Of Scavengers and Smugglers Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Rey helped the man up and talked with him a bit more, Jakson turned and noticed a truly terrifying sight: First Order stormtroopers. They were pointing towards Rey, appearing to recognize the droid as the target they were after. Rey and her mysterious companion picked up on this and took off running. As they sprinted through town, a pair of TIE fighters zoomed in overhead, taking out a few structures with their laser cannons. Jakson took cover, then saw Rey, the dark-skinned man, and the droid dashing for the edge of town. As he looked for a way to help her, he noticed another group of stormtroopers moving to intercept them.

"They'll never make it out," he realized.

Springing to his feet, Jakson managed to get behind a stack of storage containers. Biding his time, he waited for the group of stormtroopers to run past them on the other side. Once they passed the containers, Jakson toppled them onto the soldiers, stopping them dead in their tracks. Smiling to himself, he saw Rey and her crew arriving at the shipyard in the distance. Now playing the part of an innocent bystander, he ran to the other side of the containers and offered help to the fallen stormtroopers.

"Officers! Are you alright?" Jakson asked with concern.

"Ungh... yeah. Yeah we're alright," their commander said, rising to his feet.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

"No, no we know what we need to do now. Move along."

"Yes sir," Jakson replied with a friendly smile.

Off in the distance, he now spied the old YT model freighter he had stolen from the Irving Boys taking off, Rey no doubt at the helm. Unkar Plutt ran out in a fit of rage as she made off with the ship, but Jakson couldn't help but smile at seeing her finally get one over on the hated Blobfish. As the old ship flew off into the distance, Jakson decided he had been on Jakku long enough, slipping out of town unnoticed to look for a way off this planet. A few minutes into his walk home, he watched as Rey's ship finally broke the atmosphere, taking off into outer space.

"Take care of yourself, Rey," he whispered. "I'll never forget you..."