Norway Ch. 02

Story Info
The second part of Norway 1940.
7.5k words
3.89
19.2k
3

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/13/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is a fantasy I just had and like to share with you. I would love to hear your comments, advice and additions to the story. Please contact me at the address in my profile.

If you've enjoyed this story, please write me too - then I might write more!

*

[19/08/1940 ( Saturday ) - times of conciliation]

This day was the second day of my involuntary liberation from Alina's charm. How could such a day be better spend than by repairing the social collateral damages of this fatal affair?

With my last money I bought a bottle of Scotch to attempt a conciliation with Martin. It was the same label that Alina had emptied five days ago, so it should be perfect to calm down his anger on me.

Actually my apology and my present did not only calm him, but also motivated him to share a little conciliation-drink with me. The next hour was taken up with conversation - or to be more accurate: with an endless monologue about his theories about the further development of this war. I was confident that Germany would successfully invade England during the next weeks and that......bla-bla-bla.

At first I really tried to listen to his view of the world, but today I cant recall a single idea of it anymore. The reason was that I started dreaming about Alina again and how she was enjoying her young life. In my daydreams she was having a passionate time with Lena at this evening. The same evening that I was just wasting with ordinary (and boring!) people like Martin.

Suddenly Martin asked "So what do you think of that!"

"It's great!" I replied a little too fast as I didn't even knew what he was talking about.

Martin got suspicious: "You not really concentrated, are you?"

"Sorry - I'm just a little tired, I guess!"

"Are you sure? Or gets your mind distracted by thinking of a beautiful Norwegian girl? The Scandinavians have some quite gorgeous-looking daughters, don't they?"

"You're right!" I unwillingly agreed.

With a conspiratorial smile he dug deeper: "Is it still the knock-out that you had hidden in your room last week?"

Letting him talk about Alina as a 'knock-out' really annoyed me, but as I didn't want to offend him again, I just gave him a silent nod.

"Yeah! This woman was really hot - but a little too presumptuous for my taste. You better take care that you don't get roped into something serious! After all, we Germans are here to occupy, not to get occupied!"

"I'm afraid, your advice comes a little too late!" I responded in a sarcastic tone, glaring at the wooden table.

"So how bad is it, buddy?" he questioned slightly amused by the path this conversation was going.

"Let's say: it hadn't worked out well, but there's no way to get her out of my mind as she's working in the administration of my unit." I summarised the very simplified version of my current worries.

He nodded in pretended sympathy. I hated this look of false charity! How could he be so presumptuous to pretend that he understood the distress I was suffering right now?

But as a guy who was proud of his 'inexhaustible wisdom', Martin still tried to argue with me: "Of course there is a way to get her out of your mind. You always have choices. You just have to accept the consequences of each one that you make."

I looked up from my glass of Scotch beer and into Martin's eyes. Was there really a glimmer of hope? Martin enjoyed my boosted interest for one more second, before he explained his alternative 'solution': "You can try to hide yourself for the next months. Or you can decide to go on and ask for a relocation to another unit. There you might find new chicks and will totally forget your ex-girlfriend within a few weeks!"

I only needed a short moment to decide that his suggestion was not very helpful for my case. "That's not much of a choice!" I objected.

Martin shrugged. "I didn't say they were great ones. Just that you had them."

He was taking about my heartsickness like a blind man might talk about colours! I realised that he would never comprehend what had taken place between Alina and me! I had enough of this advises and decided that it was time to stand up: "Thanks for you help, buddy! I guess I've stolen enough of your time now!".

When I put on my uniform jacket to leave Martin's room, I found Alina's Valkyrie-tag inside its pocket.

Alina had given it to me to remember her - I guessed it had lost it's purpose under the current circumstances. I took it into my hand to have a closer look at it. The tag was made of polished iron and showed a Valkyrie Sword-maiden on her flying horse. She looked as if she was just scanning the corpses of a battlefield for new souls that she could bring to Valhalla!

As I flipped the tag around, I discovered that the backside of it was engraved. I had to turn it so the light shone properly on the Norwegian inscription.

Was it the irony of my destiny that I had never examined the tag that closely before?

I went back to my room to look up the engraving in my dictionary. It said: "The Valkyrie's redemption from eternal perdition will only come to the souls who are brave!"

I grinned in inner sarcasm. After my desertion from Alina, I definitely couldn't consider myself as a 'brave soul' - therefore I couldn't hope for the 'Valkyrie's (=Alina's?) redemption from eternal perdition'. Although I never have been vulnerable for this kind of superstitious bull-shit, I began to feel uneasy at the presence of this tag! It was as if Alina was still mocking me through the spirit of this tag. I had to get rid of it as soon as possible!

On the other hand I wanted to be absolute sure, that I would never have to see this tag again. So I put on my uniform and went for the local river. Outside clouds darkened the sky - the perfect weather to get rid of a cursed object. But as I stood an the bridge, a inner resistance kept me from tossing the tag into the dark and troubled water. Maybe it was the disturbing thought that after the loss of tag there would be noting left the reminded me of Alina. Nothing, except the constant pain in my heart, of course!

So I put back the tag into my pocket and went home.

[20/08/1940 ( Sunday ) - longings]

On my third day of being on sick leave, I was at a loss about what to do. I just didn't felt like seeing Martin again.

All I felt like was staying in bed. From time to time I masturbated as my wishful emotions for Alina washed over me. I hoped that I could drown in them, but instead of some sort of release I only found inner emptiness.

I had to face it : After my breakup with Alina I had become depressed and bitter. But I didn't dare to approach her again as Alina obviously didn't care about me any longer. And that thought depressed me even more. I knew that it was only my own fault, which had brought me to this point and I just should have accepted it and went on.

During my childhood my mother often used to comfort me by saying that time heals all wounds - but how much time would be necessary to heal this wound??

Maybe Martin was right and I really should ask for a relocation to another unit.

[21/08/1940 ( Monday ) - strategic considerations]

During my second medical consultation the doctor of our military hospital informed me about Goebel's activities during my absence; Just at this forenoon Goebel had attempted to convince our Commander Maerzen to summon an investigation committee that should determine the level of my failure when I had left my assigned war-correspondent Hans alone in the woods.

Goebel would probably push my Commander to give me a written warning or even suspend me from service.

And after my experience with Alina, I felt too hollowed out to fight against Goebel. And even if I would succeed against his intrigues, it would have been just a question of time until Lena surely would lead me into the next chaos that Goebel could use to undermine my formal position.

Furthermore a continuance of my bizarre 'partnership' would only mean that Lena uses the protection of my authority to kill even more of her potential opponent. And I definitely wasn't conscience-proof enough for this.

So I though about my options. If I wanted to show some backbone, I had to cancel my partnership with Lena.

But she wouldn't let me go that easily, would she? And if she would take me to a cross-question, would I be strong-minded enough to defend my ambition? With worries I remembered how I had even failed to defend my war corresponded Hans Meyer against her attacks. I knew that my wish to officially end our fatal 'partnership' wouldn't have chance against her strong personality.

The only way out of my mess was to confidentially ask my Commander for a relocation to another unit. As Goebel wanted to get me out of here, Commander Maerzen would approve my request without hesitation and then I just could sneak out this cursed region through the backdoor. Lena wouldn't get the slightest chance to take me to task.

There still was the risk of being sent to a squad in action - but what choices did I have? After all I would re-find my life-balance and built up my military career all over again only far away from Goebel, Lena and Alina - just like Martin had already advised me two days ago.

No sooner said than done. Before noon I had already written a official request. I even managed to enter the office without been seen by Goebel or Alina. Quickly I placed my document into the in-tray of Commander Maerzen's office and left the building unobserved. Now all I had to do was waiting for the notification of approval.

[22/08/1940 ( Tuesday ) - chastity]

[a physical vow of loyalty]

My memories of my unfulfilled love for Alina seemed so fresh although it had been four days and eight hours already, since I had seen Alina for the last time. Although I had decided to leave Alina behind me, deep inside myself I was still waiting for her return. I was really hoping that the approval for my relocation would be arrive soon, because everything at this place had became irrelevant since Alina's absence.

All the time I was picturing Alina sharing endless moments of intimacies with Lena. I wondered what it must feel like for Lena to reveal the sweet body of Alina.

While I was only daydreaming during the days, the nights were even worse: As soon as I closed my eyes, I saw Alina's ambiguous smile. Then it didn't take long until I heard her soft voice, smelt her feminine scent and felt her tender touches. Over and over again I relived the scenes of her sweet seduction and her bitter rejection.

There was just no way I could find sleep under this irritating but alluring delusions.

The insomnia had escalated to the point where I became so fatigued that I lost my ability of differing between reality and imagination. Therefore I wasn't very surprised when I awoke in the middle of the night by some distant noises.

I probably just had dreamt that Alina was unlocking the door to my little flat. But then I heard the opening sound of my door - and this time it sounded so very real! Somebody just entered my flat!!! Who could it be - at around two o'clock in the morning?

I hadn't heard any breaking noises, so the intruder must be possessing a alternative key. And as Alina had been the only one I had ever given any backup key, the intruder could only be Alina!

I tried to compose myself, but it was impossible to stop my heart from beating wildly.

Then I saw the shadow of a woman moving through the darkness. This wasn't Alina, was it? Then the recognition of mysterious woman hit me like a thunderbolt. This could only be...

"Lena?" I asked flabbergasted.

"Yes, soldier! It's me!" I heard the compelling sound of her voice answer before the contours of her face loomed out of the darkness. I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks as my eyes met hers.

Her appearance made me feel totally thrown off my guard. But there see was - right in the middle of my most private sphere. At least I managed to get out of my bed and reach the same eye height, before I asked her: "How did you get inside?"

"Alina was so kind to hand me out the keys you 'borrowed' her."

"Wh..What are you doing here? ...in the middle of the night?" Seeing her fully dressed while I was wearing my pyjama gave me a awkward feeling of inferiority.

But Lena obviously enjoyed the sight of the uneasiness that settled in my stomach.

"I only came to ensure that I get what you have promised me!" she riddled succinctly.

"What?"

"Three weeks ago you had promised to follow my guidance even if it means that you have to sacrifice your own career plans to my interests."

"Yes?" I only responded, as I already had a worrying clue in which direction her explanation was leading to.

"...but now I had to hear that you have asked for a relocation without getting my approval first. I must admit, that I'm a little disappointed by this fact. That was stupid and I'm here to ensure that you're never going to withdraw from you duties again. You're job isn't done yet!"

"It is not as you think it is. Just let me explain..." I tried to find plausible excuses, but a hard face slap from Lena's bare hand cut me off.

"Don't give me your meticulous bullshit, soldier!" she hissed while grabbing the front of my pyjama. I could feel her nails digging into the skin beneath my shirt and undershirt and I winced.

"But how...I mean how can you know?" I gasped, wondering just who could have told her.

"A leader of the Kvinnehird regiment knows more the you might think! In this case for example it happened that the secretary for the general management got sick. Therefore commander Maerzen had asked your new office assistant Alina Valaas to fill in for her. It took Alina just the unsupervised time of the lunch break to spy out the whole military correspondence of the last week. And you might want to call it part of your destiny that it was your request was lying just on top of the in-tray."

After a short moment of silence she continued: "Anyway - tomorrow I expect you back in the office of your unit - working eager and hard to fulfil your part of our partnership!"

After her recent face-slap I had become too afraid for a direct refusal of her command, so I pleaded in desperation:

"But... there is still Alina in the office."

"You're cute! But you shouldn't worry for her - I know that she can handle the situation!" Lena grinned sarcastically as she fully understood, that I was more worried about my limited capability to handle this situation!

Emboldened by her recent kindness, I risked the burning question.

"What if I just reject to go back to my unit? You can't force me to work on your behalf?"

"Then you soon will be faced by an anonymous charge you regarding the misappropriation of properties of the German army - especially the selling of Eric's stable to me for this ridiculous price."

"That's blackmail!" I protested.

"And so?"

This bold reply hit me in total surprise.

As I was too confused to find a appropriate answer, Lena went on: "Listen, soldier! If you want to try to challenge my friendliness, go on and see what it brings you! I will personally incriminate you and take care that you will be sent to the worst German penal camp in Norway. I will do my best to make the rest of your life the living hell for you. But you still have the chance to experience a much kinder side of me. As long as you work for my interests, you can count on my protection. It's your choice!"

"Okay, okay! I'll work for you!" I hissed compliantly, as I had little doubt, that she would realise her threat if she needed. After all I had seen what Lena was capable of doing to Knut.

"But my request for a re-location as already been pronounced. And there are certain enviers in my office that will do everything that is necessary to ensure that this request will get approved?"

She gave a snort of derision. "Yeah - you have brought yourself into a total mess, haven't you? But I probably still don't know that the local leader of the Rikshird had come to an agreement with the German head of this district to build up an independent staff unit to coordinate the German-Norwegian activities. The German Army will create several regional funds that had to been administrated by a German officer. As my you have been such a useful partner to me, I want you to apply for this position and take care that this money will be generously 'invested' for the buildup of my Kvinnehird section!"

"That's very kind of you!" I thanked her submissively, while I cursed her plan in silence.

"You see: 'I am part of that part of the Whole that seeks to do ill, but does good!'." she smiled - her white teeth were flashing in the queer street-light that shone from the window into my small room.

"I've heard it somewhere..." I brooded.

"Don't bother your brain. These are the words that Mephistopheles used to introduce himself to Faust. Have you read 'Faust'?"

"Not that attentively, I guess!"

"You should read it again then!"

"I will!" I promised, while my mind was already planning my escape from her claws! I would had to play along her power-hungry plans only for some weeks. In the meantime I could secretly gather documents that would prove the correctness of my selling of Knut's horse-farm to Lena. Then her blackmail would become obsolete and I would be free again.

But first I had to get her out of my room!

"So are we done now?" I said with a sigh, indicating that I wanted her to leave.

"Not that fast, soldier!" she just laughed while her hands placed on my chest and pushed me back on my bed. As I tried to get up again she quickly straddled my body. I was much too bewildered by her physical force to show any serious resistance and before I even understood the whole situation, Lena had already pinned my arms under her knees.

I got really excited as I still wondered what she was planning. But very soon I got quite a good clue!

At first Lena began to pull her long silk scarf from her cleavage and let it slip over her hands. While she still held the scarf in her hand, she slowly grabbed my right arm. I let her proceed as she looked just too seductive with the splendid blond hair spilt below her shoulders.

But then she raised my grabbed arm over my head and moved it against the bars of the headboard. I tried to jerk my arm back, but the only result was that I got slapped by her other hand.

"Well? Hand off and let me have my play with you! Or do you want me to tell the German military police about your recent breaches of duty instead?"

A look up her magnificent body right into her imperious face let me freeze. I had never seen a woman with such an aura of confidence. There was no question in her mind that she would break me.

As she saw that my resistance had sagged, she praised my new-found willingness in bitter sarcasm: "Good soldier! Now keep your wrists above your head!"

I felt the scarf being slipped around my right wrist. Then Lena drew her scarf up against the bars of the headboard, leaving one long end and one short. Soon my other wrist was taken and firmly tied at the bars. The remaining end was used for some final criss-crossing turns.

Experimentally she tugged on the scarf to assured herself that my bonds were insuperable. It was and a mischievous smile of satisfaction appeared on Lena's face. She alluringly brushed a lock of blond hair from her forehead and asked me in untroubled self-satisfaction: "Did you know that the Vikings had found quite an effective way to ensured loyalty?"

"N...no?" I hesitatingly answered as I became a little scared by her words. But a part of me was also still excited, wondering what she was hinting.

"Great! So let my tell you something about my culture, soldier! Before a Valkyrie would bring the lost soul of a Viking soldier to Valhalla, she demands a holy vow of loyalty from him. With this vow the warrior had to accept the Valkyrie as his superior mistress and swore that any of his prospective actions would only be done on behalf of her. As this vow of loyalty was binding for the eternity, the Valkyrie furthermore enforced a spell of eternal chastity over her chosen man to protect him from the temptation of breaking his vow ever."