Parisian Nights

Story Info
La grande seduction in la Ville-Lumière.
9.2k words
4.55
11.6k
6
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The echo of designer heels clicking across polished granite tiles pierced the silence of the building lobby. It was the confident stride of a young woman who to look at her, exuded contemporary class and an urban sophistication. She stepped into the elevator as the doors slid open and with a perfectly manicured finger, pushed the button for the twenty-fourth floor.

Everyone in the open-plan office greeted her as she sauntered past countless bays of fashionably clad employees. Amy in turn wished each of them a good morning, never once forgetting any of their names. The women wore skirts and heels, the men, shirts and brogues. Looking good wasn't a requirement here, but it was expected of them.

"Good morning, Clarissa," said Amy as she arrived at the imposing oak door of the corner office.

"Good morning, miss Faye," chirped Clarissa. "You can go straight in, she's expecting you."

Emelia looked up from her laptop as the door to her office opened and Amy slipped inside. She raised her hand and motioned for her to come in and sit down as she continued her phone call.

"No, he didn't get an invite. He's a pompous, opinionated prick who doesn't know the difference between couture and cardigan."

Amy loved the sassy attitude of her boss, there was a reason why everyone in the fashion industry both loved, and at the same time feared her. She smiled to herself as she placed her sky blue Saint Laurent handbag on a chair next to a samples clothing rack. Working at Moda had its perks, the samples alone were worth more than a fifth avenue condo.

"Listen, I have to go, darling, someone important has just walked in," replied Emelia in a dismissive tone into the handset. An amused Amy raised an eyebrow as she settled into the seat. Her boss sighed as she replaced the phone and slumped back into her plush office chair.

A smirk spread across Amy's lips as the most impressive list of curse words she'd ever heard, flowed effortlessly from Emelia's mouth. She was astonished at the truly magnificent feat of verbal filth. Experience had taught her that Em only swore when she was really angry, or particularly stressed out about something.

"I think you might have missed one," Amy said quietly to try and lighten the mood. "Bad morning?"

"Oh, don't get me started," Emelia replied, as she held up a finger.

"Clarissa, sweetie," she said into the intercom unit on her desk. "Could you bring us two espressos please? Thank you." She turned back to her assistant editor and just smiled.

"You okay, Em?"

"I'm fine, sweetie. How are you?" she replied cheerfully. "How did your date go on Saturday?"

"Who told you about that?" Amy was shocked that her boss was privy to that particular piece of information, but she shouldn't really be surprised. Every scrap of gossip made it's way through this office at some point.

"Grapevine, darling. You know how it is." Emelia picked up her Mont Blanc pen and started to nibble on the glossy black lid. "Well? Did you do the deed of darkness?"

"Jesus, Em," Amy mumbled, embarrassed. "If you must know, we didn't even make it back to my place. He also conveniently forgot to pick up his wallet when he left the house. I feel like a right idiot, I went to a lot of trouble to get a booking for that restaurant."

"Urgh. Men are pigs!" Emelia spat out, before looking apologetic. "I'm sorry, sweetie. I know it's not been that long since you and Lincoln broke up."

"It's fine," Amy sighed. "I'm giving up on men. I think I'll just become a lesbian instead."

Emelia was still laughing when the door to the office flew open and Clarissa tottered in carrying two small coffees on a silver tray.

"Here you go, miss Lake. I'll just leave these here for you," she said cheerfully as she placed the tray down on the mahogany side table and made a sharp exit.

"I'll have you know that seventy-two percent of men try harder in the bedroom because of small romantic gestures, it's a fact. Three hundred dollars that meal cost!"

"Amy, that was printed in our magazine, and we made it up." Emelia took off her rimless glasses and placed them softly on the desk. "Listen, darling, I need to ask you a favour."

Amy knew that meant trouble. It was probably the reason for the small talk, to try and soften her up. She grimaced in anticipation of the question as she gazed out of the high-rise windows across the corner of 8th avenue and west 57th street. The February rain streaked the tall panes of glass and blurred the view of the monochromatic concrete metropolis.

"I'm really not in the mood, Em."

"Sweetie, it's a dire emergency. I need you to head home and pack a bag." As the words sank in, Amy's eyes widened and she sat bolt up right in her seat.

"Don't you dare!" she gasped. "This is the first vacation I've had in three years, it's all booked. My mum is expecting me, it's her birthday. The whole family will be there."

"I know, I know. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important. There's been a major cock-up and Jenny is stuck in Rio, I need you to do the Tom Ford interview."

"In Paris? Em, don't do this to me!" she pleaded. "There must be someone else who can do it."

"There's not, I've tried everyone. Sally is in Fiji on her honeymoon to whatshisface, and Joanna is having her appendix out. Don't make me beg, sweetie. I'll get down on my knees."

"You should be used to it," Amy mumbled.

"I heard that," her boss replied. "Come on, it'll be two days, tops. It's the feature piece for our Spring special edition, we need it."

Amy huffed dejectedly, before caving into the comically large grin plastered across Emelia's face. "All right, but I'm flying first class."

"Fine, fine. Whatever you want, darling."

"And I'm staying in a posh hotel."

"I don't care if you stay in the Palace of Versailles as long as you get the interview done."

"Fine," Amy replied as she stood and walked over to collect her handbag from the chair, "but you owe me one."

Emelia made a 'mwah' kissing sound from behind her, "Thank you, sweetie! I'll email you all the details now."

Amy stepped out of the office, clicked the door closed behind her and slumped back against it, "My mum's going to kill me."

***

The hypnotic drone of the engines prevented Amy from sleeping. Even in the luxurious first class of the Boeing 767, the dull rumble was enough to keep her awake. All of the ambient lighting had been dimmed to allow the passengers to sleep, so Amy flicked on the overhead reading light and reached into her bag for her book. The flight had been delayed an hour due to bad weather, and that had given her some time to peruse the shops at JFK departures lounge. She'd picked up a travel guide to Paris in Borders and was now flicking through the introduction.

"Paris has many nicknames," she read quietly to herself, "such as 'The City of Love', but its most famous is 'La Ville-Lumière' meaning 'The City of Light'."

Amy had never been to Paris before, so although she felt terrible about having to let her mother down, it was still an exciting adventure. As she skimmed through a section on the best shopping districts in the city, she became distracted by a young honeymoon couple making out on the other side of the isle. The cabin was dimly lit and very quiet, she wondered if anyone else was watching the little show that these two were putting on. Just as they started to get a little too amorous for discretion, they stood up, straightened their clothing, and sheepishly made their way to the bathroom at the front of the galley. Amy puffed her cheeks and blew out a frustrated sigh as she returned to her book. Sometimes it felt like everyone was having sex but her.

The plane landed at Charles de Gaulle airport on time, and she made her way through customs, then luggage collection, and finally out onto the street. Outside the air was biting cold, sharp even. The sky overcast, but flawless. It took her barely a minute to hail a taxi down, and as she settled into the warm back seat of the Mercedes C-Class, the driver loaded her suitcase into the trunk.

"Hotel Le Meurice, s'il vous plait," she said, as he climbed back into the car. She'd been practicing that line for the last twenty minutes and was pleased with herself for totally nailing it.

"Oui, madame," replied the driver as they pulled away from the curb.

***

The quiet tap of keys on a laptop keyboard was the only sound that could be heard, everything else was silent and peaceful. Amy was sat in her hotel room at a large mahogany writing desk, typing up the last section of the article for the magazine. The interview had gone much better than she had expected. Tom had been very receptive to her questions and the material for the feature piece was outstanding. Amy smiled as she glided her finger across the trackpad to the 'Send' button and clicked it with relish. She knew Emelia would be pleased, hell, she'd be over the moon with it.

As Amy absentmindedly nibbled on the lid of her pen, she turned in her chair and glanced around the room. To say it was luxurious would be an understatement, this place could put The Plaza to shame. At nearly seven-hundred euros per night, Amy knew she'd pushed it a little, but you have to treat yourself every once in a while. Especially when someone else is paying.

The room looked like the fantasy of an interior decorator with an unlimited budget. Every colour and material used exuded the charm of classic French Louis XVI style. Antique furniture was draped luxuriously with expensive, elegant fabrics. It captured the essence of what she had always perceived to be Parisian luxury at its finest. Even the antique brass wall lanterns were so ornate and elaborate, that she wished she could fit one of them into her suitcase for the flight back. Time just seemed to stop amid the tranquil atmosphere and elegantly muted palette winter colours. Unfortunately, Amy's daydream of eighteenth century opulence was interrupted by the electronic chirping of her mobile phone sat on the coffee table.

"Hello?"

"Madam Faye?" A female voice on the other end of the line asked.

"Yes," Amy replied.

"This is Nicole, your customer liaison from American Airlines. I'm just ringing to inform you of the cancellation of your flight."

"Cancellation? What do you mean 'cancellation'?" This didn't sound good.

"All flights have been cancelled, madam. The snow is causing disruption on the runways," she explained. "If you check our website, regular updates will be posted on there." Whilst the woman was ploughing through a script she would have to repeat hundreds of times today, Amy strolled over to the large window and took her first look outside for several hours. A flurry of big, soft snowflakes were blowing around lazily in the icy cold afternoon air.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!"

"Madam?"

"Oh. Sorry, yes that's fine. I'll keep an eye on the website," replied Amy before hanging up quickly and sitting back down at her laptop. Flicking through the latest updates on the site as Nicole had suggested, it appeared mother nature had decided to push a cold-core low pressure system over western Europe. Four inches of snow had dropped on Charles de Gaulle airport in the last few of hours.

"Well that's just effing brilliant," she sighed, and slumped back into the plush padded chair.

***

Dressed in a clingy little black number, a must-have in any woman's travel case, Amy strolled slowly through the classy marble and tiled mosaic atrium area of the hotel's inner courtyard. She took in every detail of the opulent building as she made her way across the terrace. The lavish decorations, the eastern mosaics, even the antique scroll-work moldings; the place was more akin to a palace than a hotel.

Large, extraordinarily complex crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling of the bar in a classic touch of French refinement. Rich, crimson brocade drapes with golden tassels framed the tall, Parisian windows. Deep, chestnut coloured leather armchairs sat in front of marble-topped mahogany tables, each sporting a small lamp which created a soft, warm glow around the room. The candles which burned amid the candied dates and figs placed for the guests to indulge themselves, infused the air with a wealthy extravagance she had never before experienced. As Amy sauntered to the bar, she admired the beautifully frescoed walls, framed between dark-wood panels and bevelled glass Fleur-de-lis wall sconces. The panorama of scenes from ages past transformed the bar into an art gallery.

She placed her clutch bag on the polished bar-top and settled into a comfy stool. Alone in a bar on Valentine's Day, it hadn't even occurred to her that it was the fourteenth until she'd checked her Facebook page earlier. 'That pretty much sums it up,' she thought to herself as the impeccably dressed and attentive barman stepped up.

"Bonsoir, mademoiselle," he greeted her with a slight nod of his head.

"Bonsoir. Je voudrais..."

"I speak English, mademoiselle," he replied quickly but quietly. Clearly this was to save her the embarrassment of a fumbled translation.

"Oh, great," Amy said, breathing a sigh of relief. "Can I get a Manhattan with an orange twist please?"

"Certainement."

As she watched the older gentleman begin to pour the whiskey, sweet vermouth and Angostura bitters into a cocktail shaker, her phone began to ring in her bag. In the quiet solitude of the spacious room, it sounded much too loud and discourteous. Amy removed it as quickly as she could and pressed it to her ear with an apologetic glance at the bartender.

"You know I'm snowed in, right?" she whispered loudly as she answered Emelia's call.

"I just heard, darling. I am sorry. Being stuck in Paris, how awful."

"I'm not laughing, Em. My mum is going to freak out."

"What can I say, darling? Best to make the most of it. I'm ringing about the article."

"Yes, yes," she replied, "I emailed it to you earlier."

"I know, I've read it. It's absolutely fabulous, sweetie!" she replied. "That's exactly why I made you assistant editor, you know. You have an eye for this thing. You are a gem."

"You just remember that," Amy whispered as the bartender stopped rattling the polished silver cocktail shaker and poured her drink.

"I will, darling. So, what are you up to?"

"Just sat in the bar, having a cocktail," she replied.

"No, no, no. Amy, you are in Gay Paree!" shouted Emelia enthusiastically over the phone. Amy imagined her sat at her desk, waving her arms around dramatically. "I know it's covered in snow, but isn't there something you can do?"

That is when she saw his reflection in the bevelled mirror at the back of the bar. In he walked, ruffling the collar of his coat and disturbing the gentle dusting of white snowflakes from his charcoal jacket. Her eyes were drawn to the tall, dark stranger that had just strolled in from the hotel lobby. Muscular and handsome, he was impeccably dressed in an expensive, charcoal woollen suit jacket. With a quick glance around the room, he looked over to where she was sat and began to walk towards the bar.

"Em, I've got to go. Speak later," Amy hurriedly replied before hanging up and stuffing the phone back into the bag.

"Un verre de Pinot noir, s'il vous plaît," the stranger said to the bartender. Amy didn't move a muscle, she just twirled the base of her chilled cocktail glass slowly and kept her eyes aimed at the myriad of exotic spirits lining the back of the bar. He turned to Amy and smiled a hello, "Bonsoir, mademoiselle."

"Bonsoir," she replied, turning and smiling sweetly as he pulled out the stool and sat next to her. Just as he settled into the leather seat, Amy caught him gazing just a little too long at the exposed flesh of her thigh. His eyes seemed to linger there before raking slowly over the rest of her body, as if he was sizing her up. The hem of her short dress had ridden up as she'd sat down. With a subtle cough and a casual wiggle of her bottom, she shimmied the fabric back down.

"C'est calme ici ce soir."

Amy just smiled as he lent one elbow on the bar. She had no idea what he had just said to her, but she didn't really care. That accent, she fucking adored that accent. It rolled off his tongue like a droplet of some sweet nectar. It felt like wrapping your naked body in the finest Italian silk, so smooth and sensual.

"Erm, oui?" she replied, but thought better of trying to fake her comprehension. "I'm sorry, I don't speak much French."

"Ah, you are American?" Amy nodded an affirmative. "I said that it is quiet in here tonight."

Amy hadn't really noticed, but as she twisted in her seat and glanced around the bar, they were in fact the only two people there.

"My name is Michael," he continued, offering his hand.

"Amy," she replied, as her small hand became buried in his warm, soft palm, "Nice to meet you."

His thumb stroked softly over the back of her hand as he smiled. Amy smiled back and gave away no reaction to his obvious flirting. Her exterior was calm and collected with no indication that on the inside, she was as flustered as a schoolgirl who'd just found herself in the same room as her favourite boy band. He was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. They weren't boyish good looks, but rather a rugged, masculine allure that wound around the taut strands of lust within her chest and squeezed. A hot flutter ran through her pricked skin as he smiled. A cocktail of chemicals surged through her body causing effects she was powerless to prevent. The delicate flush of her cheeks, her rapid heartbeat, a sudden unquenchable thirst. He released her hand and took a sip from the glass of red wine that had been placed in front of him.

"Where are you from, Amy?" Taken aback a little by his forwardness, it took her a moment to compose herself and reply.

"New York. I'm an assistant editor for a fashion magazine called Moda."

"Ah, so you must be in town for the Spring Fashion Show then."

"That's right," she replied, impressed with his deductive skills, "How did you know?"

"I am also, I'm a fashion photographer. I live in Marseille, but I am stuck here until the snow clears. Fortunately there is no rush."

Discovering they work in the same industry opened up all sorts of doors, Amy found that they suddenly had much to talk about. Just as they were getting engrossed in work-talk, Michael stood up and offered her his hand.

"Would you like to get a table?" he asked. "Join me for something to eat?"

They ordered the most expensive dishes they could find on the Michelin starred menu, and talked for hours until the sun set. Dusk cast a glorious, warm golden glow in the patio atrium that adjoined the bar. Michael smiled when she talked, he laughed at her jokes, she found him utterly charming in every way. Amy even confided in him about Lincoln and their recent parting. She found it sweet that he so animatedly rebuked the man for ever straying from, "such a beautiful creature".

Her eyes were transfixed on his chiselled jaw line and rough stubble. She watch longingly as he took a sip from a glass of water, letting a half-melted ice cube roll around his tongue until it melted. That's how she felt when he looked at her, as if the heat of his gaze was slowly melting the clothes from her body. Amy knew he had spent the last couple of hours mentally undressing her. As the conversation moved towards modelling and fashion photography, his hand slid slowly across the crisp white table cloth towards hers.

"If you ever wish to try it, I think you would make a wonderful model."

In the time it took his index finger to trace sensuously along the length of her thumb, her cheeks had flushed a bright cerise. Michael stood up and moved over to the chair next to hers. As he sat himself down, his heady cologne drifted across to her. It was sweet yet musky, a scent which had been warmed by his body. It was how a man should smell. Amy salivated at the naughty thoughts tumbling out of control through her mind.