No Reply - Husbands' Response

Story Info
Where husbands regain respect and dignity.
4.3k words
3.77
153.3k
60
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
tnoldguy
tnoldguy
25 Followers

Where husbands regain respect and dignity

This is a sequel to No Reply by Harddaysknight. To understand this story you need to read Harddaysknights' story.

This isn't a Burn the Bitch story, as that isn't warranted by the original. I'm OK if it bothers you. It is what it is.

I hope you enjoy my first attempt at a story for Literotica

Much thanks to Erikthread for his editing skill.

----------

"Mom, you have to leave now. You too, Mrs. Burrows. I can't believe you two did all this deliberately. I won't be able to look back to my 18th summer with any happiness." They gasped and slunk out the door and into Mom's car. Debbie was stunned. I had never spoken a cross word to my mother and had always shown her and Janice Burrows the deepest respect. That was all gone now.

"Debbie, we need to talk," I said.

"OK, but I need to shower first."

"No, this needs to happen NOW!"

She sat down at the other end of the sofa and looked up at me with a worried look in her eyes. "I'm not happy about this," I said. "I know you were pulled into it by my mother and Janice Burrows, but it's eating away at me. I feel humiliated and dishonored, not as much by you, Deb, as by my own mother! I know one thing. I will never be able to look at those trees and not feel real pain. I love you with all my heart. You've been a great wife and mother. Tell me, did you know anything about Jason at the time?"

"NO! I never had an idea until Jeff Burrows' funeral what was happening around here. And the apple trees - I'll pull them down myself if I have to. I never want you, my husband, to hurt from any of my actions again, and I swear I'll find some way to make this up to you. And I'm sorry, so sorry that I pushed the decision onto you when I already knew the right thing to do. I think that that's why I'm so disappointed in myself."

"I have a plan for that," I said. Then I outlined what I wanted to do, at least at my house. Soon after Debbie was on the phone to Janice Burrows. "Janice, I need Jeff to come over tomorrow morning about nine. Bill and I have one more job for him. No, everything will be fine here, at least it will if he shows up. I can't predict what Bill might do if he doesn't and I really don't want to find out."

After that I called my dad and we had a long chat. "Those maple trees really are a bother, aren't they, Dad?"

"Yes they are, Son. Messy as all hell and so many leaves in the fall. One or two in front of the house, OK, but a whole damn stand of 'em is just too much."

"Tell me how they make you feel, though, Dad."

"Sometimes I just begin to shake with anger when I see them. Then I think about how much I love your mom. Still, it's hard with a daily reminder of how I was unwillingly cuckolded. I don't think your mom really understands how I feel."

"I'm sure of it, Dad. What she sees is a bunch of well-pleased women who have something they can use to control their men. I, for one, am not going to take it. I should have told Debbie 'no' when she called, and I know that the rough patch we are about to go through is partly my fault, because I didn't tell her straight up not to do it. I thought she really knew it from my voice and I shouldn't have had to tell her no. I was just too stunned and upset at the moment and I closed my cell. I now know that was a big mistake. So let me ask you, do you want to be rid of those trees? I know I couldn't live with a daily reminder of Deb's tryst with Jeff Emerson and it would likely end our marriage. I'm taking care of that tomorrow. I'll also be happy to help you take care of yours if you want. Just let me know."

Debbie heard the last part of the conversation as she was coming down from her shower. When I turned around, there were tears in her eyes. "I didn't realize it would affect you this much, Bill, or I would have told your mom to take a long walk off a short pier, but she seemed so positive that it was good for the marriages in all the families. All I ever wanted for us was to have a good marriage, and I thought that Janice had something to do with that."

"Well, as far as learning how to love and respect my wife, I learned more of that from my dad than I ever did from Janice Burrows. How to make love to a woman, at least the physical parts, yes, I did learn that from Janice. In a way though it stole something from us. Think of the joy and delight we would have had in discovering all those things ourselves. Think of how it would have been if I had come to our marriage bed as innocent as you and we made our way through the joy of discovering what delighted the other, what we each enjoyed. I already knew a lot of that, thanks to Janice, and you were cheated out of that experience. Hell I was cheated out of it too, of telling you how good something felt, or of how that little touch right there turned me on, and of all those things young lovers learn about each other and themselves. I really wish I'd had that with you!"

Debbie had a strange look on her face. If I had to guess it was one of desire mixed with anger and regret. "Oh, Bill! I'm sorry we never had those experiences. Still, you are the best thing that ever happened to me and the best lover--probably some from what Janice taught you--but more from what your dad did. He taught you how to really love a woman from the heart, and I feel that every time we make love, Bill. Will you make love to me now, Bill? Not just fuck me, but love me?"

"Yes, Debbie, I will, but I have a question. Did you use our bed?"

"Yes," she replied with a look of sudden shock and despair on her face.

"We'll use the guest room and tomorrow we'll order new furniture for the master," I said.

I led her up to the guest room and slowly undressed her, taking my time. I ran the tips of my fingers down her arms, up her thighs, gently touching her all over her body. I caressed her face, her breasts, her pussy. We made slow gentle love, allowing our passion and desire to build until we reached a crescendo of mutual satisfaction. We lay together in each other's arms and drifted off to sleep. I woke at 6:00 A.M. still entwined with Debbie. I looked at her beautiful face and thought "God I love this woman."

She smiled and stirred, and looking at me, said, "I love you to the very depth of my soul."

I was ready to take her right then, but I had things I needed to do today. "Debbie, I'm ready to repeat last night. I've never felt closer to you, ever! But we have things that we have to do today. I promise that tonight will be special."

She leaned into me, gave me a passionate kiss and said, "I know, dear. I'm ready for the day. I love you and I want to do this." She got up, took a quick shower and went downstairs to fix breakfast.

After breakfast I went into my office and wrote the most difficult letter I had ever had to write. I had finished and was waiting when Janice showed up with Jeff.

"Good morning, Janice, Jeff," Debbie said as she let them into the house. I was in the living room in my work clothes. "Why don't you go with Bill, Jeff? I know he has a job that he needs your help with." Janice had a look of concern on her face, remembering how forceful and violently Bill had taken me yesterday afternoon. "You don't have anything to worry about, Janice. Bill won't hurt him, but he will talk to him, and I hope Jeff learns from what he has to say. In the mean time, let's you and I go visit my mother-in-law. Bill will bring Jeff over when they're finished." Debbie and Janice got into Janice's car and went over to my mom and dad's place.

Jeff walked hesitantly with me out to the yard where he had planted the apple trees. He noticed the shovels and had a questioning look on his face. "We have something to undo, Jeff, and if we don't do it now I will be hurt and angry and my marriage might not survive." A look of realization came over his face.

"You know, don't you, Mr. Mason? I'm sorry, but it was so overwhelming and I was so confused. I guess I just went with the flow and didn't think about what the consequences might be."

"I know, Jeff. I remember vividly my experiences with your grandmother. I felt much the same way, including guilt over having cuckolded your grandfather." His eyes went wide. I could see anger and hurt in his eyes. It was clear that he loved and respected his grandfather and knew that I regretted hurting his grandfather just as he regretted hurting me.

"Well, let's get to work. We've got to 'unplant' some trees. If I see them for one more day I may go nuts." Jeff and I worked quickly and with purpose. As we worked I talked about respect and how to respect and love a woman. I told him to look at marriages he admired, that he thought were good and strong and to look at how the husbands treated their wives. that that was a way you could learn about love and respect for a woman. Then we talked about respect for men. About how you respect a man by respecting the vows he and his wife made, by respecting the relationship between him and his wife. We talked about how if you give that respect to other men they will give it back to you. By noon we had all of the trees out of the ground and loaded into the back of my pickup and Jeff had a head full of things to think about.

"Mr. Mason, will you still be friends with my grandma?" Jeff asked.

"Of course, Jeff, but I'll always regret what happened. I'll regret having cuckolded your grandpa. He was a good man and I'm not sure how he handled it. I'm sure he knew, he just chose not to acknowledge it. I'm sure in some ways it ate at him. I'm also sorry for Debbie and me, for the loss of discovery that was taken from us that week. But I've forgiven myself and Debbie and your grandma. She really is a good woman at heart. She was just a little misguided. And you don't have to worry about sharing anything we've talked about today with her. As a matter of fact, I want you to do so, as you feel comfortable about it. I think she needs a male perspective. There are a lot of women who do."

We rode in silence to Mom and Dad's house. We did make a quick stop for burgers and fries and arrived just after 2:00. Mom and Janice were waiting nervously as Dad came up and greeted us. We all went inside. Janice got up, hugged her grandson, and said they had things to do and that they had to leave. Then she hugged me and whispered, "I'm sorry" in my ear as she left. I was sure she and Jeff would be having an interesting conversation on the way home and often afterwards.

I turned back to sit down and handed the letter to Debbie. I knew it was going to hurt my mom, but she had to understand that what she had done had hurt four marriages. Then Dad and I went out to take care of those damned apple trees.

We unloaded all the trees out in his back field, in sight of the living room picture window. Then we doused them with gasoline and set a match to them. The rush of flame caught my mom by surprise. My mom asked Debbie "What are they doing?"

"Just burning some apple trees," was her reply. A look of shock and horror were on Mom's face. Debbie asked her, "Did you expect that Bill would be able to live with a daily reminder of my cuckolding him with a man less than half his age? At least he had the courage to take action and reclaim me, but we're going to be spending a lot of time trying to build a stronger marriage. I think it's time you read Bill's letter while the men are out there tending the fire."

Dear Mrs. Mason,

Are you surprised I didn't write "Dear Mom," or even "Dear Mother"? You shouldn't be because your actions over the last few decades toward the family don't qualify as the actions of a Mom. You have put the emotional health of at least four marriages at risk. You arranged for a good man, Jeff Burrows, to be a cuckold. I don't know how he could live each day looking at those trees. I know I couldn't and you've just now seen my response. Right now I'm so upset I'm beside myself. I still feel guilty for making Jeff Burrows a cuckold. I now wonder if the pain and humiliation of that cut his life short. I'm angry that you set me up to be a cuckold. I know Debbie feels really bad about what she did, but you don't need to worry about us. We'll make it, but there's going to be a lot of pain. I'm also upset about what you did to my son, Jason. Now he has to carry the guilt of what you set him up for. But most of all you should worry about Dad. You need to sit down and talk to him about your maple trees, really talk and LISTEN to him. He deserves at least that since you got them by cuckolding him.

As of this moment I will not be talking to you or visiting at your home. Dad is welcome to come and visit any time he wants, but I don't want you in my house or talking to my wife after today. I will be willing to resume a relationship with you after you meet some conditions. First, I want written apologies from you to seven people. You need to start first by apologizing to Dad. He's the person you need to do this for the most. I don't think you understand how those trees make him feel. Then you need to apologize to Debbie for luring her into your scheme. She may seem strong now, but I can tell you she's afraid and fragile. Next you need to apologize to Jeff Emerson for putting him in a position between a man and his wife. Then a letter to Jason and to his wife for stealing some of the delight of discovery between lovers. And finally, you need to apologize to me. Convincing my wife to cuckold me is not the act of a loving mother. Do this and have all of these people bring their letters to me written in your own hand and we can begin rebuilding our relationship.

I want you to know that I'm feeling angry and humiliated. I'm also flabbergasted that this has gone on for so long and that you chose to do it to me. Three generations at least. As for my branch of the family, it ends here. I will get over my anger and humiliation eventually, but the emotional and financial costs are significant. I have to replace my bed and I'm thinking I really need to totally remodel that room entirely to stop being reminded of what went on while I was away. It still hurts. I love Debbie with all my heart and we will be OK, but I'm going to hurt for a long time.

Before I finish I want you to know that despite what you have done I still love you and I always will. You'll always be my mom.

Your loving son Bill

As the trees smoldered down to ashes I went back into my dad's house. I heard a soft sobbing in the living room and saw Debbie holding my mom. I think she was finally seeing just what this little scheme that had gone on for so long had actually cost in pain and heartache. I walked in and told Debbie it was time to go. My mom got up and rushed to me, hugging me tight and saying, "I'm so sorry, William. I never even realized ..."

"I know, Mom," I said. "You need to get yourself together and have a serious talk with Dad, and now you know what you have to do start rebuilding our relationship. Bye, Dad." Debbie and I went out to the truck and left.

As I drove Debbie home she reached over, shyly grabbed my hand and said, "I love you, Bill. Thank you for being strong and putting a stop to this silly scheme. I just wish I'd been as strong as you when your mom came to me with it."

"I know, Deb, I know. But at least you had the guts to let me know. If I hadn't been blindsided, I would have stopped it before it had a chance to get this far. I love you and we'll get past this."

We stopped at Denny's on the way home. We were both too tired to cook. When we got home we went up to the guest room and cuddled into each other. We whispered words of love and fell asleep in each other's arms. Deb woke first and blew in my ear until I came to consciousness.

"You looked so peaceful and contented," she said.

"I am. I feel so much better about myself now that I've dealt with the feelings of guilt I've carried around for better than half my life. I also feel that our relationship is going to come out stronger on the other side of this. I already feel that our communication is better and I feel a greater love for you than ever before. I think I'll call in and take a few more days off. We have a few things to talk about." She reached for me and gave me a gentle kiss. A single tear trickled down her cheek.

"OK, Bill. Let me get dressed and make breakfast and we can talk."

Epilog

We did talk a lot over those two days and decided not to remodel. Instead we sold the house. Jason no longer lived with us and we didn't need the space and I was no longer interested in caring for what amounted to a small estate. We decided on a condo so we could spend more time together on the weekends. We were enjoying life and looking forward to the time we could retire. Having the condo made it so much easier to just pick up and leave for a long weekend, or just take a day trip since we had no yard maintenance.

About a week after I had my tree burning at Dad's a local hardwood lumber company came and removed those maple trees. I guess Mom realized how much pain and stress they were causing dad. He'd kept that pain buried for a long time and now that it was out, Mom realized that she had some work to do. She found a good marriage counselor for them and their marriage is growing stronger by the day. Dad smiles a lot more now.

About two weeks after our little bonfire three cars pulled up to my house. My dad led my son, his wife, and Jeff into my house. The first thing he did was hand me an envelope. It was addressed to me in my mom's hand.

My Dearest William, (that's what she called me when she wanted to show her love)

I am so sorry for what I did to you and to my friends and family. I thought I was giving future wives a loving and caring husband. I have since come to realize, through talking with your father, that his dad taught him more about that than a few hours feminine teaching ever could. He taught you the same and Debbie has expressed that gratitude to him personally in the last few weeks. I have also talked to all of the women who have been involved in this little "make good husbands" scheme and let them know that it is good husbands and fathers that teach young men to be the same. I have also come to the realization that the joy of mutual discovery by young lovers is a far greater gift than being a skilled lover. I am so sorry for stealing that from you and Debbie. I am sorry for the humiliation I have caused you and others.

Please forgive me.

I love you,

Mom

She signed it "Mom" and drew a small tear and a heart at the end. And I had a small tear in my eye as I read it. Everyone who came gave me similar letters written in her hand. Debbie gave me hers last:

My Dearest Daughter Debbie,

I don't know how you can forgive me. I pushed you into breaking the most sacred of vows. I even lied when I said that the husbands I knew were O.K. with it. I really didn't know. I only knew that on the outside the marriages in our families were happy and strong.

Then I talked with Paul after Bill and he burned those trees. I never knew how hurt he was or how those maple trees made him feel. I cried when he told me how they were a constant reminder that I had given myself to another man voluntarily and that I had done it behind his back. I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to Paul.

I am so sorry for doing that to you and sorry for pressuring you into giving in. It looks like Bill is the strongest of our men. You are lucky to have him, you just do what you have to do to keep him and don't worry about me.

Thank you for being my daughter.

I love you,

Mother Mason

As Dad handed me his he quietly said, "Thank you son," and went outside to get Mom. I was standing at the door as he led her in. I took her in my arms, gave her a big hug and whispered through my tears, "I forgive you Mom," and kissed her on the cheek.

tnoldguy
tnoldguy
25 Followers
12