Old Friends Become Special Friends

Story Info
Spouses forced to live far apart find substitutes.
14.6k words
4.39
36.4k
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors note: Readers from the post pill age will find the first part of this story incredible. They will find it hard to believe that the repressed behaviour described was normal for many of us of our generation. The incidents described in that part of the story are all based on actual events in the lives of myself or close acquaintances.

In those days too, airfares and international phone calls were many times less affordable than they are now. Of course there was no Skype or anything like it.

Sadly the events in the later part of the story are all pure fantasy.

* * * * *

Old Friends Become Special Friends

* * * * *

Much against our wishes, my wife, Kathleen, and I, Leonard Miller, were living over 2000 miles apart in two different countries. The international company I worked for had more or less forced me to take a nine month assignment in Brisbane, Australia. Kathleen's senior position kept her in our home in Auckland, New Zealand. We could only afford for me to visit her for a weekend every six weeks or so. We both found the separation distressing. We eagerly looked forward to our regular twice weekly phone conversations.

This Wednesday I had a surprise for her. "Kathy! You'll never guess who I met at lunchtime today."

"No Lenny, who?"

"Becky Cameron!"

* * * * *

Thirty years earlier I had done rather well at school in the New Zealand country town where I was brought up. I moved to Auckland to study engineering at Auckland University. That's when I met Andy Cameron. Andy came from another country town, was living in the same hostel, and was doing the same course. We rapidly became each other's closest friend.

Andy and I talked about all sorts of things but, given the state of our hormones, our main interest was girls and sex. As was normal for well brought up young men in those days before the pill, we were both virgins, inexperienced, shy and ignorant but keen to find out all about it. We talked about sex between ourselves and with other students some of whom had steady girlfriends and some, whom we eagerly questioned, who had "done it".

I had a pretty strong sex drive and for as long as I could remember had masturbated to a climax at least once every night before going to sleep. I made a decision that I wasn't going to do that anymore now I had made the great move away from home but that resolution only lasted a few weeks until one of the older students lent me a copy of "Lady Chatterley's Lover". There was no way I could keep both hands above my waist while reading the sexy bits.

Although neither Andy nor I was particularly religious most of our social contact with young women occurred at Church youth group functions including regular dances because that was the scene we had been brought up to. Occasionally I persuaded a girl to let me escort her to her home where I would leave her at the door. Some allowed a quick kiss goodbye and I even persuaded a few to go out to the pictures with me. None of those meetings came to anything except to fuel my one handed activity at night.

Then after a couple of years came the night I met Kathleen. She was a beautiful slim girl about five foot four inches tall. Her breasts were not particularly large but she certainly had curves in the right places and what she had was adequate, perky and attractive. I thought she was lovely. After our first dance together she agreed to sit with me and we talked. To my surprise she seemed to like me and though we were both initially shy the conversation became steadily easier. I asked her if she would like to go out with me and she said yes. Like me she was very shy and inexperienced in dealing with the opposite sex having been educated in an exclusive girl's school and not having any brothers or close friends with brothers. The second time she went with me to the movies I tried to kiss her outside her parent's house. She was so shocked she ran inside and shut the door. I was devastated. A few days later I was a little discomforted to see her at the same social dance again. To my surprise she came over to me during a "Ladies Choice" dance and asked me up. As we danced she explained. "I am so sorry about my behaviour the other night. You must have thought I was rejecting you but I didn't mean that at all. You were the first boy I liked who ever tried to kiss me. I was just overwhelmed with unfamiliar feelings and didn't know how to handle them. I panicked."

"Does that mean you would consider going out with me again?" I asked.

"Yes! I would like that very much if you still want me to."

To my delight we were back together again going to movies, church socials and dances. I was soon allowed kisses which she clearly enjoyed and after a while returned.

A few weeks after Kathleen and I met, Andy came to the same regular dance as we were at and there was a girl there he had been admiring from afar. To his surprise and pleasure she turned out to be Kathleen's best friend Becky. We introduced them. Andy and Becky hit it off straight away and, like Kathleen and I, quickly became a regular couple. Becky was beautiful in a rather different way to Kathleen being shorter at about five foot two and more curvaceous with C cup breasts which Andy drooled over. Andy was taller than me at around six foot one to my five foot nine.

Fairly quickly Kathleen and I were meeting two or three times a week and giving each other passionate hugs and kisses. One day I slid my hand up over her clothes to cover one of her breasts. She put her hand over mine and gently but firmly pulled it away. A day or two later I did the same but this time her hand came over mine and held it there. It felt wonderful. Not long after that she reluctantly allowed me to undo her shirt and bra and fondle her bare nipples and soon after that I told her I wanted to see her breasts. She hesitated but let me open her shirt completely. After some fondling I bent my head down and started sucking her nipples alternately. She was a bit shocked but it really excited her and she began moving frantically against me. While Kathleen was initially rather hesitant about our sexual activity after a while she became just as keen and horny as me. I will never forget the time she came to my room and for the first time shyly let me undress her completely and turn the light on. I had never seen anything so beautiful or so exciting. We both knew and agreed that actual sex was not on but over the months we slowly pushed the boundaries. She became interested in my dick and liked to get it out and play with it. Soon it was normal at the end of each evening we spent together that we would hug and kiss and I would fondle and suck on her breasts until she became excited and then I would play with her clit with my fingers until she came. Then she would get my dick out and fondle it until I exploded. One evening we got quite a fright. We were petting on the couch in the lounge of her parent's house, as we often did, assuming her parents were asleep. Our clothes were in disarray when we heard her mother coming down the stairs. She stopped just outside the door of the lounge, asked if we were OK and went back up the stairs. I have wondered since whether she was more understanding than we realised and decided not to embarrass us and herself.

About that time I managed to find enough money to buy an ancient car and at the end of an evening together we could find a good parking place to neck and pet instead of risking exposure in her parents lounge.

Andy and Becky and Kathleen and I often double dated, particularly now I had the car. We would sometimes go to a lonely beach which was backed by bush. After we all played together in the water they would disappear into the undergrowth in one direction while we went in another to neck and pet and bring each other off. We tried parking together but that was just too much. The sounds of their excitement made it difficult to concentrate on our own activities.

The four of us were all fond of each other but we stayed as separate couples. I liked Becky a lot but was not mad over her as I was over Kathleen. While I really adored Kathleen's slimmer figure I did sometimes fantasise as to what it would be like to see and fondle the bigger breasts that Andy was so fond of on Becky. Once Becky was leaning down towards me to pick up something and then looked up and caught me trying to look down into the low cut dress she was wearing. We both went a little pink but she just smiled. I am sure that Andy also looked Kathleen over occasionally.

I took Kathleen down to stay for a few days with my parents. My father looked Kathleen over and complimented me on my choice. We invited them up to a special dinner with Kathleen's parents to celebrate our engagement.

The marriage was to wait several months to the end of the year so our sexual experimentation and frustration continued.

Andy and Becky had serious disagreements and decided to break up. Andy went across to Sydney to try a different life in Australia. I don't know what he got up to socially but he later referred to it as his dark period. He did well in the commercial sphere, however, selling into specialist areas using his engineering knowledge to talk to engineers who were potential customers.

At last the time came we had been eagerly awaiting. Kathleen and I got married. We drove off to where we were to spend our first night together. We had agreed that after dinner we would go for a long romantic walk on the beach as we used to when we had been there before. It didn't happen. When we went up to or room to get suitable warm clothing we took one look at each other, grabbed each other and hopped on to the bed. We started off with our usual hugs and kisses, rapidly got to our usual necking and petting but this time when we would usually reluctantly stop we didn't have to. She was ready and waiting and wet and I started to force my way in. Even though it was a bit of a strain for her, she had her hands around my bottom to eagerly pull me in. What followed was the most exciting feeling of my life. It didn't take long before she was cumming around me and I was emptying myself into her. The subsequent relaxation was so different from our previous frustration.

Unfortunately I was too keen for a repeat performance and Kathleen did have some soreness in the area so things were not perfect for a few days but very soon we were both enjoying our life together. We soon found we liked sleeping in contact with each other and after a while got into the habit of sleeping in spoon fashion. We came to love each other less frenetically but more companionably and deeply. We were both regularly horny and we loved the pleasure we could give each other.

Despite having mutually agreed to separate, Becky found herself pining desperately for Andy and it turned out that Andy was missing Becky too so he came back and they got married with us as their best man and maid-of-honour. As Andy had been successful in Australia and had made some good contacts there they went and made their home in Sydney.

Kathleen and I made a home together in Auckland. Within two years we had a son, Tony, and two more years later we had a daughter, Helen. We had a happy and successful life. The occasional disagreement between Kathleen and I usually ended when our toes tentatively touching in bed turned to petting and loving and fucking.

* * * * *

Our contact with Becky and Andy slowly decreased as we led separate lives far apart. Becky and Kathleen exchanged Christmas cards including brief notes for a few years. We knew that they had a home in a suburb of Sydney and had two daughters. Eventually we totally lost touch.

***

Our lives continued. Kathleen and I both developed successful careers. I joined the New Zealand branch of a large construction company and helped the company design techniques for the efficient installation of communications systems for large projects. Kathleen rose through the ranks as a senior nurse. Tony and Helen grew up with only average problems. Our family was a fairly self-contained one. We had a social life and made friends though not close ones.

Kathleen and I continued to be a pretty horny pair, cuddling each other every night and, as often as not, fucking each other to sleep. We were faithful to each other although we did fantasize together about other possibilities. Twice we came rather close to another couple to the extent that there was some cross couple flirting. Kathleen and I had fun discussing what it would be like to swap but it was just fantasy fun. I did some kissing and hugging with the other wives and I think Kathleen had a bit of a cuddle with one or other of the husbands but it never went further than that.

Eventually our children left home. From an early age Tony showed an unusual interest in growing things including plants and animals. This continued until eventually he went off to Agriculture College in the Waikato. Helen did very well at school, particularly in science. She always wanted to be a doctor so she went off to Medical School in Dunedin.

We were, of course, sorry to see the children go but we really enjoyed the freedom it gave us. Kathleen and I were still a sexy couple. While we had slowed down a bit compared with when we were newly married we still enjoyed fucking more than once a week, as often as not initiated by Kathleen. We did things it would have embarrassed us to do when we might be caught by the children. We fucked in different positions in different places in the house. We could stay in bed on a Sunday morning and play with each other to our heart and body's content. We could go where we liked during weekends without needing to consider anyone else's needs. We even visited nudist beaches where we found that compared with others we had pretty fit and healthy looking bodies, particularly for our age.

* * * * *

In short we were having happy lives, having a lot of fun together, with particularly active and healthy sex-lives. That was until a major development in my career. The international company I worked for won a contract for a very large development in Brisbane, more than 2000 miles away in Australia, with a large communications component. Because of the good work I had done in that area the upper management insisted they wanted me to supervise the work in the new project. This would involve me living in Brisbane for nine months. Kathleen and I agonised over this. To refuse would have seriously damaged my future career prospects. Kathleen could have gone with me to Brisbane but we didn't want her to give up the prestigious position she had achieved as Director of Nursing at a private hospital. That would also have meant giving up the house we were very fond of or leaving it empty. Much against our wishes we decided I would have to go to Brisbane on my own for the nine months. We would only be able to afford visits back to Auckland to be together every 6 weeks or so. This was a very dismal prospect but we agreed to try and make the best of it.

After a very tearful farewell, off I went to live in a hotel in Brisbane. We had agreed that we would phone each other every Wednesday and Sunday evening. The time difference made that a little awkward. Auckland is two hours ahead of Brisbane in winter and three hours in summer.

I of course resorted to masturbation but Kathleen was unusually inhibited about the idea of sex by herself and couldn't bring herself to it.

On our Sunday evening call a couple of weeks after I had been gone, Kathleen was in tears. She missed me too much and badly wanted our lovemaking. She was having trouble getting to sleep because she kept thinking of me and wanting me to make love to her. I told her to phone me again later when she was ready for bed, had changed into her nightgown and was facing a mirror with the phone on speaker so her hands were free.

"Hello Lenny, are you there?"

"Yes Kathy. Are you ready the way I asked you?"

"Yes, I have got nothing on but my nighty and I am looking at myself in a mirror. What are you doing?"

"I am sitting with nothing on but my pyjama pants with my prick hanging out. I am visualising you sitting in front of me in just your nighty. Lift the front of your nighty so I can see your breasts. Are you doing that?"

"Yes I am looking at my breasts in the mirror and imagining it's you looking at them."

"I love looking at your breasts. Rub and pinch your nipples and pretend it is me doing it."

"I feel as if you are playing with my breasts and they are getting hard and sticking out like they do when you suck them."

"I love it when your big pointy nipples stick out."

"What are you doing?"

"My prick is standing up out of my pyjamas and I am stroking it imagining it is your hand. Are you feeling a bit excited?"

"Yes I love your cock. I wish I was holding it. I am getting horny feelings in my pussy."

"Rub your pussy with your hand. Pretend you are holding my prick and rubbing it hard. My prick is hard and throbbing."

"My hand is rubbing my pussy. I am imagining it is you."

"Put two fingers one each side of your clit and rub it between them."

"I am all wet down there. Rub your cock hard. I want it. I want your hard cock in me."

"Put the fingers of your other hand inside and push them in and out while still rubbing your clit."

"I am doing that and pretending it is your cock going in and out of me. I am getting very excited."

"I am rubbing my prick hard imagining it's inside you while I am holding you in my arms with my chest against your breasts."

There was nothing to be heard on the phones for a while but the slight slap of our hands and the increasing sound of heavy breathing.

"Oh Lenny! Lenny! I am cumming hard imagining your cock in me."

"I have just sprayed cum all over my pyjama pants. Did you like that?"

"It was nice but I still wish you were really here. I love you and need you Lenny."

"I love you and want to be with you too Kathy. Do you think you could go to sleep now?"

"Yes. I think so. I am feeling calmer and sleepy but I will still miss you badly. Good night Lenny!"

"Good night Kathy!"

* * * * *

In our regular phone calls we heard each other's news and we discussed those every day matters on which we needed to confer but from that day on our calls always ended with phone sex. It was far from satisfactory but was just enough to make our separation endurable. The experience showed us that while sex was a need, companionship, hugs and physical contact were important to us and what we most missed.

My life was very full during the working week but I was at a bit of a loose end during evenings and weekends. The people I was working with did their best to make me feel at home but they basically fell into two groups. Some were happily married and a couple of them invited me to their homes but they were heavily wrapped up in their family lives. The rest were leading the singles party lifestyle and would have happily included me but, given my attachment to Kathleen, that was not on.

I flew home to Kathleen for a weekend as we had agreed I would do every six weeks or so. There were a few things Kathleen wanted me to help with around the house and some practical things to sort out but we spent most of the short time we had just enjoying each other including lots of sex. It was wonderful but only too short. I couldn't leave Brisbane until after the end of work on Friday. The international flight over to Auckland in those days took more than four hours, more including getting to the airport and all the pre and post flight formalities. The time difference meant that if I flew after work on Friday my arrival in Auckland was after midnight. Then I had to do it all in reverse in time to be ready for work back in Brisbane on Monday.

After that it was back to the frustration of masturbation and the barely satisfying twice weekly phone sex. One night Kathy surprised me by telling me "A few nights ago I was so horny and sleepless that I did what I thought I could never do. I used my hands to make myself come on my own pretending you were doing it to me. Since then I have done it again. It works but it is nothing like as good as doing it with you for real or even doing it with you on the phone."