New Beginnings Ch. 06

Story Info
Nials and Rosita settle in; Lilim plots.
4.9k words
4.79
6.6k
8

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/06/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please share your thoughts.

All characters in this story are above the age of consent. Just a heads up, this story will end soon. I will write one or possibly two more chapters. Thank you for reading.

Iread2relax

Chapter 6

At Welbern, Nials awoke early. He had duties and needed to make sure people were in place. Rosita got up and joined him. He smiled. For the first time in his life, he wanted to shirk his duties.

"I want to go with you?" Rosita whispered.

Nials smiled, "No, you rest. It's just making sure everyone is in place."

Rosa looked pensive. Nials smiled. "Come on, woman. Get dressed."

Rosa smiled and dressed to join her mate.

Nials had a lot of ground to cover. He started in the kitchen. Everyone greeted him, but got straight to work. The head cook, spoke with him and Rosita quietly. Rosita was amazed at the respect her mate garnered and the pure adoration many had for him. It sis not get past her though at a few if the females glared at her angrily. Not missing a beat, Rosita simply smiled and placed lopped her arm around her mate.

A few of the males noticed how they were acting and glared at the women. The females looked away and went to work. Then he had to check the alpha home, daycare, maintenance, and several other places. Nials noticed that Rosita was unusually quiet. Something was bothering her.

"What's wrong?" He asked

"The females here want you. Did you ever ...?" She paused. What he did before joining with her was not her business.

Nials sighed, "I will never lie to you. I've been with several of the women here. They weren't that serious, and most did not want anyone else to know that they'd been with me. I'm not that great of a catch, but that's over now. You have nothing to worry about where they are concerned."

Rosita smiled, He spoke the truth. She hoped that the women would realized he was taken and back off.

They arrived at the daycare. The cleaners were putting in supplies and Nials had questions. They explained that they were a bit lax but they would get back in top of things. Nials was about to reprimand them when Rosita took his hand. He calmed, and smiled. The workers were relieved. It seems the new Madam theta was just what their ticked-off boss needed.

They left the daycare, stopped by the elder care building, and then checked the stables, garages, and maintenance offices. Nials had so much responsibility, Rosita could understand why he was so serious all of the time. As they walked to the alpha home, Rosa noticed that several betas were returning from a run. The men joked with Nials and told him he should join them some mornings.

Nials smiled and refused. Rosita listened, but she heard the slightest hint of doubt in her mate's refusal. The betas then faced her, and introduced themselves. They were gregarious and friendly, and Nials began to grow a bit uncomfortable with the males addressing his mate. His hold on Rosita tightened. His body tensed.

The males sensed his displeasure and backed off. As Nials and Rosita walked away, they talked. Nials was no longer a theta. He was a beta and Alpha Nyric needed to order him to take the post.

"Nials, what was that?" Rosita asked. Nials gave her a stern look. Rosita laughed, "No, you'll find you can't make me cower. Now what was that about?" She demanded.

Nials sighed. He didn't want to appear weak in her eyes, "Nothing. I find I don't like sharing my mate." He added.

Rosita laughed, but knew he was avoiding giving her an answer. Not willing to let him placate her, she asked again. "No really? What was that?"

Nials sighed, "Rosita, it's nothing. Come on, didn't Madam Alpha Chandra want us with them for breakfast." He tried to deflect.

Rosita stopped. Nials was still talking and realized she had gone silent. "Am I the problem, Nials?"

"Babe, no. It's not that." He explained. Nials looked around. He spent his life projecting an image. Members of his pack respected him, and he never doubted himself as much as he did in front of this beautiful woman. Her father, brother, even her brother-in-laws were betas, yet he was theta, much lower in rank. In her pack, she was a junior beta as well. His rank brought her down, but she didn't seem to care about that. How can I tell her without sounding like a wuss? Nials thought.

"Then what is it? If you don't want me talking to anyone, fine. Just don't hide the truth from me." She whispered.

"The betas like to mess with me. They've been doing so for years. I'm not sure why, but I refuse to let them set me up." Nials stated.

Rosita froze. Her Grandfather Benson lost his life because a group of overzealous betas. His death led to a rough time in her family. Rosita froze. "Nials, what do they do to you?" She asked nervously.

Nials saw the fear in her eyes, and he had heard of the things that happened long ago. He sighed, "Babe, it's not that serious. I'm just supersensitive, that's all. When I was a pup, I wanted to be a beta more than anything. When Alpha Nyric made me theta, I was crushed. My mom told me there was nothing wrong with being theta and I decided to be the best. For years, I've tried to exude excellence in my post. The guys mean well, but I'm not a beta." He concluded sadly.

She got it, his nervousness at meeting her fathers, the way he was always so serious, the fact that he never seemed to relax, made sense to her now. He felt inferior. Rosita smiled. "Love, well, it's just a title. You are my King. You are everything I've always wanted and never thought I'd find. Never doubt yourself Nials. You are so much more than you think." She kissed his lips gently.

Soon they were at the alpha home and entered quietly. Nials took a moment to kiss his new bride properly, and make sure she knew just how much she meant to him. Just as Rosita proceeded to melt into her mate, a voice interrupted the happy couple as the alpha couple joined them. Soon, they adjourned to the private dining room the alpha home for breakfast.

As they talked, the alphas got to known their newest pack member. Both were pleasantly surprised to see Nials relaxed and not so buttoned down as well. Madam Alpha Chandra was fascinating to Rosita. She was familiar with Madam alphas because of her relationships with madam Elise and her stepmom, madam Iyoka. She had no problem submitting to her leadership immediately.

Chandra was equally impressed and could see why Nials adored Rosita. The girl was small, and had a spirit about her that lifted her everyone around her. The Madam Alpha realized that she wanted to really get to know her, and of course find out about how she recognized Nials as her mate. He quite literally was the packs most elusive, reclusive bachelor.

Chandra wanted to walk, so she and Rosita left the men alone and journeyed to her garden Rosita loved it, and Chandra simply laughed. Soon, some of the other women journeyed from their post and the women just chatted. Soon, Nyric and Nials came out to find them and the women scurried back to work.

Rosita frowned. Her mate was too serious. He needed to smile more.

Nyric and Nials talked quietly. As Nyric and Nials talked, Nyric wondered how to share some important information with the stoic male. Soon, Nyric decided to just tell him. "Nials, you will be moving. Your apartment will belong to Madge and her daughter. Madge is now head theta. You've been elevated. You and your mate are being relocated to Belfast Lane."

Nials froze. Rosita grew concerned. "Alpha Nyric, I'm not sure..."

"Yes, well I am. You have been beta for decades now. You just refused to let me elevate you. Well, now you have no choice. The pack demands it, as your alpha I demand it, and your mate deserves no less. I decree you, Beta Nials Sommerville. Your ceremony will be held in a few days." Alpha Nyric declared.

Rosita was quiet. She searched their bond to find that he was stunned. Then he smiled. Rosita laughed and hugged him, congratulating her mate. Chandra and Nyric were stunned at the raw emotion that leaked from the quiet stoic man. Nyric and Chandra smiled. This was good. This was right. Nials Sommerville was finally taking his rightful place.

*****

Pastor Henry prayed. As he prayed, two deacons stopped by. "Pastor, those people are not right. Are you sure fooling with them is wise?" One asked.

Pastor Henry sighed. He was old and growing tired. People needed to let stuff go. Will we ever grow beyond this small-mindedness? He wondered. Pastor Henry sighed. He had to help them to understand. "When I was a boy, my cousin visited from Mississippi. He didn't come here for fun. He came to save his life. You see, back then black men were killed for sport. So my momma agreed to let him come here. He was always into something. One day, he wandered into the forest and walked up on old frank. Frank was mad; a black boy interfered in his ceremony. He was gone shoot him. I ran out and begged for his life. He wasn't listening. He pointed his gun at us when a huge wolf charged and knocked him down. We ran. I looked back, and I saw Alpha Jermiyo fighting him. It was then that I decided that it was not my place to judge. God made all creatures. If God made them, then I will do his will and help them." He added emphatically.

The deacons nodded. They were ready to help the pastor in any way that they could. The wolves they could accept, but the bloodsuckers, they were not so sure. Henry smiled. "Not so long ago, people didn't see us as human, did they? In some places blacks are still struggling. Keep that in mind, gentlemen." He paused to let them think. The men were pensive, then they seemed to get what he was saying.

*****

Everyone arrived back at Oman and Mia's home. Kalen and Christiana faced Keeley. Everyone was quiet. Finally, Kiana spoke. "What are you?"

Keeley faced her. She smiled. "I'm Keeley. Just Keeley. Gammy and Gampy told me I had special gifts and they taught to use my gifts wisely. I have the gift to discern spirits, and I can help. I know it's strange, but please let me help my family, and I promise to never bother any of you again." She added facing Oman, Alpha JaMal, and the others.

Kalen moved. Christy spoke. "Her name! You know her name."

Keeley faced them. "It came to me. After Gammy and Gampy said goodbye, it just came to me. Christy, she knows her time will end soon. Stay strong, she will try to harm you."

Kalen stiffened. "We'll stop her."

Keeley smiled, "How? She's a spirit. She is inside your cousin. Christy has to force her to leave. I'm here and I will help." Everyone was silent. Keeley closed her eyes. Lilim would need a new host. The adults could resist her, but a child would be an easy target. Kajika was at risk. "The baby, send him to visit your friends. She will look for a new host. A baby would be perfect for her. Kalen, we need to force her to surface. Call your Uncle. Her hatred of him will force her to surface. We don't have much time. She's stunned that I called her by name, but she will regroup."

Navarro stood. "Is Christy in danger? I won't stand here and allow her to be harmed."

Keeley looked at him and smiled. "Navarro, you are just the strong male we will need. Oman, Jamal, Marcus, and Kiana we need to surround her. Lilim needs to be called out and the Uncle will do the trick."

Within seconds, Gernick Ivanov appeared. Ja'Mal tensed. Marcus and the other wolves recognized the vampire as old and powerful.

"What's wrong?" Gernick demanded.

Christy smiled, "Uncle Gernick, um. I need your help.'

Gernick looked directly at Navarro. "Really, don't worry Christy. We will take care of your problem." Navarro grew tense.

Kalen spoke, "Grandma's spirit is inside of Christiana."

Gernick froze, "Esmeralda? Are you saying she still exists?"

He faced Christy and she shook. She opened her mouth and the darkness addressed Gernick.

You this is your fault! You did this. You took my family from me. She hissed.

Gernick's eyes bled black. "Esmeralda, I will rid the world of you once and for all." He grabbed Christy, and the demon laughed.

"Uncle Gernick, stop." Christy called, snapping him out of his thoughts. Gernick held her in a your grip. He'd force Essie out if he had too. Navarro moved immediately to force Gernick away from his wife.

"Christiana, I'm sorry. I never meant..." Gernick gasped as Navarro shoved him away, gathering Christy in his arms. He glared at her uncle. Gernick was mortified. Christiana instinctively moved to her uncle, hugging him. She had to make sure he knew she wasn't harmed. She sent reassuring thoughts to her mate. Kalen stepped in and his presence helped calm the moment even more.

The spirit was buried inside of his niece. They had to force it out. Garrick, Kale, Krill, the bitch is back. he sent angrily.

His brothers answered immediately. Garrick and Kale were ready to join him. Gernick then called Cantar. She was sleeping, so he reached out to Corliss.

The Darkness laughed. Gernick, you pathetic creature, you will rue the day you crossed me. You want me gone, Gernick. I'll go, but I'm not going alone. She's mine. To kill me you kill her. You had no problem with Esmeralda being killed. Can you kill your own flesh and blood? The spirit taunted.

Gernick looked at the dark spirit that ruined his life. She smirked at him. He hated it. Then he laughed. Essie, you are so foolish. How many lives have you destroyed trying to hurt me? You ruined your own life, not us. It's time for you to go.

You laugh now, but before this time tomorrow you will feel my wrath. The spirit sent.

Keeley entered. The spirit quaked. Gernick was surprised. He looked at the small girl, this girl that captivated his nephew.

Kalen moved to her side as a Navarro checked on Christy. Christy smiled at her uncle. "Christiana, I'm sorry. I've always told you to come to me." Gernick chastised. Christy smiled, and everyone relaxed.

"Uncle Gernick, I know." Navarro waited, she took his hand. "We will stop her. She won't plague our family for long." She whispered. Gernick glared at her new husband. Navarro faced him and Gernick was impressed. He heard of him, and never thought he'd meet this young man. Having him become part of the family was a bonus. If he could help eradicate this darkness, then Gernick would owe him a debt.

He faced Navarro, "We have to take care of this issue first, but when we're done, we talk." Navarro nodded.

Oman spoke, drawing everyone's attention. Please everyone. Let's rest. He faced Ja'Mal. "Alpha, I request permission that my wife and son seek asylum at the compound?" Mia began to protest, but Oman continued. "Mia, you and Kajika are my life. I can't risk you. This fight is not physical, but spiritual. I need to be here, but I won't be if I am afraid for you and our son. Go, protect him. This will be over soon."

"Oman, you expect me to go. You want me to walk away and not stand by your side." Mia stared to say more when Kiana spoke.

"Little Sister, I'm here. I will lay down my life for your husband. No one will harm my brother."

"Besides, Kajika needs you with him." Quentin added. "Girl, you know my nephew is one devious little guy. He'll drive those poor women crazy at the compound." Everyone chuckled.

Gernick watched and he knew, these people were now a part of his family. No creature here would ever suffer without the wrath of the Ivanovs coming against their enemies. Love, what's going on? Nicolette sent.

Nicki, Christiana has the most amazing people around her. I will deal with this threat once and for all, but these wolves and these people are now ours to protect as well. Gernick replied.

Do you need me? Nicolette asked.

Gernick smiled. His Nicki was always there; always ready to defend her family. He was so proud to learn that she and the other women trained the younger females. The women of the Ivanov Clan were strong, powerful. This evil had no idea what she was now up against.

Love, come. Gernick sent.

The air shimmered and the beautiful blond appeared. Christiana smiled a beatific smile. The scowl on her aunt's face spoke volumes. Then right before heading to his father's car, Kajika ran into the room. He saw Nicolette and smiled. The cute little scamp caught her attention. He reminded her of Jonathan when he was so small. She winked at the little boy and he giggled. Mia emerged with Kiana helping her carry their overnight cases.

The men moved immediately to help them load the truck. Oman kissed his wife and son and told Kajika to be good. Then, Oman watched as Jacob drove his wife and child away. Nicki didn't like it. "I promise you this. They will be home soon." She whispered. Gernick moved to hold his wife. Nicolette was fierce. She was a formidable foe, but this fight wasn't physical.

"Hello, Mrs. Ivanov, I'm so honored to meet you." Navarro greeted her. Every vampire worth their name knew who Nicolette Ivanov was. Her husband was feared, but she was the topic of legends. She faced her new nephew and smiled. He was handsome. He was also extremely intelligent and doubly gifted.

"Navarro, it is my honor to meet someone who has lived in the shadows for many decades." She smiled. "I see you've been wonderfully blessed to have my niece as your wife." She added, smiling.

Navarro blushed. Not many people could get a reaction out of him, but this was Nicolette Ivanov. Gernick laughed, as the Darkness regained her equilibrium. She decided to wait. They were here to destroy her, but she was taking as many people as she could with her. They would win, but not before she landed a fatal blow.

Please just go away. Your time has ended. Why continue on this path? Christy questioned.

You know. Don't worry. We will both be at peace soon. Too bad you'll die before having him though. I would love to sample him. The last guy you chose was awful. Lilim laughed. Christy felt she was done. To get rid of this spirit she had to die too. She looked at Navarro.

He looked up. Her thoughts were too dark. He frowned. "She can't have you." He whispered. Christy nodded. Praying that what her mate said was true.

*****

Keeley took a moment. As the others talked, she walked out. Her grandparents were gone. They were at peace now. She had to focus. Steeling her resolve, Keeler decided to focus on the entity that hurt so many.

She prayed for strength, wisdom. "Keeley, I'm here." Kalen whispered as he held her close.

"I can't believe they left me here." She whispered.

Kalen's heart broke even more. "They loved you, Keeley. They loved you so much. It's alright to grieve. Let me your strength now."

Keeley held on to him even tighter. For a moment, it was only the two of them. Soon, Keeley was once again in control of her emotions. "Kalen, Lilim is deadly. She will try to destroy Christy. She feeds off of mayhem. Your uncle, what is his story? Who is Esmeralda?"

"She was my grandmother. She hated everyone, Uncle Gernick most of all. She poisoned grandfather. She poisoned mom, Aunt Cantar, and others. She hated everyone in our family." Kalen paused.

Keeley held him close.

"Let's go back. Lilim awakes." Keeley whispered.

They entered. And the air grew chilled. Nicolette was instantly alerted. Keeley and Kalen shared a look. Navarro moved to Christy. Gernick, Nicki faced Christy. The Darkness stared at the two of them, but did not speak. Soon, she retreated, and everyone relaxed for a moment.

Cantar awoke with a start. Her daughter was in danger. The demon would try and take her. Corliss knew the moment she awoke. He held his wife and unborn son. Gernick had sent earlier that he keep Cantar and the baby safe.

"Hey, sweetness, I think you need to sleep in today. No working, and that's an order." Corliss teased, knowing what it took to distract his wife. However, today she was worried. "Okay."

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12