New Job: New Beginning Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“Did you show him plenty of leg?” She kidded.

“I sure did”. I replied, laughing at her smart remark.

Mom’s always been quick to make smart remarks. She and dad divorced a couple of years back. Mom stays upbeat about it. She’s close to forty but she could easily pass for thirty. She hasn’t dated anyone that I’m aware of. Not many single guys her age group in our little town. I have a feeling she gets depressed about being alone but she’s good at hiding her true emotions.

I drove back to the apartment, figuring I’d fix Dan and I a nice dinner to celebrate my new job. I walked to the bedroom closet to pick out an outfit for tomorrow. I don’t have a lot of nice clothes so the pickins’ were slim. I chose another skirt and blouse to wear tomorrow. With the money I’d be making, I’d probably have to spend some of it on new clothes for work.

Dan got home from work, ate the nice meal I’d fixed and went in the livingroom to spend the rest of the evening in his recliner. He didn’t say much, didn’t even compliment me on the nice dinner I’d prepared. It pissed me off but I didn’t say anything. I wasn’t in the mood for an argument. I was still upbeat about getting the job in Pueblo.

I went to bed early getting up about 5:30 the next morning. Dan was still in bed. I hadn’t even heard in climb in next to me. I slept very sound, not having to worry about finding a job. I showered and got dressed. I combed my hair and started putting on my make-up. Dan woke up and came into the bathroom. He stood there watching me get ready. He had a smirk on his face like he was about to say something smart. I wasn’t going to let anything he said get to me, not on my first day at my new job. He stayed silent just watching me. I finished, grabbed my handbag and headed for the door. I shouted “bye” to him but Dan never replied. “Fuck him” I thought as I headed out the door and down the stairs to my car.

I stopped at the gas station to fill up and grab a cup of coffee. The girl at the counter complimented me on my outfit. I told her about the new job over in Pueblo I was going to. She congratulated me and wished me luck. I drove along the highway taking my time. I’d left early just to get away from Dan. I got into Pueblo early, not as much traffic on the streets as yesterday I noticed. I pulled up in front of the garage door and took the remote control from my handbag. The door opened and I drove in. The remote must have turned on the fluorescent lights hanging from the ceiling. The garage area was all lit up. I parked next to a pickup truck I figured was Derek’s. There were some cars with covers on them farther down the wall. Guess they were being stored there. I got out of the car and hit the remote control again to close the door. Damn, I’d shut myself in! I started to hit the remote again when I heard the elevator coming down. I’d forgotten about the elevator. I walked through the garage when I saw it come down to the garage level. I opened the gate and stepped in. It was simple to operate, Up button, Down Button. I pushed the Up button and held it in. The elevator lifted upwards. When I got to the second floor, I spotted Derek waiting on me.

He smiled. “Good Morning! I forgot to tell you how the elevator works, see you figured it out for yourself alright though”

“Good Morning!” I replied.

I smiled at him. It was good to see someone besides me smiling this morning. Derek saw the coffee in my hand and told me he’d just made a fresh pot back in the studio if I wanted to refill my cup. I followed him into the studio and spotted the coffee maker in front of the computer room. I took the lid off my cup, tossing it in trashcan underneath the table. Derek filled my cup then poured himself a cup. He complimented me on my outfit and hairstyle. His compliments were very sincere and I thanked him for mentioning it. Dan never paid me any compliments, can’t remember when he’d ever said anything nice.

“Well, let’s get started shall we?” He said.

I followed him into the room of computers. Derek went to each of the three computers and booted them up. He sat down in front of one. I pulled my chair next to his. He showed me some of the basics of the software he was using to enhance and finish the digital still pictures. It seemed a little complicated at first but I could see changes in the pictures every time he clicked the mouse. He took his time with me so I could absorb the information. I listened intently to everything he said. Derek worked with me for over an hour showing me a few little tricks and do’s and don’ts

“Think you’ve got the hang of it?” He asked.

“I think I’ve got a good idea how it works” I replied.

I was lieing through my teeth and Derek knew it. We both laughed. We switched chairs and I sat down in front of the monitor. Derek had set up some digital material for me to practice on so I wouldn’t have a catastrophe right off. I clicked on several of the icons and moved the mouse around but wasn’t having any luck getting the program to cooperate. He tried talking me through it but I was still having problems. Derek put his hand on mine and started guiding me to the icons and then over to the digital picture. I tensed at first when he touched me but quickly relaxed when I saw the picture changing. I got a really big smile on my face when I got the results I was looking for. Derek kept his hand on mine. He hands were warm and gentle. I liked his hand resting on top of mine. We worked for about thirty minutes on several pictures, mostly pictures of buildings and a few landscape shots.

The phone rang and Derek went to answer it. He came back a few minutes later. I could always tell where he was by the sound of his footsteps on the hardwood floors. Derek stood behind me and watched me go through several pictures. I was really getting the hang of it. He complimented me on my skill and quick improvement. I rejoiced inwardly, thanking him. Derek asked if I wanted another cup of coffee. I told him I had enough and excused myself to use one of the bathrooms. When I returned Derek was on the telephone with one of his models. I surmised he was scheduling a session for later this morning.

“I’ve got a final interview with a new model in about an hour. I need you to be present. Do you mind?”

I shook my head “no” I didn’t mind at all. I’d be happy to help anyway I could. My reply made him smile. I continued working on the computer, having a lot of fun working with the program. I heard Derek walk down the steps and then come back up. I figured he gone down to unlock the door. He entered the computer lab watched me for awhile before going upstairs to his apartment. I could hear him walking around above me.

I heard someone enter the building and begin climbing the stairs to the second floor. I left the computer and hurried across the studio to see who it was. I heard Derek’s footsteps coming down from his apartment, wondering why he just didn’t use the elevator.

A young lady, I’d say about my age, was standing in the reception area when I got there. She introduced herself and said she had an appointment with Derek. She was very good looking, dressed very casual in tight jeans and a cropped top t-shirt. She was very sexy; I’ll have to say that. She looked like a model.

Derek entered the office area and the two shook hands. Derek directed her into the studio and motioned for me to follow. I followed the two of them as they walked toward one of the dressing rooms. Derek gave her some instructions and closed the door. Derek and I walked back to the center of the room waiting for the young girl to come out. The girl came out of the dressing room wearing a skimpy bikini, her breasts barely covered. I bit my lip as I watched her saunter across the floor to us. She had high heels on and they clicked as she walked. Derek walked over to a nearby table and picked up one of the cameras. He motioned for her to some casual poses on a large platform covered with drapery. She struck a few poses, moving around and having to adjust the top of her bikini a couple of times. I stood there with my arms crossed watching Derek shoot the pictures of her.

“OK, let’s do one more outfit.” Derek requested.

The girl walked back to the dressing room. When she closed the door, Derek asked me what I thought of her. I didn’t really know what to say so I just made the remark that she was very beautiful and sexy. He didn’t react to my statement. The girl came back out of the dressing room again. This time she was just wearing panties and bra. Derek motioned towards the platform again and he shot a short series of pictures.

“OK, that should do it for that outfit”. He told her. The girl stood up and unhooked her bra, slipping it off. She tossed it to the edge of the platform. My eyes bulged a little watching her be so nonchalant about exposing her breasts. She hooked her fingers in the elastic of the panties and pushed them down her legs. She stepped out of them, tossing them on top of the bra. She struck a few poses while Derek shot a few pictures. She’d shaven all her pubic hair off. It allowed us to see a full view of her pussy. I bit my lip as I watched her pose and spread her legs. She cupped her breasts and played with her nipples till they became erect. She put her foot up on the platform and put her hand down between her legs. It looked like she might have even been playing with herself. She had her eyes almost closed. I was frozen not able to move as I watched her. Derek told her he’d shot enough pictures, she could get dressed. She walked past us towards the dressing room. I could almost feel the heat radiating off her body. Maybe it was my body that was radiating, not hers. Derek pulled the little blue media chip out of the camera and put it in his shirt pocket. He looked over at me standing with my arms still folded. I must have looked a little flushed. He asked if I was alright. I told him I was fine, never better. The girl came out of the dressing room, fully dressed and walked over to us. Derek thanked her for coming in and told her we’d be getting in touch with her within the next couple of days. She shook hands again and I walked her to the top of the steps. She turned and smiled at me, thanking me for taking the time to photograph her. I went back into the studio as the girl started down the steps. Everything had been so casual, so nonchalant, I was totally amazed.

“Time for something to eat.” Derek announced. “I’m getting hungry, how about you?”

I hadn’t realized the morning had passed so quickly. I agreed with Derek, eating something sounded good. We walked down the steps then towards the little corner café we’d been in yesterday. We even sat at the same table in the café. We talked about the software program I was working with and a few other programs I would need to learn. I was curious about his working with models but didn’t want to ask questions in case it was something not my business.

After lunch we left the café but headed farther up the street instead of back to the studio. We stopped in at a little hardware store and Derek pulled a handfull of keys from his pocket giving them to the clerk to have duplicated.

“You’ll need these to let yourself in if I’m not there when you show up in the mornings.” He informed me.

Derek paid for the keys and purchased a key fob to put them on. I thanked him and slipped the keys in my handbag.

We walked back up the street towards the studio, stopping to look in the windows at a little pet shop with puppies in the window. We tapped on the glass and they jumped up at us. It was a great afternoon.

The rest of the afternoon I spent answering the phone, getting acclimated with the office and going over Derek’s schedule. Derek was in the storage area repairing some props. I walked through the studio, noticing the panties and bra left on the platform. I picked them up and asked Derek what he wanted to do with them. He told me there was a laundry hamper in the clothes storage room; I could toss them in there. Before tossing them in the hamper I checked them out. They were lacy, very sexy, probably not very cheap either, I thought. Nothing I could really afford.

12