Past Lives Revisited

Story Info
A couple explore past and possible future lifetimes by hypnosis.
14.9k words
4.18
14.8k
4
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Is this our only lifetime or do we have others? Have we had others? Many people think so. Under hypnosis and by other means, people have recalled what they call past lifetimes, many of the details from these being historically verifiable. There are reports of many déjà vu experiences, where a person knows people and/or places that they have never physically met or visited in this present lifetime. However, there are many others who believe that we're here for a while then there's nothing. I'm not going to judge one against the other or to try to analyse whether one viewpoint is more likely to be true than the other.

But what if we did have many lifetimes? And what if we could choose what we did in these lifetimes? Who we were? Where we live? Who we meet? What would we choose? What would you choose?

Many therapists use past lifetime experiences under some form of hypnosis to help clients resolve problems they have in their present lives. For example, from my own experience, dealing with chronic back pain in a past lifetime enabled me to heal that in the present. Several of my past lifetimes have involved ships and in several I have drowned. By revisiting these episodes in my past lifetimes I have successfully healed my fear of drowning and also explained my love of boats and the sea in my present lifetime. Very often it is the viewing of the manner in which we died in a previous life and the releasing of emotions that surrounded this experience that enable us to move on in the present life.

The consciousness of past lifetimes may also come through during hypnosis. I know of three women who have claimed to be Cleopatra in previous lifetimes; clearly this is highly unlikely. Yet if they had lived in the time of Cleopatra, it is very possible that the strong Cleopatra consciousness that existed at that time could have colored their memories of that time. Therefore while the visiting of past lifetimes under hypnosis is a valuable therapeutic tool, the visits are not necessarily accurate or factually correct. Nor do they need to be in a therapeutic sense; if the revisiting is beneficial to the healing of the person, then that aim is achieved and that is sufficient.

If we are able to experience past lifetimes, and if, as many people believe, time is simply a construct to prevent everything from happening at once, and if, as many people also believe, it is theoretically possible to move through time at will, then theoretically we could experience future lifetimes now. So we could preview what we choose for a future lifetime by experiencing it under hypnosis in our current reality. However, it is likely that in this case what we experience is simply one of an infinite range of possibilities available to us.

This is a story about a couple who believed this; believed they could experience both past and future lifetimes now, and believed they could choose to experience highlights of these lifetimes then return to the present.

This story is fiction but several of the past and future lifetime experiences described in this story are based on my own personal experiences of past and future lifetimes which I have visited while under a form of hypnosis. None of the characters are intended to portray any real person from any lifetime. Enjoy.

******************************

Tom negotiated the twisting road, struggling to take in the views of craggy rocks and breaking surf as they approached their weekend accommodation. Julie, his wife of six years, sat by his side, eyes glued to the road as she nervously watched each and every corner. Another few miles and they arrived at the cottage, set in an isolated natural alcove against the towering cliffs, the sea close by their feet as it pounded against the rocks, sending spume flying upwards almost to the height of the ledge where the cottage was situated.

"What an amazing place," said Julie breathlessly, watching yet another giant roller from the Pacific smash itself to pieces on the rocks. "Just the sheer power of the waves is awe inspiring."

"Yes," agreed Tom, "So powerful, so incredible. What a great place to spend a couple of days exploring time, space and us."

They watched, entranced by the regular booming of the surf, before eventually walking inside and unpacking their bags in the single room. There was a kitchen in one corner, a basic but comfortable couch and reclining chairs looking out through the glass sliding doors, across the deck to the ocean, and a large, comfortable-looking bed in the far corner. Bathroom facilities were in a second small room on the wall furthest from the sea.

As Tom sat in one chair while Julie made some coffee, he thought about why they were here, reviewing the hypnotherapy courses they'd taken during the past few years with the express aim of allowing them to visit past lifetimes. They'd had some fascinating adventures, he recalled, and as they relived these he had noticed how each past lifetime he'd visited had seemed so real. He recalled almost getting lost in one, a journey to medieval China, and how concerned Julie had been when he'd stopped responding to her voiced suggestions and she'd been only able to bring him back to the present over a long period of time and with great difficulty. It had only been with very great reluctance that he'd managed to release himself from the hold that time period had on him and allow himself to return to the present day. It certainly had seemed so real to him then, easily as real as he felt in his current body. His body, he reflected, was probably simply an unnecessary burden in any exploration of past lives.

As Julie waited for the kettle to boil she also recalled some of her previous adventures into past lifetimes. She remembered vividly her experience as a deck hand on a sailing ship in the 17th century and her fall from the rigging to her death by drowning in a wind-whipped ocean, very like the one out the window. She shuddered involuntarily. She also recalled her panic when she had found it almost impossible to bring Tom back from his adventures in China and hoped there would be no repeat of this during their explorations this weekend. She poured the coffee and took the two mugs to the lounge, where Tom indicated she should sit on his lap, something they both really liked doing even after six years of marriage.

"So, are you ready for some more adventures?" asked Tom.

"Oh, yes, and also I'm ready for some love making with my favorite husband," she replied.

He sat back a little way from her. "You have more than one?" he asked.

"Well, I guess I've had lots of them in past lives, as well as lots of wives when I was a male, but you're the only one I have who has a body right now, and it's the body that I'm looking forward to exploring this weekend too." She bent forward and kissed him passionately. "I don't know why, just the power of the waves on the rocks makes me feel sexy. Maybe the water thumping on the cliffs makes me think of something else thumping somewhere else."

"Well, I'm sure we'll find time for that too. Do you want first trip or do you want to send me away for a bit?"

"I want you to go on your trip first. I do enjoy watching you when you visit past lifetimes and your present day body often responds as your past lifetime body would. Remember how sexy you felt that time when you were in a harem? Remember how great our lovemaking was after you returned?"

Tom grinned. "Yes, that was wonderful, just as wonderful as you were after you'd returned from your courtesan lifetime in 18th century France. God you learnt some tricks from that lifetime."

"Yeah, true. But what I'm really looking forward to is travelling to future lifetimes. All I can remember physically is being a woman, so I want to experience being a man in a few lifetimes this weekend."

"Yes, and I want to be a woman. I want to feel the sensations of having a large cock pushed into my willing vagina, of being able to have endless orgasms like you women can."

"Ooohh, sounds lovely, but really it's overrated. What I'm looking forward to most is the feeling of hot cum spurting out of my cock inside some luscious woman. Isn't it a shame that all these memories seem to be erased from our conscious minds between lifetimes?"

"Yes, it's certainly a pity, but I guess it means we can feel these again anew each lifetime. Otherwise we'd be carrying far too much baggage with us into each life, which would certainly weigh us down and prevent us from experiencing it all freshly. We'd have expectations, which we now don't have to begin with in each lifetime. It should be a great weekend."

An hour later Tom and Julie had finished their coffee, been for a walk as far down the rugged trail as they felt it was safe to travel with the huge ocean waves pounding so close to their feet, and were relaxing on the bed. It had always been their practice to make love with each other before embarking on a past life journey and today was no exception. This love-making and connecting with each other at all levels seemed to establish excellent rapport and develop the necessary trust in each other that was required when you placed your consciousness in the hands of another.

Julie was wearing her thong and brief bra and Tom a pair of brief undershorts as they hugged and kissed each other, Tom's erect cock pressing through the thin fabric against Julie's lower abdomen. He reached up and introduced his hand beneath her bra, cupping her left breast and playing gently with the nipple. In reply Julie reached into his briefs and cupped his balls, alternately pushing them upwards into their sockets, then pulling them downwards. Tom rolled her onto her back, then undid her front-fastening bra and lifted the cups off her breasts.

"Geez, you're a sexy vixen," he whispered into her ear. "I don't care what my future lifetime is so long as you're there with me."

"Yeah, except I might be a slave girl and you a princess, who knows? Or I'll be a prisoner and you my torturer. Guess you might just like that too," she giggled. "Just because we're together at the same time doesn't mean we'll get to do anything fun. Guess we just have to make the most of what we have right now."

"Guess so," he replied, kissing her nipples alternately as he thrust his fabric-covered cock against her covered pussy. "Time to play, methinks."

He stood up and removed his shorts, allowing his cock to spring free, then pulled her panties down and off her feet. They looked at each other's familiar naked bodies for what seemed to be a long time.

"I could watch you forever," he said softly.

"No you couldn't," she replied, spreading and bending her legs, "I'd be jumping your bones long before forever even started. Come and make love to be, loverboy."

Tom needed no further invitation and knelt between her knees, rubbing his fingers through her gooey trench and playing with her nipples.

"Ooohhh, yes, you waitin' for a written invite? Shove him in me now, darlin'."

Tom loved it when his wife talked dirty and his cock gave an additional lurch as he reached for the pillows and pushed them under her ass, raising her hips invitingly towards him. He simply had to lean forward and push his cock downwards slightly and he was perfectly aligned and slid all the way inside her drooling vagina.

Julie stopped breathing as she felt his cock run its way inside, then let out her breath as a soft moan, wrapping her arms around his back and drawing him downwards further onto her. They kissed breathlessly.

"Oh, I love you sweetheart," she whispered in his ear once her mouth was released.

"Mmmm, and I love you too, darling."

They began gently moving against each other, slowly but surely bringing each other towards higher and higher plains of arousal until after nearly fifteen minutes both were approaching the point of no return. Tom sped up his thrusting as Julie thrust back harder, seeking the stimulation in her clit that she so enjoyed. After only a few more thrusts like this Tom bent backwards as he thrust as far as he could into Julie and came hard, his copious hot cum spurting into the end of her vagina.

Julie let out a scream of ecstasy and began writhing beneath Tom, rubbing her clit against his hard body as her intense orgasm washed over her, taking her to other places, other times, then bringing her gradually back to the present as her breathing deepened and she began to relax, feeling Tom's sperm oozing out of her opening as his cock slowly deflated. They lay together for several minutes, kissing and cuddling, before they separated, rubbed each other down with a towel, talking of inconsequential things before walking naked to the kitchen bench where they poured themselves glasses of the beautifully tasting water from the rainwater tank.

"That's always so loving, so affirming, so relaxing," said Tom. "It's so easy to do the mind and time travel after making love because we seem to trust each other more."

"Yes, I agree. You ready?"

"Sure am," agreed Tom, taking cushions from the couch and setting them on the floor before covering them with towels. "We're fortunate that it's a warm day today and we can do this naked. It feels so much freer than when we're clothed."

"Yes, we are fortunate. It's so much easier when we're naked, almost as though removing clothing and being exposed physically allows us to be exposed mentally and spiritually as well. Now, darling, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths."

"So first off can we just go wherever we feel the need to go; to allow whatever lifetime, past or future, to just be here rather than directing us to go anywhere in particular? There'll be time for direction later."

"Sounds good to me," agreed Julie.

With practised ease Tom put Julie into a mild trance before asking her to go to another time. Julie's breathing changed as his mind and soul divorced themselves from his physical body and drifted, seeking another time and place that was calling to her. Once he made the connection with this time and place, his breathing changed again, taking on the breathing of the person he was in that lifetime.

*******************************

I felt myself drifting in time and space, saw endless possibilities for lifetimes unlived through aeons of time unspent until it felt like I was sucked into a vortex and I seemed to enter the body of a woman. As was our habit, I asked for name, age and location and was told that I was now a 38 year old woman named Elizabeth living in England in 1546. I was the at the center of a crowd of people who were chanting "Witch" at me. There was a powerful looking person, better dressed than most, who was pushing his way through the crowd and came to stand alongside me. He looked at me carefully.

"Is this true? Are you a witch as these people say you are?" he asked.

"No, I'm not a witch. All I did was to use some of my herbs to heal a sick baby. Everyone thought the baby would die but he didn't. There he is over there," I pointed to a mother who was holding a small child in her arms as he looked around himself.

"Come here," the man ordered the woman holding the child, "Was you baby sick?"

"Yes, he was almost dead," the woman answered, "But then this woman did something and he seemed to come back to life. It must be the work of the Devil," she said.

The crowd around me heard the word 'Devii' and began chanting 'Witch' again until the man held up his hand for silence.

"We will have to test this woman to see if she is indeed a witch," he said, "Come with me to the pond."

Holding me tightly he led me to a nearby pool of water where there was a chair set up on the end of a long pole which could swivel around. For some reason I knew they were going to kill me so I dissociated from this woman and looked down at the scene. It was totally out of control, the superstitious ignorance of these villagers was palpable and I knew that there was no way I could survive this. I drifted back through my lifetime, seeing myself as a child taking an interest in plants in the woods. My grandmother taught me how to use plants to keep people healthy, how to heal wounds and make dressings, then she died of old age.

My own mother was very religious and shunned the use of plants, believing only that God would heal and that anything people did to heal themselves was from the Devil. She sent me away when I was still only 15, telling me never to return to the village. I went forwards in time and saw myself learning a great deal more from women who could heal other people before I returned to the village, hoping that my mother was still alive and that her attitude had changed.

I found my mother, who was reluctant to have anything to do with me but eventually invited me into her house for a meal. After I had eaten the woman whose child I had helped had come to my mother's door with her child looking almost dead and barely able to breathe. I couldn't simply sit there and do nothing so I had gone into the woods and collected some herbs, then made a concoction which I rubbed on the child's chest and held under his nose. Immediately he had begun breathing easier and I saw him recover over the next short time. The woman took her child and returned to the village.

From my dissociated viewpoint I watched as she went to the church and told the priest all that had happened. The priest was furious and called the magistrate, who was now leading me to the pool, followed by the villagers.

"You will be tried on a ducking stool as a witch," he announced. "If you are indeed a witch, then you will be able to survive on the stool and will then be burnt at the stake as a witch. If you are not a witch, you will drown, which will be an indication that you were nort a witch and had not sold your soul to the Devil, so you will be buried in the cemetery with a full religious burial service. Do you understand?" he asked Elizabeth, the woman I was in this lifetime.

I nodded, mutely, realizing that I was about to die either by drowning or burning. Several villagers grabbed me and tied me into the chair, then it was swung out over the pond by several willing men who dropped the chair with me attached into the water. I felt myself submerge completely and held my breath. My heart was racing and I felt the desperate need to breathe, but still I held on. Just when I knew for certain that I could hold my breath for no longer, I was raised out of the water, wet, bedraggled and gasping, and swung to the bank.

The villagers and magistrate immediately saw I was alive and the villagers moved away, afraid in case some part of the Devil, which was clearly in me, should infect them. I was sentenced to death as a witch by being burnt at the stake and was quickly untied and taken to a hastily built pile of wood in the square where I was tied to a vertical pole surrounded by tinder dry wood. After pontificating for a while about the dangers of making pacts with the Devil, the magistrate called in the priest to bells my soul and then the fire was lit around me. The flames quickly engulfed me, my wet clothing preventing it from burning for a few seconds while each breath of air I tried to inhale was filled with hot airless smoke. I quickly became unconscious but it took several more minutes before I felt my soul leave my body and I looked down at the fire burning my lifeless body at the stake while the ignorant villagers, priest and magistrate looked on.

I felt really sad that such prejudice and ignorance could have persisted so recently, driven by the power of religion. I waited a short time only then headed towards the light.

I had been relating all that had happened to Tom and, as though from a great distance, I heard Tom's voice calling me back to the present. I had been so caught up in this lifetime that I had completely forgotten that it wasn't real but merely a memory, so I focused on Tom's voice and came back to present reality in my body as Julie.