On the Beach Ch. 13

Story Info
30-something man meets mature woman on beach.
805 words
4.34
35.8k
4

Part 13 of the 21 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 11/27/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kathi
Kathi
577 Followers

Murphy stood in front of her condo door with her key in her hand. She was not sure what she was going to find there. She didn't think that Robert would hurt her but she was afraid of his verbal abuse and did not want to face his wrath. Her life with The General had been comfortable from a physical standpoint but not from an emotional one. His constant ordering her around and condescending attitude, especially in public, had always made her feel insecure and inadequate.

She knew that she was an intelligent and useful woman but at times his endless badgering had left her crying and emotionally drained and life without him was something that she frequently considered as an option. The financial part would be no problem because of his philandering she felt that she could prove his infidelity and that he would cave in without a fight if she got a good divorce lawyer.

Up until yesterday her decision to stay with him was based upon complacency. His frequent days and even weeks away from home gave her a chance to live her own life and get out from under his thumb for a while. Each time he returned it became a little harder to go back to living with his attempts to humiliate her and keep her down like a pet dog.

The one saving grace was his lack of interest in sex with her. It was not unwelcome since he never treated her in a really loving way. He rarely even kissed her unless he was drunk and his idea of love was to tell her to use KY jelly instead of trying to arouse her. His big belly made it difficult but it was always over rather quickly and she could put up with it in order to maintain the outward appearance of compatibility and a loving marriage that she exhibited to the world.

Several of her closest friends knew otherwise and they would know when he had succeeded in emotionally bruising her to the point where she withdrew from the world and waited for the next blow to come from him. They frequently hinted that maybe counseling would help or even divorce was the answer. Two of them were already divorced and one was a widow and the four of them often were together for shopping or gabfests where they felt safe enough to share their secrets.

Gathering her strength, Murphy inserted the key into the lock and slowly opened the door. She didn't know what to expect as she carefully let herself in and quietly closed the door behind her. Leaving her shoes at the door, she tiptoed down the hall past the kitchen and peered into the open door of the bedroom. The bed he had slept in was empty and she could not hear anything that would lead her to believe that he was still there.

Slipping into the bedroom she moved towards the open bathroom door and looked inside. A sense of relief washed over her when she saw that his shaving gear and other toiletries were gone from the vanity. A quick look around the bedroom and in the closet confirmed that he was, in fact, gone. His suitcase was missing and except for some dirty underwear and socks lying where he had thrown them, there was no sign of him.

Murphy checked the other rooms just to prove to herself that he was not hiding somewhere ready to pounce on her. It was not until she saw his condo key sitting on the kitchen counter that she felt sure that he had left.

"Thank God I took my truck key from him," she said to the empty apartment. "I don't think he had his key to the Escalade with him."

Bill answered his cell phone hoping that it was Murphy calling.

"Are you all right?" he asked her with concern. "Is he gone?"

"He's gone!" Murphy simply replied. "All gone!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Do you want to come up?"

"Not on your life but why don't you come down. Don't forget I still have some of your clothes down here. I can help you put them on again."

"Some lover you are!" she laughed. "You keep trying to put my clothes back on me. Do you do that to all of your girls or just us older ones?"

He could hear the laughter in her voice and it sounded good to his ears.

"I'm going to take a shower to wash the salt off of me and I'll come down and we can go for an early lunch. Interested?"

"I'm interested. Don't take too long! I'll leave the door open in case I'm in the shower when you get here."

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "Now, that might be interesting!"

Kathi
Kathi
577 Followers