Our Rules

Story Info
She knew Our rules for marriage that We'd both agreed to.
14.4k words
75.9k
44
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Well Fucking Fuck! Is really all I've got to say about that.

I thought we understood one another when it came down to it. Prior to marriage I'd been explicit about what would not be acceptable in my married life, not only from my perspective but what She should expect from me as her partner. We had a firm understanding on what the outcome would be if my intended cheated, or had secret liaisons with others, in a word: divorce. I had neither the patience or the humility to deal with either, been there, done that not going there again. I'd also told her I had no inclination to get involved with swapping partners or swinging, didn't really have a dislike for it, you want to do it cool: I'm not gonna judge, but just like religion brother, don't shove it down my throat. I had also told Diane that I'd expect the same of my wife whoever that would turn out to be.

She understood at the time and told me that she held the same belief, cool, good for others, but not for her. There were other things that we talked and considered before I asked her to marry me, which I thought were of much more importance: Her career and where that could take her, what my job prospects would be like in 10 years, 20 years, where she would like to live both now and in the future, Children and how many, etc. In short infidelity was talked through but it was not something that was dwelled on, given the situation now and maybe in hindsight maybe we should of nutted this out a bit more...hmm.

One thing I had said to Diane that was conclusive: "If you ever feel that your relationship with me or with others means a change to us going on with our marriage tell me Diane, don't leave me hanging, talk. If you want to separate or divorce to go a different way, OK I won't like it but I won't hold you to stay in a loveless marriage."

After the speech I felt really bad and a quarter hour later she had slowed to a teary, hiccuping state complete with snot and dribble. I took one look at her and burst out laughing, she looked funny as fuck. Finally she kinda spoke & hiccuped all at the same time at a level that was loud enough for me to hear: "hic..How ..hic.. can ...you.. hic..talk.. to.. hic..me .. about divorce. When. YOU! Haven't even asked metomarry you ...who...who."

I didn't really need to think about it. "Diane, I would like you very much too be my wife, I promise to love you forever."

My name's Matt Phillips, I'm 27, reasonably tall at 6'3" and also reasonably fit as I'm a self-employed line-haul truck-driver. Briefly I transport mostly refrigerated trailers for a national logistics company. Our Business, I say 'Our' because Diane is as involved with the business from a support point of view as anyone could be short of driving. She finds time to do some of the administration side, invoicing, legal, and if she's not working she takes business phone and e-mail calls. We have an Accountant for tax services, but Diane has been doing spread-sheets on our business and related expenses which has shown up quite a few areas that we've been able to improve our time use and spending on.

Diane works full time for a National Chain Hardware & D-I-Y store as a Assistant Manager, the local branch is not huge but it's efficient and has a pretty good understanding of what its customers want and who its customers are. She started there in her teens just working with customers and on the till. After College She took herself off to Advanced Learning& Trade Institute in the City, and enrolled herself for courses in Sales, Junior Management, Advanced Computer for Smaller Business & Book-keeping. She has Diploma's for all at different levels, which we proudly display on the lounge wall.

I married Diane Edith Jones 3 & ½ years ago, and even despite what has lately gone on in our lives, I love and trust her unconditionally. Diane and I have known each other since College, although both from a distance. We had the same friends and in a lot of cases even happened to be at the same events and parties at various times in both our youth and later after leaving school.

We were both at a BBQ at Ted and Carin Borthwick's and Carin asked us whether we'd be interested in making up a couple for ten-pin bowling the following week-end. We looked at each other and decided there on the spot, why not? That's where we started going out together. We had both just come out of relationship's that weren't meant to be, and neither of us had any intention to step into another relationship in the foreseeable future. As well as that I liked her family, two of her brothers were at College the same time as us. I knew she had other guys trotting her out still, we'd bumped into each other a couple of times when she was out on a date.

That was no problem, because there was no real commitment, it was a really a good friend thing we had, so good on her. I was starting to come out of my gun shy stage by the time the second month of dates rolled around and by the third month we were seeing each other about 3 to 4 times a week and I was kind of regretting her dating other guys but oh well, guess that's life.

So we'd been seeing each other for about 4months when Ted(T) and Carin had all of us around for another BBQ and the whole gang turned up. Tom and Karen Squires were there with Karen's younger Sister, Samantha, in tow. A really younger version of her big Sister -- 'Wow with legs' is what my first thoughts were. Blond, curves for Africa, nice rack, gorgeous face and killer smile, was I smitten: Long story short we talked and ate and talked and laughed and seem to be getting along famously. Diane was there with the Guy I'd seen her with a couple of months ago, and because I'd been busy with work we'd not got together for a while, well actually 2 or so weeks. Anyway it was good to see her and she introduced me to Carl, her friend and we got on well. Samantha sidled over to me and I introduced Diane and Carl to her. I noticed Carl had a curious look on his face when the two girls were introduced to each other but I didn't really notice the expression on either of their faces, ah well I'm sure it's just nerves and the newness of it all, on with the party. Diane and Carl drifted off and mingled and me and my new best friend kept getting to know each other -- obviously being the only single guy there helped -- yay for me.

We were kind of making plans to hook up when for some reason I felt eyes on me. I looked up to see Karen Squires and Carin Borthwick both looking at me but that really wasn't the problem. The problem was Karen had a horrified look on her face and Carin had a 'if looks could kill' look on her face.

Wait a damn minute, what the heck had I done, what had Sam done. Samantha must of picked up on it when she saw the look on my face and looked to see what I was looking at, Her Sister turned away quickly, obviously upset but Carin kept looking in our direction, with that same fixed glare at either Sam or me or I started to think both of us. Sam quietly said, "Matt, I think I better go and see what's going on with my Sis, ok?"

"Yes....yes...no go let me know Sam what the problem is ok."

I wandered over to the guys and started a conversation with them while still trying to see what was going on across the way. Karen and Sam seemed to be in deep conversation, while Carin had disappeared off the scene. Sometime later Sam came over to me and asked if she could talk with me in private.

"Matt I am really pleased to have met you and I am really really sorry if I've damaged your relationship with any of your friend's, it was never my intention, I'm really sorry..... Look Karen is feeling a little under the weather so I think we need to go home. Bye for now Matt."

She had a forced smile on her face as she reached up and gave me a peck on the lips, turned and walked away.

Wait a minute, what just happened. What the fuck just fucking happened.

"Get ya another one?"

The empty bottle got pulled out of my hand. A second later there was a full one in my hand. I hadn't moved an inch since Sam had kissed me.

"Look's like we're both going home alone tonight ay Matt."

"Ah yeah..I..ah..sorry..ahh...Carl shit mate thanks. Ah look sorry Carl I think I must of just got side swiped. I don't really know what the fucks going on........ Wait a minute .......Carl what do you mean alone?... where's Diane?"

"Dude......She loves you."

'What's in this beer? What the fuck is going on and what the fuck is this clown talking about?'

"What? who loves what?"

"Jesus MAN. Diane. SHE FUCKING LOVES YOU. ARE YOU THE BIGGEST FUCKING MORON ON THE PLANET?"

What really was there to say? "Given the last few minutes........ I hafta agree with you Carl I think I could be the biggest moron on the planet."

I looked around to see five or six sets of eyes looking at what was going on. Most of my 'pals' had cheesy grins on their faces and it all kind of dropped into place. All. At. One. God damn time.

"Carl, a word."

I dragged him off where we had some privacy.

"Ok. I'm not up on the play with what's going on how do you feel about what's going on."

"Matt, Me and Diane, were never you know. err... Intimate."

"Yeah that's not what I'm asking. But I know you had a relationship with Di, what 4 months or so .. so where is that now?"

His face broke out in a wry smile. "I know Diane's brother Jim, .... well. She enlisted me."

"Ah. Not with you Carl. How do you mean enlisted?"

"Diane and Carin thought if you saw me with Di you'd get jealous and do something about it."

"Think this little gem up all by yourselves didja?"

"Look Matt. I'm really sorry bout the scene before but she is head over heels man. It's fucking sickening. And besides I really like your little group, good bunch, good times, know what I mean?...Sorry again.... Matt, go get her. Ah how's ya beer?"

"Nah it's all good man."

I stood there mulling things over and watched Carl move into the welcoming group of his new pal's and before long I'm sure any residual pain Carl had would have disappeared by the time the party ended. Where was I, my head hurt, and I was getting sober, thats not right. Geezus. Samantha, Diane and fucking Carin Borthwick in that order. No wait Carin fucking Borthwick now.

I walked toward the house, I'd not seen Carin since the set too with Karen and Sam. As I approached the guy's Colin and L.C. both turned and I could see Colin's brain working overtime to come up with a punch-line to hit me with and one of his lame jokes that would be at the expense of my love-life no doubt, or the moron comment, hey he had a lot to work with. He'd just raised his finger pointing in my general direction and his mouth had opened into a 'O' when I looked him in the eye.

"YEAH ...But NO!"

Not a word, Collectively they knew and all wisely decided not tonight, maybe next weekend if their wives said it was ok too but definitely not tonight. Actually I think it took the sting out of my attack.

I couldn't be angry at Carin. I've known T and Carin the longest. We have always been close. We all grew up on the same street. My house was their house and visa versa. We did damn everything together. T was always going to marry Carin. My Sister Susan married Carin's Cousin. There really wasn't anything we wouldn't do for each other and everyone knew that. T and I had a very protective attitude when it came to Carin.

I walked into the kitchen, Carin was standing at the sink washing up. She turned and saw me looking at her. She burst into tears. I walked over pulling and hugging her to me. She finally squeaked out "Sorry."

"Shhhhh..... don't be, you were looking out for Di, like you looked out for me a year ago. Do you think I would have come through that without you and T being there for me? You got nothing to be sorry for."

T was standing at the door not knowing what to do, I released his wife pulled her over to him wrapped his arms around her, kissed her on the back of her head. And went to the bathroom, the up-stairs bathroom. I was looking down at my feet as I went up the stairs but not really looking at anything. So as I reached the top, two bare feet came into view, no actually two very pretty bare feet came into view followed by a beautiful set of legs, atop that was a fine, lovely waist, flat tummy, nice well shaped set of titty's and that face that I'd come to know so well over the last few months. She stands 5ft 7 and 1/2" in her bare feet. Her lithe long arms hung by her side. I reached up to touch her forehead. Her hair shoulder length is brown, silky to the touch and her eyes are a sparkly emerald green.

We stood just looking at each other for minutes. She had what I thought was a nightie or maybe petticoat on. I realised I'd never seen her in a dress for I don't know how long, had I ever seen her in a dress. I friggin' couldn't remember. Wait haven't I seen her in a bikini, fuck I couldn't ever remember that. What the fuck!

Here was this stunningly beautiful woman I had never seen before. A woman who had wrapped her self inside of clothes that understated her, it was always jeans, not tight jeans either but work jeans or pants suits, always dark in colour, smart but never giving the viewer any indication what was beneath. Shoes or work boots, never heels, or stiletto's or anything remotely sexy.

"I'm..." I pressed my finger to her lips.

"You don't need to say it. I'm sorry. I'm stupid. I thought you were taken. I had thought about us, you know like you and me but when I saw you with Carl, I dismissed it. You deserve a good relationship without me stepping into the frame."

"I used Carl, I hoped you'd get jealous and try to steal me away, like, save me, geez I totally stuffed that up didn't I?"

"OK so tell me Di, if that's true why are we standing at the top of the stairs with you in your petticoat. Excuse me for the idiot that I am but I actually think this is finally ..going well?.... just putting it out there Diane."

"Matt, what are you saying?"

"Diane Jones, would you consider becoming my other half, exclusively, with the view of maybe becoming my wife some day?"

Shit. Making women cry. Not something you want to put on your resume.

So there it was. Well no it wasn't not that evening. Carin wouldn't let Diane go home, and had told her she was staying put, so she had been in their guest room lying down when she heard what sounded like Carin crying, she was listening on the landing when I was coming up the stairs and she froze.

We kissed and cuddled and decided we should at least find out how Carin was. We decided that maybe we should sort a few pressing problems out which all three of us had inadvertently caused.

First thing was to apologise to Sam, for a situation that was none of her making. Actually Carin and Amanda(Manda) Palmer sorted it out. Manda who rarely drinks went round to the Squire's and ordered them and their kids into her van and drove them back to the BBQ. Behind close doors Carin and Diane pretty much begged their forgiveness for what they had put Karen and Sam through. Tom is as dumb as me because he didn't even know what the fuss was about until they had been ordered to get in Manda's van to come back. They were still trying to explain the details to him when they went to go home the second time. Ha, Dumbass.

I told Sam I was glad that She had come back and I had really enjoyed her company. She was a bit sad about everything right up to when I re-introduced her to Carl. I just walked away after that. I saw Carl an hour later and his smile was a mile wide. I'm wasted driving trucks

Anyway, the after-party at my place was awesome, well beyond awesome, We went through the night, dozing then waking, she'd play with my ding-dong make it hard and suck-it or stick up her girly parts or I'd wake up and suck her titty's til she woke up, then we'd sleepily make dirty again. I think we finally got up at 3pm the following day.

I'd grown up in the town that we live in now. My Mum & Dad still live here and intend to stay in the family home while they are healthy & fit enough. As Diane and I have bought a two acre section on the outskirts of town that actually has a town road adjacent along the longest side of the property we'd talked about my parents building a little bungalow there when there property got too big for them, also Diane's Dad & Mum had had various health problems and as they were still on their farm, she felt that if she could convince them to move maybe there would end up being two bungalow's on the property rather than one. Our Mum's had also become quite friendly since we'd married, Id felt my mum had always looked down her nose, when ever the Jone's family was mentioned, but now I could see the level of respect she had for Edy and she had come to love and appreciate her Daughter-in-law.

I have no problem at all with them all living here, except for our father's being next door to one another, its not a bad thing, but in fact sometimes I wish it was. There is a story that a very good friend of ours told me when I told him about the father-in-laws last adventure. L.C. is military and he said that the military had a story that went something like: When you have one man working for you, you have a whole brain working for you, when you have two men you have ½ a brain working for you, four men... yeah well you get the picture.

Anyways after their last adventures our fathers only managed to get away from being arrested by the thickness of a Gnat's cock. Fuck I never got away with anything as remotely insane as what these two old koozers did (Yeah, I'm not saying, so don't bother asking: Goats deserve their privacy too. Yeah, you read right!) and collectively the whole damn town thought it was hilarious, other than five people, Diane, me and the local Police Force.

Even after the fact, was it the two old bastards that get the talking too? Ah no, we end up with the cops on our doorstep asking us if we could please get our parents to 'Tone it down' a bit, and 'if You don't and We (meaning the Cops) still don't see a 'sobering in your activities' then 'things will have to be undertaken' too ensure an 'Out of control situation does not occur again'.

I thought that Diane was gonna burst into flames. "WHO THE FU.."

I managed to get a hand over my darling wife's mouth before the next word came out and dragged her through the door backwards, and kicking it closed I managed to yell out: "Got to go, show yourselves out."

Diane was not a happy chipmunk, I locked her in the bedroom. I got the evils from her for the rest of the night. I kept my mouth closed. I swear she was planning to kill me in my sleep. We were both so apoplectic about the situation what did we do? Nothing, no wait we did do something we got their wives, our mothers, together and read them the riot act, Go Figure. We told them their husbands, our fathers needed to get their heads out of their asses .

Diane said to her Mother, "Mum I know it was a joke but from where we're sitting it's not funny. Dad needs to get out of this mindset of doing things just because he can."

Her Mum's(Edy) reply was that Jack had learnt his lesson and he'd not do it again "....besides we haven't got another goat." And then both mums snickered. That did it.

I glared at my mother and said, "I don't know what you've got to smirk about Mum. Obviously given that your husband followed along with what Jack was doing without question. You must have married a sheep!"

Edy replied, "Matt thats not right, no sheep coulda done that to a goat." and both mothers burst out laughing.

"Not Funny Mother!" Diane remarked.

I have 1 older brother, Wayne and a Sister Sue, Both are married and live in the City

Diane was born & comes from a little village 9kms away. Her Parents, Jack & Edy own a Dairy farm on the outskirts of the village. They have four Sons and Diane, the youngest, the apple of Jack's eye. Two of the sons are on the farm, another owns and runs the local garage in the village and the last brother does line-haul for the same company I do although from the city. The two boys on the farm are married, Jim, the mechanic loves all women so you know how that goes, and Keith, the truck-driver, is engaged to his long-time girl-friend. Diane is a bit of a tom-boy, although the edges have softened as she has grown older. This came about because despite what I've said about my father-in-law so far actually pales in comparison to what I really think of Jack. He was and still is a shit-hot Dad to all his family and especially Diane. Even before Diane and I hooked up and going right back to my early school days everybody district wide knew that Jack Jones was a legend.