Obsession

Story Info
Ordinary girl finds herself drawn to dashing neighbor.
9.3k words
4.42
84.2k
14
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My name is Mary. An ordinary girl of working class background. I have just recently moved in this apartment building in London so I can be near the hospital where I worked. When I first came to England, I lived in the hospital's dormitory where I endured boarding with noisy and sometimes untidy roommates. Usually, it's a race when using the shower and toilet. After several months, I got a promotion and managed to move into an apartment of my own. In my new apartment, the rent was, of course, much pricier than the dorm in exchange for the privacy and quietness that I value very much. At last, I have my own private world. And then, I met him.

We met when we boarded the same elevator as I was coming home from work one night.

"3rd floor please," I said

"Good, I'm on the same floor too," he said as he pressed button 3. I can tell that he's Scottish by his accent. He had dark crew cut hair, blue green eyes that have a penetrating look, semi-clean shaven chin and he stood very tall, maybe 6 feet. He was wearing boots, khaki pants, brown turtle neck shirt and a black leather jacket. Despite of his heavy clothing, I can tell that he had a large built and all in all he was ruggedly handsome.

There was brief silence.

"I'm Gerry," he turned to me.

"Mary," I replied politely with a prim smile.

I was about to start a conversation when the elevator door opened and we've already reached the 3rd floor. As I walk in front of my apartment door, I looked around and found him standing in front of the apartment opposite mine. I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment when he looked back and saw me staring at him.

"Good night, neighbor" he cheerfully spoke.

"Yes," was all I managed to say as I turned my door key and went inside.

That was the start. Every time I come home at 7pm, we always ride the same elevator on the way to the third floor. Although I am intrigued by my Scottish neighbor, I never seemed to have the courage to start a conversation with him. Besides, I know that I shouldn't be nosy because in this country, people usually keep their noses out of each other's business even to their next door neighbors. Aside from that, I already have a steady boyfriend who I've been dating for almost ten months. And yet, there was something magnetic about this neighbor of mine.

My boyfriend Jack is also working in the same hospital as I am. He was the junior supervisor of the accounting department while I work at the Sonography department a few meters away. He was about five feet eight. His body is quite of a lanky built and he had red hair and dark brown eyes which according to him, was inherited from his Irish ancestors. Our relationship started during the hospital Christmas Party and he seems to be the man for me because our friends and even my family are approve of our relationship. Actually, we were being pressured to get married as soon as possible.

"Do us a favor, Mary," says Meg, my co-worker, during our lunch time "tie the knot. We want to see a real fairy tale love story here."

"Yeah," agrees Bess, "you're both on a marrying age so why the delay?"

"I know girls that you want Jack and I to get married soon," I laughed, "but why the rush? We're still young enough and I don't need to hurry everything."

"Well, you're both not getting any younger," Meg contradicted "Besides, has nothing happened yet between you and Jack?"

I was tongue tied. Meg's question has caught me off guard that I suddenly didn't know what to say. For ten months that we've been together, Jack has tried to coax me to do it and live with him but being a conservative sort who believes that marriage comes first before consummation, I always refuse and so far, we've only resorted to kissing and petting.

"Well, it's between me and Jack" what I managed to say after recovering from shock, "and by the time he and I get married, I'll send you a copy of what we did on our honeymoon."

"Everything?" Meg and Bess naughtily giggled.

"Yes, my precious!" I replied with a gloat while imitating Gollum followed by our roar of laughter. In the Radiology department, we were all like family and we are all used to naughty jokes. As the saying of the seasoned medical staff goes: you're not a legitimate medical staff if you're not into naughty jokes.

7 pm. I was alternately running and walking fast on the entrance steps of the apartment building but I knew that I was not in the rush to get home. At the back of my head, I know that I was in the rush for the elevator ride. With him.

The elevator door was closing but in a nick of time, I managed to press the button and the door opened. To my surprise, I saw him standing there. Beside him, no! entwined to him, is a slender brunette with a skimpy dress almost showing her derrière and her enormous breasts were nearly yawning out.

Silicon bitch! I cursed in my head as I looked at them with contempt.

"Going up neighbor?" he smiled at me with a hint of wickedness.

Where else? This is the ground floor, you fool! Was what I wanted to say to him.

"Yes," was my prim reply as I got inside.

The elevator door closed.

"Well, talk me about going down, darling," I heard the brunette teased him.

"Why the talk? We'll do it baby" he said.

I was trying not to listen to their obscene conversation. But my mind was raging with thoughts.

What sort of country is this to allow public displays of affection—no! Public display of vulgarity!

The thing about this foreign country that I still find uncomfortable is seeing people kissing in public places as if they were the only people present.

Wait! What am I thinking? What do I care about this idiot? I should be minding my own business.

For some unknown reason, I took out my face powder and as I try to powder myself, I saw on the mirror that they were kissing passionately. Mouths open as tongues flick and slid with one another. His left arm was entwined on her waist while his right one is lifting her left thigh. The brunette was purring and moaning while her right hand is cupping the back of his head and her left arm is wrapped around his neck. I silently clamped down my face powder and to my relief, the elevator door opened just in time. Without looking anywhere, I darted straight to my apartment door and fumbled for the key. I know that the impassioned pair were behind me because I can clearly hear their moans and whispers. I finally found my door key and after unlocking the door I went inside. Once I got in, I leaned against the door. To my surprise, I was panting and hyperventilating. It's from running, I keep telling myself, just from running.

After eating dinner, I decided to take a bath. Tomorrow is Sunday and I decided to give myself a hot dip in the tub. In this busy city, a hot bath is as revitalizing as a weekend holiday. Jack is in the office working late. As usual. We seldom go out on a date for several months now. I don't know if it's because I understand that he had a workaholic streak or it's just that I've grown used to going home alone. While waiting for the tub to be filled with hot water, I undressed myself until I was only wearing my underthings. I was on my way to removing my bra when I saw the wardrobe mirror and stood in front of it. At first I was embarrassed to look at my nearly naked body but soon, I managed to get over it and gathered my courage. Standing in front of me is an ordinary looking girl with shoulder length dark hair. Instead of abs muscles, baby fat is gathered around my belly because I was too busy to take up exercise classes and my salary is only enough to keep me from being thrown out of my apartment and enough to financially support my ailing mother. But I'm proud of my legs because they remained shapely because I always walk my way to work. I proceed to slowly unhook my bra as I stare at myself. This is funny. I smiled to myself. Never mind. It's just for fun.

Once I removed my bra, I stared at my bare breasts. They were a bit small like pears unlike that brunette's enormous breasts that my neighbor must be humping with at this moment. At least mine was natural unlike hers, I stoutly told myself. I thought of removing my low rising silk panties. My imagination began to run. The mirror was no longer in front of me. Instead, a man was standing there with his eyes fixed on me. I know that he wants me because his eyes are burning with desire. He seemed to be fighting the urge to touch me but finally, he gives in. His face was blurred at first but as he gets nearer, his face becomes more and more familiar. Those penetrating blue green eyes...

Damn it! What was I thinking? My mind cut through my imagination. I hastily went and dipped into the tub without thinking of removing my panties.

Drowsiness is hanging heavily on me as I make my way to the bedroom. My brain is too sleepy to remind me that I should change into my nightshirt. Nightshirt, I smirked to myself, how old fashioned! I'll sleep in my robe instead.

As I lay my head on the pillow, I expect to be taken to slumber land but it seems that I haven't for I found that I was still lying on my bed. It was a bit dark. Another power interruption perhaps.

"Wake up sleeping beauty," I heard a man's voice. Jack. It's his voice.

"You shouldn't be sleeping on your honeymoon. Now wake up and please your husband."

I smiled naughtily, rolled over and lay on my stomach.

"How about this darling?" I teased. To my amazement, I felt his sinewy hands stroke my back down to my waist, to my behind and to my legs. I tried to hold my breath but I found myself start panting.

"Perfect" his voice turned husky. He stood up and walked further into the dark but I could see him slowly removing his clothes. I tried to look sexy and anticipating but deep inside, I was actually nervous to see a man naked.

"Here I come darling," Jack's voice turned deeper as he approach.

"Come to me" I wantingly beaconed as I rolled over once again and laid my back on my soft bed.

To my shock, it wasn't Jack's face that I saw. It was Gerry, my neighbor.

"I've always known that you want me" his smiling face hovered over me.

RIIIING!!! The deafening alarm clock filled my ears and ripped into my consciousness. Instantly I woke up to find that it was just a dream. With a few swearings, I reached for the alarm clock and turned it off. Blasted! I forgot that today is Sunday and I activated the alarm clock. I looked at the clock and swore again. It was 7am.

Since it was futile to return to sleep, I decided to get up and fix my breakfast. While I was frying some bacon and pancakes, my mind drifted to what it remembered last night. I dreamt that I was with another man. No, wait! I imagined that I was about to make love with another man! And it was my neighbor. How funny. I should be dreaming about doing with Jack because we would soon end up in that marrying stage but instead dreamt of another man just because I rode on the same elevator while he was making out with another woman. How funny and how weird, I thought. Oops, the bacon and pancakes are almost finished.

That afternoon, I went outside to throw my garbage into the bin at the back of the apartment block. It was October and wind is getting colder as days went by. I was only wearing light clothing and no mittens because I thought I would only be out for a while. I thought: nobody gets frostbitten just by standing outside for a few minutes. This is the price of living alone: you get to do everything and anything that you don't normally do while living at the comfort of your parents' home. Like throwing the rubbish. Now, the trouble with throwing rubbish is that I have to throw it inside a huge four feet high tank with a heavy metal lid. Throwing open the lid was easy but, throwing my bag into the bin was tricky because I have to hurl it with all my might just to get it in and it's not easy since it's four feet high and I'm only a little more than five feet. I grabbed the black plastic bag and tried to swing it (while cursing myself for not throwing the rubbish a week ago and letting it accumulate this BIG) as hard as I could. I managed to shoot one into the bin and I've grown tired for throwing the second but failed to throw it into the bin. I know that I can't just leave the other bag lying around here because I will be fined and my landlord might throw me out of my apartment.

"Having some trouble, neighbor?" I heard a voice behind me. I don't want to turn around because I know who it belongs to but I have to.

"Yes, the bin was giving me hard time" I managed to say as I turned around and face him.

Yes, it's Gerry.

He laughed when I answered. He was carrying four black bags, two on each side, and much larger than the two I carried. But since he's much taller and of much bigger built, he carried it like it's just a child's satchel.

"You should be asking somebody for help," he said as he approach me. The chilly October wind is slowly creeping under my thin jacket and red cotton shirt and my teeth began to chatter.

"W-Well, I d-don't ask m-my boyfriend to d-do it for m-me" I managed to speak.

"How come? He shouldn't let his ladylove out here doing a man's work"he said as he efficiently placed the four bags into the bin.

"W-We d-don't live together," I replied. I was embarrassed to say that but, I have to tell the truth.

Again he laughed. I want to be angry but I can't help but find his laughter to be quite infectious.

"Ah, a conservative prude you are," he grinned as he stood staring at me, "I thought the Queen is the only prudish lady in this country."

"C-can you p-please h-help m-me?" I could no longer deny that I was in need of help. I won't get frostbitten but I know now that I'm in danger of hypothermia.

He took my remaining black plastic bag and placed it with ease inside the bin. I noticed that he was not wearing mittens or some gloves either and I managed to look at his hands. It looked huge and strong like a giant. Or a titan. I suddenly remembered the brunette he was with last night and I imagined what those huge hands did to her...

"It's kind of huge isn't it?" I heard Gerry say.

"What?" I got alarmed.

"The rubbish bin." he replied to my relief, " I reckon that the government probably knows that the people here do not believe in recycling. Why, it's even large enough to fit all the tenants in this block."

"I wouldn't be even surprised if one day, the landlord might rent it to some vagabond" I managed to say, "rent is quite high in this city and God knows, everyone who moves here are running out of a good place to stay."

We both shared a laugh. It felt good that finally I was able to reach out and make friends with someone in this neighborhood because I don't even know the occupants of the apartment next to me. On our way to the elevator, I began to feel warm and cozy again and that's when I finally managed to start a conversation. I found out that he's a lawyer working in a law firm at the building across the hospital where I worked but he's into rugged sports such as football, rugby, hiking and rock climbing.

"Not your typical lawyer, isn't it?" he said.

"No, it's fine," I said, "if you ever get caught storm in the mountains, you can sue the guide for recklessness and if somebody tackles you during football, you can also sue him for attempted physical injury."

"Right." he answered while laughing.

I was laughing so hard that it was too late to realize that he was staring at me. When I managed to choke down my laughter, he was still staring at me. It was my first time to see those blue green eyes at close range and honestly, they were very seductive.

"What is it?" I asked nervously.

"Your eyes," he said, his eyes still not blinking, "it's actually my first time to see such pitch black-colored ones."

I gulped a bit as I tried to regain my composure.

"Really? What do you think of it?"

"It's like staring at the mirror," he said, "Nostradamus would look into a black mirror to see the future. I'd like to know if I can see something too." as his face moved nearer. I held my breath when I felt his warm breath getting nearer.

Fortunately, the elevator door finally opened and I managed to break away from his stare. I was afraid that he might discover the erotic dreams I had about him. What would this man think of me?

"I have some house cleaning to do," I said as I walked towards my apartment door.

"That's very impressive of you, my lady," I heard him say.

I paused for awhile thinking what he is doing and if he's staring at me. I heard the door unlocking. His door. When I finally got into my apartment, it was when I finally let out a breathe of sigh. I was thinking if he would invade my thoughts again tonight.

That night, it happened again. The dream.

The light was a bit dim but the bed sheet was colored white. It was more vivid than the last time. This time, his face is much more visible as if it's real. He was in bed, lying on his back wearing nothing but with a white blanket covering his hips.

"Come over here darling, I need you," he called me once again in his husky voice, "and I know that you need me too."

Without any protest, I approached him in my white robe, hair loosely falling down to my shoulder.

"I am here, darling" were my words.

"Do your lover a favor and take off your clothes," he commanded.

Slowly, I took off my robe and found out I was wearing nothing underneath.

"Come to bed, my lady," he sat up and motioned me, "it's getting quite cold."

I slipped between the sheets with him with submission.

"I'll show you how a lady should be treated," he seductively said as he placed his arm around my waist. His mouth met with mine and he consumed me with brute force. I moaned and wrapped my arms around his neck. He shifted his hold and moved his hands down to my hips. He lifted me and it was when I realized he wanted me to straddle him.

"Tonight, we will become one" I heard his voice faintly between my moans as I felt his lips move down to my neck.

Tonight...tonight...those words continued to ring into my ears.

The next morning, Monday, was the start of another rat race. I've already grown used to the mad rush hour. Walking, no, racing to work along with three quarters of the city's population. As usual, I arrived 15 minutes before 9 and changed into my work clothes. A cup of coffee and some cinnamon buns and it's the beginning of work.

"Good morning, Abby" I greeted our receptionist, "anything new?" I meant to say if I already have a patient in waiting.

"As usual, five arrived today" she replied handing me the patient's request forms.

I went to my cubicle where my sonogram machine is located and waited for the patient to come in. As I've said, I've grown used to the routine that I finished all five in just a matter of minutes which usually took me an hour when I was just starting to work here. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already time for coffee break.

I was on my way to the coffee maker at the pantry when Abby stopped me.

"Mary, you still have one more patient left." Handing over the patient request form.

I grimaced as I took it. "Fine, I'll do it."

Reluctantly, I read the request and went back to the dim room. Whole abdomen sonogram. Blasted, it will take me more than an hour before I refill my stomach again. When I turned to see my patient, he was the first to speak.

"Hello there, neighbor," it was Gerry in his tight fitting black shirt, "so this is where you work."

"Hello too," I said and smiled, "and what brings you in here?" motioning him to lie down on the examination bed.

"I've been bothered by this bloody pain around my belly for some time now," he said as he proceed to lie down, "I just usually ignore it but the doctor wants to make a living out of me and put me through some tests."

"I see," I said as I ready the sonogram machine.