Patiently Waiting for Marie

Story Info
A guy finds sex elsewhere while romance builds slowly.
18k words
4.68
17.2k
6
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1

The three principals of nut distributors Billings, Jolliffe and Oliphant, their wide range of tree and in ground products marketed under the BJO logo, had just completed interviewing the three top contenders for selection as the company's replacement CEO.

The previous CEO had absconded with an undisclosed amount of the company's money. A professional bounty hunter and had found him living in New Guinea with two women and she recovered all but $27,430 of the money and left him in a local jail waiting for charges to be heard against him for allegedly abducting two female hospitality hostesses.

The whiskies were poured and the cogitation began, lasting the time it took the three men to all leisurely drink three fingers of undiluted single malt.

"We have examined each applicant's merits, laying them open to the bone," Jeff Jolliffe sighed. "So who is it?"

"I pick William Morrow." Herman Oliphant said.

"And so do I," said Arnold Billings, removing a piece of wax from his left ear.

"Wait up you two," coughed Jeff, the company chairman. After the former smoker's cough stopped he said, "Our Mr Morrow has only the second-best qualifications and he served two terms as a politician. Everyone knows you can't trust a politician. Furthermore we obviously agree that Mr Greenways is unacceptable because most of his experience has come via the IRS and everyone knows a taxman screws everyone."

"Agreed JJ," Arnold said, "and to the reply to our question how many hours are day were they prepared to work, Mr Greenways said eight hours including an hour-plus for lunch, Mr Morrow said up to ten hours while the man with the outstanding credentials and experience, Mr Reeves, said for how many hours it takes."

"Yes that was greatly appealing and I almost went for him," said Herman. "But he then laid down the conditions for that. He said he'd settle for nothing less than a million bucks starting salary and demanded our boardroom with its magnificent views over the city and harbor be converted into a company apartment for his exclusive use and because of his long work hours the company must provide him with women."

"Yes, yes but why emphasis women when he made it quite clear that meant only one woman at the time," JJ said irritably. "What I didn't like was when he said he didn't want call girls and then had had the gall to suggest the pool of women for selection could include our wives, daughters and granddaughters. For heaven's sake, our granddaughters."

"Some are of legal age," Arnold the director of imports and marketing said.

"Yes," said Herman, director of administration, "and Jeff with you being director of finance and client liaison, it must occur to you that having our women in that pool could mean less trouble finding women for him and, as well, he is young and so is unlikely to want to choose our wives to take to bed and of course we should assume our daughters like being taken to bed."

"Hmmm," said Arnold. "On the other hand it could rev our wives up if they all received a robust month or so of bedroom attention from this guy."

"Well, we have exhausted our arguments and our whiskies have gone," Jeff said. "Which one is our preferred guy?"

"Mr Reeves."

"Mr Reeves."

"And I go for Mr Reeves too. Bring him in Herman."

* * *

Nash Reeves (38) had worked as deputy CEO at a big trucking company since leaving the Army four years after competing service in the Middle East, retiring with the rank captain and specializing in the Army in logistics and he'd spent his last seven years as a member of a tactical development team. He was required to give his current employer two months' notice and that was timely because by then his apartment would be ready. That would involve conversion of the little used boardroom and the adjoining rooms wastefully used as storerooms.

The directors had moaned that would be cramping them for space but Applicant Reeves had said why have a boardroom for just three directors when the chairman's office was plenty large enough for those irregular meetings. He said if they felt cramped for space they should look on the floor below their offices where there was a huge formal dining room scarcely used these days because most staff preferred to eat out. A small café would suffice.

The three directors had looked at him as if wondering where his ideas had come from. Conversely, the applicant was of the opinion the entire place was a commercial museum, having been left practically untouched for thirty to forty years.

He'd wisely asked what was the maximum he could spend on any one item without prior referral to the chairman. The board thinking he meant just on his company car set that figure at $25,000.

Nash then said he'd be making some changes around the place, possibly big changes, to lower internal costs.

Panic showed on the faces of the directors and they conferred and then announced he could change things on the first four floors of the building but not the fifth where their offices were. Any changes he thought of for their floor would have to be put to the board before a cent was spent on any proposed change. Nash had smiled and agreed and the partners relaxed.

* * *

Nash arrived at 9:10 on his first morning as CEO at Billings, Jolliffe and Oliphant and no one knew who he was. The three receptionists continued chatting about their weekend until Miss Harlow, the manager of HR, saw him standing there and shrieked, "Ladies this is Mr Reeves, our new CEO.

The women ran into each other in their desperation to attend to him.

"Miss Harlow, I waited three and a half minutes for service before you arrived and that is appalling. Please arrange to have these women fired."

"Oh Mr Reeves, please. Omigod they have young families. Oh please," Miss Harlow said, looking at two of the women who were in tears and the third was so white-faced she appeared on the verge of fainting.

"Very well Miss Harlow. I have listened to you. Please arrange for these women to have motivational training and issue them each with an official warning as a result of their misbehavior this morning."

"Yes Mr Reeves but please excuse me: I don't know what motivational training is."

"Then find out. Take me to the office manager please. I need to bawl her out over this before she take me around the offices."

"Mrs Dempsey usually arrives a little late sir. She prefers to take her children to school herself because she doesn't think school buses are hygienic enough for her children."

"Then please advise Mrs Dempsey if she cannot get to work in time she can resign her job here, where immediate effect."

"But..."

"Hush Miss Harlow. No bleating. I did say if she couldn't get to work in time. I'll make my own way around the offices unaccompanied. Actually I prefer it that way."

Nash had to grin. Everyone in the offices he visited had their heads down working and when he approached each person then would look up and smile and say good morning Mr Reeves. At least the receptionists were efficient in getting everyone briefed.

He stepped into the elevator behind a woman in a gray skirt outline a trim butt. He ran a hand down her flank. She spun around arm swinging to slap him but he caught the wrist in blinding speed and gently lowered her hand. She bared her teeth as if to gnash her teeth into his neck but heard him warn her not to bite.

"Hi you are Jeff Jolliffe's daughter Marie."

"How the devil do you know that you stalker?"

"I'm the company's new CEO who is being paid to know almost everything. Your dad has your and your brothers and your mom's photo on his desk."

"But you haven't been near here in two months, or so that is my understanding. Daddy has been worn out doing your job as well as his."

"My contract starts from today. My contract with my previous employer terminated last Friday. I owed my loyalty to my previous employer until then, not to this company."

"Well yes I really do know that. I'm and attorney, but most people don't act with that level of commitment. Please answer me how could you remember my picture two months after glancing at my face only once?"

"Well during that glance I stood transfixed, believing I had glimpsed the most adorable female of our universe."

She giggled and said god he was funny.

"I'm Army trained and served in military intrusions into hostile territories overseas. It was part our duties to observe and remember things."

"Oh that's very impressive."

"Actually you have your dad's carriage and nose."

"Oh god that nose," she giggled.

"Don't get it altered. In ancient Rome you might have been mistaken for a daughter of the emperor."

"Omigod, how can you make something as common as a nose sound so exciting?"

"One gets a lot of thinking time in the Army. You civilians imagine we are killing people day and night."

"Ah yes. Oh god the elevator hasn't moved or have you thrown the switch?"

"The deal is you kiss me and like kissing me and I start the elevator. No tonguing."

She giggled, hesitated, teetered and then stepped in and kissed him and appeared surprised her didn't grope. He just reached behind without looking and hit the right switch.

"I've never said this ever about anyone but you are really amazingly interesting."

Nash said authoritatively, "The first fifteen-second impression of anyone is usually the best impression. After that it's all downhill."

She smiled and the elevator stopped at the 2nd and he stepped out and said, "Thanks for that gorgeous kiss. No doubt you will endeavor to meet me again."

She smiled.

It was morning coffee time when Nash reached the 5th floor. Jeff practically ran across the floor to greet him warming and then turning said, Nash may I introduce my wife Lily and my daughter Marie."

"I have already met your daughter."

Jeff looked very surprised. Nash looked at Marie and she looked back expressionless. Good god, she hadn't told her father that they'd met and how they'd met."

"Oh pardon me, that's possible my mistake. I'm always meeting beautiful women but not this beautiful and you are a great looking woman as well Mrs Jolliffe. I'm pleased to meet you ma'am. I believe you are wearing Love Intention Purple?"

"Good god, how do you know that?"

"Army officer training ma'am."

"Oh you are so bright, not at all what I expected. Please call me Lily Mr Reeves."

"Oh please call me Nash."

"And what do I have on Nash?"

"Your mom would hope underwear."

She almost hissed. "What perfume am I wearing?"

"Ah this is difficult. I need to bend over and almost touch the frontal base of your neck to inhale a full sample."

"Go ahead. But you won't get it."

The test was done.

"Well?"

"No I don't know. It's one of the newer ones."

"Well guess."

"Ricci Ricci."

"Omigod you are good."

"But it's not Ricci Ricci is it?"

"No," she giggled.

"Well enough of this. Let's have coffee with the guys and their wives in Nash's new apartment. It was signed off last week. We are very impressed and we all want it Nash but if you put new vitality into this company, we will all agree you right to occupy our little palace will have been well earned."

"Come through and take my arm Lily. I guess you don't have to prove your position to the other two wives but it never hurts to reinforce position."

Lily clutched his arm and said happily, "Young man I wonder if you know too much for your own good."

They all laughed, Lily and Nash leading the way.

His first impression of his apartment, which it's entrance alongside a newly renovated service elevator that could be accessed night or day from the secure basement car park, was utter delight. The company had spent big on the conversion, incorporating latest developments in apartment fit-outs.

"Christ Jeff, this looks amazing.

"Well it cost us a pretty sum," he smiled. "We expect you'll be worth it."

"Oh my," Lily said, looking around slowly and then she waved and called, "Hi girls."

After the introductions Jeff made a short speech of welcome to Nash and he replied.

And then Jeff handed over to his two fellow directors.

Herman's wife handed Marie a bouquet of flowers and Herman said, "Jeff's daughter Marie came to our rescue three months ago when we lost our CEO. For those three months she has worked for us five days a week from 7 am to noon, carrying much of the minimum workload of a CEO apart from such things as leading forward planning, refining the business plan and marketing plan and drafting those new plans. The directors took over those responsibilities."

"Somehow we got through and we are aware coming to us each morning would cost Marie a sizeable portion of her billings because she had to farm out some of her work and we cannot make up for possible displeasure of her clients and even the loss of some of them. But Marie saw her father was in distress, being unable to secure an appropriate fill-in person other than accountancy people and so, having worked in this company after school as a high school student and then as a college student before she went on to study law, she stepped in at her suggestion and performed amazingly well and for a part salary that we know fell well short of her professional earning capacity. Thank you for your wonderful contribution in our time of need Marie."

"Thank you Mr Oliphant for those kind words and I really appreciate these flowers. I had no option to come here when I began to notice the stress that was beginning to grip my father. I though this would never do; and I knew what I had to do. I must admit in terms of what I feel I achieved here in my stopgap role and preserving my own business by working late into evenings, I producing satisfying results all round. It was a pleasure working here in an executive role and thank you everyone for working with me so cooperatively."

After the polite applause Arnold stepped forward and said, "Marie step back here please."

Arnold said, "The directors of this company have decided to reward you with a bonus. Please accept these keys. You father mentioned that in the lead up to your divorce there were large debts and you had to sell your lovely car as part of the divorce settlement and since then you have driven an ailing vehicle that is no credit to you. Marie and everyone please look down from this window and see what these keys are for."

The small group joined Marie and Arnold at the windows and saw a sedan bedecked in flags and balloons. No one else in the company drove a vehicle decorated like that.

Arnold said proudly, "Marie please accept from the directors of this company a quality vehicle. It is a new Infinity 6-cylinder FX 35 loaded with extras. Enjoy it dear girl."

Crying happily Marie hugged and kissed all three directors.

Everyone then toured the apartment, Nash paying the closest attention, and they had to ease by the three people in the kitchen who were about to start serving a 4-course meal for the group as partly a farewell to Marie and a welcome to the company's new CEO.

It was a fun evening as everyone was out to enjoy themselves.

Jeff and Nash later stripped off the decorations before Marie, who'd only had two drinks, prepared to drive off. She kissed her father and then waved to Nash who said she must come and socialize with him sometime. She laughed and waved without answering.

Nash put his arm around Jeff's shoulders as they walked back inside.

"My apartment, that car, you do things in style Jeff."

"Thanks buddy. Now lets get a look at this special whisky. The women know they have to drive home. Oh you must get your own vehicle. You may go up to $60,000 on my decision. Anything higher then you pay the difference."

"Thanks buddy."

CHAPTER 2

The receptionists snapped to attention at 9:10 on Day 2 when Nash came down to the foyer and chorused, "Good morning Mr Reeves."

"Hi Mega, Verity and Mia. My this is an improvement."

He pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind his back and said they were for their counter. "I have instructed Supplies to provide you with a suitable vase and to order delivery of flowers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings and you may take turns at taking the flowers home on Friday evenings if they are still looking good."

"Thank you Mr Reeves. We feel appreciated," Verity the senior receptionist said.

And then Nash struck. He'd asked the office manager for a list of people in the company with personal assistants because the company appeared to have a large number. He found even assistant managers had PAs.

He instructed Mrs Dempsey to email a directive on his behalf that everyone in the company, apart from the three directors who shared a personal assistant/receptionist, was to file a report to the CEO thoroughly justifying their retention of a PA. If they thought they could do without one they should say so. If they thought they should trial without one they should say so. If they thought they could share a PA they should say do. PA's not required would be given the opportunity to resign and accept a golden handshake or the alternative was to be made redundant.

Needless to say there was bedlam within the company when that memo was fired around.

Nash wisely left the building to purchase a car and to begin buying furniture for his apartment. By agreement with the company, furniture and furnishing were his financial responsibility and would remain his property. He called Lily Jolliffe after he left the office and asked if she would be his consultant to choose furniture.

"What today?"

"Yes, from 11:00 would be fine."

"So you happily assume I have nothing else better to do and have no other arrangements?"

"What I assume is you'd tell me if that were the case."

"Oh."

"You may care to bring another decisive person as a chaperone."

"I don't require a chaperone. Why aren't you inviting Marie to do this? It seemed to me you are attracted to her."

"Good spotting but this only is her second day back working a full day. I have brains Lily."

She laughed and said good thinking. Marie would be up to her neck in work.

"Think where we can go for late lunch. It will be on my personal credit card."

"Good boy. I can see you know how to treat women. Some guys would only offer a hamburger."

"Oh a hamburger. I hadn't thought of that."

They laughed and Nash said he'd call for her in his new car if he could settle on a drive-away purchase. He got Lily's address.

Nash said to the salesman who approached him, "Okay let's talk a deal of this red sedan for me to drive away the minute we settle."

"We'd have to do a pre-delivery check."

"Hasn't that been done on this vehicle? It's done some miles as a demo."

"Well yes but not for the new client."

"Let's go and see your boss. I don't want a test drive as I've had an earlier 5 Series and if I find anything wrong with it I'll bring it back."

Nash negotiated what he considered a good deal with the manager at the BMW dealership. The guy didn't know Jeff Jolliffe but knew Herman Oliphant as they were in the same Rotary Club and so the manager got Herman to fax through a company order and the deal was finalized. The deal included Nash returning the vehicle within the next two weeks for the complimentary pre-delivery check. The fuel tank was filled and he was waved off and had plenty of time to purchase a heap of kitchenware and arrange for its delivery before he went to pick up Lily.

Two nights later Marie called that she was waiting to come up. Nash pressed the release to give her access into the car park and he also pressed the release for the service elevator, having told her where to find it.

She arrived and went to kiss him but hesitated. He stepped in and kissed her on both cheeks.

She smiled nervously. "Mom insisted I call around and see if they was anything I can do to help."