Orders & Servitude

Story Info
Part 3 of the assassin Tsyr Ker's tale.
3.7k words
7.9k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This is the third part of the trilogy. The first part I cannot place on the site because of the content involving the age of the character. The first part can be found on my personal site however. Also reading this trilogy will spoil the character a little if you have not read at least the first three CATU novels.

Makings of an Assassin: Orders & Servitude: The Price of Revenge

I have spent the last ten years playing the role of servant for Talilith. I have had many opportunities to perform my own tasks, gaining much of a reputation and money along the way. But no matter the time of day or what part of the world I am in, when she calls I must go running.

The last few months have gotten hectic with the demons and Winter. I try to avoid demon politics, especially when they are constantly at each other's throats vying for power or in the current case—the one that looks best in the eyes of the Demon Lord Avyanna.

So now I'm headed to Russia, Moscow in fact. My newest mission was to eliminate Talilith's biggest competition, Maltaus. Every demon was supposed to put aside their ambitions for servitude to Avyanna.

Of course every demon was out for their self and Avyanna would quickly find herself dead or back in the hole she was going to be crawling out of. Maltaus being the eldest member of the council would be the one closest to her and have the best opportunity of bringing his goals to fruition.

Talilith of course wanted that opportunity for herself. Hence my needing to perform this mission.

I fly into the country practically undetected using a Falx Stalker. It is a small one person hybrid tilt-rotor vehicle. It's unarmed but very versatile with a hybrid electric motor with solar energy augmenting. With a hundred horses under the hood it only burns ten liters of fuel and hour.

It would get me in and out undetected, which was all I really needed.

I landed in a small field just outside of Moscow. Quickly, I jumped from the cockpit with a small shoulder bag. I pulled out blanket of camonetting acquired by my contacts in Section 8. A remarkable piece of equipment that could disguise whatever was put beneath it as part of the landscape around it, effectively making it invisible.

I pulled out a pair of sunglasses and began my walk toward Moscow.

——

I walked through the streets of Moscow unhindered, mostly because of the Russian officer's uniform I was wearing. I was prepared to be stopped and questioned. I had papers and any documentation I needed to convince anyone that I was an officer in the Russian army. I brushed up on my language skills before arriving.

My first and only stop was Prime Minister Chernoff's office. My credentials insured I could get into the building, it was just a matter of getting in to see Chernoff.

As I walked through the streets toward my destination I took every precaution to ensure I wasn't being followed. I circled the building a couple of times and when I was certain no one was following me I headed in.

The building had a large, open foyer. People milled about mostly of those that worked in the building. I took note of where soldiers were placed before walking up to the single desk sitting in the middle of the foyer.

A single guard sat behind it. I looked at him then past to a set of elevators and back to him. On the second glance did he notice my movement toward him. He looked up with acknowledgement.

"May I help you? He asked in a thick, heavy accent.

Without skipping a beat I replied back in Russian. "I'm here to speak with Prime Minister Chernoff."

"The Prime Minister is a very busy man. Do you have an appointment?"

Of course I didn't have one. "I do not need one."

"Then I am sorry but as I said before, the Prime Minister is a very busy man."

"That is fine," I said sounding like it didn't bother me any. "What is your name so that you can hold you responsible when the Prime Minister has been assassinated?"

The man held a combination of disbelief and uncertainty on his face. He didn't want to believe me but at the same time he was afraid I was right.

"Please wait," he said with a shaky voice. "I will have someone escort you up."

"Don't bother, I know where I need to go," I said and I began to walk around the desk toward the elevators.

The soldier was up on his feet faster than I would have expected and moving to cut me off. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a few of the soldiers standing guard against the wall began to move.

I stopped. The last thing I needed was some kind of scene that would blow my cover or make it harder to accomplish my mission.

"Halt!" he nearly shouted. "You need to have an escort. May I see your papers?"

The guards were closer now still on guard. I reached into my jacket and they instantly tensed. I almost laughed but held it back. When I pulled out my hand with a group of papers I saw them physically relax.

The soldiers at the desk examined the papers then nodded and handed them back to me. He gave the guards a curt nod, turning them back to their posts then he picked up the phone at the desk.

After a very brief conversation he put the phone back on its ringer. "You may sit over there," he said pointing to two lone chairs near the elevators.

I walked over and sat, crossing my legs. I looked around the foyer taking in all the detail I could while hiding my eyes behind the sunglasses. My wait didn't take long. The bell of one of the elevators rang and the doors parted revealing a tall, broad shouldered man in what looked like his mid-forties. He wore a close cropped beard and a crisp uniform.

My spine tingled at his presence and I knew right away he was a demon. Of course it would make sense for Maltaus to have servants.

"Captain Anca Viorel?" he asked stepping out of the elevator.

"Yes," I said standing up. "And you are?"

"Major Petr Kanosnov," he replied crisply. "And you have some information?"

"For the Prime Minister and him alone."

"You can pass it on to me and I in turn will give it to him," he said glaring down at me.

"I am supp—"

"I will take it," he said more forcibly abruptly cutting me off. "It is yet to be determined if you are even a real officer and not some imposter attempting to assassinate the Prime Minister."

It was a test and one I was not going to play.

"Then I guess I need to find another way to warm the Prime Minister. My duty and orders are to relay the information to him only since the assassin may be one very close to him."

His reaction didn't change and it wouldn't. Instead he continued to glare down at me for a few seconds later before finally waving me in.

The elevator ride was taken in silence. The doors opened to a long empty hall with a set of doors at the end. Without saying a word to me he stepped out and headed toward the doors at the end. I stepped out following him.

When we reached the end of the hallway he gave the doors a small knock and then pushed through them. The doors parted and the bright light of the sun cascaded out bathing the hall in light. Bookshelves lined the walls filled with books, dominating the room. At the back of the office sat a desk and the lone figure of Maltaus in his human form, Prime Minister Chernoff.

Behind him was a large window standing from the floor up to the ceiling, dwarfing the figure sitting at the desk.

"That is all, Major," he said with a calming voice. "If I need you I will call."

"Yes sir," Kanosnov said with a bow. He turned and walked briskly out stopping when he reached me. He leaned in close enough that I could smell his hot breath. "We are verifying you are who you say you are. I suggest if you are not then you don't try anything foolish."

Before I had a chance to say anything in reply he was already out the doors with them closing behind him.

I remained standing until Maltaus waved me forward. My spine tingled more than it did when Major Kanosnov appeared. I wasn't worried about them detecting my Second Sense because of my specially made suit.

As I strode up to the desk I held a façade of confidence betraying any sign of what I was really there for. When I reached the desk I saluted him like I would if I were a real officer in the Russian army.

"I hear you have information of someone planning to assassinate me," he said with a deep resonating voice.

"That's correct," I answered calmly. I didn't attack as soon as the door closed because I wanted to wait for the perfect time. Maltaus wasn't a weak demon that could be dispatched quickly or without much effort. Any mistake on my part would only lead to my death.

But he sprung surprise on me instead.

"Then you should know that your attempt here today is futile," he said with a smile.

Normal people would be too shocked to respond but I have learned to be prepared for anything.

"Why invite me up here instead of having me killed?" I asked though I already suspected I knew the answer.

"I rather have the pleasure of killing you myself."

"Then I guess you can try!" I yelled as I came down onto his desk with my sword. I cut the desk cleanly into two pieces.

Maltaus was already out of his seat by the time my blade connected with the desk and for a brief second I saw just a hint of fear in his eyes. I knew it was not because I was here to kill him, he already expected that much. What gave him the fear was my sword Muramasa, a specially made demon slayer sword. Every demon knew of the legendary swords, which is why they tried to keep track of them or try to keep them hidden.

I threw myself through the two pieces of desk straight at him. Maltaus was fast and sidestepped me, striking the side of my blade with his bare hand. His other hand struck the side of my head in the form of a fist. Stars flared up before my eyes and for a moment darkness took over followed by the room spinning.

I tumbled to the floor and rolled away overcoming the blow. I rolled to my feet and shook my head, clearing it. I didn't need sight but I did a clear head and at the moment it was ringing.

Suddenly the door flew open adding to the noise and commotion. Soldiers poured in armed to the teeth with Major Kanosnov leading the group. Rifles opened up at me.

I didn't have time to think and trying to only made the ringing stronger. So I ran to the large window. Bullets ripped into the floor and wall in places that I was just at and followed me all the way to the window. I whipped Muramasa around and crashed through the window.

The glass shattered all around me and I found myself falling. The wind whipped past me and I was glad winter wasn't here in Russia yet. The good thing was my head was becoming clearer.

The streets below was coming closer fast and I only had moments before I became scrambled on the ground below. I twisted body so that I was no longer heading down head first.

No sooner did I finish I hit the ground feet first. The ground buckled slightly under my feet and sent cracks spreading out in all direction. Thanks to my Second Sight abilities and my suit I knew nothing was broken. Shouts came from up above. I looked up to soldiers looking out the window aiming their guns at me. I turned my head and started running.

——

Klaxons blared as I ran through Moscow. My immediate goal now was to get back to my Falx Stalker and come up with a new plan. Talilith wouldn't take kindly to me failing and I gave up on any job.

I had just crossed out of the city into the country side when I heard the rotor of a helicopter. My thoughts first went to mine but quickly realized the sound came from behind me.

I turned to see a Kamov Ka-50 "Black Shark" attack helicopter. They had only one pilot but with the tingle crawling up my spine told me it was Major Kanosnov and he I was sure not too happy.

The Black Shark was a light attack helicopter but it had a sizable and variable payload it could carry. I quickly picked up my speed not really intending on facing it or any other Russian arsenal they were willing to throw at me.

I crossed the expanse of field in ten minutes flat, ripped off the camonetting and started throwing switches trying to get past the preflight as soon as possible.

As I lifted the Black Shark crested the horizon and Major Kanosnov wasted no time opening up on me. I threw back the stick just as the 30mm round dug into the soil of where I was just seconds ago.

I spun around heading for open country. I forced the small craft to its max putting distance between me and my pursuer. Kanosnov gained a considerable distance, however. In no time he was in range of a missile lock. My computers warned me and I tried to shake the lock but my hopes sank when the warning changed from targeting lock to fire lock.

Two AA-11 Archer air-to-air missiles launched—heat seekers.

I zipped and zagged but could not shake the missiles. Then I saw my salvation and dived toward the tree line. I cut back on my speed letting the missiles catch up. I sped toward the trees pulling up at the last moment. After I cleared the tree line the missiles slammed into the trees not able to make the cut as I had.

I continued my loop, righting myself and came face to face with Kanosnov. I presented myself as the perfect target and his answer came with another two missiles. So I slammed the stick forward aiming straight for the missiles.

Alarms in the cockpit screamed warning me of the impending collision. I ignored the wails and focused of flying.

They were fifty feet from me when I dove and dropped a payload of flares behind me. Both missiles caught the flares and exploded setting loose a sudden shock wave.

The blast hit the Stalker turning me and the small craft around in circles. I fought with the stick in an attempt to gain control. But it was a useless feat.

The craft careened and spun. Sky and earth alternated as they flashed in and out of the cockpit screen. Before I knew it I was hitting the ground. The impact threw me forward, my harness caught me and sent me back into my seat. I could see I was back in the city, sliding down a street with a combination of screaming citizens and soldiers running or dodging me.

After was felt like eternity the Stalker finally came to a stop. I could feel a trickle of blood coming down my forehead and assumed I must have hit my head at some point.

I shook my head bringing my mind back to reality and popped the hatch. A mass of troops ran up toward me, guns pointed at the cockpit. I grabbed Muramasa and leapt from the cockpit straight into the air. The surprise move caught the soldiers off guard and they opened up upon the small aircraft.

So much for having a ride out of here.

I landed behind the arc of troops and instantly went to work at dismembering each man. Limbs and guns fell to the ground. Several heads went rolling and I didn't stop until every one of them was dead or dying.

I stood in the center of the street watching the common citizens running and screaming. Blood slowly dripped off my arms and body, the stench of death lingered. I was almost disappointed in the challenge the Russians were providing me.

Almost.

A Russian T-90 battle tank rolled out from around the corner. As soon as I was in view it fired. The projectile took less than ten seconds to reach my spot leaving me plenty of time to dodge it. What was left of my Stalker was torn to shreds.

The concussion of the blast threw my balance for a brief second nearly turning fatal. The tank operators were fast and I found myself barely dodging the next round.

I rolled to my feet catching my bearings and began running toward the tank. The gunners continued to fire at me totally disregarding the building and people around me. About half way to the tank I saw someone pop up behind the NSV 12mm anti-aircraft machine gun.

With machine gun fire added to the mix it became increasingly harder. All my concentration was focused on not being hit that didn't even notice Major Kanosnov had entered the city from behind.

I reached the tank unscathed and leapt onto the cannon. I ran the length of it and flipped off to the side toward the machine gunner. With Muramasa I cut cleanly through the cannon at its base then continued my spin coming at a downward angle cutting through the gunner shoulder down through his groin.

The thumping of rotors caught my attention just before the roar of machine gun fire rolled out. The bullets raked the ground moving up the tank. I stepped rushing in the opposite direction and leapt off the end, twisting in the air to face my attacker.

Kanosnov's eyes locked with mine. I threw Muramasa. The sword sailed effortlessly through the air, slammed through the cockpit glass and pinned Kanosnov to his seat.

I hit the ground with the flat of my back. The impact sent a shock of pain through the rest of my body. I gritted my teeth against the pain. I slide several feet finally coming to a stop when my body hit the side of a car.

I heard the whirl of the rotors as the Black Shark lost its altitude and slowly began to spin out of control. It spun around a few times, losing a portion of air each time it made a complete rotation until it finally settled on the tank exploding in a fiery mass of metal and fuel.

By the time I got up the street was filled with thick, billowing, black smoke. I closed my eyes to block out the sting. I didn't need them anyway since I relied on my other senses. I cut a path to the wreckage and found Muramasa sticking out untouched in the smoldering body of Kanosnov. I grabbed it and pulled it out.

I had hoped to find you still alive.

The voice was so sudden that I spun around to ensure it was real leaving my defenses totally dropped. A very bad mistake.

Maltaus lunged out taking me by the throat and lifting me high into the air. I recovered enough to swing Muramasa at him. He caught my hand at the wrist and squeezed. A jolt swept up my arm and just as quickly I felt it go numb. Muramasa fell from my grasp to clatter on the ground.

Who sent you to kill me?

"No one," I spat. "I just dislike you."

He growled angrily and slammed my body against the wreckage. When you do something you should do it right. Now I will ask you one more time. Who sent you?

"I sent her," Talilith's voice filtered through the smoke.

The grip on my throat was released instantly and I fell like a rock to the ground. I sat coughing and rubbing my throat.

Talilith walked casually out of the smoke dressed in a business type outfit.

You of all should know not to be foolish enough to attack me while a Demon Lord is slated for release.

"I didn't attack you," Talilith replied smoothly.

Don't play games with me Talilith.

"Who's playing? Besides try to prove I am behind this."

That won't be too hard.

"By accusing another council member? One that is just below the highest member?" she questioned. "You'll be forced to wait for Avyanna and have her decide and I'm sure you don't want to impede something this trivial on her so soon after her release."

Maltaus seemed to ponder her statement, rolling it around in his head. Then he turned away from Talilith to face me.

I'll not push the matter but I will take your assassin's life.

"No!" Talilith yelled quickly. Sounding more desperate than I believe she intended.

Maltaus spun back around. No? Something about the human that makes you care to not see her die?

"Let's just say she is invaluable," she answered quickly.

12