Nightmare of Silent Hill Entry 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I slowed as we passed Bachman. The church looked like the one from all my dreams. It was in the style of old Catholic churches. It had a high tower with a cross atop it.It was in brick and wood. The doors were even brass. There was no red light coming from it. I looked around and there were no creatures. I worried about seeing the red one from my dreams. I looked back at the church and took another step. A sharp pain penetrated my head, bringing tears to my eyes. I went to my knees.

I saw a girl with white hair and Alessa's face.

...Don't kill me Zoe...

A roar. Red light blared from the church. The sky turned black.

I heard the doctor's voice. "Zoe. Zoe! Are you okay?!" I came to. That was the worst one yet. It must be the demon Alessa spoke of. It's trying to stop me. I looked at the doctor and let him help me up.

"I'm fine." I said. He had a concerned look on his face but didn't say anything else.

I double checked my gun and tromped to the front doors. Upon closer inspection, they had a scene molded into them. Naked people in terror begged to a grand fire raining upon them. It was morbid. I opened the door and we went in. The inside was immaculate. Hard oak pews and burgundy carpets along with cream colored walls made an inviting ensemble. Paintings covered the walls, leading to the lectern. A statue of a goddess in bronze stood behind the lectern. She was beautiful, with a noble face. She was in swathing robes, holding a wand and an infant. The wand was wrapped in barbed wire. I drifted to the nearest painting. The statue was painted as a woman with brown eyes and long brown hair. She was anointing a cloaked follower. He was kneeling before her. 'Sinners' were elevated by barbed wire behind them. It was morbid but exalting. I felt some conglomeration of fear and pride as I looked at it. I stepped back and looked around again. The doctor was inspecting another painting. There was 6 paintings, each depicting a similar scene.

A strange sound broke our concentration. It was a mix between a moan and scream in pain. I wildly looked around. I pulled the shotgun out of my bag. The doctor readied his pistol. The creature that appeared at the lectern area was impossible to describe. I got sick just looking at it. The closest thing I can think to describe it to is 2 people on a bed fucking. Instead of cotton for a blanket it had skin. The skin was the dead mottled coloring of every other creature here. It hobbled on four legs. It spoke in two voices instead of one. ...Oh god...harder... That one sounded female. Another ...I smell it...the deflowered scent... was male. There was two of these things. Sweat dripped from my forehead. The doctor was shaking. I felt my adrenaline hit my system as the things moved toward us.

When the first one got in ranged, I blew a hole in it. It died in a dual scream. The other one died in a similar fashion. I was seriously out of shotgun ammo. I threw the gun down. I heard two more of the damn things coming. I pulled my pistol out and checked the clip. Two more 'bed' creatures appeared. The doctor cursed under his breath. I saw what to do in my head before I started sprinting. I fired at the one on the right as I flew down the center of the church. I jumped onto the front bench and punched two more bullets into the thing. It screamed and died. I leapt to the front of the bench. One, two shots before I took cover behind the lectern. The creature had trouble maneuvering around the lectern. I needed three more shots before the thing would die. I came out of my cover and fired again. Before I could pull the trigger again, it spit white viscous goo at me. I dodged behind the lectern just in time for the goo to miss me. Hugging the lectern I peaked out at the thing. I pulled my right arm out and fired the two needed shot into it's center of mass. It died.

The doctor hollered, "Zoe, are you okay?" I stood tall so he could see me.

I said back, "I'm fine." He walked forward. By the time he reached the lectern, he was still shaking.

"You shouldn't rush off like that. You'll end up getting hurt." He scolded.

I patted him on the shoulder. "Let's keep moving."

The door to the left was open, so we went through there. It was a large meeting hall. The floors were wood and the paint was white. There was a kitchen on the other side. Scuffling, there was two skin wrapped single figures. The acid spitters reacted to our presence and moved. I double tapped into both of them before my brain recognized my arms moved. I was starting to freak myself out. 'Was it adrenaline or something else?'

The doctor moved forward and said, "I got the kitchen."

I nodded but kept my eye on him. A creature would jump him and he would panic. I watched and listened closely for noise from the kitchen as I moved right. Wood doors clearly marked rooms, next was the prayer room. The door was open to a quiet, dark room. I pulled out the flashlight and searched the room. I saw the light reflect off something in the room. Keeping my gun drawn and the flashlight steady, I slowly entered the room. My head started hurting. A vision was coming.

It was hot, scolding hot. I couldn't breath. Alessa was trapped in a burning room with a 76 on the door. In a burning house. Her mother was gibbering by the front door with a match in hand.

I gasped. Cold air hit my lungs. I was kneeling and the doctor had his arms around me. I stood and looked at him. He looked weary. He had a kitchen knife in his hand, "I figured it would make a good backup weapon." I nodded. I took the knife from him, thinking he's only hurt himself with it. I looked for the reflection in the room again. It was a gold locket on a satin choker. It had a black and white picture of Alessa in the locket. I clutched it tightly to my chest. I took a moment to put it on. I quietly whispered a 'thank you' before leaving the room.

Next in line door-wise was the bathrooms, which were both locked. Further down the hall, a door marked teachers lounge was next. I pushed open the teacher's lounge door. A 'bed' creature land right on top of me. The doctor panicked. I yelled, "Don't shoot!" knowing he could hit me. I crammed the gun barrel into it's bottom while avoiding it's scrambling. I fired the five necessary shots into it. I pushed it's dying form off me. I panted and the doctor helped me up. I checked my clip, I only had one bullet left. The doctor checked the room for anything else while I calmed down and composed myself. The next door was storage. I opened this one very slowly with the gun in front of me. I looked around. This room was filled with boxes. We looked though the boxes but found only pamphlets and Christmas stuff. On a shelf in a corner I found a brick. I didn't know why, but I felt compelled to take the brick. I put it in my bag just in case. The doctor tapped me. He showed me five bullets. I looked at them. He said, "I think they're higher caliber, like a .44."

"For a revolver?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded. He put them in his pocket. The door that led outside from this room had a broken lock. We didn't want to go outside anyway. I wanted to find a way down to the basement of this place. We went back out into the hall. There was another door outside we ignored. The doctor pointed out, "Zoe, we missed a door." He pointed. There was an unmarked door next to the prayer room. I swore I didn't miss one but maybe I did.

We approached and used caution when opening it. The doctor stayed outside as I entered the hallway beyond the door. The room was painted bright white with a light wood floor. At the end of the hallway was a full length mirror. It took up the entire wall. I got closer, looking at my bedraggled appearance. My hair was stringy and I had blood all over me. My clothes were matted and bloody. I didn't even like myself. I checked my bloodshot eyes. Something strange happened then, the dark blood on my skin and clothes started to spread. Soon I was covered in wet crimson blood. I looked down at my arms, which were unmarred. The blood soon turned black and dripped off me onto the floor in the mirror. It trailed up the walls and spread across the floor. I watched as it covered the room in the mirror. I looked at the room around me. It was untouched, looking the same as it did when I entered. Slam! I jumped. The door to this room had shut. I heard the doctor pound on the door and yell my name. Chills ran up my spine. Black blood oozed through the mirror covering the real room was in. It pooled on the floor sticking to my shoes. I looked at the mirror. The girl looking back at me looked even more vile. She was deathly pale, and her hair dangled down in oily strips. She looked at me with an evil grimace. The black blood started trailing up my feet and legs. Panic set in. The girl's eyes glowed a rust color as barbed wire wrapped around her neck and limbs. I grabbed my bag and rooted around until I found what I was looking for. I yelled at the mirror, "You will not have me! Or Alessa!" The girl laughed. I threw the brick at her face.

The mirror shattered. I wildly looked around. The room was normal and no blood was climbing up my legs. My heart rate came down again. The doctor busted in the door, looking panicked. He saw me and the shattered mirror. Confusion spread across his features. There was a door behind the mirror. We hesitatently entered the door together. Behind it was a rather posh looking office. Burgundy paint and dark wood floors surrounded a dark pine wood desk. There were dead plants in the corners and chairs before the desk. The leather chair behind it was almost as tall as me. There was a bible on the desk. It was empty except a door to the archives. I wondered if they would have any information on Alessa. I went in. This room was dark, with a single halogen light and stacks of file cabinets. The doctor came in with me.

He asks, "Zoe, what are we looking for in here?" I didn't face him.

I replied, "Information, specifically about Alessa."

"Do we have time?"

"Not a lot but a few minutes won't set us back." I said.

We started searching the files. I was looking specifically for information on Alessa. It was only a moment before I found a file on Alessa and her family. The doctor hovered over my shoulder reading the file with me. There was an old picture of Alessa from middle school. She was beautiful even when that young. I skimmed over the file. Her mother, Dahlia, was in with the church. She, in a 'fit', lit her house on fire with Alessa in it. Alessa was rescued by a trucker and admitted to Alcemilla Hospital. She died there due to the extensive burns on her body. This was all in 1976. I felt the mucus in my throat thicken and my eyes get wet. She's dead. That fact hadn't hit me until this point. 'Does that mean I'm seeing ghosts? Or am I crazy, hallucinating this entire affair? It can't be, the pain in my side is all to real and the doctor is right here beside me. And I felt Alessa's hot wet mouth on mine, it couldn't be my imagination. Than why did this stupid file say she's dead.' My mind reeled. I closed the file. I wouldn't allow this single document to waiver my resolve. 'I'm still going to find Alessa and save her.' I didn't care if she was dead or not."

______________________________________________

The detective cuts me off. "I'm sorry, Zoe. Hold on." He gets up and leaves the room. Judy looks confused. She pauses the tape. She doesn't look me in the face. The detective left the door cracked. I don't have the inclination to run out the door. I hear the detective talking to another person about the file. It would be nice if he found it. It would give my story some validity. I look at the mirrored glass and think I see myself twice. I am sitting in the chair, slumped over with dry lips. That one is right. The 'other' me is standing against the wall. She has oily hair and rust colored eyes. She smiles at me. I shake my head. I am thinking about all this because of the re-telling. I'm letting my imagination get the best of me. The detective comes back in. He sits down. "Okay, Zoe you can continue." Judy presses the play button. I nod and tell again.

______________________________________________

"We went back into the office I looked at the desk and realized it had drawers in it. I pulled each one out and ruffle through it for anything useful. The very bottom drawer on the right contained a gun. It looked like a 6 shooter, like out of the old western movies. I popped the chamber open. I had a revelation and asked the doctor, "Hey doc, hand me those large bullets you found earlier. He rustled in his pockets and produced the large bullets. I clumsily slid each bullet he handed me into the gun. They fit. It didn't mean the gun would fire, but if it did we had 6 more bullets. And if I remembered right, revolvers were pretty powerful. I put on the safety on the gun and shoved it in my pants. The only other door out of this room was in the back behind the desk. This one looked metal and had a passcode keypad next to the door. I didn't know what the code was. I went back to desk and looked specifically for anything with a code on it. No luck. I tried again, this time dumping the drawers out. I didn't find a paper with a code but I did find a slip with the following:

Number of electrons in Hydrogen

Number of paintings in the chapel

Number of those who came before you

Year that Alessa was burned

I thought it was strange, but gave it a whirl. Hydrogen had one electron as it was the first element on the periodic table. Yay high school chemistry. I counted the paintings in my head, there was 6. The third question stumped me for a while. Than I thought of the letters and visions. 'Others, like me, have been to this place. Harry, James, Heather, William, Travis and Alex. Did the doctor count? Did Alessa? No they were here before, they did not come here. All the others like me came here from elsewhere.' So six others. And the year that Alessa burned was still fresh in my mind, 1976. I went over to the keypad and realized it only wanted five numbers so I tried 16676. The door popped open.

The doctor smiled at me. Inside was a grated elevator. It, no doubt, led to the basement. I felt my heart rate jump. I was nervous now. I walked in the elevator anyway. The doctor hesitantly followed. I slowly pressed the down button. The door started to close. I heard the air-raid siren blare. The nightmare was coming. Panic set in as the elevator descended."

12