Nights in Rodan Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked at Rayn and noticed his color was much better; he looked normal, like he might wake up any second. She had to stay in case he did but she was so hungry. She slipped out of bed quickly and checked the corridor. Surprisingly Mary was bustling her direction.

"Mary, I am so glad you are alright!" she exclaimed. The girl was shocked when Leni hugged her.

"What can I do for you milady?" she said slowly, still stunned.

"Breakfast would be lovely," she told her. Mary nodded and said she would be back shortly.

She stepped back inside and peeked in on Rayn. He was still sound asleep so she crawled back into the warm bed with him. She was determined to be there when he woke up. She stroked his hair back and he softly groaned. She got very excited but he didn't stir again. Mary came in with breakfast and sat it on the table. She popped her head in and asked if there was anything else but Leni told her no and she left.

Leni sighed and decided Rayn probably wasn't going to wake up for awhile longer so she had better eat while she had a chance. She put her dressing gown over her long nightshirt and tied it and brought the breakfast tray into the bedroom and ate next to the bed. There was a soft knock as she finished. She walked into the sitting room to see who it was.

"Enter."

It was Kien and another man, "Trenton," he said. They bowed low to her, which still struck her as odd.

"We've come to discuss your intentions," Kien said. She didn't think conducting business in her nightgown appropriate so she asked them to wait while she dressed quickly in the bathing room. She chose a simple merlot dress for the day. She braided her hair loosely and tied it with a piece of leather. Some of her shorter hair fell around her face framing it nicely. Good enough for now, she thought.

She faced Kien and Trenton properly this time, "What intentions are you referring to?" she asked them directly.

"Do you intend to take up your rightful position as Queen?" Kien's question was abrupt.

"I hadn't thought about it yet. There are things I need to take care of first." She looked down at her hands for a moment. She needed to find Iny and Lukas. Not knowing where they were or how they were was driving her crazy.

"We understand you were forced into an engagement, do you still wish to be married to the man?" the other man, Trenton, asked.

"No, we were only going along with what the King wanted for my safety; I don't wish to be married to him."

"Do you plan to try the Prince for his crimes?" Trenton asked roughly.

"No, I do not. He has helped me and saved my life multiple times, I think that is payment enough for any of his wrong doings. I hope you agree," She said, as she stared him down across the table.

"We can be amenable to that," Kien assured her.

"Good. Is that all the business we have to discuss?" Leni asked. She felt so in charge, and she kind of liked the thrill.

"For now, I realize you need some time to absorb all of this. We will keep things running smoothly until you are ready to assume your role as Queen. We've waited a long time for a Rodanian to take back the throne; a few more days will not matter," Kein said, smilong warmly.

"Kien, did you know my father?" she was curious.

"Yes I did, I worked with him for a few years. I fled the city with many other Rodanians the night that Mollach attacked," he said.

"What did you do for him, what was your job?" she asked, realizing she might need him for something important.

"I helped manage the finances, I was a very young apprentice then," he said, smiling fondly.

"Would you be willing to work with Mollach's financial advisors?" she asked. She was surprised she was falling into the role of diplomat very easily.

"I would, but most of them have gone into hiding in the city, we need a way to prove we mean them no harm if we have any hope of them cooperating with us," he explained.

"I have a possible solution but I need to talk it over with the Prince first. He's not awake yet, as his wounds were extensive. If you need anything in the meantime talk to Kieran Lichen. Any of the Oneandrans should be able to point him out to you. He's my liason," Leni explained.

"I will do that milady." Kien nodded.

"Thank you, I will check in with you tomorrow," she said as she stood up, adjourning their little meeting.

"One more thing," he said, remembering it before leaving, "you have visitors in the throne room."

******

Sorry this one took so long. I had computer issues, real life issues etc. I finally found time on vacation to read the edited version (thank you Raiguy!!) and post. Enjoy! Please leave comments, ratings, email/PM me feedback. I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Thank you again for being so patient! Off to work on Chapter 7!

12