OMG! I'm Naked in School! Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Again clapped her hands, Dr. Robinson commanded everyone's attention. "We are about to get the study under way." All eyes upon her, when she paused, no one made a single sound. "To recap where we stand, all of you who elected to participate and passed the screening process submitted your final legal consent documents last week. For each and every one of you standing here before me this morning, all your forms have been notarized, documented and duly filed."

Though everyone was giving her their complete attention, she raised her voice, speaking up even more loudly. "You all are aware of the serious nature of the scope of this study. Strict compliance is not just essential, it is critical." Going from face to face, like a military drill instructor searching for weaknesses in her new recruits, she scanned the face of each participant one--by--one. When done, she nodded. "Okay, we've arrived at your proverbial moment of truth. If you've just experienced any second thoughts, or if for any reason you don't feel you are up to the challenge before you, this is your last opportunity to clear your conscience and opt out. Because once we begin, there will be no turning back."

Richard nudged Carolyn faintly with his elbow and whispered sidelong. "Speak now, or forever hold your," he spelled the last word out in a hush, "p--i--e--c--e."

His attempt at humor almost made her feel better.

When no one spoke up, Professor Robinson nodded and allowed the tiniest smile of satisfaction to appear then vanish. "Did any of you have any issues not addressed in your final meetings with your individual counselors? Is there anyone here who has any concerns at all?" Again, the only response she received was silence. Stepping back, she nodded to the well--dressed man to her left. "You can take it from here, Principal Rogers."

Principal Rogers looked as though he had been an athlete in his younger days, and could likely have had a successful career as a male model. Yet close up, the years had left their mark. During high--profile school functions, he used his looks to his best advantage, appearing more like a game show host than a school administrator. This particular morning, the game show persona didn't come off at all. He was showing everyone his patented smile. Yet clearly broadcasting his own nonverbal anxiety signals, he was unable to control a nervous tic at the side of his right eye and continually running his fingers through his hair.

"Alright, students!" Realizing he'd spoken too loudly, he immediately dropped his voice to a manageable level. "We all know this is going to be a very stressful day for everyone. All of you young men and women are at least eighteen and therefore legally responsible to make your own decisions. As well, since many of you have younger siblings at home, your parents or legal guardians have also signed the necessary consents and waivers. Yet in all fairness to Professor Robinson, and more importantly, to each of you, I also want to allow you this last opportunity to reconsider." He paused, while once more his fingers raked through his hair. "After this next step, there is no turning back for any of us. Once we move ahead--" The same as Dr. Robinson, he was scanning up and down the line, making eye contact with each person before moving on to the next. "If even one of you falters in your commitment, it will be to the detriment of the study and therefore to the detriment of you all. Every one of you will suffer the consequences of any individual's failure."

Perhaps it was because all eyes were upon him, but as though he suddenly realized what he was doing, he stopped before running his fingers through his hair. "I can only imagine how nervous each of you must be." Grinning his game show host grin and holding up his hands, he displayed his palms. "Look at me, my own palms are sweating."

A cell phone's ringtone sounded out, causing everyone to focus upon a young man in line standing third down from the left.

For a moment, the student stood frozen, then as though stung, he suddenly came to life. Fumbling in his pants pocket, he pulled out his cell phone and quickly punched in his code, then mashed the button to shut it off. Red--faced and sweaty, he held it up. "Sorry, I guess I forgot..." His voice died away to a whisper "... to ... shut it ... off."

After a few moments of everyone staring at the student, Principal Rogers broke the silence. "All of you need to remember, school rules are all still in effect. That includes the prohibition against cell phone use on campus."

Holding out his hand, the young man walked over and placed the phone in Principal Roger's palm. The student quickly retreated back to his place in line, and with a stern, "You can pick this up at my office after school," Principal Roger's pocketed the phone. Turning his attention back to all the participants, he paused for a moment before remembering what he was about to say. "Now there's just one more thing before we get started. In regards to your courage and commitment in being willing to participate in this important study, I'd like to express my overwhelming admiration to each and every one of you. Seeing all of you assembled here today, I can't help but recall the courageous African--American students in the nineteen--sixties; those who first stood up for their civil rights by attending previously segregated all--white public schools in the Deep South." He nodded to Tamara, the lone African--American girl in the group. "When you think of your situation today, try to imagine how they felt and the hardships they had to overcome. Imagine the courage they had to summon to help society move forward. They were true pioneers, facing the stiffest social resistance; yet the world is now a better place thanks to the challenges they overcame. I'm not going to go so far as to say this study is anywhere near as important to society as the struggle for civil rights, but who knows what kind of future you might create. This is a bold step, which will no doubt test the fabric of social evolution. Its success or failure is entirely up to you individuals, and so for the very last time, I want to offer this last chance to decide if you feel you are truly up to this challenge."

There was a gentle milling as the participants all looked to each other. Out of all the applicants, Fifty--three candidates attended the initial orientation more than a month ago. Every prospective participant had endured a detailed background check, as well as a host of psychological tests and physical examinations. During the selection process, each had met with assigned counselors individually and then along with their families. The successful candidates only received notification of their selection as a participant last Friday, and except for their immediate family, they were under strict orders to keep their selection a secret. Carolyn and the others in line all attended the final orientation on Saturday, and now here they stood. This group of eighteen was all who remained out of the original fifty--three candidates: twelve females and six males.

After a moment, Principal Rogers nodded. "Good. I was confident we had selected the right individuals. I know you will do us all proud."

Principal Rogers stepped back, and immediately the woman to his left stepped forward. She was the official representative from the Department of Education in Washington. Dour and grim, she conspicuously displayed an American flag pin on the right lapel of her drab gray dress, and when she spoke, her nasal voice matched her dry and dreary appearance. "In compliance with local, state and federal law, the public referendum of last November to determine whether to allow this study to take place passed by the narrowest of margins. Though the federal government is providing the funding, there are many in Washington who do not support this study. But, a vote is a vote, and however distasteful its outcome, we must stand by the will of the people."

Again Richard hushed to her out of the side of his mouth, "Distasteful? If she's talking about what happened in the last presidential election, that's a major understatement."

Perhaps she overheard Richard's whisper, because she paused, glaring up and down the line in the manner of a preacher searching her congregation for a sinner to single out and chastise. When she started back up, she was even colder than before. "According to a recent decision by the Supreme Court, which upheld the results of controversial general elections in states such as Colorado and Washington, the Court has allowed, in some cases, state and local law may supersede federal prohibitions. And since this state, county and municipality have no applicable statutes which would prohibit this study from taking place, there is no legal recourse with which law enforcement can stop this study from proceeding. Therefore, I will now turn you over to your county sheriff." She nodded to a man in uniform, then stepped back, her gray face and dress appearing to fade into the cinderblock wall behind her.

The Sheriff stepped forward. Carrying his regulation brown and black hat tucked under his arm, his salt and pepper hair was a nineteen--sixty era regulation flat top.

"If any of you don't know me, I'm Sheriff Barnes." He took his hat from under his arm, ran his fingers around the shiny black plastic brim, then tucked it back under his arm. "Our department will be coordinating security in partnership with the city police." He nodded to the right, acknowledging Chief Garcia of the Linda Vista Police Department. "Professor Robinson's team will be providing constant participant supervision and feedback to us through their observers. But, my entire department, as well as Chief Garcia's, plans to be extra vigilant, as well."

He paused and repeated the shuffling of his hat, this time tucking it back in under the right arm. "I just want to let you all know, that I stand personally and steadfastly in opposition to this study. I find its scope morally repugnant. However, the law is the law; and I am sworn to uphold it, whether I agree with it or not. The citizens of this county have voted in favor of allowing this study to take place in our community, and so I will do my duty and do everything I can to keep you all safe."

Affecting a similarly icy glare as the woman from the Department of Education, yet appearing not like an angry preacher but a suspicious detective studying suspects in a line up, it was the sheriff's turn to scan the face of each participant one--by--one. Yet when he came to Carolyn, and she met him eye--to--eye, yes, she registered his disapproval, but there was also a sincerity and resolve to those dark eyes, which was as reassuring as it was steely.

When he finished staring down the last participant in line, he continued. "The bottom line is that despite all that law enforcement can do to try to protect you; you will all ultimately have to be accountable for yourselves. You will not always be under supervision; that too, is part of the requirements of the study. This means you must feel free to act freely." Looking up as if seeking divine guidance from above, when he looked back down, he shook his head. "Yet participating in this study doesn't endow you with a blank check. You all know the rules guiding this study, and you know the law. As consenting adults of at least eighteen-years-of-age, you know what you can and cannot do. You have all signed papers to that effect. Though the law considers you adults, all of you are still teenagers, and in my experience there are few creatures, which have ever walked this Earth who are as foolish as teenagers. If for any reason you break any law, I can personally assure you being in the study will not endow you with impunity. We will arrest you, and we will throw you in jail. Therefore, always consider common sense in everything you do. That is the best advice I can give." He again switched his hat from under one arm to the other. "And above all, above everything else, absolutely and positively do not on any condition leave the confines of Comal County. If you do, I cannot and will not be responsible for the consequences."

There came another pause. Carolyn was becoming aware of the growing noise from the impatient crowd in the auditorium. The sheriff looked up to the ceiling as if muttering a prayer, and when finally he brought his gaze back down, he smiled and held up his hat in salute. "I have one last thing to say. You all have one hell of a lot of guts. And despite my personal reservations, I truly hope for the sake of each of you young people that it all works out." With that, he stepped back.

Professor Robinson moved to the forefront, and for the first time since Carolyn had met her, this imposing woman looked nervous. "You all have your personal access codes, which will enable you to enter the study's web site and submit your daily reports on line?"

Everyone in line nodded.

"You will all fill out the reports religiously?" The professor's use of the word 'Religiously' struck Carolyn as odd.

Everyone again nodded.

"Any last questions?"

No one broke the silence.

"Then let's proceed."

Something about the way she said those last words caused a sinking rush in Carolyn's stomach, much like the sensation of going off the top of a rollercoaster.

"Okay!" Mr. Morris clapped his hands. "Let's get this show on the road."

To his side stood Ms. Ingalls, Administrator of girls' athletics dressed in a conservative, green pantsuit. "Show? This is anything but a show." She glared disapprovingly at the young, male counselor. "Poor choice of words once again, Mr. Morris." Ms. Ingalls turned her focus on the participants and raised her hands spreading her arms and indicating to the wings. "Behind you to your right and left are the drama department dressing rooms. I suggest you pick one out. You have ten minutes before we line back up."

Similar to a frightened herd of horses in a corral, the group started to move, yet no one made a move to break apart from the herd.

Ms. Ingalls produced a chrome whistle from her pants pocket and almost blew it, but thought better of it, and instead, sharply clapped her hands. "Remember you weren't supposed to bring any valuables! Any purses or wallets can be checked with your individual counselor!" She tapped at her watch. "Ten minutes people! I suggest you get a move on!"

Carolyn looked to Richard. "I guess here goes, huh?"

"Yeah." His brown eyes were glassy. "Where are you going to go?"

Carolyn nodded over her shoulder. "There's a dressing room right back there."

Richard suddenly started. "I forgot! I still have my wallet." He reached into the back pocket of his blue jeans and produced a billfold. Holding it up, he rushed over to his counselor.

Breaking from the heard, Carolyn headed for the dressing room she was most familiar with; the one she'd used during the play. Four other girls followed her lead and fell in behind her, with Richard suddenly running up just as they were going in the door.

Once they were in the dressing room, Carolyn became aware that for some reason, everyone was looking at her.

Laura Thompson was the first to speak up. "I don't see how you can look so calm, Carolyn?" The diminutive brunette was standing with her back against the wall and had her hands thrust deep down into the pockets of her jeans. "I'm about to have a panic attack."

"Calm? Me?" Carolyn took in a deep breath the released it. "Are you kidding?" She held out a hand. "I'm shaking like a leaf."

"Me, too." Stephanie, a blonde Carolyn knew from a class they'd shared last year held out both hands. "I've never been so nervous in my life."

Another long, silent moment stretched out while all the girls, including Carolyn, shifted their attention to the lone male in the room.

"Hey?" Richard's voice cracked as it rose up an octave. "Why's everybody staring at me?" Clearly realizing he sounded like a frightened child, he cleared his throat. "Hey! Come on, this isn't fair. I'm the only guy in the room."

One of the girls was a small and freckly redhead. Carolyn had seen her around, but didn't really know who she was. Speaking up for the first time, her voice had a great deal of presence for someone so small. "Guys should go first."

Another of the girls was tall, athletic and wore her hair pulled back in a ponytail. Carolyn didn't know her name either, but believed she played on the volleyball team. She was wearing a Linda Vista High Bulldogs t--shirt, and when she spoke, she revealed a New York accent. "Yeah, guys should always go first."

Maybe it was that Carolyn hadn't slept well in days, or maybe it was just nerves, but suddenly she was feeling argumentative. "That's not what they said on the Titanic."

Richard, appearing as nervous as a lone sheep amongst a pack of hungry wolves, smiled appreciatively to Carolyn, and there was something humbling in the honest fear in his face.

"Oh, what the hell!" Richard's lips drew into a tight line, and he shook his head. "Okay. Okay. Y'all just go on ahead and stare at me if y'all want to."

He tugged his t--shirt out of his pants, then pulled it off over his head, revealing a well--defined six pack. Tossing his shirt on the dressing table, he again faced the girls. With all eyes upon him, his gaze fell to his belt. Not looking up, he worked the buckle loose, then popped open the button at the top of his jeans. As intent upon him as any of the other girls in the room, Carolyn could plainly see the white waistband of his underwear revealed in the opening. She also saw his fingers shaking as he fingered his zipper, then as he zipped it down, the metallic zip of it opening sounded out loudly in the silence of the room. Hitching his thumbs into the sides of his jeans in preparation for pulling them down, he suddenly stopped. When he again looked up, there was no other sound in the room except for the tick, tick, tick coming from the clock on the wall.

"Come on, y'all," obviously distressed, Richard sighed and his shoulders sagged. "Give me a break. Don't everybody just stare."

Maybe it was the sound of her own heart thumping in her ears, but the tension in the room was so strong, Carolyn thought she could she hear everyone's hearts throbbing as loudly as her own. In this one, single moment a truly terrifying thought hit her, This is real, and it's happening right now.

Richard let his jeans drop to his ankles, revealing his bare legs and white briefs. Exposing just how nervous he was, when he tried to step out of his jeans, he'd forgotten to take off his shoes and almost fell over. Half stumbling and half falling into a chair by the dressing table, he bent down and began to untie the laces of his sneakers.

While everyone continued to watch, another uneasy silence settled in, and it was Carolyn who finally broke the silence. "Okay everyone. What do you say let's leave poor Richard alone and get on with it."

"So, who's stopping you?" Karen crossed her arms. "I don't see you doing anything but standing there."

Carolyn tried to match Karen's icy stare, but couldn't think of anything she could come back with. Tossing her hair left then right over her shoulders, she took in a deep breath, and before she realized it, her fingers came alive, unbuttoning the topmost button of her blouse.

She tried to block out the fact everyone now focused upon her. Even Richard had stopped fumbling with his shoes and was looking up at her. She had undressed in front of others before, during gym and at camp, but this was different, monumentally different. Her self--consciousness wasn't just because she had people watching her; it was more so because this would be her first time to undress with a guy in the room.

As her fingers went through the motions, it seemed as though someone had hit reality's blur button. The feeling of the hard plastic button between her fingertips was surreal. Reality was every bit as strange as if she'd fallen into to a feverish dream, nothing seemed or felt real.