Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My keromedio, what are you..."

"Hahaha!"

Whatever anger Gray Son held towards her was lost when he saw how she positioned herself.

"Maker be!"

Medean strode forward unamused. With a hand his magic righted Zyra and she sat upright. directly behind the centaur.

"Please refrain from mocking my Mistress," he snapped. "She is unaccustomed to our ways, but she is still of great importance."

May Son's eyes shone with shame and anger. "Yes, forgive me caretaker. My brother will be punished for his actions."

"I don't mind," Zyra said. "He's only joking. I'm not a flower you know."

"How gracious the keromedio is."

"Right. Medean, shouldn't we be going?"

"Indeed," Medean said. "I will meet you there."

Her eyes widened. "You're not riding with us?"

Medean smirked at Gray Son, who seemed to wince at his look. "I could, but there is a certain intimacy in riding that I am sure Gray Son would not appreciate. Perhaps I will ride back, should you report your initial ride unsatisfactory."

Gray Son understood the threat and let out a disgruntled gray.

Medean took her hand and she blushed when he kissed it.

"Mistress. Please be careful, and do not injure the centaurs lest they provoke you."

"Injure us? With all due respect caretaker, this woman is as light as a feather."

She snorted. "Really? That's a first."

Medean gave a small grin. "Appearances aren't everything May Son. Farewell."

Medean walked away and disappeared with a wave of his black cloak.

Zyra cleared her throat. Damn, that was cool.

"My lady, if you would please hold on."

"...huh?"

"To my waist, my lady."

Zyra swallowed, staring at the finely carved bronze body of the centaur. She put her hands on his waist and her heart raced. He was incredibly warm.

"Perhaps a bit tighter, my lady?"

"No, this is fine."

"Very well."

May Son accelerated instantly, nothing but a smack of wind in the face alerting Zyra that he was moving. Her heart in her throat prevented her from screaming. Instead she latched onto May Son, her legs swinging to wrap around him as well. His hearty laugh ran through her, swimming through the air. She looked in front and saw the forest as a blur.

The centaurs quickly galloped through the forest past obstacles with fluid ease.

She turned back to see Gray Son and her head was attacked with disorientation. She groaned, burying her face into May Son's shoulders.

"...ri...my lady?"

She closed her eyes, her senses trying to feel everything, her mind whirling.

"...lady?"

"I'm going to be sick."

"...minute longer...we'll...in...field..."

Zyra sighed and dropped her legs, leaning her body on May Son. Well, at least the nausea had gotten rid of her untimely lust.

The centaurs moved quickly and loudly, the sound of their gallop distinct. Zyra could hear them from a mile away. She wondered how they managed to capture anyone. Time passed swiftly and suddenly they slowed to a trot. Zyra didn't move, afraid that she would become sick again with any sudden movements.

"My Lady, was the ride rough?"

I don't know," she grumbled. "I've never ridden anything before."

"I understand."

"So you're a virgin."

May Son's head whipped towards his brother and his ears turned a bright red.

"Gray Son Nengen Shyla, ride ahead this instant!"

Zyra peeked up to see Gray Son riding on, his eyes lingering over her. During the ride her shirt has ridden up, and her hair stuck wildly to her flushed face. He brayed again, riding off in irritation.

"I must ask you to forgive him," May Son said sighing. "He is plagued by the urge to mate. It is Spring in our valley, and he is a youth who has yet to find himself a wife."

Zyra sat up with a grunt. "Your use of the word "find" is a bit concerning May Son."

May Son shrugged, the muscles contracting beneath her fingers. "It is a cultural difference, my keromedio. What concerns you is tradition for us. Nengen treat their women with care and pride. We capture our women to begin the process to woo them. If we cannot win their love despite our best efforts, we take them home."

She scoffed. "You must make a lot of trips."

"You underestimate the charisma of a centaur," May Son said proudly. "We have several positive attributes. Returning women are rare."

"Uh huh."

"You doubt me?"

"I doubt you capture many human women."

He chuckled.

Zyra sat up, releasing his waist. She paled at the sight of two splotchy bruises.

"I am...so sorry. You should have told me."

May Son shook his head. "Worry not, my lady. I am a man. Surely injuries inflicted by a woman's hands are the sweetest of all."

"Huh. Back to that cultural difference huh?"

May Son neighed, apparently a deeper form of laughter. "Forgive me if I am forward, but it does appear that you are in fact ill versed in the ways of the opposite persuasion. Males of all species and background do not mind what befalls them whilst in the arms of a woman."

"It's a wonder you're all still alive."

"Ha! A wonder indeed. If all women had your strength we might decrease in numbers."

Zyra took deep breaths and eventually her sickness went away. May Son's canter was pleasant, once she got the hang of it.

"May Son?"

"Yes, my lady?"

"Have you...ever seen the part of the valley with purple grass?"

May Son brayed, taking a few wayward steps. He stopped, and turned slightly to look at her.

"Was the land gray?"

Zyra nodded.

"I would highly advise you to avoid such places," he said firmly. "As you know I am a civilized type of beast, but I am categorized as such only because there are uncivilized ones."

"So they are simple beasts then?"

"No, much worse. They believethey are civilized. These monsters thrive in twilight and darkness, there is no sun or day, just a gray sky between dusk and twilight. It is this place the Dark Witches live and the Witch's Council has their Coven. They must reside there to keep the lands from constant war. The valley is not a mere piece of land my lady, it is like a portal into another world. The border is a gateway, and there are several gateways around your world, all leading here."

"Are there other keromedios?"

"No. There can only be one."

"Why?"

May Son shrugged. "I know not, but do not go to this place keromedio. Not unless you are prepared with an army at your side."

Zyra sighed. "Trust me. I have no desire to fight monsters."

"Thank you."

He continued on. They walked in a green clearing, and up ahead she saw a large series of structures. As they drew closer the smell of spices and meat greeted her. The cinders flickering on the wind and the heated stone filled her with longing. Their homes were made of wood, and they resembled Kail's cabin that he had constructed, but they were grander, sturdier, and older.

"This is the village of the Shashanen Shyla ogres," May Son said. "Medean will wait for us at the center."

He rode into the village, which was built into a circle. In the center old green women stretched out animal furs and children covered in dirt danced around their feet. When they saw her looking at them, they stopped what they were doing and stared. Then they began to follow.

Zyra didn't know where to look, as an entourage of curious ogres and ogresses followed her and May Son to the village square.

"Are we safe?" Zyra whispered.

"Yes," he said. "They are more frightened of you that you are of them. You carry the scent of magic and you ride a centaur. They assume you are a witch."

The thought made Zyra sick. When they reached the center, most of the village was assembled, and Zyra was shocked at how many shades of green an ogre could be. She wondered if she were an ogre if she would be a dark green, and if Kail was a human, he'd be like Rell. She saw an ogre baby that was almost a pale white.

No, Kail might be more like Hanto.

"Mistress!"

Medean saw her before she saw him, which was odd considering he was the one fleck of black and white in the massive green crowd.

"Thank you May Son," Zyra said releasing him.

She slid off his back and ran to him.

"Medean, what should I do now?"

Medean frowned and began straightening her hair. "I thought May Son would be more careful with you."

"Maker be, forget my hair Medean!"

Medean sighed and moved his hand away. "Very well. There is nothing to be done now. Follow me."

"What about the centaurs?"

Zyra turned and saw May Son speaking to a gloomy Grey Son. Apparently he had found him.

"They will be fine," Medean said. "You can give them your thanks later. Come, let us go."

Zyra followed him past through the crowd of green people who looked at her with curiosity, admiration, or mistrust.

"Hm, it's just like home."

"What Miss?"

"Nothing."

Behind the tents was a circle of green where a few ogre children ran in circles, while two women, a young one and an older one, sat on a log. Beside them, an ogre man was speaking in a rough unfamiliar tongue.

"Wesla," Medean supplied. "It's a workers dialect used in this part of the forest."

"You can understand it?"

"No."

The young man looked up and saw them, his bright yellow eyes startled. He was mint green and leaner than the others, obviously a youth. His hair was orange, tapered like a candle flame on the top of his head. A single gold earring lay in his right ear, and his hands were gloved. The youth walked up to them, studying them as he walked.

"You requested audience with our family witches?"

His voice was clipped, but its tone was naturally soft and warm.

Even as he glared at her. Zyra swallowed.

By Maker, a young Kail.

"Yes," Medean said. He stepped to the side and put a hand out to Zyra. "I present to you the keromedio of the valley, protector of the humans and creatures of the realm. Representative and arm of the monokeros, Zyra al Rovian.

Zyra raised an eyebrow. Zyra al Rovian?

He avoided her gaze. The boy in front of her stiffened and he dropped to a knee.

"Forgive my forwardness my liege. I meant to watch my tongue."

Zyra's eyes widened as the boy's shoulders began to shake. He was scared.

She put a hand on his shoulder and he jumped, his eyes wide.

"It's alright," she said gently. "My name is Zyra. Please just...don't do that."

The boy stood, a half a head taller than her.

"Have I offended you again?"

"No! I just...I mean...just. Relax. I'm not that big a deal okay?"

The boy gave her an odd look. "Yes, you are."

Zyra's brow furrowed and she turned to Medean.

Save me you jerk.

Medean was standing back. He gave her a nod to continue.

Useless!

"What's your name?"

"River, my liege."

"I see...I'm Zyra."

"I know my liege."

"Do you...have a brother?"

River nodded, behind him the young woman gestured frantically, speaking in the Wesla language.

"Yes, several."

"Do...you have a brother named Kail?"

River took a step back, his face darkening. "What do you want with us?" he shouted. "What more?"

"I'm not here to hurt you."

He turned behind him and shouted to the women.

"Meela! Mourabet! Jie!"

They stood up, their eyes wide and River ran to them.

"They're going to run," Medean said.

"Wait! Please!"

River all but lifted the older woman is order to hurry her away, glancing back at her and Medean like they were Death.

"Shall I stop them?" Medean put a hand out.

When River say Medean's outstretch hand, he pushed the women down and laid his body upon them. It broke Zyra's heart. She patted Medean's hand down and shook her head.

"No, I should have never come here. Let's just go."

"Mistress, we can get them to speak..."

"Medean."

"We need not hurt them for it either."

"We're leaving."

Medean's face froze, and then he slid on his pleasant mask. "As you wish Mistress."

He had put in a lot of work to get her here, and no doubt the repercussions would be nothing to joke about.

Zyra sighed, knowing he was shutting himself off from her.

"For once I'd like you to just be angry with me."

"I am not angry with you Mistress."

Zyra shook her head and began to walk back. She was sorry that Medean had gone through so much work, but she would never allow people to see her like a monster. She would never allow herself to be a figure where children threw themselves over adults to protect them from h er wrath.

She...all she had wanted was—

"Wait."

The voice was rough with age, but Zyra recognized it. She stopped.

"Wait."

Turning she saw an older woman with cool eyes of amber. Kail's mother strode forward unseeing, her hands outstretched. Zyra walked up to her and put her hands in hers. The woman touched her face, then grabbed her hands again, her eyes filled with unshed tears.

She asked Zyra a question, but Zyra didn't know how to answer. Was this how people felt when hearing the Rovian code? The woman asked again, her voice cracking as a tear slid down her face.

Zyra squeezed her hand.

"I'm sorry. I don't understand."

"She asks if Kail is dead." River walked forward, his body stiff, ready to move into action at any moment.

"No, he's not dead." Zyra shook her head, and then remembered the woman was blind.

The woman spoke again and River took another step forward.

"She asks why you are here then."

Zyra frowned. "I wanted to know why Kail was exiled."

River, now the translator spoke directly to Zyra after the woman babbled.

"What does it matter?"

"I just want to know."

"...did you ask him yourself?"

"Sort of."

"...what is "sort of?"

"I didn't get to and he didn't tell me."

"Why?"

"I guess he was scared! I don't know!"

"Perhaps he didn't trust you," River stated. Zyra bristled at the boy's interjection.

The old woman must have sensed the change and took Zyra's hands and led her towards the log.

"Noma wa...noma wa."

River look at her suspiciously, his politeness and formality tossed off.

"She says to follow her."

Zyra let the little old woman sit her down. To her surprise, she began speaking to the others, waving in a dismissive motion. River protested but the woman insisted. Growling he pointed to Medean.

"Come. Meela wishes to speak with her alone."

"Zyra cannot understand—"

"I explained that, but Meela is the matriarch and until she gives up her seat, she is in charge."

"Kail was raised by women leaders?" Zyra muttered. "No wonder he's so good with women. The cur."

River, who had an ogre's superb hearing looked at her strangely. She frowned and avoided his gaze.

Dammit, too much information.

Medean gave Zyra one last look, his eyes unreadable. "If you need me..." He didn't need to finish his sentence. She nodded, and he followed after River.

Meela pulled Zyra closer to her. Silently she put a warm wrinkled hand of her face. She traced her features, seeing in her mind what Zyra looked like. Her nails were still as sharp as ever, but she was gentle.

Meela took her time, Zyra breathing hot puffs of air onto her hand, trying her best not to move.

"Pree-tty,"' Meela said finally. "Pretty."

Zyra chuckled, an involuntary response. "Thank you."

Meela smiled. "Pretty?"

"Yes?"

"Pretty?"

"...yes?"

She was calling her right?

"...Pretty?"

"...no?"

"Pretty?"

Zyra's brow furrowed.

"...yes?"

Meela patted her chest. "Meela." Then she patted Zyra's chest.

"Oh wow. This is happening."

"Pretty?"

"Oh! Zyra, my name is Zyra." She took the woman's hand and put in on her shoulder. "Zyra."

"See-rah."

"Zyra."

"Zeerah."

"...sure."

"Hany gsoi weajh doki, Kail manta qweqwe?"

"Meela, you've lost me."

"Doki."

"I...I don't understand—"

"Yes!"

Meela grabbed her face and squished her cheeks together.

"Yes."

Zyra wiggled her cheeks. "Umfn...culd yough stoff dat?"

"Listening," Meela chided. "Listening."

Zyra would know that tone in any language. You're not listening.

Meela spoke again, this time slower, but it made no difference. Zyra did not understand her, but she kept using the word..."doki." She wished she would think of her so she could read her mind. Meela sent her nothing. After a while the woman just spoke on.

As a reward for listening to her, Meela put Zyra on her chest and stroked her hair. Kail's mom had no personal boundaries. Suddenly several of Kail's behaviors made sense.

"Uh."

Meela shushed her and continued to pet her. At first Zyra felt uncomfortable, but soon she accepted it. Meela's heart was beating in a steady soothing rhythm and her warmth...

Well, it was nice.

"I miss my sister," Zyra mumbled. "And Ginger. And Gharla. They're the only ones who ever hold me like this. It's because they knew my mother I guess. I'm youngest. I don't remember my mother much."

Meela purred a string of words in answer.

"I'm sorry you had to lose your son. That must have been incredibly hard for you. I can't imagine what that's like, what it was like for you. Or Gharla. I don't think I could do it. Motherhood I mean."

Meela chuckled. "Yes?"

"Well, my niece Nima I practically raised, but she's not my child. I'd do anything for her. I'm frightened of what I would do for a child that was actually mine. I'm not...the most self-preservative woman, and I don't want my child to grow up without me." Zyra closed her eyes and sighed. "I...I'm not ready for that responsibility. No matter what the tribe law says."

"Kail uma railai nana?"

"A child with Kail? Not on your life."

Zyra sat up in shock.

"I understood you."

Meela nodded. "Yes."

"I understood you! How did I understand you?"

Meela spoke again, but it was babble. She put her head back to Meela's heart. No, it made no difference.

Zyra shook her head then remembered Meela couldn't see.

"It was a fluke I guess, still, if you can understand me, then answer me this. How did you know about Kail and I?"

Meela pointed a finger at Zyra's shoulder.

"Mark."

Zyra touched her neck but there was no raised skin. Kail had healed it, how could there be a mark?

"You can...see the mark?"

"Half mark."

"Yes."

"Feel."

"You can feel it."

"Doki."

"...Heart. You were asking if I was in love with Kail."

"You listening."

"Yes, I'm listening."

Meela tilted her head. Her brow furrowing.

"Harrrt. Zeerah hart say?"

Zyra stood up and bowed to the old woman. That was enough. No more. "I don't know what my heart says anymore. I'm glad to have had this talk with you, but I need to know why Kail was exiled. I need to know why he killed the last keromedio."

"Kero Medio."

"Yes, that's why I'm here."

Meela tapped her leg for a moment, then gestured behind her.

"You! You! Noma wa!"

Zyra watched as Medean and River came from behind the huts.

"So you were listening?"

Medean said nothing, his face dark and brooding. He seemed...mad? Hm, perhaps she shouldn't have asked him for that emotion.

River on the other hand looked smug. "So, you fucked my brother did you? I always knew human women were loose."

Zyra flushed with anger. "Come over here and say that you—"

Medean pulled his staff out with a twirl and placed it under the youth's neck.

"Watch. Your. Tongue."

River clenched his jaw and pushed the staff back.

"No! You can't hurt us. You're bluffing. The keromedio is in love with my brother. Our family is protected you filthy witch."

"Your family might be protected, but your face isn't."