Orc Dominion: Rebellion Afterward

Story Info
Lessons learned from Rebellion.
1.1k words
4.33
13.2k
5

Part 28 of the 71 part series

Updated 01/20/2023
Created 01/31/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks to everyone for sticking with my story all the way from its beginning to its conclusion. I really appreciate all the comments and feedback I get, and strive to incorporate it into my storytelling. Rebellion was the story I never intended to tell. It was originally going to be just three chapters, which would cover the 18 year gap between the end of Zentara and the beginning of Elfish Descent. However, after the first chapter was negatively received, I wrote the second chapter to repair the damage. From there, my imagination took over and I came up with the rest of the story.

This had a somewhat unexpected effect on the erotic content of the story. When I wrote Zentara, it was basically porn with a plot. I had a bunch of erotic scenes in my head, and I wrote a story to connect them. With Rebellion, I had a story in my head, and had to tack on the erotic scenes almost as an afterthought. This led to them being a little more vanilla, as a whole, since they weren't a big part of the story. I was also trying for a more realistic style, which led to the Jeanette behaving less outrageously.

Things are going to change as I write Elfish Descent. The plot and the porn are going to be more in sync, and the story is going to be more driven by the erotic content than we saw in Rebellion. It's also going to be a lot kinkier. Princess Lyriena is going to start off with a strong but repressed sexuality that will slowly get unleashed. The key take away here is slowly. We're not going to see gangbangs in the first chapter like we did with Jeanette.

That being said, I'm going to try and have more meaningful secondary characters that will be having hardcore sex, which will influence Lyriena into being more adventurous. I'm still working out all the details on how that is going to go, and how far she will go and when. Any thoughts on that would be welcome.

The biggest thing I learned while writing Rebellion is about characterization. Previously, I thought characterization meant having a unique voice, a personality, and having interesting things happen. I'm now much more aware of the need to both make characters somewhat relatable, and do have a character arc or story separate from the main narrative. This is going to be the main thing I work on during Elfish Descent.

As an example, I am really not very satisfied with how the Katerei and Gorath storyline played out. I fell into the Shyamalan trap of having a twist for the twists sake. By the time I got to chapter 11 or so, I realized that the big reveal that Kat and Gor were spies would have little to no pay off. What I should have done was make that clear up front, have Kat and Gor slowly begin to doubt their mission as they grew closer to Jeanette, before finally making the decision to defect and come clean. Meanwhile, Jeanette would be growing closer to them, to the point where she is considering leaving Turogg, or figuring out a way to make it all work. Then when it is revealed there will be a much bigger impact. I also should have arranged for it to happen sooner, so it's not all resolved in a single chapter.

One of the improvements that Rebellion had was multiple POVs and stories. However, as I learned, it was hard to move the plot forward enough when cramming three stories into one chapter. The way I did the last few chapters is how I am going to try and write from now on; an entire chapter revolving on one character. That being said, I'm going to scale back Elfish Descent to just two POVs, and they are going to follow one main storyline, while each will have its own side stories and plots.

Along a similar line, the pacing was way off in the beginning of the story. Susannah's chapters went too slow, and Cindy's chapters went too fast. I should have better balanced out the Rebellion POVs. Unfortunately, I was posting a chapter every time I finished a chapter, which made it quite difficult to go back and fix things like that.

Which is why, in the future, I am going to write several chapters, and then release one at a time so I can get feedback while still giving myself some leeway to fix problems as they arise. On the down side, this means it's going to be several months before you see any of Elfish Descent, as I want to get it at least half done before I start publishing.

On the plus side, I am already several thousand words into it. Also, I'm going to write some new Soiled Dove stories while I do it so you'll have something to keep you occupied. On a different note, one of the things I hate is when an author introduces something late in the series that leaves the reader wondering why it was never mentioned before. Yet it is now something I am seriously considering, and I'd like to hear your feedback about it.

I'm thinking of introducing the idea that orc cocks are self lubricating, and that this precum has aphrodisiacal powers. If I ever do go back and rewrite Zentara and Rebellion, I can work it in there, but would you be put off if in Elfish Descent orc dicks were suddenly like this? It's not just a random idea I had, it will be a supporting factor into a key plotline in the fourth story.

Speaking of rewriting stories, a comment on one of the Soiled Dove stories got me thinking about the rewrite of Zentara. It is probably something I will never get around to doing, but would you guys be interested in seeing Zentara cut in half, with expanded Soiled Dove scenes being added to the first part? The plot would be similar, with her parents forcing her into a marriage she doesn't want...except that there is also intrigue with the nobles who oppose or support the marriage, have their own candidates for her hand etc. Jeanette then uses her position at the brothel to gather intelligence and creates a spy network of prostitutes for her own ends. Does that sound interesting?

The story would probably end with Jeanette impregnated by the orcs and her parents being clandestinely assassinated by Heste after she overturns the betrothal. The second story would...well, I don't have that developed as much, but it would mostly be a little more intrigue with Heste, a longer war, and more depraved and humiliating sex with orcs. Let me know what you think!

Thanks again for sticking with me and all the comments and feedback. I really appreciate it!