Open Your Eyes Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once the assignment was completed, she opened up to one of her favorite books, Pride and Prejudice, and resumed reading where she had left off. She didn't start work again till next week so she had a lot of free time this week. She loved reading this book and she made it a point to read it at least once every year. As an only child, she always loved thinking about what her life would be like if she had grown up in such a busy and bustling house full all the noise and drama that it would inevitably bring.

Her stomach grumbling reminded her that it was lunch time. She leisurely packed up and headed to the cafeteria, where she could heat up her lunch. She had a little trouble finding a seat because the cafeteria was jam packed with students trying to get into classes. She forgot how crowded the school got on the first week of school. She tried to carefully navigate through the cafeteria with her food, trying not to cause a mess or bump into anyone.

She headed outside where she knew there were some benches. As she was walking around a couple of guys were nice enough to tell her that they were finished with their food and she could sit at the table they were at. As she was eating, she was pleasantly surprised by receiving a phone call from her best friend.

"APRIL! I can't believe we still haven't been able to hang out since you came back from your trip to Europe. You know I'm still a little annoyed that you didn't take me along with you! So did you hook up with any hot French guys or what? Let me know all the juicy details!" She exclaimed in a light hearted manner.

"Oh Jackie, what a pleasant surprise. I was really busy getting all my things together for school and visiting my grandmother. I really want to meet up with you too." Jackie was one of her oldest and closest friends. They had met in elementary school and had been inseparable ever since. She could be quite loud and eccentric but she really had a big heart and April couldn't imagine her life without Jackie.

"There wasn't anything too exciting that happened to be honest. There was one young guy that came over to talk to me one night during dinner, but I was stuck with my parents so it was all a bit too awkward. Of course they encouraged me to go talk to him but it wasn't like they were going to let me go home with him or anything," April laughed as she explained that night to Jackie.

"That's why you needed to take me with you. Think of how much more fun your European adventure would have been with me there with you. We would have gotten in all kinds of trouble!" Jackie said.

"Yea like getting kidnapped and sold into human trafficking. Doesn't that sound like fun?" April said with major sarcastic undertones.

"You always imagine all the worst things that could happen in a situation. You need to learn to let go and have some fun April," Jackie laughed again and brushed off her negativity.

"Maybe you're right," April admitted. "I would definitely have enjoyed your company on the trip,"

"Well anyways, you know our old highschool friend Jerry? He's having a huge party at his house this Friday and he invited us to go. It will be one of the last parties that we can go to before I have to head back to college. You're not going to let me go by myself are you? I know that when I have you around my arm all night we can attract all the cute boys at the party!" Jackies voice was practically dripping with excitement.

Although she never voiced these thoughts to Jackie, April never enjoyed attending parties of that nature. Most of the parties were either too loud and crowded for her to follow what was going on most of the time. She also found that her body really didn't tolerate alcohol very well either. Although Jackie loved getting buzzed and letting loose, alcohol just tended to give April a headache and it would leave her feeling disoriented and out of balance.

In addition when Jackie would hit it off with some guy, April would inevitably be left sitting awkwardly trying to make small talk with whichever guy was trying to hit on her or standing by herself like a lonely wallflower.

Still, she could almost never say no to the girl so she confirmed with Jackie that she would attend the party on Friday. "Why don't you come over to my house on Thursday night and you can sleep over. We can hang out all day Friday and then head over to the party together. How does that sound?" April asked

Jackie was very excited and readily agreed to her plan. April was also excited and couldn't wait till the end of the week to hang out with her best friend, even if she had to endure what would probably end up being a long, loud, and disorienting party. As she headed back towards the library, she planned to read some of the chapters of the textbook she had bought for the poly sci class that she was taking. She found that her mind was wandering a lot to the plans she had previously made with Jackie.

12