Night and Day

Story Info
Two halves of the same whole.
4.2k words
4.66
22.1k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dedicated to r.a.

He blew a ring of smoke into the cool, crisp evening air and looked up into the full moon. It was a lovely night. He should be proud.

He stood in the small almond orchard and looked at the moon framed between the trees.

The white light from the moon mirrored onto the blossoms making them seem white instead of pastel pink.

He continued to walk through the orchard casually glancing at the blossoms scattered in the dirt.

He took another drag from his cigarette and then crushed the butt underneath his heel.

Smoking was an irritating human habit that he had picked up, he thought.

Suffice it to say, smoking sometimes passed the time as he walked alone at night.

He was about to light another one when he saw her walking through the trees.

She was humming softly to herself oblivious to the world around her.

He watched her twirl a small pink blossom between her elegant fingers as she walked slowly through the orchard.

He inhaled sharply as his eyes followed her moving quietly through the trees.

As if pulled by some force of nature, he began to trail behind her.

He hadn't seen her in a long time but he would know her anywhere.

He hadn't changed much - so why would she?

She was tall and slender but still shorter than him by three inches.

She had long golden hair but in the moonlight it looked almost white.

Her slim frame and high breasts made her seem regal and untouchable but he had always admired the violet color of her eyes most of all.

She continued to hum and he could almost pick up a Celtic melody as he trailed behind her – his cigarette forgotten.

She continued in her own reverie until he stepped on a twig and she whirled around on him.

"Oh it's you," she gasped in surprise. "I haven't seen you in forever."

She smiled at him and he merely stared back at her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

She smiled broadly this time and swung around to the moon.

"I was looking at the moon. It's so beautiful. Thank you," she said.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"The sun is just as lovely and without it nothing would grow," he said.

"Yes, but you can't look at it. And everyone adores the moon. Poems, songs and sonnets are written about it. People fall in love by the moon. The same can't be said about the sun," she argued.

She had turned back to him and he was mesmerized by her lips – full and bow shaped.

God, he thought. What he wouldn't give to drag her into the dirt and feel his cock push inside her. It was hopeless. But he had learned that long ago.

They began to walk together side by side as they had for a thousand nights and more.

There had been a time when they had been very close or as close as the circumstances would allow.

They had spent time together during the sunrise and sunset when it was possible and he had fallen deeply in love with her.

He had his share of women and most of them had been pleasurable but she was the one he had always wanted and never been able to have.

He had never known Oriana to have had a man.

She kept to herself and performed her job as was required but didn't socialize with the rest of them.

The others viewed her as snobby and the women hated her for her extraordinary beauty but he knew it was just her way.

In the beginning, they hadn't known of each others' existence.

They had each done their part never knowing about their other half.

A chance meeting had been the beginning of a friendship that had at first eased her loneliness and then begun to torment his soul.

He remembered their first meeting as if it was yesterday.

****************

He had undressed quickly and jumped naked into the pond. It was a half-moon summer night near 3 am with only the crickets around for company.

He swam to one end of the pond and back again before he realized he was not alone.

A woman was at the far end of the pond staring at him and almost bristling with unspent anger at his interruption.

He swam to her and was almost stunned by her beauty.

She stared back at him unflinching as his eyes swept over her body.

He watched enviously as the water lapped around her naked breasts and his fingers itched to pull down her blonde hair which was pinned back into a chignon.

She was lovely and regal but he was stunned by her violet-colored eyes that seemed onyx black in the low moon. He had never seen eyes like hers before.

She stared at him in an annoyed silence.

She had come to get away from the others and enjoy her privacy which she valued above all else.

She had been relaxing in the pond thinking about the day to come when the uncouth male had jumped into the water spoiling her quiet reverie.

He was tall with a lean physique, inky black hair and liquid brown eyes that would have stripped her naked if she wasn't already.

He could use a shave but the stubble seemed to enhance his dark moody looks, she thought absently.

His lips held a lopsided grin as he said arrogantly, "I'm Adrian."

Oriana almost smirked at his nonchalant way of seduction. He didn't know who he was dealing with, she thought.

She rolled her eyes and moved away from him in the water only to discover he was following her.

She turned quickly to face him almost brushing up against him.

"Look. I want to be alone. I'm not interested in a tumble, a lay, a roll in the hay, a fuck, a shag or whatever they are calling it now. Leave me alone. I'm warning you," Oriana said turning away from him.

"What about conversation. Are you interested in that? Or is that off limits too?" Adrian called after her.

Her laughter trickled out over the shallow water and she turned.

As if she would have anything in common with a human whose distant relative was a chimpanzee.

She moved swiftly in the water and came to rest before him.

The water moved around her breasts and Adrian swallowed hard as the light and water reflected off the delicate globes.

"So what conversation? What could you possibly tell me about the world that I don't already know?" Oriana quizzed him.

Stupid mortal, she thought irritatingly. They always thought they knew so much. In reality they knew so little.

Adrian smiled at her. She was a lovely woman all slim curves and righteous indignation. He knew within the hour he would be inside her tight little pussy.

"Do you know the Greek mythological story about the almond tree?" He asked her.

Oriana stared back at him waiting for the pompous male to tell her some idiot story. Humans were an irritating lot, she thought sharply.

"A woman was changed into an almond tree as a reward from the gods after her lover left her and she died from grief," he began.

Adrian moved in the water behind Oriana but didn't touch her. Instead, he continued to tell his tale.

Oriana was anticipating his touch on her body but it never came. He continued to tell his story breathing into her ear.

His mouth caused her skin to prickle from the cold and excitement.

"Apparently her lover eventually returned to her and found her as a leafless, flowerless tree," he said his breath moving along the soft shell of her ear.

Oriana knew she could mate with a mortal though she had never desired one.

Many of the others had taken lovers and sometimes married them but she had never desired one. She much preferred her self-induced solitude to mating.

The ability to bear children was forbidden and not possible – which was ironic –so she had come to view the whole aspect of coupling and intercourse as distasteful and unclean.

But then no man had ever seen her naked in a moonlit pond and tried to seduce her.

"So he clasped the tree in his arms and it burst into bloom, an emblem of true love inextinguishable by death," he murmured lowly.

Oriana turned to stare at him – her violet eyes meeting his brown ones.

"I want you," he told her simply. He knew she wouldn't deny him. Mating was as natural as the sun rising and setting.

"Come with me. We'll give each other pleasure," he said.

She remained silent.

"One night. I won't ask for anything more," he said.

She seemed at the same time virginal and experienced. He wasn't sure how to approach her but he knew he had to have her.

Oriana shook her head. "No."

"Do you want me to force you?"

Oriana's almost smiled. "You couldn't." He had no idea who he was dealing with.

"What's your name?" He asked quietly.

"Does it matter? I'll never see you again." She raised her head slightly looking regal and disdainful.

He waited and then repeated his question.

"Oriana."

He smiled. "Latin for sunrise."

"I must go, Adrian."

"No stay. And give me one kiss. Just one kiss" And then he touched her.

He had meant to touch her shoulders to pull her to him but he never got that far.

The minute he touched her shoulders, a sizzling electric shock ran into his hands, down his arms and into his body.

It burned and sizzled into his core and caused his hands to smoke.

Had he been human, the contact would have killed him.

Oriana could feel the electrical contact between them but it didn't cause her any pain.

She hadn't done anything to him, it had happened the moment he had touched her.

She had been waiting for his touch. She wanted to feel him hold her, caress her and take possession of her. She ached for it. But he never got any father than touching her shoulders.

He ripped his hands off her body and submerged them into the cool pond water.

His eyes glittered in the night and they both stared at each other.

"Who are you?" They both asked.

***********************************

After that, everything was a glimmer of what might have been and never could be.

She had power over the sun and day; he was the night.

At certain times of the evening, in the early sunrise or sunset they could meet, but to touch – was forbidden.

They could mate and couple with mortals but it had been decreed long ago that no physical contact would be allowed between night and day.

The others had made it so that the searing electrical pain would occur if night touched day – similar to when the sun rose into the atmosphere.

Since the beginning, they had never been told about each other to avoid any unpleasantness.

But now they spent long hours together becoming friends and enjoying each other's company, however, the others disapproved strongly.

But as their bond grew deeper and they became closer, it was all Adrian could do not to go insane.

He became obsessed with her. He watched her constantly and followed her around like a lost puppy when she didn't know it.

He watched her bath in a secluded pool that no one knew about and he ached to touch her.

His hand wandered down the length of his cock as he pumped it thinking of her – only of her.

Other women lost their attraction. If he couldn't have her – he didn't want anyone else.

As year after year passed, he became more and more frustrated and the impossibility of the situation made him push her away.

He couldn't stand to be near her knowing that he couldn't have her. It was an exquisite torture – one he would rather not deal with.

***************************

When he saw her that evening in the orchard, it had been years since their last encounter.

"Do you remember the Greek myth you told me when we first met?" Oriana asked him.

Adrian watched her walk ahead of him. He reached above him to pull a blossom from its branch and marveled at the lovely little flower.

She stopped and turned to him and he placed the blossom in her hair behind her ear.

The electrical pain was quick and sharp before he let go.

Even the simple touch caused pain and he gritted his teeth against it.

"I remember." He said roughly.

Through the electric shock, he had felt her silken hair against his fingers and relished the texture of it.

Suddenly, the frustration and pain welled inside him and he remembered why he had stopped seeing her.

And it was unfair, he thought childishly.

She was his. She should be his. They were both immortals given charge over the night and day.

If anyone in the world or universe deserved to have her and cherish her it was him – not some mortal with a body that was born to die.

Yet any man could feel her body tighten around theirs – any man but him.

It was almost time for sunrise and he knew she would have to leave soon.

"It was a lovely story. I always walk the orchards and think of you. Did you know?" She asked him, her blonde hair shimmering around her shoulders.

"No. I didn't." He swallowed suddenly.

"Yes. It makes me feel close to you." Her eyes were wide and sad as she stared at him. "I've always wanted to feel close to you, Adrian." With that she turned and walked away from him.

Oh god, he thought. She wanted him to. It was so cruel. So unfair.

A few more minutes to sunrise and she would be gone. Again.

"Oriana." He called after her.

"I have to go, Adrian. The sun is about to rise." She said over her shoulder.

He almost cried out in the injustice of it all. The pain, the irritation, the frustration of wanting so much and knowing it would never be relieved.

"Oriana." He called after her and caught up with her easily.

Without thinking of the pain, he reached out and grabbed her arm trying to hold her to him.

"Please Adrian. You'll only hurt yourself," she whispered sadly.

She began to shimmer and spin into a bright light until suddenly she was gone and the sun began to rise.

Adrian looked down at his hands.

It couldn't be.

Just then when he had touched her – there hadn't been any pain or electrical shocks as before.

There had only been the supreme pleasure of his hand touching her soft smooth skin.

He stared at the rising sun.

What did it mean?

*******************************************

Adrian waited outside and was admitted into see her by one of her lackeys.

Sebastiana was almost as old as Oriana and Adrian but she looked it.

Whereas they had remained youthful and attractive, Sebastiana had long white hair down to her ankles and a creased face like a dried piece of fruit.

But though she was ancient, she was a powerful oracle and very revered.

"So."

"So." He echoed.

"I am graced by the presence of the night. What can I do for you?" Sebastiana bowed slightly.

Adrian couldn't help but tease her. "You're the oracle. You tell me."

Sebastiana cackled and smiled as she placed two steaming hot cups of tea in front of them and settled herself down into a chair.

"She walks in beauty, like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies," she quoted Lord Byron's poem.

Adrian hung his head down. "Yes."

"And it's always been her."

Adrian nodded. "Yes."

"What can I tell you that you don't already know," Sebastiana said. "You can never be. Find pleasure with mortal women as the others do. You must learn to be content. You only torture yourself thinking about Oriana."

"I've tried. I've stayed away. So all that happens is I sleep with women who look like her but aren't her. I want her," Adrian said.

Sebastiana shook her head.

"Oracle. There is something you aren't telling me. You must tell me," he said.

"My child, I have told you everything." She assured him.

"No you haven't. And the others are keeping it too. This evening before sunrise, I touched her arm and it didn't hurt. I want to know why. I must know why," he exclaimed.

"No pain? None?" The oracle asked, surprised.

Adrian shook his head. "Nothing."

"I do not know. It was written, long ago, no immortal can touch the dawn. It was the way it was supposed to be. Mortals, small lives that they have, can possess her but no immortal," she said.

She bustled out of the room leaving Adrian dejected. She soon returned with a large old musty book that looked almost as big as her.

She heaved the book onto the table and began whizzing through it stopping halfway.

"Ah. So here it is." She smiled widely showing a few gaping holes. "I have found it."

Adrian moved to her side. "What? What is it?"

"It's the solar eclipse. Tonight."

Adrian waved his hand in the air. "So what. It just means more work for me and Oriana."

"When the eclipse occurs – the walls come down. You are able to touch until it's over. When the eclipse is completed, it resumes back to the way it was before."

Adrian almost cried aloud. "Really? Why was I never told this?"

"Bah! Because you never asked." Sebastiana said.

"How long Oracle? How long will it last?" He almost choked out the words.

"At the most, two, three hours."

**********************************************

The eclipses occasionally happened but he had never given them much thought.

Humans with their silly traditions and superstitions made much ado about them – but he always viewed them as another necessary.

Adrian stumbled out into the light. Tonight. She would be his.

****************************

Oriana walked in the orchard. She had been visiting it the last few days.

It reminded her of the past and the things she couldn't have.

She had never minded her solitude and loneliness until she met Adrian.

After their friendship began she had admired his arrogance and his attitude.

He balked at the others and their rules and enjoyed tormenting the elders.

He was the night and they needed him. And he could do as he pleased.

Oriana was the good girl who did everything right but kept her distance.

She didn't associate with the others and never complained or caused problems.

But she had never truly realized how lonely she was until she met Adrian.

After she had learned of his existence a friendship had ensued but she had always wanted more.

She thought of finding a mortal who would ease the torment that he had created but it wouldn't do. No one would do but Adrian.

So she was content to remain alone as solitary dawn.

She could make the crops grow and feed the entire world but she would always be alone.

She removed a small branch of blossoms from the tree and crushed them in her hand sending them falling to the earthen floor.

"Tsk tsk. What did the innocent blossoms do to you?" He asked her quietly.

Oriana turned to him. "Nothing."

She brushed her hands on her dress.

"I see."

He reached above his head and easily captured a fragile pink blossom.

He placed the blossom in her hair and waited for the searing pain. None.

"Don't, Adrian." She told him. "It's not worth it."

He watched as she walked in front of him – his beauty in the night.

"Oriana."

She stopped and turned to him.

"You are so beautiful." He said. He reached out and touched her cheek.

"Don't." She shook her head.

"I've never seen a mortal woman to rival your beauty." He said. "Or an immortal one."

"For all the good it does me." She said bitterly.

"I've wanted you for so long."

She stared at him, her eyes questioning his.

"I can't remember a time when I didn't want you, ache for you, desire you."

"Why are you doing this?" She asked, her voice soft.

"I used to follow you around," he told her.

He poured out his heart to her. He told her of his obsession and the madness it caused.

"I would watch you bath and ache to lie between your legs and claim you as mine. To hear you sob and beg me as mortal women do," he said.

His dark eyes took in her slim form sweeping up and down assessing her beauty.

"Stop it, Adrian."

"I've fucked women. Always the blonde slim ones that would remind me of the one I could never have. The only one I truly wanted," he told her.

"I pushed you away. I couldn't bear to be near you and not have you. That's why I did it, Oriana. That's the only reason why. It was too painful. I couldn't stand it. Knowing that any mortal man with a drying husk for a body could have you – it was insane.

12