Of Dragons and Wolves Ch. 02

Story Info
Long awaited by those who loved part 1.
1.9k words
4.65
14.8k
10

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/08/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GoodWolf
GoodWolf
49 Followers

Authors note:

My wife and I will be putting more time into this story than we had been.

I apologize for the long wait but we hope this has only made you want to read all the more! This is a basically a teaser for whats to come. We hope this can tide you, the reader, over until we roll out with a new chapter.

Also, this story contains NO SEX. For those of you who came here for that, it will be in the next chapter but for now we hope to develop the characters more. I wanted to put that little notice in the beginning to avoid getting rated down for the lack of any erotic moments.

Later that night, Aeron stirred from her deep slumber, her fur shining in the light of the full moon. Her nose twitched as the grass tickled her snout and she chuffed, blowing it away, and tried to stand. She stumbled and laughed at herself, thinking about the afternoon just past; Her muscles were still stressed from mating with Alex and did not feel much like moving yet. She certainly felt different in more ways than just muscle aches; It felt like there was a new, powerful energy flowing through her. She could feel it in every fiber of her being, every spark of her essence. She recognized this as her bond with Alex and could feel it pulling her toward him. She was free to go where she pleased, but she would always be able to find him, to follow him.

She decided to stretch her legs a little better before trying to stand and walk again. Starting with her hind legs and finishing with her neck and shoulders, she had managed to wake everything up with a lot less difficulty. She could not run just yet, but walking was a start and much less humiliating as running would have caused her to look like a new spring fawn. She walked around the clearing for a while and turned to look at Alex for the first time since their mating. She immediately felt a fire inside of herself, raging brighter and hotter than any she had ever seen or could imagine. It was pouring white hot through her veins from deep in her bones. She could feel him in every part of her and it made her feel invincible. She walked over to him and the fire only flared, growing stronger with every step she took toward him. This will take some getting used to, she thought to herself.

Alex had returned to his original 63-foot size after she had collapsed earlier, which only took Aeron aback more. She could not believe that she, as small as she was, had taken him inside of her. She had, a body length of a mere 5.5 feet and about 130 pounds; Comparing Aeron to her new Draconic mate was like comparing a bear to a mouse. Still, she was completely happy and could not imagine life any other way. It was at this point that she loped off to the brook for a quick drink before hiding out just to see what he would do. She was curious to see just how deep his feelings were for her, especially since she had just faintly noticed his lack of response when she said she loved him. Aeron did note the fact that this was a low tactic and should be ashamed of herself, but then figured that, if he loved her as much as she thought he did, he should have said something. Furthermore, she was young and prone to do things that would not end very well.

The water from the brook was cool and refreshing, allowing Aeron some much needed brain-clearing. She was still set in her ways to hide out and watch Alex to see what he would do. She thought up a quick little plan for this and ran back to the clearing as quietly as possible. As she ran she made certain to stay downwind from him so that he would, hopefully, not smell her. She came to a perfect spot just outside the clearing that was thick enough to hide her pure white fur from him. She knew that if she could feel a pull from him that he would certainly feel one from her, but she theorized that if she could not pinpoint his location exactly, then neither could he, regardless of whether he was a dragon or not. She hunkered down, ears perked up, tail resting quietly behind her, her muzzle resting on her paws, and her belly against the ground. There she watched and waited.

Back in the clearing; Alex, upon waking from his slumber, cracked an eye open. Taking in the surrounding area, he felt a tug on his awareness. Intrigued by the slight pull, he sent his thoughts to explore that tenuous link. In his minds eye he saw his mate, that odd little wolf who stole so much of his attention lately. How has this female managed to bond so strongly with me. Thought the great dragon. I shall have to test her strength more... She is not like others of her kind; but first...

Slowly stretching, Alex quietly crept from the clearing. Heading in the opposite direction from the waiting wolf, he quickly reached his favorite cliff. The way the valley below was formed channeled wind to funnel up from the face of the cliff, allowing him to glide off with little effort and almost no noise. Circling soundlessly he followed the connection back to his mate. Spotting her white coat from up here was easy. She had hid herself well but the thicket she was in was starting to drop its leaves in preparation for the coming winter. Looking down he could see as she twitched, waiting for him to pass by for a drink. Tucking in his wings he plummeted like a rock toward her, at the last possible moment spreading his wings and roaring triumphantly.

She took off. At least, until she tripped. Flipping forward she ended up on her back, tail between her legs, looking like she was about to pass out. Staring up at the dragon she whimpered in fear... Until she heard the laughter from him...

She snarled and rolled to her feet, then she chuffed, lifted her tail, and trotted off with as much dignity as she could possibly muster. Who does he think he is? Startling me like that... She sighed. I won't be able to get him back for it, though... Not like that anyway. I'll think of something, though. She sat on her haunches not far from Alex with her nose in the air for few seconds. Realizing this was an unjustifiable response, she turned around and charged at the dragon. She hopped onto a nearby rock to gain extra height and distance, and pounced onto his back.

Laughter still causing a distraction, he barely had time to notice his mate had moved before she landed on his back.

She's getting faster. was all he had time to think before she landed on his back. Rolling his serpentine body to give her as little purchase on his slick scales as possible, he playfully batted at her, testing her speed and reflexes; curious as to how the bond they now shared was affecting her.

After a few minutes of this they were both starting to realize they were much more evenly matched than they should be. Alex was astounded by her speed and grace, having seen her spin over a swipe, that should have ruffled her fur easily, with barely a thought.

Enough. He said. Where did you learn all this? You didn't fight like this against the bear all those moons ago.

Where do you think? A great dragon such as you should have better wits than any wolf. She replied, both amused and shocked.

There is nothing in all the lore of the ancients to describe what we have done. I am not sure what might happen. Responded Alex with a more than a little indignation. Do you think dragons often mate with other species? We are not like those... Griffins.... he said, with obvious distaste.

Don't even get me started... She shuddered. And, yes, I do. At least with humans. It's certainly not common, though, I grant you. A bond with a dragon does grant the bonded certain benefits. I did not, however, let you take me simply to be able to receive such a bond. You would have had to choose to bond with me, which you did, evidently. I let you take me because I love you. That aside, though, it would stand to reason that, provided the mate is bonded and not simply eaten or enslaved, whether said mate is human or not would be irrelevant.

Humans are capable of magic on their own. It has been theorized that they were granted the the abilities because they gained greater access to the Source through our bond. Wolves are not known to use magic in any way. The dragon stated. We should test this... Who knows what you are capable of now.

Let's see what I can do then. I'm eager to prove that I am better than any human whore. Aeron replied, not trying hard to hide her pride.

Later that day they had gone through a range of tests and exercises, exploring the new limits of Aeron's abilities.

While still strengthening, she had been able to perform a few low grade magicks; minor healing and stealth abilities and the ability to see more of her surroundings using her minds eye, as well as better reflexes and strength. She could even perform minor transformation magicks that allowed her to change her fur color, provided the color was within the wolf pelt color spectrum.

Alex was shocked at the swiftness of her learning. Having never taken a mate before, he had no idea what to expect of her. She was growing stronger than he thought possible for her size.

Calling it a day he suggested that maybe she should put her new abilities to a real test. Finding them dinner tonight, instead of him flying off to get it as usual. Though true there wasn't much in his woods, the valley below held enough for himself and the other predators who lived in its protective walls. While unreachable for most on foot, it was easy to get to by air.

Shocked by his suggestion, she asked, How do you expect me to get down to your valley? Fly?

Something like that! He laughed as he pulled her close, spreading his wings and with one powerful push, launching himself of the ground. The stunned wolf in his arms barely had time to yelp before they were hanging in the air above the valley below.

Alex laughed as he shared his aerial world with her. The delights of warm air columns and floating free, master of the sky. This was his true domain. On the ground he moved fluidly with little effort, but compared to his grace in the air, he might as well be a newborn foal. Swooping and twirling,dancing amid the clouds, he was truly free.

I wonder if she will ever get to know the sheer pleasure of flying. He thought, slightly saddened by the idea of being tethered to the earth.

GoodWolf
GoodWolf
49 Followers