Our Friend John's Birthday Gift

Story Info
My Best friend John wants my wife as his birthday present.
9.1k words
3.84
55.7k
62

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 12/30/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My Friend John's Birthday Gift from my wife.

This is a work of fiction. All characters are a work of fiction, and all characters are 18 years of age or older.

It was my best friend John's Ashton's 35th Birthday coming up. We wanted to do something nice for him. Only thing was, we didn't know exactly what. Caroline and I were sitting at the kitchen table yesterday, which was Friday, November 17, 2017, and we were discussing John and his birthday. We've been friends with him for close to ten years. So, how shall I tell this story? Well, I'll tell it exactly how it played out, starting with yesterday, Friday, November 17, 2017.

*****

"I thought John was coming by?" My wife Caroline asked.

We were both sitting at our kitchen table enjoying a cup of coffee and just catching up on our week.

"Yeah, he messaged me yesterday saying he'd be in town and wanted to stop by today for a couple beers. I'll give him call right now and see what's up." I said.

"Doesn't he have a birthday coming up soon?" Caroline asked, taking a sip of her of her coffee.

"Yeah, actually I think you're right. We'll mention it to him when he gets here." I responded.

I picked up my cellphone which was lying in front of me on the kitchen table, and proceeded to call him.

"Hey bud, what's up?" John answered from the other end of the line.

"Hey man, how's it going?" I responded.

It was always a great joy for me to hear his voice. We've been friends for a long time, and talking to him was always an uplifting experience for me. He and I both have been there for each other throughout the years, in both good times, and bad.

"Just running a couple errands. You got my Text Message yesterday, didn't you?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's actually why I was calling. You said something about stopping by?"

Yeah, I'm in town, so I thought I'd stop by, have a couple beers and hang out before I go back home. I don't get a many chances to see you guys anymore, it seems."

"No problem man. Hell yeah stop by! It'll be good to see you! What time to do you think you'll be here?"

There was a short pause, then he answered, "I've got two more stops to make, so give me about an hour, maybe an hour and a half." He responded.

"Ok, sounds good man. We'll see you soon."

We both said our good-byes and hung up.

*****

Caroline and I sat there at our large kitchen table and continued to talk about our past work-week, smoked a few cigarettes and sipped on our coffee.

"So, what do you think we should get him for his birthday?" She asked.

"I'm not even sure when it is." I said. "I know it's coming up soon, though. We'll talk to him about it when he gets here."

About an hour later, there was finally a knock at our door.

"I'll get it." I said to Caroline. I could tell she was quite comfortable and cozy and wasn't in the mood to get up from her comfy coffee chair.

I opened the door, and there stood my friend, holding a 12 pack of Budlight.

"Hey man, good to see you!" I said loudly while I opened the door and welcomed him in.

"Good to see you too bud!" He leaned forward and gave me his typical strong bear-hug.

"And you brought the beer!" I laughed. "We've already got beer here, but cool, and thanks!"

"Hey bud, I can't expect you to always supply the brew! Besides, I'm pretty sure it's my turn to bring the beer!"

We both stood there and laughed for a couple minutes.

"And where's your better half?" He asked with a giggle in his voice.

"I'm over here, where I always am Mr.!" Caroline chimed in from her cozy place at the table.

"Come on in man, have a seat, we've got a lot of catching-up to do!" I motioned him to our table.

John took his jacket off and hung it on the coatrack and took a seat, lit a cigarette, and we both proceeded to grab a beer from the pack. Caroline continued with her coffee.

"So what's going on with you these day, what've you been up to?" I asked him.

"Just working away bud. Long hours, and trying to keep my bills paid." He said.

"So, are you still doing your construction business?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah, but it's kinda slow right now, so I'm also working a few side jobs to help make ends meet." He answered.

"Hey man, you do whatever you gotta do in this world, you know what I mean?" I said.

"That's exactly it bud. But everything is going good. I really can't complain. Anyways, I had some business to take care of here in your town today, and thought, why not stop by? I haven't seen you two in a while!" He laughed.

"Yeah, it sucks, we don't get to hang out like we used to. But, oh well and fuck it! You're here now, and that's what matters!" I said as I raised my Budlight bottle to clink it with his.

"So, what've you two been up to? Everything going good?" He asked, bringing his cigarette to his mouth for another puff.

"Oh yea, it's the same ol' shit here man." I said with a laugh.

"John, we were actually just talking about your upcoming birthday." Caroline chimed in.

"Yeah, we should get together, have a cook-out or something." I said.

"Yeah, that would be fun." John responded.

The three of us sat there, smoking our cigarettes, John and I drinking our beers, and Caroline still sipping on her coffee.

"Well John, what did you have in mind for your birthday? Do you already have other plans?" Caroline asked.

John took a last swig of his beer and sat the empty bottle down on the table and reached for another from the pack.

"That's a good question man. You haven't really said much about your birthday. Is there anything special you had in mind?" I asked.

Again, there was some silence. The three of us sat there; John and me drinking our beer, and Caroline still sipping on her coffee.

"You know..." John spoke up. "I'm turning 35 this year!"

"You're an old man now!" I laughed out loud.

"Fuck you bud!" He laughed.

"So, you're turning 35, you stud you!" Caroline laughed.

"Ok, come on man, help us out. What do you have in mind for your special day? Anything at all, we can do it!" I said.

Again, there was a moment of silence, and John took a few more big gulps of his beer, and he lit a fresh new cigarette. He sat there staring out of our kitchen window for a few moments before finally breaking the silence.

"You know, we've all been best friends for a long time now." He said with a serious look on his face.

"Well, yeah, we're best friends. I think going on close to 10 years now. Why? What's on your mind man?" I asked.

"Come on, just tell us what you would really like for your birthday. We can do a cook-out, or whatever sounds good to you! This is your 'special day', so let's make it special!" Caroline said with lots of cheerful enthusiasm.

John took another swig of his beer, and sat the bottle down on the table. He looked as though he had something serious on his mind.

"Well, I think our man has something serious he wants for his birthday!' I said with a laugh, and Caroline joined in.

John watched me and Caroline laugh back and forth, and then he took another drag from his cigarette.

"There is something I would really like, actually." He said as he tipped his beer bottle to his lips.

"Ok, just name it! I'm sure we can do whatever you want. It's gonna be your birthday after all!" I said.

John looked at both of us and took another drink of his beer, and then another puff of his cigarette.

"You know, we've been best friends for a long time now, right?" He asked.

"Yes, of course." I said.

"Just tell us what you want John, I'm sure we can do it." Caroline spoke up.

All of us took another drink of our respective drinks, as well as another puff of our cigarettes.

John took a deep breath, and then started talking.

"Well, there is something that comes to mind. Something that I think I would really like for my birthday. I'm just not sure how well this will go over with you guys." John said nervously.

I laughed. "John, man, we've been friends forever! We've already said, we'll do whatever you want to do! Just tell us!"

"Well, you guys know, we've all been friends for a very long time, and..." He paused.

"Just say it!" Both myself and Caroline said in unison.

John sat there and took another drink and another puff.

"Can I just tell you guys, straight up?" He asked.

"Yeah, man, just say it! Do you want a stripper?" I asked jokingly.

"No, nothing like that. Well, not exactly..." He joked.

"John, will you just tell us already?" Caroline asked, looking exhausted.

"Well, look, there is something I'd like, but I'm not sure you two would go for it." He said, looking a little defeated.

"Well, for starters, it would help if you would just tell us." I said.

"Ok, look... I'm not sure how to say this, but I'd like to be with Caroline for one night." He said with his eyes darting back and forth nervously between Caroline and myself.

His words didn't register with us instantly. We all sat there in silence for a few moments.

John spoke up again.

"Look I know this is a tall order. And I really don't want to ruin our friendship. So, just say 'no' and I'll never mention it again."

Again, there was a long silence. It was almost as if none of us could speak.

"John, man, can you repeat that?" I asked.

I looked over at Caroline, and I could see her looking into her coffee cup, and it was empty, and then she reached over and grabbed a beer out of the Budlight pack.

John took another long drink from his bottle, and then he took a few hard and heavy puffs off his cigarette.

"Look you guys, I now this is a big request." He said. I could see sweat building up on his forehead.

"Look bud, I don't really even know how to say all of this. I'd really like, for my birthday this year, next weekend, to have sex with Caroline. I know this is a big request. I'm sorry bud. I find her attractive, and I'd like to be inside her one time. I'm just being honest. I'm hoping like hell this won't ruin our friendships." And with that, he sat his beer bottle down and took one more hit from his cigarette.

Caroline and I both sat there looking dumbfounded, not knowing what to say. Our brains weren't yet registering what was just asked of us.

I took another big drink from my own beer and asked, "So let me get this right..." and I took another drink, and another puff of my cigarette. "You want to have sex with my wife Caroline?"

I looked over at Caroline, and she was looking at me with big surprised eyes, and also taking big swigs from her beer.

"I'm not sure what to really say man." I said to John.

"Well, look bud, this is a tall order. I'm just hoping this won't ruin our friendship!" He said.

I looked over at Caroline. "Baby, say something."

Caroline took another swig from her beer.

"Listen." John said. "You and I have been best friends for nearly ten years, and Caroline and I have been friends for nearly as long. It's not as though she's gonna fall-in-love with me, or I'm gonna fall-in-love with her. This would really be something special to me, it would mean a lot to me bud." He said while he sat his beer down on the table.

The three of sat there looking off into space for a few moments, none of us knowing what to say next.

"Well, I think I've created some tension here, I'm sorry for that." John said as he stood up and put his jacket back on.

"Aright man." I said.

I stood up, and gave him a handshake, which was out of the norm for us.

"You've given us something to think about, for sure." I said.

"Caroline, it was good to see you again." He said, giving her a small wink of the eye. "Just give it some thought guys. And no matter what your answer is, I just want us to always be friends, and no hard feelings."

And then he left.

*****

That night, as Caroline and I lie in bed and the kissing and cuddling took place, I asked her, "So, what did you think of John's request?"

"I think he was just joking, you know how he's always been he's a jokester!" She laughed.

"Well, what if he wasn't joking?" I asked.

"Well, what are you saying?" She asked

"Baby, I think he was being for real. I think he wants to have sex with you." I said.

She laughed.

"Well, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't'. I'm not going to worry about that for right now. Right now, I just want you to kiss me and make mad passionate love to me!" She said

And we kissed, and we hugged, and our hands started to explore each other's body. I found her boobs and her pussy, and her hands found my hardened cock.

A nice hour of sweaty, romantic, lustful, sex ensued.

All the while, the thought of John's request went through my mind over and over again.

He'd actually been thinking of my wife Caroline, in sexually ways.

After we were done, we were both lying in each other arms, and looking into each other's eyes.

"You're still thinking about his, aren't you?" She asked, looking put-off.

"Aren't you? It was a crazy request, admit it?" I said.

"Well, it is his birthday, and all of you birthday boys always come up with crazy request." She said

"Well, isn't it on your mind?"

"Maybe just a little. But it's nothing I'm gonna dwell on. I know John well enough to know that he tends to say crazy things." He said.

Ok, let me ask you this, have you ever thought of him, in that way?" I asked.

She kinda laughed.

"Well, not today!" She said.

"No baby, seriously, have you ever thought of John in a sexual way? Be honest." I said.

"Look," she said, "I think he's a nice guy, and we've been all been great friends for many years, so yes, I think he's a good looking guy, I like him as a friend, but nothing more, and I wouldn't do anything more, unless you were ok with it, and in-on-it. Is that clear enough for you?" she said.

"So, what about his birthday request?" I asked

"Wow, this is really riding your mind, isn't it?" She laughed.

"Well, let's admit, it's a different, as well as BIG birthday request, now isn't it? It's not the normal everyday 'birthday request'. So, just give me your opinion. What do you think we should do?"

"Well, at the moment, I still have you snuggled in my arms, and I'm not gonna think about Johns request tonight. I only want to think about you. Isn't that good enough for now?" She asked

Within a few minutes, she was snoring in my arms and this subject wouldn't be brought up again until a few days later, two days before John's birthday.

*****

John's Birthday was in two more days, November 25th, and my wife and I had still not talked about John's birthday request.

Oh sure, he'd made his request, and we'd heard it, but it was big request. It was a request that we weren't use to getting.

Over the years, Caroline and I have had a pretty nice sex life, always giving to each other what the other wants and needs. We'd even talked about our fantasies a few times. But we'd never really gotten into depth on that topic.

We were sitting at the kitchen table, like usual, having a coffee and a cigarette. She was reading her magazine and I was looking thru my Facebook crap, like always.

Both of us were rather silent. So I decided to break the silence.

"Baby, have you given any thought to John's request? We really should get this talked out. His birthday is in a couple days."

"Well, what I think, is that you should call him, and have him come over so that we can all discuss it." She said.

"So, you are actually considering having sex with him?" I asked. I have to admit, the thought of my beautiful wife having sex with my best friend, actually kind of turned me on. She and I have often entertained the fantasy of me watching another guy having sex with her. But it also made me a bit nervous.

"Well, you know it's been one of our fantasies for a long time." She said.

And I could tell by the look in her eyes, she was indeed turned on by the idea.

"Let's just get him over here, and we'll all discuss it." She said.

I picked up my cellphone and called him. My hand was shaking. I guess I was both nervous and excited.

"Hey Jim, what's up bud?" John answered on the other end.

"Hey, what are doing to today? Do you have any plans?" I asked him.

"Well, at the moment, I'm just eating a ham sandwich. Why? What's up?" He asked.

"Well, we'd like you to come over, have a couple beers, and we can all discuss your birthday." I said.

"Ok, great. When do you want me there?" He asked.

*****

Caroline and I were sitting at the table. Our favorite place actually. She was drinking a cup of coffee with the steam still rolling off from it, and she was smoking her cigarette. I took notice that she was smoking heavier and faster. I think she was getting nervous as well over this birthday request from our friend John.

I was working on my first beer of the day, and smoking my cigarette as well. And I was half-assed looking at my Facebook page when there was a knock at the door.

By the look on John's face, he was a bit nervous too, but no so much as Caroline and myself.

He took a seat, and I got him a beer, and then we all sat there for a few moments before John spoke up.

"Ok, tell me bud, did you two talk about my birthday request? Because I'll tell you, I'm kind of nervous that I even asked it. But it truly is what I'd like to have. But I sure don't want to ruin our friendships." He said as he took a big drink form his bottle.

"Well, man, actually, I'm not sure what to think!" I said with a nervous laugh. "I mean, I'm just not sure how to take this." I said.

"Yeah, I know, it's an out-of-the-ordinary request. I was scared to even bring it up. But, I've got to be honest with you guys. We are 'best of friend's, after all. And we've all known each other for several years, going on ten years I think. I mean, if it's going to ruin our friendship, let's just forget the whole idea, and carry on with our life and friendships like nothing was ever said." He said, taking a big hit from his cigarette.

"John." Caroline chimed in.

"Yeah, sweetheart.' And that was the first time ever that John addressed my wife Caroline as 'sweetheart'.

"Well, here's a little secret for you." She said as she took a couple hits of her cigarette. "Jim and I, we've got a wonderful sex life, and this isn't something I'd just tell anyone. But, since 'sex' is kind of the subject right now, I don't see any reason not to tell you. Yes, we have a wonderful sex life. But, we've often fantasized about having another man involved." She said.

I looked at Caroline and I could tell that she already regretted saying those words. Her face was red, and she was obviously getting nervous.

I looked over at John, and I could tell that he could see Caroline was getting nervous as well.

"Well, look." John said as he took another drink. "Let's just break the ice here, shall we?" He said, with a bit of laughter in his voice.

"I've got to be straight with you both. We're all best of friends, and we have been so, for many years. So, honesty is best, right?" He asked.

"Yeah man, I agree. And I'm tired of beating around the bush here. So, let's just get everything out in the open." I said.

I'd only had one beer so far today, but I felt drunk already. And both John and Caroline both looked like they were slightly drunk as well.

"What I'd like," He started to say, then took a pause to get another long drink of his beer, and then he sat the bottle down and grabbed his cigarette and took a big hit from it, then continued, "Oh, how do I say this?" He laughed. "I'd like to have sex with your wife! I find her attractive, and I always have found her attractive. I feel like I'm out-of-my-head saying all this. But if you two want the truth, then I'll give you as much truth as I can!" He said, and I could see the sweat building up on his forehead.

"Jim, my man, I've got to be honest with you, I really find Caroline here-" He motioned towards my wife, who was sitting on the far end of the table, facing the two of us, and drinking one last swallow of her coffee, before getting up and going to the fridge and grabbing a beer for herself. Then she sat back down and proceeded to light another cigarette.