Night Hunt Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Get to know me. Take as long as you need. Eventually, we'll get to know you too. That spell can't hide your secrets forever."

The hesitation he saw in her eyes gave him a glimmer of hope. Maybe he wouldn't have to wait too long before she could see that she was his. He latched on to it.

"It would be a waste not to give us a chance." He said slowly, carefully watching her reaction.

She let out a small sigh, reaching her decision. "Alright Tyrus. But remember, we're slowing things down. Let me get to know you first. No more of uh-" she paused awkwardly, "what happened back there."

An emotion much like relief flooded through him. He grinned. Before she could react, he leaned forward to give her a kiss on the cheek.

Her body tensed, and when he parted, he didn't miss the sudden scent of desire and the longing look her eyes swept over his body. He felt his groin tighten and his demon push to reach the surface. She squirmed and stepped further away from him. He couldn't help it, his lips lifted into a slight smirk.

"What are we going to do about... this?" She knew he was referring to her physical reaction to his blood. It lured them both. Hell, it went beyond any temptation he had ever known. Surely she would allow a concession once in a while.

"If I can restrain myself, you will too." Her tone was resolute.

He growled involuntarily, losing his smile. "As you wish, love."

There was no way he'd be able to get through a fresh marking when this one faded. He would just have to persuade her otherwise when the time came. Unlike some of his other supernatural counterparts, he believed in mutual consent.

She raised an eyebrow at him.

"That's it? I thought you'd protest more. Try to negotiate at least."

He grin returned. She did know him, more than she thought she did. He wiggled his eyebrows. "Is that what you want me to do? I'm ready to offer it, any time you want. Just say the word."

She shut her mouth then, eyes wide. "Uh... N-No. I meant what I said. No more action until I get to know you better and things have calmed down a little."

That sounded more positive than where the conversation had started. It would take some work, but he could win her over. He just needed to be patient. "Well come on then, let's go."

Without thinking, he picked up her bag for her before she could reach for it. It surprised him. He couldn't remember ever looking out for anyone but himself since he'd been changed. She stepped ahead of him, not noticing the significance of the simple act.

She opened the door and then turned to him, checking to see if he was ready. He tensed immediately. There was a presence nearby. It had been waiting, just outside of her door.

He signalled to her to wait, quickly drawing scent from the air. His eyebrows raised in surprise. Before he could move, a blur rushed through the door, moving straight toward him and knocking him to the floor.

"You were going to drive off straight to your death and you didn't think to fucking call me?"

Connor's accusing eyes were staring down at him, the weight of the angry werewolf pinning him to the floor. Tyrus huffed and tried to push him off, but that earned him a direct punch to his chest. He groaned, startled by the pain. Giving up, he let his body lie limp on the floor.

"I'm not going to die," he grunted, wishing he wasn't reduced to a heap on the floor as he said it.

From the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of long blonde hair on a petite female frame. Sam stepped around the door and laid a reassuring hand on Anya's arm. Anya, to her credit, looked more perplexed than alarmed.

Connor turned around and eyed her, his gaze scrutinising. "You're doing all this for her? She'd better be worth it."

Sam glared at him, stepping protectively in front of Anya. "Don't be a jerk, Connor."

Tyrus took advantage of Connor's distraction and gave him a rough shove, pushing harder than he needed to. The werewolf was sent sprawling across the floor. With the weight lifted off him, Tyrus stood in one swift motion, straightening himself.

"Ignore him, he's just mad at me and taking it out on someone else."

He knew his friend's moods. He would be supportive, but he needed time to adjust to change. And he was short-tempered and carried out his actions without thinking.

"We've had this conversation. She is worth it."

"I didn't think you would accept a death sentence if it came down to it!" Connor bellowed, jumping to his feet.

"It's four rebels. I can handle that," He retorted.

"You don't know what they are, or where they came from. You can't even be sure it's just four of them like what the council says."

"I'm not about to rush in blindly, Connor. You should know better than that. Quit worrying."

The werewolf brooded for a moment before glancing back at Sam. They exchanged a brief nod.

Connor sighed, some of this anger dissipating, "We're coming with you."

Tyrus blinked. "What?"

"You're going to need help killing four supernaturals and protecting your girlfriend over there."

"She's not my girlfriend, and I don't need your help. You guys didn't sign up for this, I did."

"It's not your choice buddy."

Sam spoke then, her voice calm and steady in contrast to Conner's. It took some of the edge off the argument.

"He's right Tyrus. You may not think you need backup, but we'd like to up the odds on your end a little. You can't tell us that the three of us would be in more danger compared to you going alone.

"Besides, how exactly do you intend to protect Anya and go after these guys at the same time? If you fail, they'll go after her too."

Tyrus was silent for a moment. She had a point. And he knew his friends. There was no point arguing. If they'd decided to join him, there was nothing he could do to change their minds. This morning was turning out to be nothing like he had planned.

He grit his teeth. Might as well get things moving then. Brushing past Conner, he picked up Anya's bag from where it had dropped, and stalked out the door.

12