Of Roses and Thorns

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The house went completely dark.

"Oh god," Rachel stammered, "they're coming."

She swallowed hard. The silence was unbearable. Her own gasps of breath were so loud. Rachel fumbled until she found Adam's hand.

Adam turned and stared at his wife. He'd never seen her eyes so dim. He couldn't stand it. The image of the splintered door and the shadow of that maniac grasping for Rachel was too much. Her lip trembled. His heart wept. Scooting closer, he slipped his arm around her.

Rachel stared back at him. Something in his eyes gave her courage.

"Baby," he said, "It's just us."

She nodded.

"You're with me now," Adam said leaning close.

Rachel knew the words. She remembered when she'd said them to him on the night of their first affair. She finished the rest.

"We can finally be together."

The two kissed in the dark as a howl split the air. Rachel's hand touched his cheek. She wanted to know that he was real. In his arms, she forgot all else. Adam slipped his tongue into her lips and pulled her closer.

The roaring groan became deafening.

He felt her tremble but pulled her even tighter. Rachel swung her leg over his lap and turned her back to the dark house. Adam gazed up into her brown eyes and felt the need for nothing else. His hands slid under her shirt and caressed her tan skin. Rachel shuddered from the warmth that grew inside of her. Adam's firm hands sent waves of energy coursing through her body.

An enraged scream echoed through the house more furious than ever.

"It's just us," Rachel repeated. "You're with me now."

Adam squeezed her and felt Rachel's body respond. Her hips slid over his jogging shorts. He could feel the heat from between her thighs. Rachel was aching. She felt the presence at her back but pushed the thoughts away. All she knew was her husband and the feeling of being with him.

He saw the woman over Rachel's shoulder. Rose stood only a few feet from the coffee table. The chill that hit Adam stole his breath. She was still so beautiful. Even there in the dark of the living room, Rose appeared to shimmer. Rachel half turned her head but did not dare meet eyes with the woman.

"I'm here," the stranger said.

The voice was like a chime in the wind.

Rachel kissed her husband and ran her fingers through his hair. The stench of flowers filled her nose. She ignored it. Adam saw the pale woman in the middle of the room. Her blue eyes beckoned to him. Her large breasts begged for his mouth. Adam could still feel the warmth of her insides coating his shaft.

Adam grabbed his wife's t-shirt and pulled it over her head. Her petite breasts pressed to his lips. His tongue swirled around her nipple. Rachel clutched her husband's head and moaned.

"I'm here, now."

The lovers were oblivious to the words. Rachel fumbled for the waistband of Adam's jogging shorts. Her eyes widened when her fingers touched his straining erection. A little gasp left his lips.

Sobs of hurt came from beyond.

Adam pulled his wife's panties aside. His cock was free. He slid his tip back and forth between Rachel's moist lips. She cried out. She felt him pressing into her until at last she molded around Adam's cock. Her jaw dropped. His head fell back. Just as his lover settled to the base of his shaft, he spotted the wretch in the center of the room.

Rose stooped low. She was breathing hard and heavy, her bent form heaving up and down. Milky eyes spun in their hollow holes. The woman's lips drew wide into a grimace of agony, baring her gnarled teeth at the couple before her. The ghastly body jerked and twitched. Adam watched as she clawed at the strands of her blonde hair, pulling it out at the roots.

Rachel slid forward into his lap and Adam let out a stuttering breath. His hands guided her waist back and forth while she slowly rocked. Nothing had ever felt more sublime. Rachel squeezed herself around the throbbing cock. It was incredible to have Adam inside of her. She wanted the moment to never end, and yet already she yearned for release.

The being behind them let out a long screech. It beat at its bony body and shook its head violently. Full round breasts sank into a withered chest. The thing staggered drunkenly from side to side searching for balance. Stumbling to the floor, it tossed back its head and wailed.

Rachel rode harder. Adam saw the pages of the diary flipping so fast that they shot from the book and into the air. The knife spun on the coffee table. The handkerchief twirled. His hands groped his wife's tight ass. She rolled herself further into Adam's lap, driving his dick deeper. Her insides grew full and hot. Adam felt his cock strain and burn.

The stranger was there right behind them. Adam glimpsed the leathery face of pure hatred as the figure screamed. Its lipless jaws hung open directly beside Rachel's face. The pale eyes, void of life and sanity, twirled about. Spittle flew from the blackened gums. His wife seemed oblivious to the creature. She flexed her body and rode faster.

"Baby, I'm..."

Rachel couldn't finish the thought. She felt something spilling into her, lubing her insides. Adam's cock had burst. He writhed beneath her and growled. Rachel watched his eyes. Her motions became frantic. He clutched the cheeks of her clenching ass and suffered the onslaught. He throbbed and thrust his hips high. Rachel groped his shoulders, dropped her jaw and screamed.

It was loud enough to drown out the barks and bellows of the crumpled thing in the floor.

****

A dim orange glow washed over their bodies. Adam blinked against the dawn that peered through the living room windows. He was slumped to one side on the couch. Lying awkwardly on top of him was his shirtless wife. His eyes fell over her and his heart soared.

Rachel was watching him. Her eyes blinked slowly. Her fingers twirled in his hair. Adam smiled which only made Rachel smile wider. They were lost in each other's eyes.

"Adam?"

"Yeah?"

Rachel cleared her throat. "Is it too soon to ask what the fuck just happened?"

Adam's chest heaved when he laughed. Her soft voice held no censor for her lips. It was truly the woman he loved. As he scanned the living room, he saw no sign of the stranger. Adam turned his head as he noticed something else.

"Baby, look."

Rachel wearily followed hs gaze to the coffee table. The three items that had plagued them were gone. She was glad that she was too tired to care. Her head fell back to Adam's chest, and she listened to the steady thrum of his heart. She sighed and closed her eyes.

"It's just us."

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
5 Comments
jharpjharpover 5 years ago

Okay...I can admit it. I was hooked from the first paragraph. Weird ghost sex magic or something that seduced them. Rose seemed to have that magical allure that went beyond the physical. Very good story.

Sothe101Sothe101over 9 years ago
Sequal?

There was obviously a lot of work out into this and it's one of my all time favorites. I'm extremely happy with what we got, but could there perhaps be a sequal? The ghosts move on to a new couple maybe? It's so amazing I don't want it to end...

TamLin01TamLin01over 9 years ago

This is much stronger than the average fare in the category. It feels emotionally grounded and very firmly invested in itself. By which I mean, this feels like a story that's about something more than just the events themselves. There's a point to it, and it's a point consistent and unique to the characters involved.

I don't mean that it has a moral or anything prosaic like that, I just mean that lots of horror stories are just written for the sake of what happens: The writer wants to write about a haunted house and a scary chase, etc, and that's all there is to it. Here those elements are not the point itself. The point is the relationship and welfare of the protagonists, and those plot devices are a vehicle for that. It's a basic but critical consideration that often gets neglected. Further, the prose feels credible for the most part, lacking the amateurishness and underdeveloped tone that bedevils writers who haven't yet spent enough time at their craft. And though it's relatively long by the standards of online erotic literature, it rarely drags and never feels inflated or self-indulgent.

Of course, no story is perfect. In this case, I would say that while the author and reader may feel invested in the characters (because, by and large, they seem like relatable people), it's not entirely clear why they're invested in each other. We know that they're a couple genuinely in love and genuinely interested in one another, but we don't get a great sense of why. Adam finds Rachel attractive because she's good looking in a singular way that relates to her own sense of style and identity, but is that all? What attracts him to her other than her looks? I'm not sure anyone ever says. And as for Rachel, I'm not sure what she sees in Adam at all. These blind spots creep into their interactions together. Consider this exchange:

[["I never figured you as a closet lesbian."

"Oh, you'd love ghost girlie," Rachel told me, playing right along. "She was pretty. Had long blonde hair, big rack. What is it guys say, 'curtains matched the rug' or something? And blue eyes like I've never seen."]]

People do not talk like this. Even couples who are romantically teasing each other in a potentially awkward moment don't talk like this. It just sounds forced. Probably because it is, because (if you'll pardon my presumption) I don't think this writer quite understands the relationship at the core of this story, and so whenever the characters are together it just feels off. To be a real 5-star story, we should care not just about the characters themselves but about their relationship. We should believe that these two belong together, that their marriage is something worth fighting for, and that in the end it's not just their lives and sanity they've saved but also something bigger and more important than either of them individually. Right now, I don't think we have that. If I were the editor on this story, I would say that's the missing piece without which this story is not really complete, and in fact is not yet even really the story it sets out to be.

I admire the writer for introducing the element infidelity and the underlying tension it creates. And I particularly like that the point was addressed but not belabored. It was not necessary to explain precisely what happened in the past and it's smart of the writer to realize that and gives us only the emotional ramifications in the present rather than an info dump, as some others would probably have done. We don't need "the full story," though a few readers would probably call for it.

And it was even more smart not to give us this reveal up front but instead to reserve it for a moment when it ratcheted up the growing tension in the narrative. This avoided cumbersome exposition in the beginning (another very common problem with stories in this category) and maintained the story's momentum. However, smartly implemented thought it was, I also feel that this part of the story was underdeveloped.

Clearly we are to make a connection (not a direct, literal connection but rather an emotional one) between the fallout of those past acts of infidelity and the problems deviling the couple now. The literal ghosts of the past are, in some way, the ripple of the couple's own "ghosts," the unresolved conflict about what's gone on before. But while this idea is floated and then later confirmed when the characters address it directly, it never becomes "solid," for lack of a better word. If you wanted to, you could write this exact same story without that element in play. The result would be thematically weaker, but the plot would probably be virtually identical. It would be an even stronger story if this theme had a more direct impact on it. Admittedly, I cannot off the top of my head think of a suggested way to do this. But even so, it cannot be ignored that this motif remains more an ornament than an essential element.

Still, even with these problems in mind it's clearly a strong contender and a cut above most similar offerings. We should certainly welcome stories like this and encourage writers to produce more like them. There's value here. Good luck, and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Brilliant, stylish, scary

The epitome of erotic horror, wish I could give it 10 stars.

Sothe101Sothe101almost 10 years ago
Holy mother of balls

Well that was bloody fantastic. I meant absolutely fantastic. 10/10 perfection. Plot, setting, characters, and hot as absolute hell. Most impressed.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

The Cougar Stalks Her Prey A younger married neighbor.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Fuck, Marry, Kill Did her best friend's father overhear her naughty answer?in NonConsent/Reluctance
Daddy Next Door On her eighteenth birthday, flirting isn't enough for Olivia.in Erotic Couplings
Trilogy of Tits and Terror Ch. 01 A dark force hijacks a woman's body to seduce her husband.in Erotic Horror
Wicked Stepsister Amber drugs her step-sister and her boyfriend.in NonConsent/Reluctance
More Stories