One Rainy Day Lead to Many More

Story Info
A woman meets the man of her dreams on a rainy day.
1.6k words
3.2
12k
5
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Great," you said as it started raining. "First the power, then my car. Now this! Could my day get any worse?" You screamed at the sky, wishing for something to save you from walking the last two and a half miles home.

You pushed forward, determined to get home without having a break-down. As you walked on the sidewalk, a car drove past, drenching you with water from head to toe.

You stood there for a few minutes. Then, as the entire day came flooding back to you, you sat down your briefcase, plopped down on the curb, and began to cry.

Someone laid a hand on your shoulder, making you look up.

"Sweetheart, are you alright?" The well groomed man said. "Do you need any help? A ride home, perhaps? It's awfully cold to be out. And dripping wet, too."

"I don't usually accept rides from strange men..." You said, looking away from the man's green eyes. "But, I believe I can make an exception, just this once." You stated, gesturing to your ruined suit.

He led you to his car, a black Rolls Royce. As he drove, you made small talk. Turns out, you used to baby-sit his son, Alfred's, best friend. His name was Arthur. You told him yours. The two of you became best friends in the five minutes it took to arrive at your home.

"Why don't you come in to warm by the fire and have some hot cocoa? It's the least I could do after you took me home, saving me from pneumonia. I won't take no for an answer, so come on in."

"If you insist. But I mustn't stay long. My brother and nephew are coming over in a couple of weeks, and I have yet to prepare the house for them."

You started a fire, then went to prepare the cocoa. When you returned, Arthur was looking at some pictures of you and your family. He turned towards you as he heard foot steps entering.

"I'm sorry for snooping, it's just..." He said as he closed the album.

"I didn't think you were. I really don't mind. I must have forgotten to put it up last evening."

"I think you were a lovely young lady. So beautiful. Is this woman your mother?"

"Yes. She died when I was seven, but Dad always said I was like her in every way."

"You certainly looked like her, that's for sure, _______." Said this handsome stranger, who you realize you don't know that well.

"Wow, look at the time. You should get going if you want to get your home ready for your family. It was nice meeting you, and thank you for the ride home."

"_____, did I do something to upset you? I apologize if I brought up unhappy memories. Truly, I am." Arthur said, stepping closer.

"No, no. It's just I don't want to cause you any..." You started, when you tripped over the coffee table. Arthur reached for your hand, but your momentum pulled the both of you down. He landed on top of you.

You took in the scene around you. A fire burning in the fire place, hot cocoa for two, while the rain had turned to snow outside, and a strikingly handsome guy. Everything was very intimate.

You gasped as Arthur leaned down close to your ear, whispering. "You are so cute, ____. Do you believe in love at first sight?"

You nodded your answer, dumbfounded by his abruptness.

"So do I." He said as he kissed you.

THREE WEEKS LATER...

"H-Hi." Murmured a cute young man. "I-I'm Mattieu."

"Hi, Mattieu. I'm _____. It's nice to meet you." You turned to the gentleman who walked in. "You must be Frances, Arthur's brother. He's told me so much about you." You said, kissing him on both cheeks, the way the French do. Because, you know, Frances is French.

"Funny, because he's said nothing to me about you, my dear."

"Well, I don't see why he would. We just met three weeks ago." You said as Arthur came up behind you, kissing your cheek.

"Hello, Mattieu, Frances. I have no clue where Alfred is. He should have been here by now."

"Three weeks, huh? Moving pretty fast, are we not, Artie boy?"

"What can I say. It was love at first sight. Right, Sweetie?"

"Yes, It certainly was."

"Oh, gross! Are you guys, like, making out?"

"DAD!"

"Hello to you too, Alfred, Feliks. It's nice for you boys to show up." Arthur said sternly.

"Oh, go easy on them. It is, after all, Christmas Eve." You said.

"Don't I, like, know you from somewhere?" Feliks asked.

"I used to baby-sit you."

"Oh yeah. I used to have, like, a huge crush on you. I don't anymore though. I like someone else." He said dreamily, as though he were thinking of a loved one far off.

"Well, I wish you two the best, whoever she is."

"Actually, Feliks is..."

"I'm actually gay. And I'm dating the most GORGEOUS man! He is so sweet, honestly too good to me."

"Oh. Well, I still hope the best for you." You said cautiously.

"Let's go eat the meal _____ made!" Said Arthur, saving you from farther embarrassment.

THE NEXT CHRISTMAS, AT FRANCES'

"Okay, so before we all get too drunk, ____ and I have something to say."

All eyes were now on you. Searching eyes.

"Well, Dad. What is it?"

"We're engaged!" He says after a couple of suspenseful minutes.

"What!"

"Yay! Can I be your wedding planner? I'm thinking a winter wonderland theme."

"Well, brother, I didn't think it possible. But here you are. Engaged. Congratulations."

Everyone was so happy for you two. Even Alfred came around after a little bit.

"So have you decided on when the wedding will be?" Frances asked after an hour or so.

"Um, yeah. We're thinking May or June. We might have it in late July, but we don't really know right now."

"Don't have it July."

"Alfred. If we do, it'll be late in the month. We didn't want it to interfere with yours or Mattieu's birthdays."

"Okay, I guess."

Everyone laughed. You all had a wonderful time.

AUGUST, 2 MONTHS AFTER THE WEDDING.

As you and Arthur walked in the front door of your house, everyone jumped out of their hiding places, screaming "Surprise!"

"Oh my. What a wonderful surprise." You said after it had all settled down a bit.

"We wanted to give you a surprise when you came home from honeymooning. Surprise!" Alfred said, coming up and hugging you.

"Well, you certainly pulled it off. And the house is still in one piece. Didn't think you could do it. I'm very proud of you, son."

"And look, there's cake!" You heard your cousin call. "I helped make it."

"I bet it's delicious."

"Well, let's not all be sitting ducks. This is a party!" Frances said.

The party rocked. It lasted until the next morning. After everyone left, Alfred started picking everything up.

"Okay, at first, I didn't mind it. But now, Alfred's starting to worry me. Is he sick? Is this an impostor?" Your husband whispered to you.

"I don't know. Let's call Feliks. Maybe he knows what's gotten into him." You answered, pulling out you phone.

"Feliks. Hi, this is ____. I was calling to ask if anything happened to Alfred while his father and I were away... Uh huh... I see... Well if that's all... Yes, it is very strange... Okay. Thanks for the help. Bye."

"What is it?"

"Alfred fell in love."

"He what?"

"He met a girl about a week after we left. They started dating. And 3 days ago, she asked him to meet her parents. Tonight."

"Oh. That's great."

"Hey, dad. There's this thing I gotta go to tonight, and I was..."

Arthur cut him off. "Yes, you can go. And next time, don't be afraid to tell us."

"Okay. Thanks."

He rushed off, leaving you and Arthur alone. "Well, that was perfect timing." You stated after Alfred was out of sight.

"Yes, it was." He turned to you. "When do you think we should tell them?"

"Tomorrow." You said.

"I personally can't believe Frances didn't say anything."

"I know. He's pretty good at telling if a woman's pregnant or not pretty early on." You stated, placing a hand on you stomach.

EPILOGUE

You had two healthy babies, a boy and a girl. Alfred accepted you as his mom, and Elizabeth and Marcus as his siblings. And him and his girlfriend are still together.

Last you heard, Feliks still liked Ivan, and Ivan liked Feliks. Mattieu fell for a girl while on spring break, and has been keeping a long distance relationship with her.

Frances is still perverted as ever, but you've grown to accept it, as everyone else has.

The Twins second birthday is coming up soon, so everyone has been busy. You and Arthur escaped to go for a walk, leaving Mattieu watching your kids.

"You know, you don't have to do this. You can keep your job. ____, you know you can make it work. You've been making it work for almost two years."

"I think it would be easier for the both of us if I was a stay at home mom." You had been working at the toy shop on Elm Street for the past three years, right after you quit your corporate job. As you approached the shop door, something dawned on you.

"You know what. You picked me up right here in front of this shop when we first met."

"I did? I think you're right."

"Now we can say we met at a toy store, instead of saying you picked me up off the street."

"It sounds more romantic the way it really happened, though."

"No, it sounds more like you fell for a hooker the way it really happened. Oh well. This is now officially our spot." You giggled.

"Yes it is." Arthur said as he kissed you passionately, the same way he kissed that night you met him.