Orbital Academy 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Maddirose
Maddirose
143 Followers

"No. They told us that whatever the Terrans did to you, it was pretty complete. We did have a relationship though, I was your instructor."

"I don't remember you, instructor. You're just a stranger to me, I wouldn't feel bad killing you."

"I believe that you don't remember me, but I don't agree with the second part." From the floor, Captain Appet leaned forward. "They can't change you that much, not without turning you into an entirely different person."

"Maybe they did." Tess shrugged. "I couldn't tell you one way or the other. Why risk it? What's the point of this?"

"I let you down." Captain Appet was giving the girl a steady gaze. "If I had stood up for you Rooks, back at the Academy, we would never have been sent to the surface in the first place. The Terrans wouldn't have captured you. I fucked up, and you all have had to pay for that."

"So what, you're sacrificing yourself as some kind of penance?"

"No. I'm risking death to try to make things right."

The Terran matched her gaze for what seemed like a long time. Finally, slowly, Tes sat on the ground across from her, folding her legs beneath her.

"That's...strangely honorable, for an Exile." She seemed to muse aloud. "What exactly does that entail, 'making things right'?"

"Reuniting my squad. Training them up. Helping you regain your memories, if I can."

"How do you know giving my memories of my old life will be a help? I have a pretty good life right now. Could be my old one sucked."

"I know because you don't have Julia."

"Pretty name. Don't know a thing about her." Tess shrugged.

"Was that a lie? Does she know who Julia is?" Hunter asked the synthetics, watching with rapt attention.

"It's hard to tell." Errisa replied with a shrug. "If she does, it's locked away. She certainly doesn't *think* she knows Julia."

"Your Terran life may be better. It might be worse. Wouldn't you rather know about both before you make the decision?" Captain Appet was saying. "If you're going to choose, shouldn't you know what you're choosing to give up?"

The Terran hugged her knees to her chest, staring into the corner of the room.

"You don't know you can give those memories back anyways."

"I know I can try. I know I can reintroduce you to people who care about you. Anyways, what's your alternative? Stay stuck here until they decide to kill you?"

Tess stared at the Captain for a long moment, as if the girl was trying to read the truth in her eyes. Suddenly she lurched forward, and in her palm a pebble of green energy lit her hand with a gentle glow.

"Eat this and swear to me this isn't a trap." She said, her voice fierce.

"What is it?"

"If you eat it, you cannot lie."

"Then you eat it first and swear you won't harm us if we take you inside."

Tess popped the green marble in her mouth without hesitation, chewing and then opening her mouth to show that she had swallowed.

"I plan on gathering as much information as I can about you, but I will not harm any of you while I'm inside." She said. She held out her hand, forming another pebble and offering it to the Captain. Appet took it from the girl and swallowed it.

"I might be countermanded by those higher up than me, but I won't try to harm or trap or trick you in any way. I just want what's best for you." She said.

The two looked at each other for another long moment, and it was as if something passed between them. Captain Appet turned toward the camera.

"Hunter, we're ready. Let us back in." She said.

"General Hunter, this is Kathryn." The voice of Hunter's Chief of Security buzzed in his ear. "I've got men in place, we can lower the shields and take them out. One or both. Your call."

General Hunter looked down at the screen in front of him, face tight with stress, and made the call.

Maddirose
Maddirose
143 Followers