Panties

Story Info
What is it about them?
1.4k words
4.36
30.5k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TonyDowse
TonyDowse
225 Followers

This short piece was prompted by the generous praise of a thoughtful reader of my story - 'TRACEY' - in the course of which he made an indirect reference to not only his personal preferences and fantasies but also the difficulties one can come across in trying to fulfil them.

*

Why is it that most women will either smile or snigger with obvious amusement or embarrassment whenever this word happens to be mentioned in mixed company? Perhaps it's actually because we men - I mean those of us to whom this is the single most important item of feminine apparel - fail to ever fully explain either our feelings, or how powerfully we can be affected by a beautifully filled pair of thoughtfully chosen panties.

Well, I for one, will do my best to rectify that - partly in the hope that the word will spread, and if it does, then perhaps that will be to the benefit of, if not me, then many other men with similar tastes.

'Panties' - what a vast array of types of undergarments spring to mind when that word is even thought of. What styles, fabrics, colours come to mind. What images - perhaps a particular pair that was only ever seen just that once - perhaps a favourite pair that your partner unknowingly slips on from time to time - perhaps something you saw in a catalogue - or on display in the window of a lingerie shop. Or maybe a pair that was purely the result of your own, far too fertile imaginings.

And of course I doubt that any two men will instantly agree as to what the ultimate pair of panties should actually look like. To a 'transparent nylon' man the very idea of 'pure cotton' seems totally abhorrent. Yet to another those slinkily pristine white panties may signal, 'virgin', and to him, oftentimes no matter who is wearing them, that image will always remain the most arousingly powerful.

Women - or at least the designers who produce things for them - do seem to understand at least that much; using a vast array of silks, laces, nylon and many other things in their manufacture. Not to mention the ribbons, notions and bows they often use for artistic or dramatic adornment, or even the cheekily daring words or pictures they sometimes add. But, nagging away at the back of my mind is still the question that comes up whenever women's clothes are mentioned. Do women dress for their men, or is all that effort, time and money really spent for the benefit of themselves, or - even with straight women - to impress other women?

But, whether it's actually for our benefit or not - and whether it's cotton, or lace, or nylon, or silk - or any other particularly personal favourite - most of us, most of the time, can quickly get turned on by even the briefest glimpse of our partner's - (or someone else's!) - delightfully erotic pair of panties.

And in spite of their signals to the contrary I am sure that women do in fact actually know that - after all most of them learn it early in that first year or so at school - learn that the one thing a 'nice girl' doesn't do is let some spotty boy get a look up under her skirt...

Perhaps therein lies the answer - that subconsciously they still recall that early instruction!

But, given that most women have subsequently also learned to enjoy the sex act, and especially the lead-up and foreplay, why on earth don't they actually more fully exploit that presumably well-known weakness that many of we men have?

But, as I said at the beginning, perhaps it's actually all our own fault - perhaps we have failed to demonstrate by word, deed or action just how quickly and strongly our passions can be ignited by just the briefest of glimpses.

Of course if we are going to change that we first need to be sure of what we each actually like, that means analysing what really turns us on - and from here on I know there'll be dissent, our tastes are too individualistic for there not to be...

There are just so many styles to choose from, and this is not the place to even attempt to list them, that is something the individual must decide for himself. But when it comes to the panties I prefer it's not just the style or fabric that are the keys to their allure - certainly there are those - but there is also the matter of the fit.

I personally like the panties to fit the crotch, snugly; but that doesn't mean tightly - the craze for the 'thong' is not for me: like pantyhose, reminding me of nothing more than a modern-day version of the chastity belt! So, whatever their fabric, design or colour I like to be able to see the natural shape of what's hidden beneath.

For me the 'Mons Veneris' (Mount of Venus) has been perfectly named - overlooking as it does the site that is frequently quite central to so many of our physical joys - and so my perfect woman will have a mound that is both large, and prominent. Many otherwise quite attractive women unfortunately don't, their mounds are either too narrow or simply too unpronounced.

So, if she has a genuine 'Mount of Venus' whatever is chosen to cover it should do so with care, regard and perhaps even a touch of reverential respect - not to mention pure seductive sensuality. And, as I've said, whatever design the rest of the panties have been cut to, that portion of the panties should fit the mound snugly, but still allow me to see the outline of both its size and its shape.

Of course being men, once we do see that we are unable to resist imagining the details of what lies beneath - and once again we step into the realm of personal tastes. Long gone are the days when a woman had only what nature had decreed; these days her pubic area can be bushy, bald, or almost anything in between - when it comes to the amount and styling the variations are, like the styles of the panties themselves, too numerous to mention.

However, my personal tastes run to a neatly trimmed mat; a curving top edge can subtly and erotically accentuate that of the mound - and I find a well-maintained heart-shape to be positively romantic! But I can understand that many men prefer little or nothing - for one thing it avoids the problem of having to pick hair from your teeth! - not to mention that hint of long-ago, youthful virginity...

But even in the matter of hair or no-hair, the panties can of course play their part - at least as far as I am concerned - whether fully or partially transparent, a see-through panel can do wonders for both my immediate excitement and, ultimately, for my potency.

However, even if wearing an otherwise absolutely perfect pair of panties, if the woman herself does not do so with confidence and a clear understanding of the effect she and they could have on her partner, it has all been in vain. One woman lying, apparently reading or resting, with something 'on show', can make herself extraordinarily seductive, while another can be as sexually arousing as a log! Some women seem to be born with a deeply innate sensuality, others, unfortunately, are not.

However, if a woman sincerely wishes to please her man she will usually make very real efforts to do so - and that is where we men have a part to play.

As with all things to do with sex - not to mention most other parts of our lives - if the other person is receiving zero feedback how on earth can we expect them to either change, or repeat their actions? If a woman, even accidentally does something you find arousing - tell her! If by making minor changes you believe she could do so - suggest it!

You have nothing to lose, and a vastly improved sex-life to gain.

Then, as the communication between you builds, get a little more forthright, a little more daring - make suggestions, try things out, you might find you have tapped into something even she didn't know about herself!

So, as always in these matters; be tactful, be patient, but say it! You might be surprised by the results, I certainly hope so...

TonyDowse
TonyDowse
225 Followers