New Life Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm not so little anymore if you hadn't noticed."

"Oh I noticed but you still bad. I'm gay not blind..."

"Yeah I'm glad you finally let that cat out of the bag," she said with that giggle again and this time I allowed myself to laugh too.

"So you knew huh?"

"Of course I knew," she said and looked at me like I was crazy. "You wasn't fooling nobody with that lame ass kiss."

"Thanks for not telling on me," I said and she smiled, shook her head.

"I was a bitch but I wasn't evil."

"Don't let her fool you Nev," Brion interrupted from his chair. "She hinted like a mufucka every time I brought you up."

"But I never outright said, 'hey ya boy is in love with you,' did I...aight then," she said with a quick roll of her neck and I couldn't help laughing at their bickering. I could only imagine what their marriage was like. "When you're all better promise you'll come visit."

"How awkward will that be visiting my ex-wife with my mans..."

"Who said you were invited," she said with sucked teeth but we both heard the joke in it.

"Aight lil mama I'll do that..."

"We'll do that," Brion interjected and put his head in front of mine to lick his tongue out at Soliel and she responded in kind. I pushed Brion's head away and he mumbled something about having both of us and I shook my head.

"I'm so glad you're better Neville. Really I am. You're in my prayers."

"Thank you."

"Okay boys be good and keep me posted of your progress." She blew us both a kiss and disconnected.

"Did hell freeze over while I was out," I said shaking my head and Brion laughed heartily.

"Naw bruh you can ask that if Pru come in here inviting you to her prayer circles," he said as he put his laptop away. "I know what you mean bruh. That is definitely not the girl I married, or the one I divorced for that matter."

"I'm sure she could say the same about you."

"True enough, bruh, true enough," he said as he sat down on the edge of my bed. He picked my good side and I put my arm around his back, my hand slipped up under his t-shirt to draw circles with my fingertips. He seemed a little softer around the middle but I didn't comment. I didn't much mind either. "I can't wait to get you home," he said and I noticed a bulge growing in his sweat pants.

"Let me see it."

"Quit playing," he said with sucked teeth and tried to push my hand away but I held onto his waistband. He could have gotten me off him easily but he didn't seem that determined, enjoying my touch.

"Come on, just a little peek," I said as I pushed my fingers down into his boxers to grab a nice handful of the ass I loved. To be honest that's really what I wanted to see but I didn't want to risk an erection with the tube running up my shaft.

"Just a peek, no touching," he said with a raised eyebrow and I pulled my hand back. He smirked and stood up, shaking his head. "You're a mess."

"Hey a brotha deserves a little incentive," I said, then let out a soft moan as he pulled his hardon free up over his waistband. Brion gave it a few strokes, releasing a short stream of clear precum which he wiped away with his thumb. "Please," I begged and he smirked as he slipped his finger into my mouth.

"Aight now go to sleep," he said as he pulled his finger out of my mouth and gave my rough beard a stroke. Brion lean down and kissed me softly, gave my bottom lip a nibble before he pulled away. But he didn't go back to the chair, instead he cranked me down and went to unfold the couch. Wrapped up in his blanket it wasn't long before he was asleep.

I didn't have it so easy. My mind raced at all the changes going on around me but my anxiety wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I was just unsure of what the next day might bring. Everything was so new. Bright. But there was a little doubt tugging at the back of my mind. I was in a good space before and that nearly saw my end. Maybe it wasn't as good as I thought. Maybe I needed this last bit of struggle to truly face that last bit of self-doubt. To see how much I meant to those around me. To prove that Brion really did want more than a friendship, that I wasn't a disappointment to my father. Proof that they loved me. Or maybe it was for them, but I hated to think that I was used as a pawn in a cosmic game of fate. With all this on my mind, I barely slept and was wide awake when the doctor came in the next morning.

"So we're getting rid of those last tethers today right big guy," Dr. Steinerman said with a fist pump. He was a pretty cool guy, patient, never seemed to be in a rush to get out of my room. Handsome in a straight laced sort of way but he'd let enough swears slip in my presence that I knew he could cut loose when the time was right. "The IV port stays until you get discharged but no more bags so you have to make sure you keep yourself hydrated. Still no showers though until those staples come out in about a week," he said with a smirk. He was teasing me and I let him know how much I appreciated it with a hard look. He laughed and said," Alright, alright let's get to it shall me." He slipped on a pair of gloves and pulled the blankets to one side. Counting back from three he took hold of the tube and pulled it unceremoniously from my dick. "Now the first time you go, there might be a little discomfort but it shouldn't last. And when you do go make sure you do it in the urinal so it gets measured. You can let that breath you been holding out now," he said with a chuckle and I did. "I already changed your diet so you should be getting some food soon. I know you're going to want to bulk back up but take it slow. Give your body time to make these last adjustments. And PT going to start today too, get you up and moving around."

"I thought that already started," I asked between sips of water and he shook his head.

"That was occupational. Just to get you going doing things like standing and washing up on your own. This is going to kick your ass back into gear. I hear your guy over there is a personal trainer so I'm sure he won't mind giving you a little extra homework. Just don't overdo it."

"So when he finally gets out of here," Brion chimed in, shocking both the doctor and I. "Is he going to have to go to a rehab facility?"

"That's completely up to him and how well he does with PT. You're making good progress Neville. I don't want to get your hopes up but I was looking at maybe trying to get you out of here sometime next week. If that shoulder heals the way the rest of your wounds did then it shouldn't be an issue but you have to be able to do a few things first."

"Poop, pee, and walk," Brion said and the doctor laughed.

"Simple as that," he said shaking his head. "Just pace yourself."

I planned on it. The last thing I wanted was to end up back in the ICU because I got over zealous. I was still anxious but there was a more positive spin to it this time around. I looked over at Brion and he smiled at me, came over to sit on the edge of my bed. "So let's get going shall we," he said and I nodded. He got me all set up to wash up in bed, like he had been doing since I woke up. The first few day he did it for me, even brushed my teeth and held the spitune for me to rinse. If that's not love I don't know what is. But as I became more independent, he urged me to do as much on my own as I could. Now all he did was lay everything out for me and left me to it to go into the bathroom to freshen himself up. He left the door open and peeked out every now and then to make sure I was doing okay but that was the extent of his help. "So I brought you shorts, sweats, and a couple of zip up hoodies in case you tired of the johnny altogether. And sneakers too."

"Well let's do the damn thing," I said and he smirked, pulled the table away and helped me get my feet over the edge of the bed. When I started to try and stand he stopped me with a hand on my good shoulder and shook his head.

"Not yet. You not steady enough just yet," he said as he got down in front of me and worked my feet into the shorts. He got them too my knees and put my hand on his shoulder. "Aight you stand I'll pull 'em up the rest of the way."

"No peeking," I said and eased myself up.

"Yeah, whatever bruh. Just don't hold your breathe when you move," he said as he worked my pants up. "Sit," he told me, steadying me with his hands on my hips. "You want to gamble on the hospital food or you want me to go get you something," he asked as he helped me get settled back into the bed and I made a face. "Yeah that's what I thought. Coffee?"

"God yes!"

"Any other requests?"

"Of course but you want me to keep them to myself," I said with a wink and he shook his head.

"You want to try for a piss before I go?"

"Nope I'm still empty as far as I can feel but the bottle's in reach so I should be okay," I said and he nodded, told me he'd be right back.

I took the opportunity of alone time to shut my eyes for a little bit. I had the urge to test my equipment but I thought it best to wait a little bit, let him get over the trauma of invasion before I started beating up on him. Honestly I wanted to wait, something for us to do together. My eyes closed, I allowed my mind to wander back to the last time we were together. I hadn't allowed myself to think too hard about it before, not wanting to remember how it ended. Too afraid that somehow my survival was a dream and if I relived that moment I might change my fate, but I was over that now. I allowed myself to remember how he looked up at me, how his body felt beneath mine, his strong legs around my waist.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have lift off," I said quietly to myself as I admired my hardon. It hurt a little but not enough for me to try and force it down. I still didn't want to risk cumming so eventually after a few moments I willed it away gradually and drifted off with a kool-aid smile on my face.

I woke up to a quick tap tap on my door and in walked my new nurse and a big guy whose face was vaguely familiar. It took me a moment but eventually his name came to me as he recognized me.

"Jeremiah Branch, how the hell are you" I said as I eased myself forward and smiled wide as he came over to my bed. We played football together from pee-wees all the way through high school but he went all the way across country to play and we lost touch.

"Neville Sinclair," he said as he shook my hand and glanced around the room. "Where's your sidekick?" He smirked when he said it and I laughed.

"Don't let him hear you say that."

"I'm just saying I know you guys are...well you started..."

"Yeah," I said with a raised eyebrow, expected something negative but he waved his hand at me.

"Oh stop it, it's 2015. I just don't want to call it something that yall don't approve of....anyway Let Carrie do what she has to, we'll catch up while we work you out," he said looking at the nurse who seemed none too pleased about being overlooked.

"Well that's nice of you Jerry," she said and he rolled his eyes. He hated being called Jerry and I bet she knew it. "Like he said I'm Carrie and I'll be your nurse until seven tonight. How's your pain...1-10?"

"Seven," I said and she gave a stiff nod.

"That's pretty good since you haven't had anything since last night. The Doc's got you on PO percs every six hours. You haven't eaten yet have you?" I shook my head and she frowned a little. "Let me get you some crackers so these stay down. I don't recommend skipping the dose before PT."

"I'll grab 'em so you can finish up," Jeremiah said halfway out the door and Carrie shook her head.

"I see the cath came out too. Have you peed yet?" Again I shook my head. "Any discomfort?"

"Not really."

"0-10?" she said with a raised eyebrow and I chuckled.

"Two," I said with a shrug and smirked a little.

"That's good. Keep drinking though, even if you're not thirsty, so your brain gets used to the urge again. And make sure you do it in the urinal so I can measure it." Loud talking in the hall made us both turn to the door. Carrie went to shut it but Jeremiah came followed by Breeze. "So you guys know each other huh?"

"Yup, he blocked for me almost all our lives..."

"You went to Carter High?"

"Yup, go Bulldogs," I said with a fist pump. "Class of '04."

"Class of '06," she said with a smile. "I'm sure you don't remember me. I was pretty nondescript in high school. My sister was your year though, Abby Curtis...well Branch now," she said with an eye roll and I couldn't hold my laughter.

"That's why you guys seem so friendly," I said and Jeremiah came over and gave her head a rough rub, forcing a few flyaways out of her slick bun.

"What?! You got married," Breeze said as he set down my coffee, a paper bowl, and a bagel on my table.

"Yeah man, couldn't shake her," he said with a wink at Carrie, who sucked her teeth. "Messed around and got her pregnant our sophomore year. We were going to anyway but that just sped it along a little bit," he said as he pulled out his phone. "Dallas is 8 and Mercy is 3," he said of the two little people on his cellphone wallpaper. They were an almost perfect mix of the two of them, though Dallas looked more like his mother and Mercy looked more like her father. "Best thing that ever happened to me those three," he said and I noticed the small smile that came to Carrie's lips at that.

"Get some of that bagel down so you can take your meds and I can excuse myself from this jock fest," she said and I did as she asked.

I know it was probably my imagination but it was the best bagel I'd ever had. No cream cheese, no butter. It wasn't even toasted but fuck if it wasn't delicious. I could hear myself making humming noises as I chewed. I took a long sip of coffee between bites and it was like heaven in my mouth. And Carrie, bless her heart, let me finish eating before she handed me the dixie cup of pills and filled a cup of water for me. I downed it as fast as I could so I could get back to the best breakfast ever, but after a few more sips of coffee I was stuffed. Then there was another familiar feeling.

"I gotta get up," I said in a rush and flipped the blankets off. Carrie rushed back over and grabbed a bin, thinking I was going to throw up. "Naw I gotta pee."

"Well you don't have to get up for that," she said as she handed me the urinal. But I didn't really trust that I could keep it in.

"I think I'd rather stand," I told her and Jeremiah came over to help me up. He held me at my hips as I worked myself out of my shorts and into the mouth of the urinal, not wanting to risk any spillage. Just before my flow started I glanced over at Breeze, sitting on the couch by the window and he winked at me. He'd gotten his peek, maybe not the way either of us wanted but the results was the same. "I haven't pissed in front of this many people since I was locked up," I said when I was done and everybody had a nice laugh. Carrie took the urinal in her gloved hand, eyeballed it then disposed of it.

"Any discomfort," she asked as she washed her hands and I told her zero. "Well that's good news. I'm going to make my rounds. Don't work him too hard Jeremiah. Call me if you need me Neville."

"Alright fun times over," Jeremiah said as he eased me back down to the bed, but he didn't let me lay back down. He raised it a little so my feet were flat on the floor and helped me scoot back a little so my legs were at a 90 degree angle.

We started off simple enough. He had me raise my right arm a few times then made me hold it up for counts of 10 as he applied a little pressure. Then there were the leg lifts. Before long he had me up, and made me stand for a few counts unassisted before he helped me ease back down. I never knew how much work something as simple as standing and sitting might be until this moment. I was sweating and breathing hard by the time he looped a belt around my waist to walk the few paces to the bathroom and back. We did that three times and by the time we were done, I wasn't all that happy to see him anymore.

"You did great for your first go at it," he said as he helped settle me into my recliner. "I want you out of the bed as much as possible. It's only for sleeping now, not for lounging. If you're awake you get your ass in this chair and keep your muscles working, especially your legs and your core. You get those strong again you won't have much trouble moving around. I'll be back tomorrow and we'll see about getting you a crutch or a cane to help with your stability."

"I got a ton of stuff at the house I could bring him," Brion said and Jeremiah raised an eyebrow. "Resistance bands, an exercise ball, stuff like that."

"Ohhhh, aight that'll work," he said with an uneasy chuckle and Brion shook his head. "Personal trainer...that's right."

"I don't even want to know what you thought he meant."

"Hey man, I don't know what you guys are into these days," he said, but I heard the humor in it loud and clear. Brion didn't, but I cooled his venom with a look. "A little work on the ball and some light resistance bands would do him a world of good," Jeremiah continued as if he hadn't noticed Brion's glare and I was glad for it. "I'll be back tomorrow but a little later in the day. Weekdays are crazy around here but I already told my boss I want you on my roster and he didn't mind as long as I could see all my other assignments."

"Don't short anybody on account of me bud," I said in the hopes that we might skip tomorrow and he laughed.

"Nope you not getting rid of me that easy. I'll work overtime if I have to," he said with a clap to my back. "I don't like what happened to you guys, not one bit, and I'll be damned if I don't help make you right again."

"I appreciate that Jeremiah," I said and gave him my hand to shake. He swatted it away and leaned down to give me a bear hug.

"It's good to see you guys again, the circumstances could be better but hey we play the cards we dealt right," he said and Brion chuckled a little. "Alright enough with the love fest I gotta get back to work. Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow bud," I said and he nodded on his way out the door.

"You know I never like that fucker," Brion said when the door closed and I burst out laughing. "What's funny bruh?"

"You are...sound a little jealousy to me Breezy baby," I said with a smirk and he flipped me the bird. "What I'm saying, yall was all laughs in the hallway then he started working on me. I felt you stewing bud, that's all I'm saying."

"Fuck you Neville." He laughed when he said it though and dragged one of the chairs over to sit beside me. "When your Pop comes, I'll go grab the stuff from home."

"You know you don't have to stay here all the time," I said and put my hand over his mouth. "I love that you're here Breeze, you know that, but shit I'm bored half the time..." He kissed my palm and pushed my hand away.

"I'd rather be bored with you than wondering how you are alone," he said with his hand on my face and I leaned into his palm. Brion kissed me softly and looked me in the eye, our noses almost touching. "If you want me to go I will but don't do me no favors trying to push me away."

"I'm not...and I don't want you to go. I just figured you might want to get back to normal."

"I don't even know what that means anymore bruh," he said, a little sullen, and leaned into me. I slipped my arm around him and kissed the top of his head. Brion settled onto my chest and took a long deep breath.

It occurred to me then that his presence probably wasn't so much about being with me as it was about being anywhere but his house. Our house now. No matter the work Tyler and the guys put in erasing the evidence, I'm sure it still haunted him. I was too busy trying to get well to dwell on it but I'm sure it wasn't that easy for him. I could only imagine what it was like for him to be there alone. We'd have to talk about it, he might even have to see someone to help him deal with it but for now we could keep pretending that everything was mostly alright.