Out Of The Shadows Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll need to get home and pick up what information I have. I couldn't bring it in with me earlier. If I do get caught up in anything at least you'll have what I've got so far. I'm not sure it will be enough, but there's plenty there and it might match up with other stuff you've already got."

"Agreed. You be careful though. The only problem now is how to get you out of the station."

Rob smiled at me again and I felt another wave. Shit, this guy was trouble, but not at all in the way I'd originally thought.

"You're parked out the back, I assume." I nodded. "So if you leave and I crouch down in the car that should sort it. If you don't mind taking a slight diversion to drop me off?"

I shook my head to say I didn't, but my mind was racing. I'd not wanted to be alone with him before, but now it seemed an even worse idea. Still, he needed a little bit of help and it was unlikely I'd ever be able to assist an undercover officer again. Mmm, undercover. That brought ideas to mind that I really didn't need to be having right now.

It seemed like a very long time before they completed the discharge and gave Rob back his property. The Chief Inspector stayed for a little while, but soon had to get back to other work and the Inspector from before was back, looking on with disgust. He'd obviously been aware there was little evidence, but hoped for a confession anyway. I wished I could let him know that this was one of the good guys, but I knew better than to discuss anything I had heard.

Finally it was over and Rob followed me out of the building. I noticed him taking a look around and his relief that I was parked where he couldn't be seen from the road. As soon as the central locking beeped he was in the passenger seat and pushing it back so he could crouch in the footwell. It was still a tight fit, and as I slid into my seat I tried hard not to think about the fact he was nearly eye level with my crotch, especially when he smiled at me again.

"Thanks so much for this. I appreciate it's a little out of the ordinary. What was your name again? I forgot it when I was doing my police-hating bastard routine."

"I'm Alex. It's okay, I don't mind helping under the circumstances. Where do you need to go?"

"London Road. That new block of flats."

I nodded, knowing where he meant, and reversed out of the space and headed out of the carpark and onto the road. I didn't know what to talk about, given that I'd probably just had the weirdest morning of my life so far and I currently had a very cute man hiding in my car. I kept glancing down at him just to make sure he was real. After we'd been travelling for about ten minutes he finally straightened up and got into the passenger seat.

"It's a bit uncomfortable down there," he said with a grin. "This should be safe enough, it was just in case they were watching the station to find out if and when I was released. This gives me a headstart."

"What are you going to do?" I asked, concerned about his safety for reasons I wasn't going to go into.

"I can't tell you. What you've heard so far is more than you should know, to be frank."

"I understand. Still, take one of my cards out the glovebox. If you get arrested again, give me a call!"

"I really hope that doesn't happen. Nothing personal, but I can do without getting carted back in there. Bastards dragged me out of bed naked at 6am."

The thought of him naked sent another delightful shiver through me. I wished I'd been there for the arrest, because that would have been a sight to behold.

"I know it's not in the same league, but I could have done without the early morning phonecall."

I heard him snort, but he still seemed amused. "You're right, that's not in the same league. A bunch of angry cops at your door beats a phonecall any day. This is me. Can you drive past and drop me round the corner. I need to check the coast is clear."

I did as he asked, as he checked out the parked cars and anyone he could see as we went past. I stopped at the kerb just around the bend as he'd requested. I had one final smile from him before he left me.

"Thanks Alex."

And then he was gone. I kept an eye on the rear view mirror until he disappeared from sight, sighing deeply once I could no longer see him. Somehow he'd left his scent in the car, only faint, but it was doing things to my body anyway. Typical, meet a nice man and he's potentially on the run from a hardcore gang who are setting him up for armed robbery. And as much as that should have been a serious thought the bizarreness of my day had me laughing at it. Who would have thought that would be how things panned out when I first got the call?

* * * * * *

I didn't get any further calls that day, and I was relieved about it because I couldn't seem to concentrate. The events of the day were still playing out in my mind, but mostly I was thinking just about Rob and what I wished he'd done to me. Even though he was almost certainly straight, and I'd never see him again, it wouldn't hurt to use him as my fantasy man for a while, until something real came along. He'd never know how much those smiles of his had affected me. I found also that I was worrying about him. I hoped he'd found what he needed and was safe. I guessed if he got arrested I'd hear about it, but if the Merretts were really after him there was a possibility of much worse.

Trying to concentrate on my newly invigorated libido was the only thing that helped when those thoughts came to mind, so I spent much of the day half hard. I had work to do and that distracted me a little, but I was finding that thoughts of Rob's smile interrupted me too regularly for me to get much done. After a little dictation I realised I'd just had the record button down on my dictaphone while spending several minutes thinking about him reaching across from the footwell of the car to caress my hard dick. I gave up at that point and decided to hunt for some porn on the internet. I needed to get off if I was going to do any work.

I quickly found a favourite site and settled back with my dick in my hand. I didn't need to wake him up, he'd been alert every time Rob's face or body came into my mind. It was only pictures, but I settled on one where a very fit man with long hair was giving a blowjob to a guy who looked a little like me, tall and slender with short dark hair. My imagination substituted me and Rob for the models on the screen and soon I was sat with my eyes closed as Rob's mouth worked on my hardness, making me gasp with pleasure. When his eyes looked up at me and I saw him grin as best he could around his mouthful I came hard into the towel I held on my lap.

As I relaxed again I cleaned myself down and shut off the computer, feeling suddenly guilty. I didn't use real men in my fantasies and even though I might well never see him again it still felt wrong. Particularly because he was potentially in danger right now. He wouldn't go to prison, but he might have to blow his cover to make sure that didn't happen and that could be even worse for him. So I felt just great having my wank fantasy be a guy who might be getting the crap beaten out of him right now.

I was distracted from my musing by the doorbell. I checked that I was fully dressed with no cum stains on me before I answered it, since it was probably work and they did not need to see that. When I opened the door the smile I received made my cock twitch again and I was so glad I had cleaned myself off.

"Rob. What the hell? Is something wrong?"

He looked behind him a little nervously before asking if he could come in. I let him and closed the door, and he started to explain.

"I'm sorry about this. I know it's stupid but somehow you were the first person who came to mind I thought I could trust."

I liked that thought, but another was higher in my mind. "How did you know where I lived?"

He looked a little embarrassed. "I got a PNC check done on your car so I could get your address. I need a favour."

I invited him in to the living room, thanking god I'd closed the computer, and quickly taking the towel I'd been using out of the room and putting it in the washing machine. He didn't want a drink so I went to sit in my chair while he sat on the sofa. No point getting close to him in this situation, parts of me might start to betray me.

"What do you need?"

"It looks like they've found me out. My flat was done over when I got back, and that's too much of a coincidence to be a random burglary. Fortunately they don't know I have another place and that's where I was keeping the intel. I've got it with me now, but since there's a good chance they are looking for me I was hoping you could take it in to the Chief."

"Of course I will. What are you going to do?"

He gestured at the bag he had been carrying. "That's got my disguise in it. If I can have half an hour I'll get changed here and then head for a bolt-hole so I can contact the Chief myself and get out of trouble. I could use some spare clothes, but..."

He trailed off as he looked me up and down, and I had to surpress the urge to shiver under his gaze. I knew what he was thinking though.

"I've got some baggy joggers and sweatshirts. The bottoms should be fine, we're about the same height. Tops might be a little tight."

He grinned at me, and I pushed the thoughts I was having about him in my clothes, stretched across that tight torso, to the back of my mind. Now was definitely not the time. I couldn't help hoping though that since he'd come to me and I'd been able to help, I might at least see him again once he'd sorted this problem out. Probably not though, he'd end up with some new operation miles from here. Besides, what was I thinking of that for? It's not like he was going to want me like I already wanted him.

I showed him up to my room and grabbed some of my baggier clothes from the drawers, relieved that he hadn't yet started to take his own clothes off. As much as I would love to see his body I thought I'd make it pretty obvious how much I loved it and I couldn't take the chance of him seeing that.

"That's all I've got that might fit you, help yourself if it's any good."

"Thanks so much. Where can I put this to keep it safe?"

He waved a usb drive at me, obviously containing the intel. I thought for a moment.

"Sock drawer?" I asked, pulling it out so he could place the drive inside.

I headed out of the room after that, needing to leave him alone so I could get my body under control. I'd just finished wanking thinking about him and he turned up on my doorstep, and now he was in my bedroom trying on my clothes. Fate really must be screwing with me. For the second time that day the doorbell rang to save me from my internal debate over Rob.

As I opened the door slightly it was pushed back into me and I staggered back down the hall with the force. When I looked up two men stood in front of me. They were both huge and I had the horrible feeling they were not here for a social visit. A moment later I was pinned against the wall by one of them, confirming my suspicion.

"Where is he?" ground out the guy not holding me.

"Who?"

A punch to my stomach was not the reply I wanted. I grunted with the shock and pain of it and tried to stay focussed. Obviously they were after Rob, I needed to hope he had heard this and would get out of here, or could I just hope that he would save me?

"Rob Webster. You saw him this morning at the police station. Where's he been since then?"

"I don't know."

Another couple of punches had me gasping for breath and hoping that they weren't going to kill me. I felt a sharp pain go through my head and body as the guy holding me brought me forward and then slammed me back into the wall.

"We can continue talking nicely like this, or we can really work you over. Where is he?"

Oh fuck. If this was their idea of nice I was not going to last through anything else.

"I gave him a lift and dropped him off just off London Road about 11. I haven't seen him since."

"Since when do Solicitors give their clients a lift home?"

He had a point. "He insisted and I was scared of him."

"He wouldn't have hurt you."

Nice of them to mention that, I thought vaguely as my head hit the wall again and everything faded to black.

* * * * * *

12