Out of a Clear Blue Sky

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Everything I've ever had here was great, but I think I like the pulled pork best."

"OK, I'll try that."

"Want a beer to go with it? We won't be flying before tomorrow morning."

I felt slightly embarrassed. "Actually I don't like beer. I'd like a coke instead."

Tom leaned closer. In a teasing voice he said, "Don't like beer? Just don't let anyone here overhear that." He stopped for a second and then with a smile said, "I'll just let them think you're underage."

I felt my face go slightly red but just then the waitress came over and Tom ordered for both of us. "We'll both have the pulled pork platter. I'll have a draft and could you bring the young lady a coke?" I felt myself redden even a little more, but I don't think she noticed and quickly turned to place our order.

When the food came it really was wonderful. Not just the pork itself, but the barbecued beans, fried potatoes and cole slaw was also superb.

When we left and went back out to the car Tom said, "Since you've never been here before would you like to visit the Alamo? It's close enough we can drive there and then come back and stay closer to the field without it being too late."

"I'd love to. I've seen pictures but like I said I've never been anywhere near here before."

That's what we did. We drove into San Antonio, spent a little time at the historical location, stopped somewhere for an early supper and then headed back towards the field. By the time we left the city it was dark and as soon as we got out into the country side the view of the stars was fantastic. I commented on this and Tom agreed. Then, while we were still ten miles out he suddenly turned into a side road. I had just seen a sign that read, "Johnson Park," but before I could ask, Tom said, "I remember stopping here one other time. There is a great view of the sky from the parking lot." Then as though he had just realized I might take this the wrong way added, "Unless you'd rather not, Sandy. Just let me know."

"No," I smiled at him in the dark. "Remember, I'm a pilot, too. I love the stars."

In a half mile or so we pulled up a slight hill and into a small parking lot. We were the only car present and Tom pulled to the far edge where we could see out over the open landscape. He turned off the engine and suddenly quiet enveloped us. Only occasionally were there any sounds of distant traffic. Mostly there was just a quiet breeze and some rustling leaves. Once we heard what I think were a pair of F-16s from one of the bases nearby, but they were fairly high. We watched their nav lights as they crossed the sky in front of us and heard their quiet thunder fade into the distance.

I had barely known Tom for a week. He had taken me flying twice and we had gone on one real date, but that was all. Still, I felt very comfortable with him. With almost any other man I had known no longer, I would have been watching for him to show the signs that he would rather I were someone else. Other fliers rarely lasted even past one date before the relationship began to cool and non-flyers often didn't make it that far once they learned what I did for fun. But with Tom everything just felt comfortable. That's the only word that comes to mind.

The car Tom had found to rent was a convertible. He hadn't particularly wanted one but at a small, non-commercial field you were lucky to be able to find anything. Now, with the top down we could see most of the sky. The breeze was slightly cool but not excessively so and we both relaxed and leaned back into the seats.

For quite some time we just sat there, talking quietly, sometimes about flying, but mostly about each other. We were getting better acquainted and I, at least, was liking what I was finding and I'm pretty sure Tom was also. Once again there was a flight of jets, but these were high overhead, their sound just barely heard, but we could see four distinct sets of lights. I couldn't tell if these were sixteens or something else but I'm sure it was four fighters on some night mission.

We weren't paying any attention to the time but suddenly we both noticed the silver radiance of the rising moon begin to light the open prairie in front of us. Both of us were flyers so we were aware of the phases of the moon and realized this must make it nearly ten. I think we were both surprised that the time had slipped by so quickly.

Tom straightened slightly and said, "I didn't realize it was so late. Do you want to go back and get a room?"

I replied, "If you want to head back. I'm not tired and it is lovely out here. Do we need to leave at some particular time in the morning?"

"No, not really. Any time tomorrow is fine."

"Then let's stay a little longer."

I could almost feel his smile as he replied, "Sure." Then he leaned back and I felt his arm rise and rest across my shoulders.

Now it was my turn to smile and I settled a little closer and let his hand close over the top of my right arm. I moved my head to lean against him and said, "Thanks, Tom. Not just for the flight but for everything. Mostly for being who you are."

I'm not sure he really understood what I meant. How could he know how much trouble I had had in finding a man who wasn't either afraid of me or at least put off. But, then again, maybe he did understand.

We sat like that for some time, occasionally talking quietly but mostly just being together. Then one time when he turned to say something and I turned to answer him, we froze, our faces only inches apart. I felt my pulse speed up and a funny feeling started deep in my stomach. I knew what was coming and just desperately hoped I wouldn't spoil it somehow.

I didn't. Tom's lips moved slowly closer and I shifted slightly to meet them. Lightly at first and then with a little increasing pressure the kiss lasted for at least a minute. As we separated, although only by centimeters, I think Tom was waiting to see if he had gone too far, although my own participation should have reassured him on that point. But I helped make that more certain by initiating the next kiss myself.

It was nearly midnight by the time we decided to leave the park, but a lot had happened before that. Not everything, by any means, but it had become a very serious make out session. I say that lightly but it wasn't just erotic activity for either of us. Of course it was erotic but I mean that wasn't everything. In fact, it wasn't the most important thing. I mean I'll admit I've slept - well maybe not slept, but gone to bed with - a few men mostly for the erotic thrill. As I've said, a deep relationship was generally not in my cards. But with Tom it felt that the romance was topmost - the sexual excitement was just icing on the cake.

When we did slow our activities and consider going back I managed to say, "Tom?"

Catching his own breath he replied, "Yes?"

"Tom, do I still have the choice of one or two rooms for tonight?"

He looked at me and then leaned forwards and placed a quick, non-erotic kiss lightly on my lips. "Yes, my lovely Sandy, the choice is yours."

I drew a deep breath. "Then I choose one. One with a big bed, if possible."

He smiled and said, I'm sure we can find one. And we did. There was a state highway quite near the airport and we pulled into the parking lot of one of the large chain motels. I remained in the car while Tom went inside. When he returned he handed me a keycard and said, "They had a choice of two queens or one king bed. I chose the king."

I gave him a quick kiss and replied, "You chose ... wisely."

We skipped breakfast and didn't leave until almost noon. Still we found things to keep us busy. As it turned out I didn't need the peignoir I had packed at all. Or anything else while we were in the room. When we left I put on the jeans and shirt I had brought for flying. I hadn't even needed the dress.

It definitely wasn't a one night stand. Tom and I continued to date and our relationship grew stronger by the day. It wasn't just the sex although that was fantastic. Tom even initiated me - or, he tells me, we initiated each other - into the Mile High Club. In a couple of weeks there was no doubt that we were in love with each other. In less than two months it was obvious we were quite serious in our relationship. A little over three months and Tom gave me a ring which I accepted with enthusiasm.

Now it has been four years almost to the day since we met. We've been married for three and a half of those years and we find we are more in love each day. The sex hasn't cooled either. Both of us are ready to climb into bed - or anywhere else we can manage - whenever we can find or make a chance. I never have needed that peignoir. Not even once. I now am checked out on multiengine craft and gliders. Tom says it won't be long before he gets me qualified on jets. He even says there's a chance a friend of his in the Guard might get me a ride in an F-16. Not only doesn't he mind that I fly and fly well, but he is happy with the fact.

Sometimes I think just how unlikely the whole thing seems. But sometimes when you are least expecting it, and with no warning at all, your whole world can chance completely. I mean I was just flying which I loved but having an awful time trying to have a romantic relationship when one day the most wonderful man in the world came to me. Right out of a clear blue sky.