing.

Nials laughed, "Ah, my vicious little vixen. That turns me on knowing you wanted to dismember other women over me." He growled and rolled her beneath him. "You never have to worry about them or anyone else." Rosa sighed as her mate took time to lay claim in her delectable frame.

Nials stood and removed his robe. Rosita was riveted. Her mate was a sight to behold. She reached for him.

"Don't move. Don't lift a finger. Let me taste." Nials murmured.

"Lay back, he ordered and she complied. He kneeled above her slowly licking her skin. Leaving a wet trail up her thighs as he body heated yearning for his touch.

"Open your legs, babe." He whispered as he stood and admired her center. "Beautiful, and mine," he growled as he tasted her weeping slit. Rosita grabbed his hair moaning only for him. Slowly, he licked her nectar, nipping her folds.

"Nials, please." Rosita moaned.

"Hush, wife, I'm indulging." Nials ordered.

Rosita closed her eyes, as her husband loved her with his extraordinarily long tongue.

Unable to stand more, Rosita screamed as her world went black.. She awoke in Nials arms as he wore a smirk on his face.

Rosita laughed. "Oh love, when I regain my strength. I'm making you scream."

"I'm looking forward to it." Nials replied. "I can't wait.

*****

"Wait, you want me to go back to Tennessee?" Christiana asked Navarro. She was confused.

They had just found each other. She felt happy for the first time in her life. She not only felt happy, she wanted to share her happiness with everyone else, and he wanted her to go home.

"When the gala ends, I have to go someplace and I can't risk you, so you're going home to wait for me." Navarro explained. This was so much easier to explain to her father than to his wife.

Christiana crossed her arm. Becoming upset, Navarro faced her. To be honest, he liked pissing her off. "No, I'm going with you." She insisted.

Navarro smiled. He liked that. She wanted to be with him no matter what, but this was his family and last time they were very reserved towards him. Christiana did not understand. Her family accepted her. He just wanted to talk to Oman and see if he could help with this demon that was trying to take her soul.

"Christiana, this is not up for discussion. I've already addressed your father and he agreed. You're going home." Navarro insisted.

"You what?" She asked. Her mood was growing darker. Navarro took a step back. Having witnessed the darkness earlier, he could tell it was trying to resurface.

"Yes, I talked with Corliss. We agreed that you would be safer at home." He explained,

Christiana smiled. However, her eyes were still pissed. He knew what would happen next.

Father, a word please. Christiana sent.

Christy, what is it love? Corliss asked concerned. She would be home in a few days, but if she needed him he was there.

Daddy, did you and my husband agree that I am returning to Tennessee and not going with him? She asked extremely calm.

Corliss took a deep breath. Christiana rarely asked questions, but he could tell that she was very upset.

Yes, you should come home love. Here you won't be upset and Navarro can take care of the things he needs to do at home. Corliss replied.

What things, Father? She asked.

Corliss sputtered. He wasn't sure how much Navarro had revealed about his family and it wasn't his place to say anything. Sweetheart, he'll tell you. Your mother needs me. Love, I'll see you in a few days. Bye sweetness, He blocked his thoughts.

Christiana smiled. Navarro grew nervous. Father thought he could evade her. Not happening. Mother, please help me. Father and my husband are forcing me to come home. I don't think that's fair. she sent to Cantar.

What? Let me talk to your father. She disconnected.

Christy faced her husband who now didn't look so smug and smiled. "I'm going with you. Whatever it is, we will face together." She explained.

FUCK! thought Navarro. In the short time he'd been with her Christiana was very protective of him. If she went home, and someone treated him with disdain, she would react. Yet, he wanted to be with her. His animal was floating on cloud nine.

Meanwhile, Corliss was trying to reason with his mate, when Cantar said something that silenced him. "She needs him, like I needed you. He can help her overcome the darkness Corliss, and if his people are who I think, that evil won't win. She needs to go."

Corliss sighed. Cantar had to relieve herself, and he made a quick call. Navarro already knew.

"I know, my wife goes with me. I knew we'd lose the moment she turned those angry grey eyes on me." He answered his father-in-law's call.

Corliss smiled. "Yes, the Ivanov women do have an intense stare. She's happy. I've never seen her so relaxed and happy. She needs you Navarro. Think of this as a honeymoon."

Navarro laughed. A honeymoon? The things he wanted to do with his wife. Yes, a trip would be a great way to learn about and explore each other.

Not waiting a minute, Navarro leaned over and kissed her. Christiana lost herself in his kiss. One thing he knew, he was hers and she would follow him everywhere he wanted to lead.

"Christiana, you are exquisite. You are everything to me. So I want you to come and meet my family. My people though are wary of our kind. If I feel we need to leave then we go. If they make you uncomfortable, then we go. My cousin Oman asked me to visit. He and his wife Mia are expecting me. I'll let them know my wife is joining us." He paused.

"Why are your people wary of you?" she asked.

"Years ago, our Shaman vanished. He was pure evil and the leaders said my mother brought the scourge to our people when she sold her soul to the devil. The banned her and when father died, would not either of us return home.

Uncle Keamon found me before he died and I visited. As soon as I entered the town, the people knew. Although, Uncle Keamon was welcoming, it hurt being rejected by my people. But I must go back there now." Navarro explained.

"Why?" Christiana asked, but she knew.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers
12