Nothing But the Best

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Um, I...I, uh, before we make any plans, I want to, uh...I mean, we should get your permission to —"

Interrupting the nervous child, the mother says to her son, "Don't you need to visit the men's room?" She winks.

He nods. "I'll be back in two shakes."

The young woman giggles.

When he's gone, Claire reaches across the table and lays a comforting hand on the girl's tensed fist. She can't believe what she's about to say, but she forces it out before she can change her mind.

"It's alright, Marie. If you both love each other, you have my unqualified consent. You should never be afraid of anyone, least of all me."

The girl grins. "That's what he tells me. You're just so...so beautiful, and so strong. I see it in your eyes, just like he said I would. Now I understand why he loves you so much." A long second later, she adds in a secretive, near-whisper, "More than most men love their mothers."

He's told her! How could he betray me like that?

The mother stares wide-eyed at the young woman. Her stomach is in knots. Now she is the one who is afraid. She wishes they were in a dark bar somewhere instead of this outdoor cafe, so the girl couldn't see the panic in her face.

"Uh, Marie... It is Marie, isn't it? I...I'm not sure what he's said about our, um, our relationship. Please be assured that I would never allow myself to come between you and my son."

The young woman smiles understandingly. "I love your son almost as much as you do. When he talks about you, I hear in his voice and see in his expressions that you're the most important person in his world. Just like you, I would give him up before I would ever allow myself to come between the two of you."

Claire cocks her head, baffled. They are at an impasse. "I don't understand, Marie. Exactly what is it that you want from me?"

"Let me join you. Allow me to share him with you. We can both love him and give him the happiness he deserves."

The girl's intentions are becoming clear. "Do you mean...together?" Claire asks.

The young woman nods. Her voice is soft, but agitated. "He says you're the best lover he's ever known."

"Doesn't that bother you?"

"No," the girl says quietly. Then she displays a coy smile. "Well, yes. 'Bothered' might be a good word for it."

A soft, stockinged foot grazes the inside of Claire's calf. Her panties go damp again. It's been nearly thirty years since she was with another woman. She has never shared a lover.

The young woman seems sincere. There's a reverence in her eyes. She seems in awe of his mother. Her hands have balled into fists again. She's anxious.

So many things could backfire. The freshness and sensuality of this young woman are intimidating. The older woman knows she isn't the beauty she once was. The implications crowd her mind. Despite what the young woman says, she can envision her role in her son's life gradually declining until she is alone and forgotten.

Stiffening and pulling her leg away, Claire inquires, "Exactly how do you propose for this to work? I hope you're not naive enough to think that we could be equals. Am I to be my son's plaything when you tire of him?"

"No! You will always be first in his eyes," Marie replies emphatically. "I expect to live by your rules."

"Except where his rules apply."

"No, ma'am. We both agree that I should take my orders from you." She glances up, gesturing his return.

He takes his seat and casually pulls the martini olive off the toothpick with his teeth. It reminds his mother of the way he bites her nipple. They harden at the thought.

Her son asks, "Well, did you two come to any decisions?"

"Marie was just explaining some foolish notion that she should obey me instead of her husband."

He grins, his perfect white teeth gleaming. "Yeah, Mom. That's the way we want this to work. Marie will be your protege, with your permission, of course. I couldn't begin to explain to her how you come up with those marvelous things that..." His eyes scan surreptitiously, checking that no one is listening. "Well, those things that you do so well. My expectations are that, regardless of what I say, she should abide by whatever you tell her."

"Anything," Marie says. The sultry intensity in her eyes leaves little doubt as to how far she will go.

"That's preposterous," Claire says. "Why on earth would you kowtow to me?"

The young woman's voice is soft but excited. "Even if I wanted to, fighting you for his affections would hurt everyone. If you'll let me, I would much rather love him alongside you. I will do whatever I can to prove that I'm worthy of both of you."

Claire can't argue with that logic. Her own mother-in-law was an iron-clad bitch who had made it abundantly clear that no woman -- particularly Claire -- would ever be good enough for her darling son. Their marriage had been doomed before it began.

This girl is clever. She's building bridges early in the game. But is she too clever? Is her intent to brown-nose her way into the marriage, then brush his mother aside?

Marie adds, "...And I hope I can depend on your help as our family grows."

Claire's heart leaps. "Children? How many?"

"Three," her son replies quickly.

"We can start with three," Marie corrects him gently, and he glares at her. "We've discussed a larger family. Four or five. Maybe more." She turns to his mother. "What do you think is a good number?"

The older woman smiles. Thank God, Marie isn't spineless. The skillful young woman asserts control with a velvet glove, the way a good wife should. But she seems willing to defer to Claire for this important decision. It's an impressive first step in their nascent relationship.

As much as the mother loved her son, she'd always regretted not trying for more children -- at least one daughter -- when she had the chance. She would have wanted a daughter like Marie.

"Yes. Five sounds about right," she says.

Her son groans. The two women laugh softly.

"Assuming you have a son, what then?" his mother asks. They all know what she's getting at.

Her son looks across the table at his prospective fiance. "I think that when the time is right, our sons should benefit from all of their mother's wisdom."

"Absolutely," Marie says to his mother. "As passed along from their grandmother."

Grandmother. The word fills Claire with a beatific warmth. She's equally thrilled at the prospect of helping with the conceptions. Her mouth waters when she thinks of licking Marie's pussy, still dripping with her son's cream after he's just impregnated her. Slipping her foot out of her heels, she stretches her toes out under the table to caress Marie's leg.

The younger girl's eyes brighten. "Of course, I'll probably need some help with their Daddy for a few months each year. Maybe you could come live with us?" She affects a sigh, rolling her eyes. "He can be so demanding sometimes."

While his mother stifles a laugh, the man sneers at his would-be bride. "Oh, yeah, Mom. Did I mention that any time Marie doesn't do exactly as you say, discipline often helps. She enjoys a little punishment now and then, don't you dear?"

Marie lowers her eyes with a pinched grin and nods. She's blushing.

Yes, things are looking up. Claire leans forward, reaching up to her son's forehead to push that unruly lock back into place. It flops back down immediately. She laughs to herself, stroking the back of her fingers across his cheek. He closes his eyes, leaning into her touch. Even when he's fucking her, he will always be her little boy.

"My son deserves only the best, Marie. Every few years or so he needs a gentle reminder of what a good life he has."

Without warning, her arm flies back and she slaps him. Marie yelps, and the whole cafe gasps, staring at them. It seems even the traffic draws to an uneasy hush, waiting to see what will happen.

"Are you afraid of this adorable creature?" she scolds her son, gesturing toward Marie.

"No, mother," he replies with an amused smile, rubbing his cheek. He knows what's coming.

"From what I see, you won't find a better woman on this earth, son. If I have to put that ring on her finger myself then I'm taking her with me, and you're going to have a damned lonely night."

Even before he goes down on one knee, Marie is grinning and weeping, declaring, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" The cafe erupts in applause.

Claire sits back in her chair and drains her martini while the young lovers kiss passionately. She loves her son beyond measure. Now it appears she's getting the loving daughter she would have wanted, too. A saucy, fearless whore of a daughter. A daughter just like herself.

12