Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aroused beyond decency he punched the rock and watched a crevice splinter into creation.

He was cursed. This village was cursed.

Zyra herself was probably cursed.

Sighing he began to stroke down his raging hard-on. If Zyra did not come to him tonight, he would find her.

__________________________________________________

Rair had been watching the huntresses with disdain.

Throughout the course of Zyra's absence they had succumbed to a radical change of heart. They sought Zyra out like roving animals, seeking just a whiff of her scent so they could allow the guilt that chewed at them to feed.

Zyra was right to stay out of their path. Still, part of Rair was still shaken by the events that had occurred. To think that such things like basilisks existed beyond the fireside stories passed down from legend. It was unimaginable, but true. It was common knowledge that the legends held truth, but to see that truth uncoil before you?

A different manner all together.

Feeling the weightlessness of her floating body suspended by the monokero's magic had left an unnatural tingle in her bones. That tingle remained. It was probably all in her head at this point, but Rair could not help but feel unsettled.

"What are you looking at?"

She turned to see the fae like man step towards her. Out of respect for the village's normal customs he had resigned himself to stay towards the fringe of the village. Even so, he had been spotted at Ginger's tent several times. In the back of her mind she wondered if he was any good at sex. Rair was staring out at the forest.

"Nothing yet," she responded passively.

"Oh."

The conversation died as quickly as it began. With nothing else to do Rell sat on a stump opposite of her. Despite the frozen stoic expression she carried he could see that she was quietly dealing with the revelations that had come too quickly for her to process.

Her sisters rarely saw her emotions and so did not notice the slight lag in her step, or how she would stare off into space when she was troubled.

"You know my first time in the valley..." he began quietly.

He noticed she didn't turn to him, but he knew she was listening.

"...it took me a while to understand...what I had actually experienced. There's a sense of loss, similar to the loss a child feels when it realizes it is no longer a child."

He saw Rair stiffen and he angled his body towards her.

"There is a lot more to the world than we are aware, even as we are now. It may seem like we have lost something, a blissful ignorance maybe, but...because of this loss..."

He smiled at her and she took notice. The light pink curl of his lips was wet and soft. His blue eyes sparkled with joy.

"...we have access to so much more."

Rair frowned, her dark gaze clinging to his.

"Is it worth it?" she asked softly. "Is it worth it to have access to this world?"

Rell shrugged. "I wonder the same thing. The only answer I can give you is contingent on your love for Zyra."

Rair raised an eyebrow, wondering if her loyalty was being challenged.

"Explain," she said curtly.

Rell smirked, seeing that his words were being misconstrued. His face became serious once more when he began to speak.

"The Zyra you know now is different from the Zyra you knew before. The other huntresses will never understand her, just as those in your village who have never wandered past the tribe's edge will never understand her, or you as well for that matter. Only those who have been into the valley will ever know her like your "sisterly bond" dictates. You have been granted access to her, and all of the trust she had to offer you."

The stunned expression on Rair's face was the first emotion he had seen since they arrived back to the village.

"It's...it's what I wanted..."

"What?" Rell asked, unable to hear her whisper.

"I wanted to go so that I might understand the meaning of true loyalty," Rair said louder. "Now there is no doubt that I have achieved my goal."

With that Rair stood and in a rare moment, she smiled.

Rell's eyes widened at the sight of that small trusting smile that sprouted from Rair's lips. It held life and hope and it was filled with happiness despite its size.

For a second, his heart fluttered.

"Thank you."

She left before he could say "You're welcome."

It would have been a good moment had it not been sullied by the pierce of a scream. Rair ran to the source and saw the monokeros. He was using his magic to lift up the women of the village. Afraid to be ensnared she crouched down and ran to the forest. She had to find Zyra.

__________________________________________________

Nima skipped innocently along the path. She enjoyed skipping because she was light on her feet. For the briefest of moments she felt suspended in flight like a little bird.

Her birthday had passed and with it the festivities. She had gotten many lovely gifts, new tunics, a grass doll, shiny beads that her mother could sew into her clothing. The loveliest gift however had come from her mother and her auntie. Her auntie had carved her a wooden doll. Its form was close to hers and the wood was soft. With it came pieces of fur that she could cut and wrap to make into clothing. Nima was learning to sew, a few pieces she saved for her lessons.

Finally, she would not need to replace her doll over and over as the wheat stuffing fell out of the careful binds. She had longed for this doll, and Zyra had carved it beautifully.

As for her mother, she had woven the most beautiful flower headdress. Nima wished the flowers would not die and that she could keep it on forever. She tried to prolong it by lying it in the basin of water inside their tent. One day she imagined the headdress of feathers that would adorn her head. That was a long time from now though. The flowers suited her well enough.

As she skipped she began to hear shouting. Curious she ran towards it. There was a golden swirl that stung her eyes. Her momentum carried her forward and she stuck her hands out, blindly flailing as her feet carried her forward. Nima walked and walked until she crashed into something soft and felt the legs. A person!

"I can't see," she whined, burying her head into her thigh.

"Sister I can't see."

She felt a hand touch the top of her head and the glare began to abate. She rubbed at her watering eyes and forced them open. When she did she was shocked to see a milk colored man standing before her. Was it a spirit like Kail?

"Who are you?" she asked curiously.

The man didn't answer. Instead her eyes widened when she felt weightless. Floating up to his level she stared into his blue glowing eyes. He put an arm around her and began to carry her away. Despite this, she felt calm. In fact, she felt quite sleepy. Yawning she put her head on the man's shoulder and promptly fell asleep.

Zyra ran through the forest faster than she ever had before. There was a spiteful part of her that longed to lag back and let her sisters have whatever fate was designed for them. She ignored it, telling herself that the monokeros would be too fickle to take those who she might have been impartial to. Rair had thankfully said nothing about Zyra's indiscretions. Her face had been as emotionless as ever, something she was very thankful for.

Still, she couldn't muster up the reserve to feel shame. The only emotions she felt were exhilaration, lust, and...Irritation.

Why the fuckta did the monokeros have to interrupt her every time?

It was like the jealous bastard was watching her.

Maybe he was.

She flew into the center of the village and was immediately surrounded by the villagers whom she had pointedly been avoiding.

"ZYRA!"

"Oh thank the Maker!"

"Oh sweet Zyra!"

Sweet? Since when was she sweet?"

"Zyra how we wronged you!"

"Yes we were bitter fools!"

"Yes you were," Zyra snapped over the chaos.

"Now, where is the pale man?"

It appeared they hadn't expected that reaction from her but nevertheless they responded.

"The man of stars came and swirled us with his golden magic," Imjah said standing forward.

"Whatever he was looking for he could not find. He glowed bright like the moon and when he dimmed he walked away."

Zyra rubbed her temple. The monokeros would be the death of her.

"Great. I suppose I should expla...."

"Nima is missing!"

Turning she saw Kyzu stumbling forward in a state of undress.

"I cannot find her anywhere! She's been gone since the pale man left."

Kyzu stared at her with a wild haunted quality in her eyes. Fear drenched her features and Zyra's heart felt like it had stopped.

No, Nima was just a child. The monokeros wouldn't...

With that Zyra closed her eyes and tried to harness her power. She had to drag the dregs deep from within her. The Nightlock was for the most part out of her system but she could feel globs of purple darkness, blood that had been tainted with flowers and Perkadu. She pushed, feeling the pain from doing this necessary action and began to run.

Her senses took her towards the dwelling of the ogre. A thin vine sprouted from underneath her finger nail and she tore it off in disgust. She got a strong craving to fly but shook it as she ran.

The sensations ran out halfway but she could see the destination in her mind.

The pale head of the monokeros came into view, the brown clothing jutted out like a hideous deformity.

As she ran closer she saw that Nima was in fact with the monokeros.

She was asleep in his lap. A rage seized her that was too powerful to be her own. A guttural growl worked its way out of her throat, jerking Nima awake as she neared. The monokeros looked at her calmly.

"This child. Has she ever..."

He didn't get to finish as she pick up Nima and placed her to the side of him. Her hand closed over his throat and with unnatural strength she lifted him out of the air.

"How dare you!" she boomed, slamming him into a tree.

"How dare you even think to defile a child you sick evil..."

She felt the gold tendrils try to push her back but she crushed the monokeros into the bark of the tree, refusing to budge until he died. The blue cool of his eyes began to show panic as he realized his powers weren't working on her. His hands tried to pry her away and he lifted himself up to speak.

"...you're...scaring....her..."

Zyra glanced over her shoulder and saw Nima shaking as she watched her with watery eyes. She could see what she looked like in the surface of her eyes. With a gasp she let the monokeros go. He fell to the ground wheezing, the bruised imprint of her hand darkening on his neck. She watched it pulse black then fade, and took a step back, horrified at what she had done.

"Nima...I am so sorry," Zyra said softly to the trembling girl.

She couldn't bare that, to have Nima look at her with fear. She could bare anything but that.

Nima didn't respond to her, simply wiped at her eyes, brimming with tears.

Her auntie, she had looked like...the rumors...

"You misunderstand," the monokeros coughed as he sat up. "The child is too young to be chosen. I wished to examine her. She's been touched."

"Touched?" Zyra breathed. "By who?"

"What," the monokeros corrected. "She was touched by foul magic. Its trace never leaves you, even after the effects are gone."

He gave Zyra an accusing look.

"I was trying to find out why."

Zyra fell to her knees, the overwhelming relief, guilt and griefs making her lose her balance.

Nima wouldn't look straight at her.

"Nima I'm sorry," Zyra said sniffing. "I...I was so scared. I thought he was going to hurt you and I..."

"I forgive you," the monokeros said standing up with a grunt.

He made a series of pop and he looked unscathed once again.

"I forget that the human world is full of formalities. In the magical world my actions would not be questioned."

He turned to Nima. "You do understand she came to save you yes?"

Nima looked at him and after a minute, slowly nodded.

"I understand."

"Then you should forgive her."

Nima looked over to her aunt. She didn't look scary or monstrous. She only looked depressed and sad. Nima forgot her fear stood up, walking over to Zyra. Slowly she closed her arms around her miserable aunt.

"I forgive you," Nima mumbled. "I know you didn't mean to scare me. Please don't be sad."

Zyra hugged her back, so grateful that Nima understood.

"Thank you Nima. I won't be sad anymore."

Wiping her eyes she stood and gave Nima one last squeeze. Then she looked back to the monokeros.

"What were you doing in the village?"

"I was trying to find someone suitable. You seemed otherwise occupied."

She didn't want to know what he meant by that or how he knew that.

"And what did you find?"

"Nothing," he said drowsily. "None are suitable. This child interested me because well...she's alive, which is curious."

"Why is that curious?" Zyra said numbly. "I was given the antidote by the witches in exchange for my life. Of course she should be alive."

"Still," the monokeros said staring at Nima. "She was touched by an aural of death."

"An aural?" Nima asked.

He looked at Zyra who nodded that he should go ahead.

"It is an old form of dark magic sent forth to strike fear into the hearts of an enemy. Or to send reminder why revolt or war is unwise. It was most commonly used to make someone an example during the Purge. Against hu..." the monokeros looked at Nima's innocent face and coughed.

"Against our enemies," he finished.

"What ene..."

"Nima," Zyra interrupted. "I think you should go back to the village now okay?"

Nima looked as though she wished to disobey but she nodded and proceeded to skip back.

"Go straight to your mother you hear?" she said loudly.

"I will!"

"You trust her to go back by herself?" the monokeros asked curiously.

She did, though she wished she didn't.

Unfortunately this situation was more impertinent. Nima was known for wandering the forest. Something she and Kyzu were well aware of. The arrival of the monokeros was the only thing that had triggered that panic.

"My sister told us that before Nima became sick she saw a strange orb floating above her. Then it disappeared."

"It was the aural," the monokeros said firmly. "What surprises me is that a random child in your village was targeted. Have any of you aroused the anger of a necromancer or a dark wizard?"

"No!" Zyra protested. "We had never stepped foot on magical land until Nima's sickness."

"I see," the monokeros said firmly. "I wish I could tell you more."

"Why can't you?"

"My powers of prophecy are limited to my departure," he explained. "I cannot give you the message until I intend to return to my true form. I cannot do this until my needs have been met."

His face took on a serious appearance and he walked up to her.

Zyra gulped as he stood inches away from her, his light blue gaze making her feel cold and foreign.

"You do know you are the only one now, right KeroZyra?"

His hand tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and she flinched from his touch.

"You may detest me now," he said softly, "But I will not harm you, nor take from you more than is owed to me."

"Owed?" Zyra scoffed.

"We had a bargain, did we not?"

Her lips thinned. "Tomorrow. Not a second before than."

"What time?"

"Mid-morning. I'll meet you in your tent by the stream. Are you hungry?"

"No."

"Good."

She turned from him and stalked towards the forest. The sun was low in the sky. Night would fall soon enough.

"Where are you going?" the monokeros shouted.

She didn't slow her stride.

"Do not go back into the village."

Then she began to run, her heart pounding in her ears, blood coursing through her veins. The moment was now. No more hesitation, no more waiting.

Now.

__________________________________________________

Kail had been straightening up his dwelling the best he could. He had cleared it of clutter, gathered flowers and woven them in the ceiling. Back in his days of courting he had found that the women liked such things. It was romantic, something that they could stare at when the sight of their lover was too much for them.

When darkness fell he began to get anxious. The center of the floor was piled with furs of different shapes and sizes, all soft and warm. Patience had never been one of his virtues. A darker part of him wondered why he had relented his taking of her that night when she had lain prone before him. The memory of the haunted abused look in her face dissuaded such thoughts. Things were different now. She was comfortable with him, something he thought he'd never see. The curl of her fingers on his skin, the arch of her back as he gave her pleasure, it was enough to set him hard again.

Knowing what she was going through, the responsibilities she was being forced to endure, would he really make her leave them all behind? Was it because she needed to, or was it because he wanted her too?

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard rough knocks on the door. His mood soured. Zyra had never knocked so brashly. It was probably a messenger coming to inform him that she would not be coming.

The knocking continued and he cursed underneath his breath.

Best to deal with reality now.

He stood up and crossed his threshold and unlatched the door. As soon as it opened it was pushed wide and a feral looking Zyra pressed towards him.

"Zyra!" he said shocked, delighted, and astonished all at the same time.

She pushed the door closed with her foot and before he could speak threw herself at him.

"Take me. Now!" she demanded, stripping him of his shirt with such savagery he was sure one of her nails had left him with a cut.

"Wait...wait," Kail said trying to still the squirming minx. "What are you...?"

"I want you," she mewed huskily, running a hand through his auburn curls.

"You can have me," he said gruffly, carefully clearing his throat.

Please don't be a delightful dream.

"But take your time," he suggested. "...we have all the time in..."

"We don't," she protested.

Pulling away from him she shucked her shirt off and threw it away. The rest of her clothing followed suit until she stood as naked as the day she was born. She didn't allow him time to stare as she pressed herself against him once more.

Her hardened nipples poked at his chest and he hissed. Gripping her arms with an intent to find out what was wrong, he felt his valor falter when her fingers stated to wrestle at his britches. He froze with tension.

"Will you tell me why you're in such a hurry?" he gritted out.

"We'll be interrupted again," she breathed, smacking kisses down his neck.

He was frozen, unresponsive to her attempts to arouse him. She felt silly and unattractive until she noticed the tenting in his britches. He had locked his thighs together. Try as she may she could not rid him of his pants.

She'd cut them off if she had to.

"Zyra stop."

"I never thought I'd hear those words coming from you," she chuckled.

"Zyra I'm serious."

"No."

"Stop...stop."

With a might heave he lifted her up and placed her on the furs. He followed down with her, pressing her arms above her head. His golden eyes struggled to maintain her gaze. Zyra's succulent peaked nipples on her full breasts tempted his primitive senses. How he could taste...

No. He had to focus. Her gaze, focus on her gaze.

"Don't do this," she whispered desperately.

"Don't stop me."

"You're not in the right mind," he rumbled gruffly. "What's wrong?"

"We'll be interrupted," she whined.

"Then I'll wait until I can take you properly," Kail said, screaming loudly on the inside.

"No!" she shouted, struggling against him. "It has to be tonight!"