Of Love and Iron Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was no denying that Rachel had started wondering as the night had gone on.

It had certainly been more fun than her last attempt at dating, even if they'd skipped over the invitation part of the process.

She found herself suddenly wanting to spend more time with the brunette, if only to see what came of it.

"I can't disagree with that logic," she admitted with a smile of her own. "I definitely want to hang out again, anyway."

Zoe leaned closer to her with an even larger grin.

"Glad to hear that. How about you promise not to bail just because Anne's there, and we'll see how things go from there?"

"I think I can manage that, now that I've got a reason," Rachel responded with a brilliant blush.

"Well, I guess you need to get going, then, huh?" Zoe inquired with a glance at Rachel's car.

"Probably," Rachel sighed. "Not going to lie, I'm not even really sure what time it is right now. May have gotten a bit carried away."

Zoe's eyes widened at that.

"I didn't mean to get you in trouble!"

"It won't be that bad. 'Sides, I can't really say it wasn't worth it. I apparently had a hot date tonight," she quipped.

"You think I'm hot?" Zoe teased with a grin. "Right back at you. Though I will say I prefer the other clothes, but I'm just a fan of attractive women wearing lace and leather and am probably biased."

Rachel felt her face burning once again, and she briefly wondered how often it would keep happening until her skin simply became red.

"Then you've got something to look forward to on Fridays, don't you?" she retorted with a breathy tone.

Zoe pressed even closer, her lips now a scant inch from Rachel's.

"Yes, I do. But you know, if we're going to keep going at this insane pace I've set, and this really was our first date, there's still something left to do before you can head home."

Rachel's heart skipped a beat as she followed the brunette's logic.

"Oh? And w-what might that be?"

Smirking, Zoe closed the remaining distance.

When she finally pulled back, Rachel was shivering and both of them were gasping desperately for air.

Rachel stared at Zoe as she tried to blink the growing spots away.

Zoe, for her part, licked her lips and smiled softly at her even as she still gasped and panted.

"You okay?" she finally asked after a full minute of the routine.

"I, uh, er... that felt... wow," Rachel mumbled intelligently as her brain gained oxygen once again.

"Why thank you," Zoe laughed.

"I... uh... wow... Why didn't I try to hang out with you before, again?" the blonde mumbled in confusion.

Zoe simply grinned even larger and planted a considerably more chaste peck on her cheek.

When she pulled away, Rachel was calmer, and she gave her own matching smile.

"And just think," Zoe quipped while backing towards the three other vehicles still in the lot, "there's more where that came from. So let's do this again soon?"

Rachel just nodded as Zoe climbed onto a large, green motorcycle.

She hadn't pegged Zoe for a bike kind of girl, but the night had broken most of her preconceptions about the brunette soundly.

She simply smiled as the roar of the cycle disappeared into the night...

Many months followed with the women growing closer.

While Zoe was considerably more visible in the school populace than herself, Rachel found herself gravitating more and more towards her even during the day.

With each week that passed, Rachel grew bolder both in their friendship and in her growing involvement with the Black Djed's culture.

Unfortunately, this meant that people got curious about her sudden attachment to the brunette.

A full four months into dating, and just things went south.

Rachel pushed through the Djed's doors with a content sigh.

The air was warm outside the club, but not uncomfortably so.

It worked out for her, considering the heavy leather she was wrapped in overtop of her now signed band shirt.

Zoe followed her outside with a grin.

"I was a complete spaz back there, wasn't I?" Rachel asked with a sheepish grin.

"Nah. Compared to some of the people Jay deals with, I think he found you perfectly adorkable," Zoe joked.

Rachel raised a brow at that as she felt her face fire up.

"That's supposed to make me feel better somehow?" she groused.

Grinning, Zoe threw her arm around the blonde's shoulder and leaned heavily against her.

"Well, yeah, but if it didn't work, the night's still young. Y'know, relatively speaking. I could come up with something to make you feel better if you're saying that didn't work for you," she practically purred into Rachel's ear.

"And what would do that when your skill with words wouldn't, hmm?" Rachel teased.

Smirking, Zoe spun her around and pulled her into a kiss.

Rachel's mind blanked out as she savored the sensation.

Just as she was beginning to find spots appearing in her sight, a loud honking sounded near them.

Rachel turned to glare at the speeding car, and for a brief moment, she swore she could recognize the three men within.

Ignoring the sensation, she merely flipped them off before turning her attention back to the heavily blushing brunette.

"You were right, that did just the thing," Rachel laughed before pecking her again on the lips.

She'd found out three days later why she'd recognized the people in the car.

Halfway through her day, she was finding herself more amused than upset.

More people were getting on her case about being seen in Goth makeup outside the Djed than the fact that she'd been there with Zoe.

She chalked it up to most either not believing Zoe had been the other woman, or even that it was possible that there had been another woman.

The people who were attempting to argue with her over her taste in clubs rather than gender helped her deal with those who did take issue with her having a girlfriend.

She finally had the courage by the end of the day to track Zoe down once more, and she found, much to her surprise, that the brunette found it even more amusing than herself.

They decided that what the rest thought of them really didn't matter.

And Rachel had truly meant it when she'd made that agreement.

Until she watched weeks pass by with Zoe becoming more and more ragged as the bullying didn't disappear as expected.

They had put too much faith in how quickly the school would become bored with the topic, and it had bitten them.

While Zoe was adamant about how little she cared what others thought, it became clear quickly to Rachel that she was taking the brunt of the harassment.

After a full month of the treatment, when she found Zoe in the bathroom, seeming on the verge of breakdown, Rachel had had enough.

She met her between classes that same day and had broken it off with Zoe.

The dam that the brunette had held shattered, and she'd begun sobbing.

The blonde's heart broke at seeing it, but more importantly, the gawkers in the hallway witnessed the unintentionally public breakup.

Rachel walked away taking the brunt of the harassment onto herself, the people previously bullying the brunette finding no enjoyment any more in kicking her while she was down.

Zoe had seen the shift, and understood what the blonde had done.

Even if she didn't agree with it, she respected Rachel's decision.

While the brunette's school life went back to normal, if lonely, Rachel's became hellish.

And she took it all, knowing that she had been the cause for the problem in the first place...

Ai stared at Rachel in disbelief.

It took her a long time to come up with a way to respond to the tale she'd just heard.

As she considered her options, a sinking feeling began to form in her gut.

"Have you, uh, talked to her since then?"

Rachel released a harsh bark of laughter at that, giving Ai an incredulous stare.

"She tried. She texted me and stuff, but really, if I was seen talking to her we would've been back to her being bullied, and hurting her would've been completely pointless, so I just kind of... lost her number and avoided eye contact for the rest of the school year."

"And this would be the history you mentioned that you had with Annabelle?"

"Yep. She did this, didn't she?" Rachel sighed.

"I'm pretty positive, yeah... She must've snuck into my locker," Ai groaned. "I knew she was kind of messed up, but this is pretty shitty, even for her."

Rachel shook her head at that, her gaze becoming distant.

"Not so much, really. She wasn't originally this kind of a horrid bitch. I mean, yeah, she was always a gossip, and I should've known better than to take her threat as idle bull, but... She was different. When I broke up with Zee, she lost her shit."

Ai wrapped an arm around the blonde at the quivering sound to her voice, and gently pulled her to lie against her side.

"What'd she do?"

Rachel's eyes narrowed at that, and Ai winced in regret for having asked.

"She kept it going. I mean, even she could only keep them interested in harassing me for so long, but it lasted at least a month longer than it should've, thanks to her. The weird thing is that she told me that she blamed me for Zoe being into the Goth scene and for being a lesbian. And she was pissed that I hurt Zoe, which was correct enough that it was the only thing that kept me from slugging someone for the first time in my life when I found out from a couple girls that were screwing with me that she'd put them up to it."

Ai's own gaze narrowed at that, and she fought hard to keep the growing anger out of her voice.

"I can see why this would all strike a nerve, then... I don't have to tell you that this situation's different, do I? I don't give a shit what people think of us. We're in college, and-"

"I know," Rachel interrupted. "And I'm pretty sure that the harassment's going to be minimal, on the whole me being a bisexual front, anyway... The other stuff's going to probably be a pain, though."

Ai winced, guilt burning hot in her chest.

"I'm so sorry, Rachel-"

She stopped at the blonde's raised hand, an unreadable expression facing her.

"It's not your fault. I was more than happy to pose for you, and I stand by it. I'm a little baffled on why you'd bring them to school with you, but I'm not going to blame you for Annabelle using them like this."

"Doesn't make me feel any less guilty... It was stupid of me, and I screwed up, too. Is there anything I can do?"

"Nothing to be done," Rachel returned with a shrug. "Just going to have to weather it out. And keep away from Annabelle, because I can't guess how that would end if I was in a room alone with her right now."

Ai found herself sharing the sentiment.

Rachel turned suddenly, forcing their gazes to meet with an intense stare.

"I want... Do you mind if we don't do anything rough tonight?"

"You make me sound like a brute," Ai quipped.

"Hey, I'm good with rough. Usually. Just... not tonight."

Ai gently grabbed the blonde's chin and dipped her head forward.

The kiss was incredibly sweet, and neither woman broke away until both were seeing black spots.

"Rachel, I'm fine with whatever you want to do. Honestly, I'd be amazed if you were in the mood, given the reason your day's sucked."

"Are you sure? I mean, we've been going at it a lot more recently than-"

Ai kissed her again, just a brief peck, but it was enough to cut her rambling off.

"It's fine, Rache. Not only would I be a total bitch if I tried to push you into anything, but I'd really suck at what I do if I just wanted to screw for only my own pleasure."

"Mmm... You definitely don't suck, I admit," Rachel mused.

Ai chuckled, her hand twining gently in blonde locks.

"Flatterer. Alright, what do you say we get a horror and pizza marathon going? I think there's a movie where a bunch of cheerleaders get stalked by a pissed Goth that's got your name on it."

"Sounds like a plan. Also, aren't you a cheerleader?"

"Yeah, but I'm also on the Goth's side," Ai assured with another laugh.

"All's fair in love and horror. Favoritism doesn't guarantee you live to the end," the blonde countered with a laugh of her own.

And so the banter continued until the pizza was delivered.

By the end of the night, Rachel found herself in a much better frame of mind.

"There was a reason," Ai stated, seemingly from nowhere.

"Hmm?" Rachel responded distractedly, watching a redhead chopped in half on screen in a spray of terribly done fake blood.

"For the book... Why I had it. I didn't just carry it around to get my jollies if I got bored in class. I had a reason. It wasn't necessarily a smart reason, but there was a reason."

Rachel turned her attention away from the gorefest, her heart beating slightly faster.

"Ai, it's fine. I don't blame you."

"But I blame me. I should've just run it back home and taken a few points from the teacher. I shouldn't have left something that sensitive just lying in my locker, especially when I didn't have a lock. Granted, I'm not the one who did all that with it, but I gave her all she needed."

Rachel briefly wanted to tell her to just let it go.

The look of guilt, mixing with something she couldn't comprehend, though, stopped her.

"What was it? The reason?"

"I have a lot of good memories in that book, related to you. Having the book helped me when I was... I was writing a letter. Something to go with the birthday gift I have planned for you."

"They mentioned a letter, come to think of it," Rachel said with a confused frown.

Ai stifled the sigh of relief at realizing the blonde's classmates hadn't been the one to show her.

"I'm... I think the letter is probably what got Annabelle to do what she did. There was a lot of personal stuff that I was writing while brainstorming for it."

"I want to see it."

Ai winced at the sharp tone in Rachel's voice, though she didn't detect any real anger, per se, in the response.

"Give me a minute," she agreed.

Rachel said nothing as she slinked off to her room, the loud buzz of a printer filling the apartment.

When she came back, a single sheet of paper hung in Ai's shaking hand.

Rachel felt almost bad taking the sheet, but it didn't stop her from doing so.

It didn't take her long to understand how people had figured out so much so easily.

The letter was well written, and incredibly sweet.

Several times, she felt her chest tightening and her lungs freezing, before she finally reached the end.

And then she read it again, practically feeling Ai's nervous fidgeting on the other side of the couch.

"How long have you been thinking like this?"

Ai stared at her, the blonde giving nothing she was feeling away.

"When we went to the city for that premiere... After that, I just started to see you differently, somehow. For a while, I just figured that it was just natural progression of everything."

"But?" Rachel prompted, her voice startlingly breathy.

"But then, like I said in the letter, it started getting more intense. So I planned to lay everything out on your birthday, and see how it went from there."

"You'd really just give up the whole thing that easily?" Rachel asked incredulously.

"Easily? Fuck no, not easily. It would suck. But I don't want either of us getting hurt, and friends with benefits doesn't work when there's serious feelings involved. It would be unfair to both of us if I just bottled it up until something exploded."

"So are you... I mean... Do you love me?"

"Of course I love you," Ai scoffed with a blush. "As for if I'm in love with you, I don't know. I think I might be, or at least might be getting there. And it would be very bad to just let that kind of thing sit ignored, right?"

"No doubt..."

Rachel went quiet after that, her mind reeling as she read the letter again.

Ai forced her gaze to stay locked forward, refusing to face whatever she'd see in the blonde's expression.

Despite her efforts, her eyes immediately moved to Rachel when the blonde cleared her throat.

"You're kind of oblivious."

Ai's jaw dropped, the response utterly unexpected.

Her shock was cut off by Rachel turning bodily towards her.

"You actually thought I'd turn down dating you?"

Rachel almost laughed at the way Ai's mouth bobbed without a sound coming out for several seconds.

"What? But, I mean... When we started doing what we do, you said you weren't interested in relationships."

"Yeah. Almost a year ago, right after the whole fiasco I'd just gone through. Roughly three months before we started frequently sleeping in each others' beds even when we weren't getting it on. Not to mention how affectionate I've been whenever we're just vegging out for, what? Like, half a year now? Seriously. Oblivious," she quipped with a shake of her head.

Ai felt her face burning, due especially to how right her housemate was.

It had been a long time, and she'd still had the upfront statement in the depths of her mind.

"So I'm oblivious," she groaned.

"Yes. Yes, you are. It's almost surprising, how oblivious, really," Rachel responded with a growing smirk.

"Well why didn't you get pro-active, then?" Ai nearly growled in her growing embarrassment.

"I did. Remember? I mean, I know that we're hooking up, but would a sex friend really be as... touchy-feely? I'd thought you just weren't interested, because no way could someone be so oblivious to actually overlook-"

"Okay, I get it! I'm Super Oblivious, leaping obvious clues and logical conclusions in a single bound. I'm sorry, okay?"

"Forgiven," Rachel said around body-shaking laughter.

When Ai felt the blonde could sufficiently breathe again, she grabbed her hand to gain her attention.

"So?"

"So what?" Rachel returned with a cocky smirk that Ai had worn several times before.

Seeing it, the Asian wondered if she induced a similar stomach-flipping sensation when the positions were reversed.

"So, will you be my girlfriend?"

"There you go. See, we could've saved lots of time and stress if we'd done this months ago."

Ai's response was interrupted that time, her snarky retort trapped in the gasp that Rachel's lips drew from her.

"Yes, I want to be your girlfriend, Aiko. Don't think this means I want you to suddenly go soft on me, though," she warned.

Her hand fisted loosely in Ai's hair, drawing a light moan from her.

"I just happen to want my girlfriend to also be my Mistress, when the mood's right. Which would sound really weird to anyone who's vanilla," she added with a giggle.

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it. You make such a cute pet, you've ruined me for all others," Ai returned before returning Rachel's action and pulling the gasping blonde in for another kiss.

Rachel found herself falling asleep on the couch several hours later, surrounded by her lover's incredibly comfortable warmth.