Painting with Lydia

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is that a good idea."

"Eddie you'll be stuck at Middlemarch painting for weeks. Whether or not becoming a private contractor will be a good idea will depend on your negotiating skills. I'll have your replacement hired by the weekend and we are happy to become your primary supplier."

So Eddie resigned and used the Middlemarch account to buy the supplies he needed for the next three weeks. Lady Fisher had requested all walls to be pained in a lighter shade to their present color and he thought that was very progressive of her. He'd suggest new light fittings later. Lydia had told him her parents were very wealthy but kept the exterior of the house drab, the farm mismanaged and the driveway potholed to put off folk trying to squeeze money out of them. He thought that was brilliant strategy.

"I have heaps of money too. I was married to the wayward son of wealthy parents and daddy hired a top lawyer who worked brilliantly to get me a very generous settlement that included an agreement that I would not talk to the media. I was also compensated for hurt and humiliation that I hadn't known I'd suffered although I was pissed off not being made pregnant. I used some of that money to buy three farms on the advice of my accountant for the benefits of farm subsidies and tax write-offs."

"Good for you."

"Thank you. Don't you want to know how much I'm worth?"

"No it's you charm and your cunt that interest me."

Lydia giggled and said he was awful using that word (he'd found she used it when highly aroused during sex).

When Eddie arriving back at Middlemarch Lady Fisher invited him through for coffee.

"Elsie phoned to say the best arrangement would be for me to hire you and she'd sell us product at trade price. How much was she paying you?"

Eddie told her and Lady Fisher said that was the same figure Elsie had said. "Obviously you are honest. Well I'll double that figure and you work the hours you wish. Elsie said you'd already resigned anticipating I'd hire you."

"Yes, I thought you would see the sense in being my true boss because this is really a huge job."

"I know. I could hire a team of painters but then the locals would spread the word we appear to have come into money or something of that nature. Since you have already seduced my daughter who is at present out shopping, I have instructed Muriel to move you two into the premier guest suite that is quite close to the pool and the games room. It's actually called the eastern wing. Could you two not have sex in the pool because I also swim in that water every morning."

"Oh yes of course. Um what will be Lydia's reaction to being moved?"

"Total agreement I should think. She suggested it."

* * *

Eddie thought about his deepening relationship with Lydia. Well once you were having sex it must go deeper and that was not being flippant.

However, was he reading too much into it or was Lydia falling for him?

She had plenty of money apparently so in that case could afford to be choosey. And if the amount of money was huge and she decided to live with him indefinitely or even marry him, then presumable they could go to Scotland had use some of that money to buy a title for him and they could then travel round the world in luxury and be fêted as being um nobility.

Eddie shook his head and scolded, "Son you are dreaming. That woman is only giving you the time of day, and her pussy, because you are the only red-blooded man within easy reach. And you at home strutting with the rich and famous? Oh yeah?

He decided to stop thinking such rubbish as life with Lydia, or more accurate, a life on tour of England painting with Lydia. She was painting to appease her mother who didn't want English painters supplemented by non English-speaking foreigners in her home when she was living in it. Presumably a smiling Australian painter was acceptable because... well possibly because mother wore Elle Macpherson intimates and knew that Elle was a former Australian super model before turning to body beautiful fashion.

Eddie and Lydia painted steadily for five days a week and at the end of three weeks Lady Fisher said, "Well that is all the rooms we use done. It scarcely seems sensible opening the two wings we have used in years, does it?"

"No," Lydia and Eddie chorused.

As they finished clearing away Lydia said, "Let's have sex here; this room marks the end of our first joint project."

"What on the carpet," he said, stating the obvious because the room was completely unfurnished.

"Yes," she smiled, removing her paint-splatted overalls and protective headscarf and next to go were her panties.

Eddie was tentative because he was wondering not only was this the end of their first chapter but within hours they would find THE END had arrived to their relationship by mutual consent, although he'd not be the instigator.

He removed his overalls and when she saw what he had in his hand she complained, "That's a poor excuse for an erection."

"Sorry," he mumbled.

She looked concerned and hugged him and asked what was wrong.

"Coming to the end of this job when I hadn't expected such a sudden end has left me somewhat apprehensive."

"Look should I work this up for you and we talk about what next when we are resting?"

Eddie thought that was a good idea because her gentle coaxing was already having an excellent result.

Surprisingly, as far as post-lunch coitus goes it would have rated well, actually one of their best to date. They'd got into it slowly and rather wetly but when Eddie improved on the conventional missionary and lifted her bum by placing her lower legs over his shoulders to really get the long strokes plunging in deeply, Lydia bent her neck sharply and began licking her breasts and staring at Eddie with an intensity he'd not seen from her before.

He loved it.

She soon settled back and began rocking back at him and he assumed that was it. But oh no. She called a brief halt.

"I stopped taking contraception thirty days ago. Pull the condom off. I won't require you to use them when you are in my pussy."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely and don't withdraw when you are about to explode. This will be our new regime."

Eddie didn't last too long after that. The thought of streaming semen deep into the pussy of an attractive woman still of childbearing age was just too much.

And he really did exploded.

They ate alone that evening, Lydia's parents being out for dinner with old friends. The atmosphere was rather subdued, rather like the last meal at boarding school or leaving home for the final time.

Lydia had been acting twitchy so he joked, "Are you pregnant."

She replied haughtily, "That could take a very long time to achieve or perhaps I'm barren."

"Sorry."

"It's okay. I'm rather edgy, that's all. Where will you go?"

"I intend sticking to my original plan of heading across to Exeter, work there for a month or so and have a look around at weekends and then head north."

"Take me with you."

"Lydia please, that will be a nomad type of existence. It's not for you."

"How can you say that?"

"Sorry."

She fired, "Will you please stop saying sorry to me all the time."

He watched her lips quiver and thought so saying something twice is now akin to saying it all the time. Why not take her... she could abandon him when she became bored shitless."

"Okay then come with me. I'd like that, really like that."

Lydia flew around the corner of the table and hugged him and Eddie pushed out his chair and she sat on his lap crying, "Thank you, thank you."

In the morning Lydia not long after dawn Lydia left the bed to go to her mother to tell her the news.

"Good morning darling," said her mother, who was reading in bed. She removed her glasses and said, "I thought today's young people were always engaged in yet more sex at this time of day?"

Lydia kissed her mother and although mindful her father slept down the hall, said, "Aren't you thinking of people of your generation?"

Her mother smiled and threw back the covers and Lydia climbed in.

"Mother something wonderful has happened. Eddie has asked me to go with him on his working tour around England."

Her mother's face darkened.

* * *

Lydia was tearful and her mother was nowhere to be seen two days later when Eddie kissed Lydia goodbye and attempted to cheer her up saying, "Cheer up, these things happen. Families come first."

"She's such a bitch living here like a recluse and attempting to chain me to her."

Lady Fisher had been adamant, she wanted Lydia to stay and she was happy for Eddie to stay for as long as he wished but if Lydia left her Lady Fisher alleged she'd lose her desire to live and would surely die. Further no way did she wish Lydia to remarry.

Eddie told Lydia she was faced with a bummer of a choice and she had to make it alone. If she stayed he would visit in several months before leaving for Australia.

Lydia cried and pleaded with Eddie to stay but he said he was not prepared to be that generous in spirit. He found the weather and other things not to his liking and would prefer living back in Sydney.

"Home is where your mind is. Lydia think carefully, do you really think this is your home?"

"You are attempting to mentally seduce me when you promised you wouldn't."

"Sorry."

"Don't say sorry... you are always saying that."

"Eddie go walkies," he said in a childlike voice and Eddie went walkies to give Lydia space to think over her dilemma.

* * *

Eddie drove off heading southwest to Exeter where his mother's forebears had left for Australia some 160 years ago. He was saddened at Lydia's decision to stay with her mother but... well they were family. He wished Lydia had called in other close members of her family to sort of her mother and her appalling behavior to try to maintain her grip on to her daughter. He wondered if he'd left her pregnant. Well she had his email address.

The Australian headed for Southampton where he'd stay with a former friend whom his parents had billeted when he was in Sydney with a university rowing team.

Ray was now married with two small kids and worked as a quantity surveyor.

There was a noisy back-slapping reunion that scared the two under-five kids so it was more than an hour before they would come near the visitor. Mary the dark-haired wife was attractive and very friendly and kissed Eddie on the lips and said, "Ray told me you were a good-looking bastard in a rugged way."

"Um Australians used bastard in normal conversation dear but I didn't mean for you to repeat what I said verbatim," grinned her husband.

"Ray loved his time in Australia," Mary said. "We are talking about immigrating. If we did would you meet us because that would mean so much to us?"

"Yeah sure. Aussie needs more dark-headed beauties like you. In Sydney we are over-run by blondes."

"God you are such as charmer. I must invite my sister over for dinner. Her husband is in Greece at present.

Eddie wondered what that meant. Either Mary was being exceedingly optimistic in offering her sister or perhaps the sister was also thinking of moving to Australia. But did it matter? He was happy to reunite with Ray with the prospect of going with him to a pub and chewing over old times.

That happened. It was Saturday and at 4:00 Mary said, "Shouldn't you two be heading to the pub?"

Manfully clearing his throat Eddie said, "I really should be spending my time here with you all. I'll be heading off in the morning and..."

"Cut the crap Eddie," Mary smiled. "Off you go for a couple of pints. Do try to get my man home by 5:30 to help feed his children and put them to bed."

Eddie thought that both May and Ray would make great Australian citizens because they both were flexible and able to think beyond themselves.

He and Ray had a great time yarning with three of Ray's pals. All the guys loved the thought of doing what Eddie was doing, working his way around the country and driving his home with him.

At 5.20 Eddie said to Ray, "Come on pal we are due home."

Ray took a few seconds to comprehend and then said, "Oh Mary expects us to be late."

"I agreed to be home by 5:30."

"Right mate Australia rules. We're off guys."

Mary appeared astounded when they walked in at 5:32 but just smiled and didn't look at the clock.

"Sheba has said she wants you to put her to bed tonight Eddie."

It was Eddie's turn to look astounded.

"By why?"

"I have been telling her the things I recall Ray telling my about his great Australian adventure and that you were the best guy he met in Australia."

Eddie turned to look at Ray but he was apparently looking for fly spots on the ceiling.

"B-but I know nothing about little kids and anyway mothers don't trust there small children with men they don't know."

Mary said softly, "Another thing Ray told me you saved him from a real beating in an Aussie pub and when I asked why did you put yourself at risk Ray said you were the type of guy who'd stand by a cobber through thick and thin. Are you saying I'm so hollow I wouldn't have confidence in you after that high accolade?"

"I have no quarrel with your appraisal."

"Thank you. Anyway Carly is on the way over. Her real name is Charlotte but for god sake don't call her Charlotte. She will help you to put Sheba down. She's Sheba's godmother."

"Oh."

"She's not old if that's what you're thinking. She's in her mid-thirties."

"Oh."

"Eddie why have you closed down. You were revved up and so friendly and voluble when you arrived. Have we done something wrong?"

Ray came in, hearing the end of that conversation and said, "Come on mate, out with it."

"Babies."

"What?" Mary said, looking quite shocked. "What's wrong with our children."

"I-I'm shy of the little ones."

"Shy or scared?"

"Close to scared I suppose. I was handed a baby by a friend's wife once and if she hadn't reacted so instantly I would have dropped the wee critter."

Mary's manner changed abruptly. "Oh darling, you poor boy. That must have been a real scary experience for you. All you have to do with little ones is not to allow your concentration to wander. Um mother's mightn't like your calling them critters."

"Oh but little ones is okay?"

"Yes. Come with me. The kids are watching a cartoon. Now they are not really babies. Sheba is four and Adam is three. Meet Carly when she arrives Ray and that should be any time soon."

Mary told Eddie to sit on the sofa alongside Sheba. Adam was lying on the floor.

"Say hi to Uncle Eddie children."

Adam ignored his mother but Sheba said hi without taking her eyes off the screen. Then still looking at the screen she climbed on to Eddie's lap and lay back against him.

"Keep calm Eddie," Mary whispered, I've going out to the kitchen now."

"Fine," Eddie choked.

A few minutes later he caught a movement at the doorway and looked up, expecting it was Mary checking that he was okay. It was an older Mary look-alike with a silver streak through her dark hair.

"Hi Sheba."

"Hi Aunt Carly."

"Hi Adam."

There was no reply.

"Do I switch off TV Adam?"

"Hi Aunt Carly."

"Climb off Uncle Eddie's knee darling and kiss him. We want him out here to talk to us. You two can still watch TV."

Sheba climbed onto the sofa and leaned across to Eddie and gave him a slopping kiss on the cheek. "Remember you are putting me to bed and reading me a story."

"Yeah Sheba. You won't let me forget will you?"

She looked at him and smiled.

He thought Sheba was the greatest little kid he could ever recall meeting.

In the hallway Carly introduced herself and said, "Now it's my turn for a kiss.

She kissed him softly and beautifully and pressed into him.

He grabbed a tit and she purred, "Good boy. Are you fine with adultery?"

He hesitated and nodded and Carly looked nervous.

After ten minutes of foursome conversation Sheba arrived at the doorway into the living room and yawned. "I'm ready."

"Fine darling, Aunt Carly will help."

"Good but I want the story from Uncle Eddie."

Eddie said Sheba could pick the story.

"I want you to tell me a story your mummy told you."

"Okay it was my favorite, a story about how the kangaroos played a cricked match against the champion team of men from the Mimili Hotel."

"Eddie."

"It's okay Mary. My mother believed it was suitable for the ears of a young child."

"I know what a kangaroo is Eddie."

"Uncle Eddie please Sheba."

"Eddie?"

"Eddie is fine by me Sheba."

"See mummy. Eddie says it's okay."

After everyone pitched in to clear away after dinner, the two couples played cards for more than an hour and then Mary said, "Well Ray and I are off to bed. Eddie it's okay if you wish to escort Carly home. Perhaps we'll all meet up for a picnic in the New Forest National Park, our usual spot Carly. You might like to take Eddie around the Old Town in the morning."

When Ray and Mary left the room Eddie sighed and Carly asked, "What?"

"Is this a good idea?"

Now she hesitated before saying whatever he decided she would accept.

"I believe this situation has arisen because Mary has over-acted the part of hostess."

Carly nodded and said Mary tended to sometimes go over the top.

"And if you hadn't been on hand she might have even offered herself, thinking I was a poor lonely Aussie a long, long way from home and she was grateful that I'd been so good to Ray in Australia whom she was dating in those days."

"Well yes, perhaps. Um it's not because I don't like you."

"But it's adultery and there is such a thing as loyalty to one's spouse."

She smiled and said yes that was exactly it and he said he'd never knowingly committed adultery.

She said she must go and they kissed beside her car like old friends.

Carly closed the door and wound down the window.

"Thanks for letting me off the hook. Um I expect I would have enjoyed it."

"But then later your conscience would have kicked in."

"Yes," she smiled and drove off with a wave.

Eddie returned inside and knocked on the bedroom door. Mary called to wait a minute and then said okay and Eddie went in to find Ray on his back and Mary sitting with her back against the headboard looking very red-faced with her hair in a mess.

"Whoops sorry," Eddie smiled.

Ray chuckled, "It's okay cobber, you mightn't be aware but married couples still do it."

"Yes it's quite all right Eddie. Is something wrong?"

"Not really. We both got cold feet as soon as you two left us."

"Oh such a shame," Mary cried.

"No we were both relieved we chickened out and I feel very comfortable about it."

They talked for a few minutes and then Eddie said, "Listen guys, thanks for your hospitality and it's lovely to confirm we have a real friendship going. Ray often told me in Australian you and I would really like each other Mary. Look I'll push on tonight and camp off-road somewhere when I get tired. I'll contact you before I leave for home and will look after you if you decide to make Australia your new home. I'll introduce the kids to kangaroos in the wild."

He left fifteen minutes later, Mary crying as she kissed him with the type of kiss Eddie would remember for a day or two. His back felt tender after the backslapping farewell he and Ray engaged in and he drove off feeling very happy.

* * *

On his third day in Exeter Eddie answered a morning newspaper advertisement and half an hour later was signed up and being taken by the painting contractor to join a gang of two painting the interior of a three-level office building.

"We are behind with this job and the building owner is fending off complaints from tenants about the continued disruption," said Norman, as they drove through the rather attractive river city.

Norman introduced Eddie to Mick and Patrick who were told the new guy would start immediately.