One Final Summer

Story Info
She gets one last chance to love.
1.2k words
4.31
32.7k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Subby72
Subby72
4 Followers

She hit the snooze button for the third time. Usually she was up and moving the first time her alarm went off. But not this day. She has been dreading this day for a year. She had met Shane in High School. The hit it off very well. Everyone called them the perfect couple. They continued their relationship through college and married the day after graduation. A year later, they decided to start trying to have a baby. All the dreams and hopes died that fateful night one year ago today.

They were on their way home from a night on the town. They passed a slow moving vehicle and was shocked when the truck sped up and rammed them. The first hit made the car jump, but the second made it swerve off the road. The car skidded off the road and down an embankment. When it finally stopped, the car was on it's top. Shane was trapped inside and Jill had been thrown from the car. Shane died on the way to the hospital due to hemorrhaging from the brain. Jill was rushed by ambulance. When she awoke, she was informed of Shane's death and the death of her unborn child.

She had been pregnant! They estimated around 4 months along. She went into a deep depression for a couple months. Even when she got better, she still refused to date anyone else, saying that her heart died with Shane and her baby. She could never love again.

And she dreaded today. Her psychiatrist and herself had planned for her to visit his grave on the anniversary of his death. The doctor said it would help her recovery. But Jill only dreaded it.

She hesitantly rolled to the edge of her bed and sat up. With her face in her hands, she cried for a while before being able to muster the strength to stand up. She began her shower still crying. By the end of the shower, she felt a little better and was actually able to smile at her form in the mirror.

If only she could love again. She thought that her body looked good. She stood 5 foot 7 inches, with 36C breasts. Her body wore size 8 very well and her long red hair made her hazel eyes shine. It was then that she noticed the scar from the wreck. The 3 inch reminder of that faithful night located on her right hip. She ran to the bed and flopped down in tears once more.

Once she gained her composure, she put on Shane's favorite summer dress with her white sandals and headed out the door. She sat at the wheel of her car for a while before being able to start it and put it in drive. Once she made it to the cemetery, she broke down once more. How could this help? She still cried every day over her loss. This would only worsen it, in her opinion. But she believed her psychiatrist knew well, so she slowly emerged and eased her way to his grave.

"Tyler Shane Logan March 14, 1971 July 20, 1995 Beloved Son & Husband Rocking his baby in Heaven now."

Upon reading his headstone, she broke down again. Falling to the ground at the stone and pouring her heart, soul and tears into the soil. She was startled by a soft voice behind her. It was a young boy. He looked so happy and content that it eased her pain.

"Don't cry," he started. "He's not really gone. He's only waiting for you to speak to him. Tell him how you feel. Tell him how you're hurting. I promise, all will be better then."

Jill glanced at the headstone. "How would that help," she thought. She turned back towards the boy, "But how...." He was gone. She sniffed her tears and looked back at the marker. And between her sobbing, she did as the boy suggested. She poured every ounce of her bottled up hurt onto his grave. She told him all her fears, worries and pain. Once she was through, she sat up. She felt different, somehow. Better in many ways.

She decided to go back home. She called in sick to work. Her boss understood, she knew what today was and gave her the day off. Jill decided to lie down for a nap. She felt calmer somehow and hoped she could finally rest.

"Jill..." The whisper was soft and quiet, "Jill, darling..."

Jill rolled over to see a figure standing by her bed. Startled, she sprang upright in her bed, covering her body with the sheet. The nearby fan made her hair move slightly with the breeze. The figure smiled at Jill and said, "Please don't be afraid, it's me." And with that, he sat on the bed beside her.

"You are still beautiful. But so unhappy. My love, why mourn so long?"

It was Shane! Jill felt faint, scared and excited all at once. Shane was sitting on her bed and talking to her!! But how could this be? He's dead! Jill feebly answered, "I love you so much."

With that, Shane leaned in and ever so gently kissed her on the forehead. Jill wrapped her arms around him hugging him tightly not wanting to ever let him go. She couldn't know how, but he was here. She could feel him. She could smell him. He was real.

Shane eased out of the embrace and kissed Jill with more desire than she had ever felt before. The kiss started out soft and warm and ended up hard and sensual. Jill's body began to react from the lack of attention in the past year. Shane moved to her neck, placing gentle kisses and nibbles all along it's length. Jill began moaning and groaning with every touch. She felt Shane's hand working it's way to her love hole. His fingers stopped at her pearl and began massaging it very slowly and lightly. Jill creamed instantly from his touch. Shane moved down and began nibbling on her erect buds while he started fingering her hot snatch. Jill was moaning and gyrating to his movements.

Knowing that she was ready, Shane exposed his tool and positioned himself above her. When it's crown slipped through the opening, Jill exploded into a massive climax. Shane worked his rod on inward and slowly started pumping in and out of her. She was lost in her thoughts, feelings and orgasms when Shane leaned down and whispered into her ear.

"I will always love you, as I know you will me. But for me, for you, please go on with your life and be happy."

At that moment, Shane emptied all his seed into her. Jill was moaning and crying at the same time. When she finally calmed down, she realized that he was gone. Just gone. Had she dreamed it all? Did it really happen? She fell into sweet splendor and awoke vibrant and full of energy the next day. She was better at last.

That was three years ago, and Jill still remembers it well. His scent, his touch and his smile will forever stay with her. And she is happy once again.

Jill walked over to the sliding door and called to her little one.

"Summer! Time to come in. Lunch is ready."

Her little three year daughter came skipping into the kitchen.

"Hi Mommy!! Tell me how you named me again, please?" she innocently asked.

Jill paused. 'Summer', a fitting name, for it will always remind her of that one final summer, and her chance to love again.

Subby72
Subby72
4 Followers