OK Ch. 13-18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She wore a dark blue top with spaghetti straps under which dark blue bra straps could be seen, and a denim skirt which showed off her perfect legs and half her thighs. No stockings or tights: it was a warm night.

On the way to the restaurant, he showed her all the other restaurants and takeaways, and commented on each of them. Tracy loved the meal, and asserted that she no longer regretted leaving London. She brought him up to date on their common friends, and he told her about his Dutch experience.

They wandered to the Griffin, where Tracy sampled the bitter, then the mild and pronounced the bitter among the best she had ever tasted, and she was astounded at the low price.

They sat in the main lounge and talked beer, and then went on to talk whisky. He dissuaded her from buying any in the pub, telling her he had a collection at home.

"What I don't understand," he said, as they started on their second pint, "is why Maurice sent you up here at all. After all, I'm back now, and Tom will be back to what he does so well, selling our wares."

She looked thoughtful. He wondered what she was thinking.

"All I can say," she said, "is that I was told I'm going to be needed for some months. Perhaps all will be revealed next time you go South?"

"I've been summoned to see him, on Saturday for Gods' sake!" he said with resignation. Then an unpleasant thought struck him.

"If you're needed here," he said thoughtfully, "I'll bet it means Tom will still be doing my job. If that's the case, what has Maurice got in mind for me?"

Tracy looked blankly at him. "John, the Great Callaghan likes to keep his secrets until the last minute. I think it's so you don't have time to think. In any case, you have to agree, don't you?"

John sighed. "I don't like the sound of this, I was beginning to look forward to having some time with you and getting back to the office, to say nothing of a holiday."

"No time to lose then," said Tracy with a sensuous smile. "Shall we go home?"

The phone was ringing as they arrived at the house. It was Tom confirming the dinner date for the next day.

Tracy really meant it when she said there was little time to lose, pulling John up the stairs and into the bedroom as soon as he put the phone down, John only pausing to lock the front door and kick off his shoes.

Standing with the back of her legs against the side of the bed, she faced him, and he remembered she loved to be undressed, and to undress him in her turn. She panted with the exertion of running up the stairs and was smiling broadly with anticipation as she waited silently, her bosom heaving.

He lifted her top and she raised her arms to assist him. He unzipped and pushed down her skirt, and she lifted each foot to escape it. She bra was dark blue with lace above the nipple and silk below. The panties were matching: silk with lace panels either side of the crotch. She wore nothing else.

She did not wait for him to unveil her further, but pulled his tee shirt over his head, ran her hands down his chest and stomach, unbuttoned his chinos and drew down the zip. She pushed them down and ran her hands round him to slide over his bottom under his boxers, pushing them down from within to follow the trousers to the floor. He in turn stepped and kicked out of them to stand naked except for his socks.

She laughed, pulled him over to sit on the bed and knelt to removed them, kissing his feet and up his legs. When she reached his knees she pushed him back onto the bed, and kissed up his thighs till she reached his by now very erect penis, which she engulfed in her mouth, pulled out, plunged in again, out again and then leapt onto the bed astride him and, guiding him with her hand, dropped onto his cock till he was fully buried. He did not remember her pushing off her knickers, but there they were, hanging from one ankle!

He remembered as she began to rise and fall, her eyes closed and her mouth hanging open in her pleasure, that she always wanted to be fully penetrated at the start of love making.

He stripped off her bra, and fondled her naked breasts, and she began making her own sounds of intensity, moaning and keening as she alternately ground against him and rode him, up and down, her breasts breaking free of his hands, pitching and swinging. Then came the sound he had come to love, "Whoo - oo - oo!" rising in pitch as she climaxed, twitching and bucking as if he were trying to throw her off, instead of trying to keep her on!

Before she could come down from her peak, he pulled out, flipping her over and under him, and penetrating her again, this time pushing to his own release, which came swiftly, to his own vocal accompaniment.

Afterwards they lay entwined and both were drowsy John from his intensive morning and his entertaining Tracy in the afternoon, and Tracy from her long drive and the selfsame subsequent entertainment.

"I'd forgotten," she said as if to herself.

"Forgotten?" asked John indolently.

"How good we are together."

"In bed?"

"All the time. Comfortable. Relaxed. But the sex as well, yes."

John felt good, it was indeed comfortable to be with her again. Then as he was drifting off, he remembered he had not phoned Carol. Tomorrow, he thought as sleep took him.

The next thing John knew was that he was treated to a lovely sunny day. It was early. He slid gently out of bed and switched the radio on as he left to make the first pot of tea of the day. When he returned to the bedroom she was stirring. He put down the tea and climbed back into bed, when she burrowed into his arms and entwined herself with him.

"HI!" she said sleepily.

"Good morning!" he replied. "Sleep well?"

"You always used to say that in London," she said languidly, "I liked it."

"Well, did you?"

"Did I what?"

"Sleep well?"

"Wonderfully, my lover."

As he lay with his arm round her, for the first time he began to wonder if this relationship could blossom into something more than friendship with benefits.

While in London, he thought, he had this burning sense of injustice against Carol which kept his relationship with Tracy more distant, but now Carol seemed to have moved on, Tracy began to look like a real prospect, though he did not want to say anything yet. Let things develop as they would.

He wondered afresh with a sinking feeling what Maurice had in mind for him. There was no sense in feeling settled with such uncertainty about his immediate future.

He roused himself. "Drink your tea, then we need to get up. Tom is expecting us at work."

Knowing each other so well, they showered separately to save time, and after a quick coffee, set off to arrive at the office before eight thirty.

Julie was pleased to see him.

"Tom been good to you?" John asked with a twinkle in his eye.

"Of course," she replied, "and this must be the wondrous Tracy Rushton. Your fame precedes you my dear. Welcome to the cold bleak North."

"Thanks, but it seems warm enough to me," Tracy rejoined, shaking her hand.

"Just you wait," laughed Julie. "It's bound to rain soon, it's what we're famous for!"

"Tom in?" asked John.

"Yes, go right in, it is your office after all! See you again Tracy, I'm sure. You come so well recommended."

That was Julie all over, thought John, she seemed to have a knack of making people fee good about themselves. Tracy's smile proved it.

John introduced her to Tom and then left them to talk for half an hour or so, while he made a quick tour of the place. He finished in the sales office, where Tom was introducing Tracy to Colin Amstead, before Tom and John went back to John's office together.

Tom and he picked over what had happened while he was away, did a good deal of analysis, and made some projections. John realised that Tom was not simply holding the fort, but was being a real MD, though it was clear that having to look after sales as well was taking its toll on him.

John wondered if there might be a call to Tom to take over another part of the company, though he said nothing. He knew Ann was settled and the children were happy in their school. A move would cause problems.

The morning melted into the afternoon, Tom and John taking lunch in the canteen where they noticed Colin and Tracy deep in conversation over their own lunch.

On their way back to the house, John was treated to an assessment from Tracy of Colin as an interim Sales Manager, and the signs were not good.

"I really need to talk to Tom about this before something bad happens," she said. "He's really not up to it and he knows it. He's very stressed."

"You'll get a chance tonight when we go and see Ann and Tom at home," John said. "Ann will want to give you the once over. I'm sure you'll get on really well with her."

They were greeted at the door by Ann, and John inwardly laughed as Tom's wife sized up the woman before her who would be working closely with her husband, while Tracy did the same.

"Hi, I'm Tracy," John's girlfriend said with an open smile, which said, You have nothing to fear from me, as she held out a hand to shake.

"Ann," came the reply as hands were joined, "You're very welcome, come in!"

Introductions over, the conversation was kept light and safe. Then Tom took Tracy to his study leaving John with Ann. The children were playing in the garden. John sensed an impending inquisition and he was not wrong. Ann's opening was innocent enough, but he was not fooled.

"So, John, Tracy is boarding with you while she works here?"

"That's right."

"Tom says you were 'friends' while you were in London." The word friends had that special intonation that implied a lot more.

"Yes Ann," John said doggedly, "we were more than just friends, but neither of us were into commitment then."

"Then?" Ann latched onto the word.

"Yes, then." John said; he had no intention of helping her out.

"So Tracy-"

"Is still a friend."

"But-"

"Ann," he said with some exasperation in his tone. "She came yesterday to stay while she's working here. Before that, I've not seen or spoken to her since I left London. Don't you think it's a bit early for you to be match making? I assure you, she's a very moral girl, Tom is quite safe."

"But you aren't!" she laughed.

"Certainly not!" he reposted, laughing in his turn, "and I don't want to be."

"She seems very nice."

"She is."

The conversation was ended by the reappearance of Tom and Tracy. Ann immediately swooped on Tracy and took her out, 'to see the garden'.

"Well?" said John.

"She'll do just fine," said Tom. "Why she's not moved beyond PA I don't know, she's very talented and her knowledge and expertise is impressive. The Boss needs to wake up before she moves elsewhere. If she weren't temporary, I'd move her straight into the sales manager's job. Her assessment of Colin was succinct and depressingly accurate. She's concerned for his health, very perceptive."

"Well," said John, "see how she fits in and then we'll see."

"You reckon she might stay up here?"

"No idea. She likes the area, and is impressed by the beer. That certainly counts in her favour, don't you think? Taste and talent! See how things go and then make a decision."

"Sound's like you're not coming back," said Tom.

"Don't know," John answered. "No doubt I'll have more information when I've seen Maurice tomorrow, but from all reports you've settled into my job very comfortably. Maybe there's no room for me any more."

"Don't be stupid John," Tom began.

"Joke!" said John. "At least I hope so. I've hardly started in this job."

The conversation ended with the women's return along with the children, who, having eaten earlier were off to bed.

Dinner was cheerful and free from business talk. In truth most of the conversation was between the women who seemed already the best of friends.

Tracy enthused all the way back to the house over Ann and the children, and of course Tom. On arriving home, John packed a provisional spare set of underwear and his toilet bag 'just in case', though he hoped to be back the same night.

They then sampled a number of whiskies before wandering up to bed arm in arm, making gentle but thorough love before falling asleep. Next morning John left Tracy sleeping while he had a quick breakfast, and then kissed her before leaving for his train.

--

Chapter Sixteen

John arrived at Maurice Callaghan's outer office at two minutes to one.

"Good to see you John!" Paula said.

"Same here," he said, and waited.

She buzzed through, "John's here, Maurice."

She looked up with a look of compassion, "Go right in John."

John felt foreboding at that look, and his spirits dropped. He entered the holy of holies.

"Hi, Maurice," he said as Maurice extended his hand for shaking.

"Please sit down, John," Maurice was smiling broadly, indicating the padded chair opposite his desk. John nodded and sat.

"Congratulations on a job excellently done in Holland; the Chairman has asked me to pass on his appreciation to you, both of your early prediction which alerted us, and your handling of a very edgy situation. We are already seeing big improvements, so well done." Maurice paused as if to gauge John's reaction.

"Glad to be of service," John said with a wry smile, "but I suspect that you didn't call me all the way down here on a weekend just to say that. It could have been said over the phone."

"Perceptive as always," Callaghan said with an easy smile. "What I'm about to tell you must not go outside this room. I stress that, John. I chose Saturday so there'd be no one here. This is very serious."

He stopped to await John's acceptance. John nodded.

"You are well aware that many of our components are supplied by two factories in the Far East, and one that makes up finished products. I've been getting hints of some bad practice - child labour, abuse of women and badly underpaid workers in general. Bad for our reputation, and for quality."

"I've noticed quality is falling in what arrives at our end," added John. "I've been wondering about whether we should start looking elsewhere."

"So you're ahead of us. We need to inspect the people we're using carefully, and at the same time, make tentative enquiries about other sources. We need someone to go and see personally how things really are: a surprise visit and then some meetings with their managers.

"There is also a growing number of keen African manufacturers - the Chinese are already in evidence using them. We need to assess capabilities there as well.

"Finally, we need to assess whether we should make a bid for one or more of the far eastern factories with a view to bringing them into the family, so to speak, so we can get rid of any abuses and put our research and development successes into faster production."

"That's a huge job, Maurice. It'll take months. Are you looking for my advice on whom to send?"

Maurice laughed at this, "I nearly sent you to the Philippines last year. I wish I had now." Then he stopped laughing and stared seriously at John.

"What?" John stuttered. "Me? Maurice I don't-"

"Look John," Maurice gently prodded, "You've shown your trouble-shooting skills to perfection in Holland. While you were doing your three years, you showed how very perceptive you are, and how you get to the nub of things fast. You're diplomatic as well. Holland proved it. So, after examining all the possible candidates, you're by far the best we've got. Everyone knows that, and I mean everyone."

John knew he was talking about the Board of Directora.

"You asking me or telling me?"

"I'm asking very politely, John. There are great things on the horizon for you, you know. The Board is very impressed. You know what I mean?"

John knew that he really had no choice. He sighed.

"How soon?"

"I want you down here more or less immediately. You'll need jabs and a thorough briefing and assessment of the suspicions so far generated, to say nothing of getting an itinerary settled.

Get the jabs before you go back north. Paula will have some reading matter for you to take back. How about arriving on Wednesday? Tom seems to be well in control and you're aware I've sent one of your girlfriends to help him out. You approve of my choice?"

"Tracy is perfect. I reckon she can cope with running sales herself up there. I took her to see Tom and he was really impressed. They'll work well together."

"Good. See you Wednesday, the flat is available. Remember you can't tell anyone what the job is. You'll see when you do your reading that there are suspects at this end. They must not get wind of this inspection, nor of our suspicions. incriminating evidence will disappear and there'll be nothing to go on.

"You can say that you'll be away for four months or more, but not where you're going. We don't want any leaks to the East or round these offices before you get there, and the best policy is to tell no one."

"I understand," said John. "This place is like a sieve for leaks."

"You noticed," said Maurice wryly.

So, thought John, There may be some rot here as well eh?

John found that Paula had made an appointment for his injections at a private clinic in an hour's time even though it was a Saturday afternoon.

"You were very sure I'd agree to this," he said smiling.

"Sir Maurice was," she winked at him. "You were hardly likely to say no, were you?"

John shrugged, and she laughed.

As he waited for his appointment, he wondered about Gareth Fredericks and Xavier Curran, the two who liaised with the Far East companies. He knew they took regular trips out there, and had wondered before why so often. Something did not fit.

It was obvious they were not in on his secret investigation, and that meant they too were suspected of malpractice. He shivered, thinking that he was not cut out to be a spy. I couldn't rise to become 001, let alone 007, he thought with a grim smile.

On the journey home, he phoned Tracy to say he would be home about ten. She promised, accompanied by a throaty laugh, some supper and a 'warm' welcome. He felt a twitch in his trousers and smiled contentedly.

"How was your day?" John asked her as he began a tasty supper of pork pie, pickles, salad and a baked potato. She had kissed him ravenously on his entry and led him immediately to the kitchen to eat. There was a bottle of beer to help it down.

"Sweet!" she said happily in response to his query. "I went into Manchester and did some serious shopping."

John knew his delaying tactics would not work, and they didn't. He hoped she would not be too offended when he refused to tell her anything.

"So," she said, all agog. "What's the boss go lined up for you?"

"Sorry," he said, biting the bullet. "I can't tell you. Can't tell anyone, and I mean anyone. What I think I can tell you is that I leave for London on Wednesday, and then I'll disappear for about four months."

"Four months!" gasped an astounded Tracy.

"More or less, depending how successful I am. That's why you're here."

"To look after your house?" She giggled.

"Don't be daft! To help Tom out."

"Are you able to tell Tom what's going on?" She asked pointedly.

"No."

"Fuck!" He could see she understood how serious this was.

"Don't put ideas in my head!" said John. He had been feeling worn out after a long, long day, but her cheerfulness and her dressing gown, which gaped sufficiently to allow glimpses of a translucent pale blue baby-doll nightie and matching g-string, energised him somewhat, and he was looking forward to bed.

She undid the belt on the gown and allowed it to fall open.

"Finished your supper?"

He nodded, gazing at her semi-revealed curves and captivating legs and thighs.

"Bed?" she asked, knowing the answer, and its implication.