Nothing Like a Witch

Story Info
From despair to a life in full again.
3.5k words
4.31
14.5k
7
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

by Graeme McGregor (c)

Widow Irene Daniels' two children lived in other countries. She appeared happy but would awake most nights and weep.

No one knew of her deep loneliness and she was determined to keep it that way.

Now she was crying in despair, thinking she'd done the wrong thing earlier in the day with a problem better suited for a male to deal with.

Irene had suspected the two lazy and disrespectful guys from Ford Construction engaged in converting the front porch of her house into a sunroom and then re-roofing the entire house, were taking an extra-long lunch break again.

She went out to call them back to work and found them engaged in a sexual act.

She'd screamed at them, "You scum get out of my sight," she yelled. "You're fired."

A long ten minutes' later she heard them drive away with one of them yelling "Bitch."

Irene had sighed, made coffee and sat out in her favorite spot in the garden under the weak sun in a small town out from Des Moines, Iowa.

Chicago-born Irene considered her former marital home to be 'in the middle of nowhere.' Now she felt even more isolated and dealing with a huge problem she had been left with. Knowing the front of the house was no longer weather-proof she slapped her forehead and cried, "What now?"

A little later a woman from the construction firm called her and said a guy called Larry was on his way to her home to estimate the value of the work completed and the company would asked her to sign off the report for termination of the contract and then the company's proposed full and final financial settlement would be negotiated with her.

Irene had no wish to be involved in another guy who might be sexually adrift.

"Is this Larry gay?"

"I'm sorry Mrs Daniels but it's not our policy to comment on the sexual preferences of anyone."

"Far enough Mrs McKenzie but I'm not seeking dissolution of contract. All I require is a replacement crew to finish the job."

"I'm sorry Mrs Daniels but our report from the men you fired describes you as meddlesome, authoritarian, unreasonable and sanctimonious. I guess I'm not supposed to tell you that. Um Mr and Mrs Ford have decided the best way out of this impasse is premature contract termination. If you don't understand..."

"I'm qualified in law and accountancy Mrs McKenzie."

"Oh then it's likely you will seek legal redress?"

Irene gritted her teeth.

"Mrs McKenzie I'm undecided about my next moves. Please have those two scurrilous layouts that if they come within half-a mile of me again their future years of potential reproductive ability will end abruptly."

"Mrs Daniels is that a threat?"

"Call it what you like Mrs McKenzie. Good day to you."

Irene returned inside the house and after draining a glass of straight bourbon she burst into tears exclaiming, "Oh god, what have I done; I've added to the mess I'm in."

She went off to do her hair.

The guy she'd been told to expect knocked on the open front door and called, "Hi Mrs Daniels, I'm Larry Holmes from Ford Construction. Am I a welcomed caller?"

"Of course you are Larry," Irene said, arriving at the door smiling and neatly combed-up and tidily dressed and fresh lipstick. "Please come in; coffee?"

Larry said thanks and removed his hat and boots.

"I'm the company's troubleshooter," he said, as they shook hands. "I must admit I arrived here somewhat apprehensively."

"Why what were you expecting?"

He said disarmingly, "A witch."

They laughed and he suggested she make coffee while he looked at the area under renovation.

He returned shaking his head.

"What's wrong?"

"Phil and Sam have under-estimated the amount of work left to complete. I can see why you would be upset by their slow approach."

Irene burst into tears and cried, "Oh god, what have I done."

The next thing she knew Larry had her in a bear hug and was crooning, "Now then take a deep breath. I can see you are one of those emotional females, very much like my wife. Come along now another deep breath and I'll let you go."

Irene was trembling because it was the first time she'd been touched beyond a handshake by a male since man-hugs at the funeral of Tom after his fatal fall off the roof.

She poured Larry's coffee and he said, "I knew your late husband Tom a little. He sometimes did our company's external accounting audit personally. I though he was a pleasant guy."

"He was," Irene said, holding back sniffing.

"Mrs Daniels..."

"Please call me Irene."

"Wow that's a cool name for a witch."

They laughed.

"Irene here's what I propose to keep this project moving forward as we must avoid you being caught by any premature arrival of winter."

"Bart Ford and wife want termination of this contract. Phil who worked on this project is Mrs Ford's brother and she wishes to avoid him being caught up in further controversy but I cannot tell you more than that."

"With your agreement I recommend I return to Bart and suggest we retain the contract and send in a full team from our roofing division as soon as possible and replace the entire roofing as specified in the existing contract. That would be completed within two working days."

"I'll then propose that Bart hires my older brother Leo to complete this contract with you."

"Leo returned recently from roaming through Europe for three years and worked as a construction journeyman with US qualifications. He's just gained registration as a building construction contractor in this State and is preparing to develop his own small company specializing in home remodeling work."

"Oh Larry that sounds what I need and I feel I can trust you to make this work. More coffee?"

"I'll leave that second coffee till I finish up here completing the information Bart needs before into termination mode or considering my alternative."

"Yes of course," flushed the now happy 52-year old and Larry to look at her thoughtfully.

Three days later, with the new roofing completed and signed off, Larry arrived to introduce his brother Leo who'd been told to expect 'a sweet and happy widow'.

Leo, a divorcee who was forty-eight and already tired of his brother and sister-in-law attempting to stitch him up with so-called hot dates, had been told the full story about the firing of the former construction crew by a so-called witch.

Larry had assured his brother Mrs

Daniels was no more a witch than Leo was a gnome.

"Hi Mrs Daniels."

"Hello Leo, you must call me Irene."

They shook hands and looked down, both feeling the slight electrical charge

generated by that touching.

"Well you two appear to have compatibility," Larry said slyly. "I must be off."

"Oh Larry just a minute, I have a small something to thank you for your kindness."

She darted indoors.

The two men looked at one another, each with an eyebrow raised.

Larry suggested a cake while Leo guessed more creatively, a twin turbo-charged broomstick.

Irene emerged looking flushed and Leo looked startled as if noticing her attractiveness for the first time.

She handed Larry a large and well-filled shopping bag.

"There was no need," Larry said happily. Pulling out the bulky garment he yelped "Christ."

It was a top-of-line water and wind proof down-packed anorak for outdoor use in severe weather and favored by power line companies.

The two men examined it together, temporarily ignoring the happy donor. Acting like two boys they had her smiling.

Larry went to shake her hand, thanking her and Irene drew him into a hug and said she regarded him as the kindest trouble-shooter in the entire world.

"Here's the exchange document in case you'd prefer a different type of jacket construction."

He glanced at it and whistled, "Three hundred bucks, that's a very generous thank you."

"And here's a fruit cake I baked especially for you and Mrs Holmes."

That evening when Leo called out he was off and was happy with the progress he'd made and had ordered the window frames complete with glazing to arrive on Friday morning. Larry would help fit them on Saturday.

"Oh wonderful, that's real progress," Irene said, arriving with a bag.

"Here's a cake for you and Mrs Holmes."

Leo said there was no Mrs Holmes. He explained she'd dumped him three and a half years ago after becoming infatuated with a guy at her workplace and took their daughter with her. That's why he'd left his job and slunk off to Europe.

Irene burst into tears and said cried she was so sorry.

Leo held her softly and said it was okay, that the pain had left him.

They remained in that hug for about a minute, standing like two lost souls that had somehow had found one another.

Irene broke away and advised him to keep the cake in a tin in a pantry or cupboard and it should last for weeks, even months.

"Not at the rate I'll devour it," he smiled.

"You're lonely, aren't you?"

He nodded, losing only some intensity of his smile.

"May I suggest you hug me when you arrive each morning and when you are about to depart each afternoon, perhaps like you and your mother used to do. That will hasten us to develop a friendship. You need more friends to re-establish yourself back in your homeland. Are you meeting new people?"

"Yes Larry and Eleanor have been helpful in that direction and I've met some of the neighbors in the vicinity of the house I've bought near here, over in Mitchellville actually. I've commenced a major renovation of my house intending to on-sell it and already have received two enquiries from possible prospects."

"Or else nosey neighbors."

"Yeah right. You appear to have a sharp mind. Have you worked in some demanding field?"

"I'm a registered accountant and used to work at home for my husband's partnership and now I operate on my own account."

"I need an accountant and the workload will increase when I launch my business in Des Moines and engage two or three crews as I become established."

"Well consider me for the role. I have capacity to take on more work."

Next morning Leo arrived fresh and chirpy and they hugged.

He looked down at Irene as asked without embarrassment, "Should we kiss as well?"

She nodded and cupped an arm over the back of Leo's neck and pulled down his head.

The kiss was short and sweet and they broke apart with big smiles.

"Well off to work. I'll be continuing with the framing for the windows."

"Great and I invite you to lunch; do you like meatballs?"

"Yes and we had them about once a week when we were growing up. But I've brought my lunch."

"I suggest a solution for that. After lunch walk south from here on the road that passes this house. About three hundred yards away you'll find a depression on the left. You'll find it hold a pond inhabited by ducks. They will be interested in the lunch you arrived with."

On Wednesday afternoon on the following week with the exterior of the sunroom now fully water-tight there was a heavy rainstorm.

Irene went in to the new room where Leo was working on affixing the 5-inch wide maple planks over the ceiling insulation.

He leaned on the top of the ladder and looked down at her and said hi, lifting his ear-muffs headset.

"Hi."

She said, "The rain on the roof is deafening."

"What was that?"

They laughed

"Driving will be treacherous. Do you wish to stay here tonight?"

"That's a bad idea; what would the neighbors think?"

She sighed and said sorry she hadn't thought about his reputation.

He cocked his head and said, "Whose reputation?"

She asserted she was not worried about neighborhood speculation.

Leo asked was her bed on offer or a bed in the guest room?

She hesitated with her answer.

He coaxed, "Be brave but speak you own mind."

"The offer is to share my bed."

"Bravo Irene what a sound decision. Let me continuing this planking and I'll join you for coffee in forty-five minutes when I'll need a break from neck-bending.

* * *

Omigod, Irene practically wheezed. She'd invited a man into her bed who was practically a stranger. A few years ago her mom (not a witch) may have taken to her with a broom but fortunately she was now playing lawn bowls in a retirement village and serving behind the bar from 4 pm to 7 pm. Despite remaining involved her mom would occasionally stare somewhat bewildered at someone and ask was it Saturday or Sunday (usually it was Friday).

Planning the evening meal Irene thought Leo would be missing his mom and that was desert ticked off – obviously it should be apple pie.

Well he was lean but looked the type to eat well and so she decided on a roast chicken dinner and then sat with a cup of chamomile tea that should calm her nerves.

Irene was pleased she'd put on clean sheets yesterday but where would she hide the big towel because if she were truly arousing she'd gush like a burst street water main, er a little like a ruptured house water pipe .

Would she want him to wear a condom and would he want to wear a condom and did that mean he might have to wear two condoms and how long would he last, an hour, or all night?

Oh decisions, decisions.

She turned pale at the next thought in the wake of 26 years of a sexually active marriage that had slammed to a stop upon her husband's death. What if her channel had shrunk from not being penetrated?

The possibility of such ignominy perhaps with him turning red in the face failing to make headway would embarrassing her dreadfully, particularly if in frustration he declared she had the tightest cunt on the Planet. Er more likely the word would be pussy or vagina; he wouldn't call it a cunt in her presence would he?

"I can't believe with the possibility of resuming having sex at my age of 50-plus could plunge me into negative thinking after all my experience," she groaned. "Am I seeing problems that don't exist? Perhaps I should test the situation with the handle of my hairbrush."

"Ah talking to yourself eh?" Leo said coming into the room behind Irene. "What's this about the handle of your hairbrush – is it broken."

"No."

"Oh."

"Um is there a chance of coffee?"

"Oh yes of course. I appear to be in limbo."

Leo said kindly, "Look if the thought of having sex again after the death of your husband a couple of years ago then we should pull back. Larry told me he slipped on the roof and fell headlong."

"Yes he died instantly hitting the concrete driveway."

Attending to the coffee machine Irene said, "Leo the truth is I felt hugely flattered that the question of having sex has arisen and that has rather excited me. You see I'd reached the conclusion that no man would ever touch me in that way again. It was a distressing thought as I had great sex over the years and at times some experiences were virtually unforgettable."

"Of course and I understand your thoughts are now in transition. I mean it's quite a step thinking about it to actually doing it. Yes perhaps we should back off."

"You are very kind Leo. Let me ask you this, if we decide to continue with plan A how would you suggest we proceed?"

"That's an excellent question because up on the trestle I was thinking the same thing and considered you might be thinking you were in a perilous situation and might be looking for a bolt hole."

"I came up with this possible scenario but not thinking I would be proposing it. I thought we should start having a couple of drinks, sitting very close together and could engage in a couple of kisses. Then you'd stand and say you were off for a bath before dinner and midway to the doorway you'd turn and invite me to join you in about five minutes."

"Oh my, that sounds so inviting Leo, a romantic overture. And I guess we face each other in the bath stirred along by the alcohol and steam and we begin exploratory touching and one thing should lead to another."

"Right and it's the tentative start to romance. I recall seeing that method of seduction in a couple of films, so I'm not the creator of the idea."

"But you believe in it?"

"Yes Irene I do absolutely. I've double up in the bath a few times after sex but never before engaging."

"Well I think it's a magnificent idea and the warm water should prevent me from getting cold feet."

They laughed and Leo was asked what time should they have drinks.

"How does 5:30 sound?"

"Excellent."

"I'll have the bath partly filled with water by then and when I return to the bathroom, very excited, I'll top up with hot water."

"I'll be excited too because you are a damn attractive woman Irene."

"For my age..."

Leo laughed and said he was too long in the tooth to answer a question like that. He suggested Irene should remember to figure out a desirable water level to cater for two people rather than one.

Shen smiled and said of course, aware that an over-flowing bath would ruin their big moment.

* * *

Leo entered the bathroom nude with an erection no more than half-mast.

"I anticipated you'd be equipped impressively."

"Thanks," he said. "Remove the flannel so I can sight your tits."

"Wow and thanks... you are well-hung too."

Irene laughed and held out a hand and pulled him over to the side of the bath partly and unhurriedly took his dick into her mouth and immediately it accelerated into full erection.

"I believe I'm healthy done there," he said. "I always use condoms."

Irene, fluttering her tongue against his shaft lifted her far elbow high and he took the hint and began fondling that breast.

Within two minutes she pulled away from his dick with a plop and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

"I want you to be engaged more. Hop in and work my tits; I haven't forgotten how much I enjoyed having them licked and sucked and jiggled."

"Tenderly I suppose?"

"Well yes, at least initially. I may as well reveal that once we get going I react best when I'm dealt with roughly. This is no time for secrets. I also swallow and this afternoon I shaved pussy for you to enjoy fully and away disappeared my hairy bush."

"Yummy," Leo said, now well aroused as I darted in as the full fat nipple almost beckoning to him.

Mishearing that Irene said, "Yes you can call me mummy and ask me to teach you how to fuck. And mummy likes hearing filthy whispering."

* * *

For the next three weeks Irene most wore only her dressing gown and Leo knew he was welcome to take a break for sex whenever he felt like it, which was often. He was amazed that a woman aged fifty-two could maintain such a capacity to sex and also enjoy having it so fulsomely.

When he completed the contract Irene expected that to be the end of their association.

But no. Leo said he was ready to engage Irene as his accountant and to become secretary of his company he was in the process of establishing.

She said was he sure that was the right thing to do and he said yes as the pressure to begin creating an income to more than match the outgoings would create a desirable incentive to get his ass into gear.

He took Irene to see his house that he intended to flick on for a good profit. It was in a mess. At Irene's suggestion they decided to set up the company's office at her home and for Leo to shift in with her.

They both agreed that was perfect for them both and two nights later they went to a restaurant to celebrate their joint venture as Irene had decided to provide half of the capital for the establishment of the new company.

At the restaurant when they were finishing with brandies, Leo handed Irene a small dark blue box and looking at her deeply he asked please would she marry him.

Irene kissed his hand and then fumbling to open the ring box and said yes she loved him and looked forward to a wedding. Smiling even more she said it was time for Leo to meet the family.

- - - /// - - -