Noah's Starship Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you upset that I brought up your decision? I didn't mean to ruin your birthday, I just don't see you as often and it's important." Dad came and sat on the edge of the bed near where we were.

"That and I just don't know what I want to be. I thought about a writing degree, but you said that wouldn't pay off," I said.

"I just don't want you to be left someday without options. You have a great boyfriend, but what happens if his parents want him back in Iran and married? I have to think of these things. I'm your dad," he said.

"I will take care of him, Sir. He has long time before he need worry for career. I will provide for him," Navid insisted.

"You can't say that for sure. I welcomed you into our home and gave my blessing, but your parents still don't even know who he is to you. I'm not happy about that... You're a good man, Navid, don't get me wrong. But I have to think of my son and his future. I've taken care of him since the minute they handed him to me when he was born. I have to think of his best interest," dad was getting annoyed.

"I will fix things. I will provide for him. I pledge to him long ago that his happiness always come before my own. I promise you this!... Sir," Navid started getting heated, but then remembered his manners.

"Stop it! Both of you!" I interrupted. "I'm right here, and I can speak for myself, I can pick my own major, and I date who I choose!"

"Noah don't yell to your father, is disrespectful," Navid cautioned.

"And I can yell at my father!" I stood up from Navid's arms and faced them both. "This is America and we yell at our fathers and we love who we want and we find our own paths and make our own mistakes. A lot of people marched and fought and died so we could do that and maybe I'll major in that! I'm not sure yet!"

"Then do writing, Noah. Fine, we'll see what kinds of careers you can have with that. Maybe it won't be too bad," dad said and reached for my hand. I took his and squeezed it.

"And dad, I don't know if there's a time limit on this thing with Navid. I really don't and it eats at me all the time, but I love him and this works. I hope you can support that..." I said.

"Of course I can. I'll always support your happiness," dad assured.

"And if it all blows up and he goes back to Iran and gets married and has twelve kids," I started, but Navid interrupted me.

"I not leaving you! You act to think Iran is some black hole that suck me back against my will! Is not alien ship!" Navid got to his feet and I could see the stress in his face.

"Well if the mother ship beams you back up, then I'll cry and fall apart and come running home and I'll figure it out and eventually be ok... Look you guys, I am so blessed to have two awesome and caring guys who love me endlessly. But I also have a voice and I hope you can both learn to let me use it sometimes. Ok?" I asked them. They both nodded.

"And I still don't want cake," I said after a few minutes of silence.

We went back down and found that the party had gone on without us. Mike had served most of the cake and everyone was back to laughing and talking.

They did sing happy birthday to me and then I opened the pile of presents. I got so many clothes, dvds, some new writing journals, and gift cards. Erik made me a mix CD and a t-shirt with a picture of a unicorn with my face on it. In rainbow letters it said, "Fear the Noahcorn." He was weird like that, but I'd wear it. Miguel got me a book he said I would love.

"It's about a gay superhero and it's really good!" Miguel exclaimed.

I thanked everyone and helped clean up the pile of paper. Navid stacked my gifts and carried them up to our room.

I made up the couch for my dad to sleep on. We were out of beds, but it was too late for him to drive home. Navid gave him some clothes to sleep in.

+++ +++

"Did you have good birthday?" Navid asked when we finally curled up in bed that night. He held me against him and stroked my back as he kissed my hair.

"I did! Thank you for making it perfect... and thank you for sticking up for me. You always take care of me," I snuggled into his chest and he squeezed my bottom.

"I meant it, Noah. I will always provide for you. You never have to worry for that. You are my world. I love you," Navid said.

"I love you too," I said while fighting a yawn.

+++ +++

Thanks for reading! Your comments are appreciated. I like to know how people see us... good, bad, or otherwise. It's been a crazy struggle to work out our issues, but we seriously love each other enough to make it worthwhile.