Overlooked Bride Ch. 07

Story Info
Overlooked Bride finally makes it to the altar.
4.8k words
4.75
29.1k
5

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry readers, this final chapter slipped through the cracks, Several direct emails drew the omission to my attention. Apologies; enjoy.

*

Just as all but one the invited guests had been seated, the maitre d' took the call that Mr Marty Young had arrived. He opened the double doors and asked Marty to enter, announcing, "Lady Alice Ashton-Jones' special guest Mr Marty Young."

Alice came forward, wearing a beautiful floral dress with an almost sheer over-skirt and wearing a diamond studded headband with three brightly dyed feathers above her right ear, both ears weighed down with bands studded with diamonds on both sides to match the headband; she looked elegantly stunning and not at all like a flapper. She placed both hands on Marty's shoulders and kissed him deliberately on the lips, slowly and almost chastely. A tongue tip gave her away.

"Thank you for coming. There are thirty of us now. We'll have a break before coffee and liqueurs and chocolates so I'll introduce you to people then. Please offer me your arm -- you are seated at the head of the table to your left."

Marty found he was seated between Yvette and Max, both of whom greeted him warmly. Yvette indicated she wished to be kissed and offered only her lips, so Marty obliged. Drawing away he looked straight down her cleavage that was nothing but flesh-- she was without a bra, despite being so well developed and Marty realized there was not a wrinkled to be seen, at least not that he detected. Not bad for a woman who must be knocking fifty. Max was standing to shake hands and did so by slapping Marty's back, three solid thumps in fact.

As he was being seated by a waitress, Marty looked down the very long table straight at Bianca. Her blonde hair was in hairdresser trained ringlets -- she finger-waved and smiled, smiled cutely, he thought. It all made sense to him now: he'd been given a glass of champagne outside the room and told his entrance was scheduled for exactly 9:00. That and the kissing and back thumping had been staged, presumably as a display of solidarity by Alice, Yvette and Max for the benefit of Bianca to indicate their acceptance of him.

Well, what now? he thought. How's that display of unity plus a slap-up dinner going to have Bianca rest in his arms again? This was like a Victorian play gone wrong.

While caviar starter was being served Marty engaged in conversation with Max and Yvette and the two couples beyond them; small talk, naturally. Twice when chatting to Yvette his eyes unconsciously slipped towards her chest and when he raised them to regain eye contact he flushed slightly, recognizing the good-humored smile -- especially in her eyes -- of a 'you naughty boy' look. Yes, definitely a soft look, not a rebuke.

Marty did a wriggle to take the heat off himself: "May I invited you and Max to visit me for a picnic lunch on Saturday -- the forecast is for fine weather?"

Max only half heard the invitation as the women next to him was asking him something. But Yvette leaned closed to Marty; he saw it coming a mile a way by the curl to her lips so was ready for it: "What, so you can seduce me?"

"A lovely thought but I was thinking you might like ride my stallion Beckett unless Max fights you for him."

"Max doesn't ride but anyway I'd prefer the larger mare."

"Why?"

"Because of her speed -- she'd built to go like a bullet but looks a little out of condition."

"Well, maybe -- but Beckett would leave her behind over rough ground and over jumps -- he's built for that."

"With you on him it may seem that way but speed is deceptive and so are riders. I would out perform you on either horse, if I am permitted to be that modest."

"Er, I was thinking more of a social canter."

"An excellent reply Marty," Max said re-entering the conversation. "In her younger days this lady of mine won everything that was going regionally when at her peak and brought home two titles when riding internationally for France."

"Er, perhaps a walk with Yvette's horse in hobbles?"

"An excellent reply again Marty," Max laughed. "I can see why Alice has taken such a liking to you. Yvette will be also taken with you. You scored hugely by presenting her with flowers at the airport. She'd been expecting only scowls from you."

"That's enough Max, return to looking at women's bosoms please."

They all laughed and the woman next to Max whispered loud enough for their little group to hear: "Mine are always available for your inspection Max -- I understand you are an international authority."

Everyone chuckled just as the side doors were pulled aside to display a four-piece band of keyboard, double bass, guitar and drums which began playing soft, easy music.

Marty thought music without the audience being blasted out of the room was evidence of Alice being in control as a consummate hostess; she probably liked to be in control in bed just like this.

Well, he'd never know. But if it came to the choice between push and shove, he'd have to choose Yvette of the two -- her waters ran deeper if it could be described like that, Alice would be all attention for the duration until brought to ejaculation and then her attention would switch to other things with her lover receiving a pat on the head and told he was a good boy. Yvette would, in his opinion, be in there for the longer run -- a full-blown affair with intense action coupled with an engagement of minds and activities right down to almost sharing the same toothbrush. Well, that was his assessment, not that he'd ever have it tested.

Then out of the blue Marty was shaken by a profound statement coming from his right without warning. "She's yours for the taking Marty," Max said quietly. "Yvette and I have helped to talk her down from her tree."

Marty breathed heavily, "Really?" and turned to Yvette for confirmation; she nodded.

"We talked for hours, explaining she's always been hard on herself and has this tendency of being overly hard on anyone close to her -- even her parents," Max said.

"Alice was there and joined in," Yvette said. "For some reason Bianca will take it on the chin from Alice. She said that Bianca had found true romance elusive because she drove her suitors away by insisting on standards most people cannot live with."

"Yes," Max added. " We all then continued with that theme, giving examples and watching dismayed as she continued looking at us defiantly, not conceding an inch which of course had been the root of the problem."

"Then Alice said if Bianca walked away from you she'd gladly sign the authority for her to be admitted to an institution for the mentally unbalanced," Yvette said woodenly. "Bianca's shoulders slumped; she looked at Alice in horror and ran screaming into my arms. It took quite sometime for us to calm her and we all then got gloriously drunk. Of course she and Alice had made up before the second round was poured."

"Well, this is amazing and I must thank you," Marty said. "What happens now?"

Max said the best advice he could give was to just let it happen. Yvette said she agreed with that. "Alice is has created the venue; it could happen tonight."

After the cold appetizer, Alice invited Bianca to sing. Marty was not even aware Bianca had that skill but she sang two songs with the band, one in French, and a trained voice was evident.

After the soup, Alice called down the table, "Marty?"

He waved.

"What can you perform for us? Do you sing and recite or even tell a witty joke?"

"I can play a trumpet," Marty said and believed he was safe.

"Ruben?"

"Alice, I have one out on my vehicle. Best you come out and warm up with it young fellow," the band leader said to the dismayed 'special guest'.

Ruben led Marty back in. "Marty hasn't had a trumpet to his lips for two years and says he never advanced much beyond a competent beginner but will give it a go providing we accompany him and drown him out. So folk, here we go."

Marty surprised himself by playing rather well, the incentive being trying to impress Bianca. He and the band played 'Love Me Tender' and then changed into a sweet swing for 'Marie'.

He received quite an ovation and as he was handing back the trumpet and shaking Ruben's hand Bianca came forward and placing her arm around Marty said something to Ruben. The band broke into 'Baby Face' and Marty and Bianca turned away into a fox-trot and in the simplest possible way they were as one again. Another five couples left the table to join them including Max and Yvette.

"Welcome back," Marty whispered, kissing into Bianca's neck. She stretched her neck upwards for him and wept.

Lunch under the trees beyond Marty's home on Saturday turned into a celebration as Bianca's parents and Alice were so delighted to see her so happy again. It was fine and although there was a strong breeze they encamped on the side of a sheltering hillock. The guests arrived at 11:00 to find the horses saddled -- the reunited couple had decided on the night of Alice's dinner to live together and marry soon. It was decided to retain Bianca's apartment to have a bed in the city for when they dined in town or attending late-finishing functions. Given a small retainer, Marty's occasional housekeeper was happy to feed the dogs and said she had not problem receiving very short notice. The couple appeared about to be living in the best of both words -- city/country living.

Max produced maps of the course and it was decided to eliminate the possibility of collisions by competing as time trials. Riders had the option of taking the safe but longer course with brush jumps or the shorter course that included the stone wall and the water jump. They would each ride the three horses and the winner would be the person with the lowest aggregate times with penalties being imposed for missed jumps.

After a start-up with French champagne, canapés and the first of the new season's strawberries, Alice and Yvette went off to change and returned dressed in full riding gear -- newly purchased. Bianca and Marty wore helmets and riding boots and were dressed similarly in T-shirts and jeans. The two older women were allowed two practice runs and a carnival atmosphere began to develop as competitive spirits began to rise.

"Ride safely everyone," Marty cautioned as Max in a wide-brim sunhat took his cell phone for communication with the starter, stopwatch, binoculars, picnic chair and almost full bottle of champagne to the top of the hillock where he had a great view of the last half of the course and the finish. At the starter's call of 'Go!' he'd push the stopwatch.

"This is it -- our ultimate test darling," Bianca said, snuggling up to Marty at the start. "Do your best, no holding back."

They'd ridden together but not competitively apart when one would break into a gallop shouting "race you" to take unfair advantage. This time the competition was for real.

It ended without mishaps -- Bianca winning with the lowest aggregate, 53 seconds below her proud mother's score with Marty next and then Alice, who'd not attempted the stone fence and water jump. They're drawn positions for their first jump and it was almost 2:00 before they finished because they had to spell the horses. Yvette took the short route on Beckett and Bianca took it with both Beckett and Savannah.

Marty was amazed to watch as Bianca took on the wall with Savannah and stood stupefied when Max telephoned the time back to him. He finished the short route with the second-best time, seven seconds behind Bianca but Savannah refused to take the stone wall for him costing Max time penalties and the balk that pushed him back into third place but her took it on the chin and hugged both women when returning from that unsuccessful run on Savannah.

As they reassembled for lunch and the group toasted their host, Marty made a short speech thanking the timekeeper and the riders for their fair competitive spirit and ended by saying: "What you have done with Savannah is amazing, Bianca -- the fact she took me over the water jump is amazing in itself as I could never manage to get her to do that. Savannah is now your horse darling."

Bianca squealed and came running to hug him, with Marty thinking he'd never forget the unmasked look of pride on Yvette's face as he finished making that announcement about gifting Savannah.

It was almost 7:00 before Alice called her driver to return to collect her, Yvette and Max to end a great day.

* * *

Two Saturdays later, Bianca assisted by Marty held an all-day workshop for all college staff. There had been a cocktail party for staff and their partners from 6 to 8 the previous evening so Bianca was no longer a stranger to them. They were also aware that she was now Marty's fiancée with a platinum milgrain diamond band engagement ring to show for it (an identical ring would be added at the wedding) in a week's time.

Bianca's presentation took most of the day, starting with the physical changes to classroom 'pods' as she termed them -- groupings of classrooms according to the subjects and levels of education. The changes were radical but so logical that staff acceptance was easy, especially when they had their questions answered as the disclosures continued at a leisurely pace.

She then presented the marketing program with emphasis on 'capturing' incoming prospective students before they left their homelands for New Zealand.

After lunch Monica Wisenberg joined the presenters and she and Marty concentrated in curricular changes. There was little dissention and everyone seemed pleased that new construction and disruptive remodeling was planned to minimize disturbance to the college routine, which had been a major concern.

At the end of the day when Monica, Bianca and Marty was having a drink in Marty's office, Monica dropped a bombshell. She'd signed papers the previous day with Marty with their lawyers to formally take up Basil Kennard's half-share in the company running the college.

The company leased the facilities off another company that owned the land and buildings. Marty owned a 40 percent share in that company and an insurance company had the remainder. The latest property valuation was $7.8 million mainly because of the value of the land for redevelopment which is why the insurance company had taken its strategic stake. That information had been disclosed fully to Monica.

"My parents like your -- I mean our -- college very much," Monica said. "Their wish is for you two to dine with us tonight in a private room at their hotel. They are interested in talking about acquiring you financial interest in this college Marty. I'm sorry to drop this on you so suddenly, but it has occurred suddenly and they return to China on Wednesday evening.

Marty held on to his chin -- possibly to stop uttering gibberish. Finally, "This is rather a shock but yes, let's chat over dinner. I see no harm in that. You and your parents may even succeed in twisting my arm. But nothing is promised -- right?"

"Right. You know where we are," Monica said, picking up her handbag. "Tonight at 8:30 then."

"Well, well," Bianca said. "This is a little shock for you, and for me I guess if you are going to become jobless. How much did Monica finally have to pay in total?"

"She managed to cut Basil back ten grand to $425,000 indicating it was a take-it-or-leave-it offer and gave me the thirty grand I was asking for goodwill as I had the legal right to approve or reject my new partner.

"So, $455,000 plus say a ten grand sweetener to entice you to sell and you'd have good pocket money but no job."

"Exactly, and good reason for not selling but I suspect mummy and daddy have something else in mind."

"What?"

"So you think they want to own the land and buildings as well as the operating company?'

"Could be."

"That's not saying much."

"Well, it's the only deal that would make me quit. Otherwise, as you said I only have pocket money and have to look for a new job. If I received an offer of say $3 to $3.5 million for my interest in the holding company then I might be interested in talking about a deal. Otherwise all I get is a free meal and a free meal for you."

"You're cynical."

"Could be but then I know how people with money who want something think and act. If mummy and daddy go to the insurance company asking to buy their interest before dealing with me, I would expect a visit from men in suits from the insurance company. So don't expect a deal anytime soon unless mummy and daddy dazzle me with figures."

"I'm horny -- you know talking money gets me going. Let's go to my apartment and try to find a way to make use of the time to 8:30. Have you any ideas?"

Snuggled in a cool bath after a hot time on the bed, Marty asked Bianca how her business was going.

"Fine and I love having a permanent PA doing the routine work as it gives me additional thinking time. What I deal in is ideas and then to develop strategies when I am given an implementation contract."

"I understand that -- it's what consultancy is all about. Are you making money?"

"Yes, good money really -- more than when I worked in advertising on a fat salary. I'll take you through the books if you're interested -- I really like the thought of your being interested. In fact..." She tailed off.

"What?"

Bianca said her ambition was to expand. If Marty ended up without a job perhaps she could develop an expansion strategy and take him on as joint managing-director responsible for administration and development of new business.

"Yeah, I could be interested."

"You'd have to invest money in the company to earn the title of joint managing-director."

"I see no problem with that. I could also ease you back when you begin riding staff too hard."

"That's not fair."

"Isn't it?"

Bianca sighed and agreed it was fair comment.

"Brilliant people often have a temperamental streak," he offered, and was soundly kissed for his understanding and was offered a breast to suck but he had something else on his mind. Marty asked her how successful was the business overall.

"Well, the Crucible project has given me star-quality status and inquiries have taken a real jump although I've only signed one contract originating from that interest to date, but its early days yet."

"What about notable failures?"

Bianca said only one to date -- her attempt to dissuade hoteliers from turning some accommodation into apartments and sell them off as permanent residential units.

"My developing campaign was stopped in its tracks when the hoteliers called an informal meeting to discuss my agenda for a meeting I was organizing and they decided to bail out and instead approach the Minister of Tourism to persuade the Government to underwrite a bi-annual promotion to persuade New Zealanders to spend a week in five-star luxury by holidaying in their own country instead of going to Australia and beyond."

"Oh dear."

"Oh dear what?"

"You have egg on your face."

Bianca smiled and said she didn't think so. The twerps would find the attraction of a 5-star hotel room for New Zealanders in their own country would have less appeal than Disneyland, the Great Barrier Reef or a tropical holiday in Fiji.

"It's the lure of concepts and a hotel room doesn't project much of a lure," she said. "It's a project that is bound to fail."

"Then shouldn't you be having a quiet word in the ear of someone in Government advising them they have been invited to underwrite a lemon. The Government pulls the plug and earmarks you as a possible source for independent business advice and the hoteliers' problem comes back on your plate with a promise of full support fro any proposal of yours that is adopted."

"Here, suck on this, bright boy. Why aren't you working with me already? That is brilliant double-dealing but ethical as the hoteliers and the party bringing the problem to me have not paid a cent for the work I did for them so I'm not their client. Brilliant, brilliant! And I have the right contract to lick the ear of Government -- a local MP who was a naughty boy caught committing adultery in his garden. He owes me a big favor and will wish to ingratiate himself with his political bosses. This is a real 'Think Tank' outcome -- oh darling, I'm so pleased with you."

12