Oh Elena

Story Info
Could one woman cause so many to fall?...
1.7k words
3.06
38.4k
13
28

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/26/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mary915
mary915
17 Followers

***Present***

Elena

"Honestly Steven, I am so sorry. Things shouldn't have happened this way." I told him , briefly placing a hand on his shoulder before removing it when I saw him look at my hand like it was fire on his shoulder.

"Why did this have to happen Elena?" He croaked as he backed further away from me.

"Steven..." I started, my voice containing dry sympathy, but he cut me off.

"Oh Elena , how I still love you so much. You and your velvety voice. You and your beautiful face to match that slender body. That beautiful small mole that rests below your deep blue eyes.

What a lovely exotic mix you always have been of your Italian father and your Asian mother."

I raised my slightly tan hand up to run my fingers through my black , shoulder length hair as he continued on.

"I love you Elena. Why don't you love me? I want you Elena. Why don't you want me?" He asked, finally meeting my eyes expectantly waiting on me to response.

Has he always been so wacky? I wondered to myself. I mean we've been divorced for well over a year now and here he is pouring his heart out to me like that was okay or something. It's not.

"How have you been doing?" I asked , dismissing his ridiculous questions and diving into my original choice of conversation. This was a small town and I most definitely had heard about his current life situation. I wasn't at all impressed with it. He was a hermit and rarely left the space of his home. He still lives in our old house. Why? I would love to ask but didn't care to have the conversation that would come with it.

"I am glad you came to see me. I don't get any visitors too often." He stated with a smile. He may have been smiling but I could hear the sadness in his voice quite clear.

"Are you doing okay?" I asked , once again trying to discuss what I wanted to discuss.

"Well you're here with me...so that must be a good sign." He said with a grin that didn't reach his brown eyes.

"Steven." I sighed after saying his name slowly as I glared at him incredulously.

"Children , we should've had them. And a dog , we could've had two of those. Oh it would've been great Elena , it really would have." He murmured. It seemed like he was talking more to himself than me but I still heard him.

"Steven." I said once again in a quiet tone as I mentally tried to decipher my current emotions which at the moment was a battle between feeling sympathy and apathy.

"But you're already pregnant." He whispered , pointing at my swollen belly.

I looked down at my protruding tummy and smiled inwardly at the thought that I would finally become a mom. My momentary happiness was interrupted of course when Steven resumed speaking.

"And you and your boyfriend already have a dog." He finished.

"Okay well I better get home." I exclaimed , rising up from his comfy living room sofa before waddling over to his door as quick as I could. Apparently it wasn't fast enough as he was right on my heels to stop me.

Shit! That's one disadvantage of being seven and a half months pregnant. You can't run off quick , fast , and in a hurry from creepy situations when they'd occur.

"Don't go , my Elena." He called out in a lovingly voice as he grabbed a hold of my wrist.

"I am already gone Steven." I told him more forcefully than I intended as I snatched my wrist from him. Before he could respond I was out of his house , off of his porch , and in my car backing out of the driveway.

It took me a little over forty five minutes before I arrived at my own home that I share with boyfriend , Ryan. I sighed for what felt like the hundredth time today before entering the lovely abode.

"How was spa day with your mom?" he asked me from the kitchen , briefly looking at me before turning his attention back to the meal he was preparing as I sat my purse down on the living room table before joining him in our kitchen. There was no spa day with my mom but he doesn't know that and I plan for it to stay that way. I did get a mani/pedi before my visit with Steven to make it look like I was telling the truth though. Hey , I learned a little something in my 27 years of living.

"It was great. There's nothing quite like fresh cuticles and pretty toes." I quipped , causing him to chuckle in the process.

I reached up on my tippy toes to meet his mouth as he gave me a quick peck on the lips. I was 5'4 and he was 6'6 so me reaching up and him kneeling down was a common occurrence when we showed certain forms of affection. I grabbed a seat at the kitchen table as my love continued to be mr.chef.

"How was work?" I asked him , interested in what he's been up to today.

"Same old same old." He answered , grabbing various vegetables out of the fridge.

"A pain in the ass?" I asked with a knowing facial expression , my eyes full of amusement.

"Indeed." he replied , causing us both to laugh and sigh in sync with one another.

"It will get better." I told him seriously after I was done giggling.

"I doubt it." He said, turning his back to me and beginning to peel some cucumbers.

"It will." I responded , trying to reassure him.

"It won't!" He screamed , surprising both me and him.

"Why not?" I asked , my voice barely above a whisper as I pretended that I didn't notice him raise his voice at me.

"This is a small town , Elena. Everyone knows the story of us and I'm still catching hell at work because of it." He stated, his voice calm yet stern at the same time.

"Still? I wasn't aware that you ever did." I told him as he raised an eyebrow at my reply.

"I know." He said dryly.

"So what exactly is going on at work that is so horrible?" I asked , ignoring his sudden clear disinterest in further conversing with me.

"Workwise it couldn't be any better. I am more successful than ever. But the looks of disgust I get from my coworkers is horrible. Not to mention the vast majority of what used to be my friends and family treat me with mere tolerance now." He said , running his hand through his dark brown hair after letting out his frustration.

"Well I'm sorry for ruining your life." I told him , my mood turning more and more sour the more this conversation progressed.

"Oh honey , you didn't ruin my life. Don't ever say that." He told me sounding serious.

My blue eyes looked up to meet his green ones and they did indeed appear genuine. I sighed a sigh of relief. I yawned as I realized that I was tired. I wanted to go upstairs , crawl into my soft welcoming bed , and fall into a deep slumber. But something was preventing me from doing so.

Laziness. I didn't feel like moving , another side effect of pregnancy I guess.

Ryan must have read my mind because out of nowhere I was in his arms and he began to carry me up the stairs. "My love is ready for a nap I see." He stated with a knowing smile as I returned the smile before closing my tired eyelids. I was already halfway asleep as he placed me in our bed gently and put a cover over my body.

***Years Earlier***

Elena

"How was your first day at the new job?" My husband of five months and partner of three years asked me as I entered our home.

"Oh Steven it was great!" I exclaimed cheerily.

"Really? How so?" He asked with a smile on his face as he typed away at our computer in the corner of our living room.

"My coworker Ryan is really close to the boss and he says that he can get me promoted in a matter of months if I work hard enough." I told him excitedly.

"That's great honey." He told me , smiling at me before returning his focus back to the computer screen.

"Right. I mean I'm fresh out of college and for this to happen on the first day of work is just crazy in the best way." I announced more to myself than him as I smiled at the bright future ahead of me.

"So how are things coming along for you? My stunning husband." I asked , sashaying over to where he was sitting and wrapping my arms around his neck affectionately.

He kissed my hand before replying with "I'm writing a new story."

"That's exciting. Maybe this one will get published honey." I told him , finding myself in his lap and kissing his cheek.

"Maybe." He replied , snaking a hand around my waist.

The ringing of his phone interrupted our would be hot encounter.

"It's my mom." He acknowledged , looking down at his phone.

"Your mommykins." I joked , hopping off of his lap but staying close in contact by resting my hand on the arm of his chair.

After about a minute and thirty seconds of talking , their convo abruptly ended.

"So what's up with your mom?" I asked.

"She wants to know when we're going to get started on giving her some grandkids." He smiled.

"Well she better wait on it cause it will be a while." I stated , only half joking.

He semi-smiled and I instantly knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong honey?"

"I just want to get my big break. I am sick of my articles being rejected and not getting published. I just want to become a renowned journalist and have kids with you." He revealed.

"Oh baby , you will get your big break. You will be successful and everyone will know your name. We'll have kids and life will be great. Just be patient , honey." I told him.

We embraced and he nodded his head seeming to be moved by my words of encouragement.

At the time neither of us knew that alcohol and infidelity would ruin our marriage and eventually ruin Steven.

To be continued...

*****

All comments are welcome and thanks for reading!

mary915
mary915
17 Followers